PDA

View Full Version : Own a Samsung Galaxy S II? Read this!

IATV
10-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Dear Spacetime Studios,

plz give us a quick update: what's the deal with the big, big, big "Samsung Galaxy S 2 - Freeze" problem?

1. Are you working on it?
2. Are you talking to Samsung about it?
3. Which perspective do SGS2 owners have?

Thanx!

Samhayne
10-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Hey IATV,

The Samsung Galaxy S 2 has only recently (in the last month) become available here in the USA. We have a couple in house for testing and we have NOT be able to reproduce the sound crash on them. Flip played something like 8 hours straight one day and it never crashed on him.

So, we can't reproduce the crash in house. I'm not sure what is different between the phones we have here and yours, but something must be.

Can you give us some specific details of your phone?

Flip
10-05-2011, 03:30 PM
That's correct I'm afraid. This phone stubbornly refuses to break for me! Asommers sadly vetoed the "hit it with a hammer" method :(
Sam has the right tactic. Let's all compare notes on our Galaxy S2's and see where they differ. I'll start!

My phone was purchased in the USA
The only apps I've installed are SL and PL
Settings -> About Phone:
Model number: SPH-D710
Android version: 2.3.4
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-SPH-D710.EG30-CL435734
Build number: GINGERBREAD.EG30
Hardware version: D710.10
Please respond with this information if you have a Galaxy S2! Does anyone else have an S2 that doesn't crash?

Zeosar
10-06-2011, 10:31 AM
My phone was purchased in the Poland
Model number: GT-I9100
Android version: 2.3.3
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKE7-CL215725
Build number: GINGERBREAD.XWKE7

Flip
10-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Well, that one result seems to explain it. The phone sold in the US as a Galaxy S II has different hardware and software compared to the S II sold elsewhere. Our phone is newer and seemingly doesn't contain the faulty code that crashes SL/PL. Thanks for helping us figure this out Zeosar!

Zeosar
10-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Can you do anything about it?

csb
10-07-2011, 01:01 PM
...we have NOT be able to reproduce the sound crash on them. Flip played something like 8 hours straight one day and it never crashed on him.

Wow, nice job. Testing PL 8 hours per day on new devices. Got any job openings? :)

Flip
10-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Can you do anything about it?
We're investigating a potential way to workaround the bug but I don't have anything solid to tell you yet.

Wow, nice job. Testing PL 8 hours per day on new devices. Got any job openings? :)
Yup! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?324-Quality-Assurance-Tester)

Zeosar
10-07-2011, 02:44 PM
We're investigating a potential way to workaround the bug but I don't have anything solid to tell you yet.

Thanks and good luck with that! I thought it could be helpful, I haven't had a single freeze when i was outside waiting for a train, it's almost winter so it's cold outside. Maybe the heat is the problem?

iamnobody
10-11-2011, 05:33 AM
That's correct I'm afraid. This phone stubbornly refuses to break for me! Asommers sadly vetoed the "hit it with a hammer" method :(
Sam has the right tactic. Let's all compare notes on our Galaxy S2's and see where they differ. I'll start!

My phone was purchased in the USA
The only apps I've installed are SL and PL
Settings -> About Phone:
Model number: SPH-D710
Android version: 2.3.4
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-SPH-D710.EG30-CL435734
Build number: GINGERBREAD.EG30
Hardware version: D710.10
Please respond with this information if you have a Galaxy S2! Does anyone else have an S2 that doesn't crash?

Hi

I am happy to hear that u guys finally look into the case.
But I am also so sorry to hear that your Galaxy SII (i think it was called Galaxy S2 EPIC in the net) is totally different from mine or maybe most of us which has the crash issue.
For me, I am using Galaxy SII I9100 not SPH-D710... which the hardware spec/model/phone is totally different :(

Anyway FYI

My Phone firstly come with ROM ver. ZSKE7 Android 2.3.3 (ZS is Asia rom) then
ZSKF1
ZSKF4
ZSKG2
Now ZSKI3 (Android 2.3.5)
Also tried XXKG3 and XXKG6 (International)

All have the crash issue.

Hope u will release work around ver. soon.

apoceq
10-11-2011, 09:34 AM
So you guys respond to the S2 crashing but nothing about the droid bionic HORRID performance issues?

Zeosar
10-11-2011, 10:07 AM
So you guys respond to the S2 crashing but nothing about the droid bionic HORRID performance issues?

There are only a few people working in Space Time Studio. Give them some time and I am sure that they will fix everything :p

Beanstatus
10-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Devs the Droid Bionic is important too!! It's having problems as well :(

Gazroast
10-17-2011, 11:20 AM
STS,
If I could test games for you from here in Canada it would be my dream job, AND I'll work for only 50K(55K w/o Benefits) a year!

Message me any time if you would like a copy of my resume! :)

P.S. Resume only contains boring-non-gaming jobs. I am only able to play games for (8 hours of work + 10 hours of sleep/wife/baby/driving etc that life takes) = 6 hours a day.. But I do actually play during work (Will probably get fired soon!) and cutting down to 5 hours of sleep/wife/baby/driving etc that life takes helps too!

:D

Zeosar
10-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Any news on galaxy fixes?

Samhayne
10-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Any news on galaxy fixes?

Have you tried to get any updates from Samsung? Obviously, they fixed/changed stuff with their latest versions of the S 2. Can you get that for your phone?

Zeosar
10-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I have just uninstalled and reinstalled this game, it still crashes.

Gazroast
10-17-2011, 04:05 PM
I did a little digging on the Evo 3D and found that many users are experiencing similair issues. I would suggest you do the following if you haven't already.
1. Update your firmware by going to settings>system updates>firmware update. While your there, you might as well update everything else. Note if your rooted this could remove your root/super user permissions, in that case you will have to re-root.
2. Uninstall your application but only if you have a registered PL account.
3. Clear your Marketplace cache and data in your applications manager.
4. Finally, download and install the game from the Marketplace.
5. Restart your phone.

Try this and keep us updated. Good luck :)

This helped a little for my Driod, even though its not a GS2, the process should be the same.
The Firmware/Software on a phone from over seas is out-dated compared to the GS2's shipped with-in the U.S.A.
Update your phone and you should be fine.

Restarting a lot after re-installing and updating the game via the .apk files helped me too.
Restarted like 4 times LOL.

Good luck!

Zeosar
10-18-2011, 11:37 AM
@up I did what you said and this happened :s

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t44/sebastian155/SC20111018-181510.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t44/sebastian155/SC20111018-181530-1.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t44/sebastian155/SC20111018-181856-1.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t44/sebastian155/SC20111018-181642-1.jpg

At least map is working ^^

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t44/sebastian155/SC20111018-181731.jpg

Also it still crashes, crash pic here

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t44/sebastian155/SC20111018-181933-1.jpg

Zeosar
10-19-2011, 07:26 AM
I fixed the black textures by reinstalling, but it still crashes like before.

Zeosar
10-20-2011, 01:27 PM
So any news on the problem with pocket legends crashing on galaxy s2?

TANKKAAR
10-20-2011, 02:00 PM
I originally purchased the HTC amaze because I was afraid of the possible issues with the S2. After 2days I returned the HTC amaze due to a really really really bad Batt life and the fact it became super heated even with moderate use. With no where else to turn and wanting a too of the line phone I hesitantly opted to try the S2. I'm super happy to say that I have never been happier phone and I haven't even rooted it yet (based on it's current performance idk if I will). It hasn't crashed once and is super responsive in everyway. sorry for those of you that are having issues with this amazing phone and I hope they get it worked out for you soon. Here is a screen shot of my phone info in the hopes it will help :)

Bought in USA
http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/SC20111020-114026.png

Azmatar
10-22-2011, 04:11 PM
This may not work for everyone but it did for me as I have an S II as well.

Check to see if the installation is on your SD Card. If it is, then move the date to the phone, I have had no crashes since.

Interestingly enough, this also worked with another game Crusade of Destiny that I play.

As I said, may or may not work, but I thought I'd share :)

Drzak
10-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Tried moving both PL and SL from the SD card but still the same. I did have some luck with turning the cpu speed down to 500Mhz for a while but 5 or more players on screen at once and started to freeze and force close again. I guess the Europe version of the phone was rushed for quick money, real shame if true as the phone is quality. I am thinking maybe wipe the phone and start again. PL worked for about 2 weeks completely fine before crashing started so I must have installed something that the phone doesn't like, god knows what though as I haven't put much on it.

sbrooks1973
10-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Im quite certain its a heat problem. try to play the game with your protective casing / gel case / anything that did not come with the phone, removed.
She heats up but does not crash.
Im using a very basic silicon gel protective cover but even that is enough to tip the balance.
I hope you guys try this I know how frustrating it is.

sbrooks1973
10-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Ok very sorry, it had muted the sound effects for a while but

not the music, that's why it didn't crash. I would delete my post if I knew how.
The moment the effects started up again, within 10 mins it froze

Zeosar
10-29-2011, 09:53 AM
I think we are forgotten.

Samhayne
11-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Sorry guys, have you tried contacting Samsung about the issue? It appears that the problem is related to older hardware, as the new phones we get here in the US do not have the problem :(

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-03-2011, 09:02 PM
I just bought (yesterday) the Galaxy S II here in California. Same phone info as the one that does not crash-
Model: SPH-D710
Android Version: 2.3.4
Kernel:2.6.35.7-SPH-D710.EG30-CL435734
Build: GINGERBREAD.EG30
Hardware Ver.:D710.10

Mine DOES crash. I play for about 5 minutes and then *poof* back to the home screen. Claiming victory and saying it's an older or foreign phone issue is a bit premature. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need additional info I'm more than willing.

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-04-2011, 09:02 AM
So my crash issue is minimized when turning off all in game sounds and dropping the media volume to zero. This has been reported before, obviously, but at least it confirms the sound issue even on some new US S2's.

EDIT: Nope, the sound thing was only a coincidence. Crashes just as badly with it on or off.

Please retake a look guys. I and bummed that I can't play due to the crashing and I doubt Samsung is going to do anything about it.

Erwin Jonker
11-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi im from the Netherlands, i bought my Galaxy S II just one and a half weeks ago and i have the same isseu. The game just freezes after 5 - 10 min and goes back to samsungs main screen.
Model number: GT-I9100
Android ver.: 2.3.4
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKI4-CL575468
Build: GINGERBREAD.XWKI4
Hardware ver.: (Where can i find that?)

Yvonnel
11-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Think it might be somewhat related to hardware. I am running a custom rom and kernel (both based of the Galaxy S II) on my 1st gen Fassy with no issues.

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Im just waiting on a response. I have the same U.S. version S2 with the exact same build as the phone they have no issues with. Id like to know what the difference is and why thiers doesnt crash.

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-08-2011, 05:06 PM
2433 screenshot so youguys dont think im just crying wolf.

Yvonnel
11-08-2011, 06:26 PM
2433 screenshot so youguys dont think im just crying wolf.

Nope, didn't think you were crying wolf. I believe you. I play around a lot with the android os.

One thing I wonder, is it an app that's misbehaving (I know this has happened to me before). I had some app conflicts a while back giving me some major issues.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Thanks for your response.
If there is an app conflict it's with one of the core applications native to the S2. I have no other downloaded apps on the phone currently. It's seems to me that the crashes generally happen during combat. I am able to sit in towns and conduct transactions in Balefort with no issues. It happens with groups, in solo runs, fighting bosses... just random. I have deleted the app, wiped the cache and redownloaded. I have moved to SD and kept it on the phone. No dice.

Flip
11-09-2011, 02:24 PM
What carrier do you have? The S2 hardware varies by carrier in the US. I have the T-Mobile and Sprint versions and neither of them have the issue.

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Howdy Flip. My carrier is Sprint...which, of course, makes it all the more,frustrating since your Sprint version is crash free...

Flip
11-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Have you noticed any correlation between receiving a notification, phone call, or text message with the crash?

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-09-2011, 04:19 PM
This was one of my first thoughts, and yes, I have had a ping spike and crash due to that. The other times I had no email or text notifications coming in. I went as far as disabling my exchange account just to make sure it wasnt that.

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-09-2011, 06:42 PM
A couple of observations.
1. I almost always get booted right before taking down Alessandro. Solo, in a group, doesnt matter. I can get through Gustav a bit more regularly, but when the boot comes its right before he is defeated.
2. Does the Galaxy S2 you use heat up right by the camera when playing? Mine does.
3. When I had an EVO I would get ping spikes and rare crashes when texts came in. Same as this phone.

MrNBD
11-10-2011, 06:20 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42150-Workaround-for-guys-with-Samsung-Galaxy-SII-and-game-freezes

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Rooting is going to be my last resort. Id rather not root just to fix one application, but it may come to that. Thanks for the link.

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Any update on this? Testing? Replicated error? Anything?

Samhayne
11-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Any update on this? Testing? Replicated error? Anything?

We can't get our hands on a phone with the reported problems, so no, sorry :(

Zeosar
11-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Maybe someone with issues can go to space time studios and show them the bug on his own phone? Or maybe there is some way to send you client logs or whatever you need to define the problem.

MrNBD
11-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Rooting is going to be my last resort. Id rather not root just to fix one application, but it may come to that. Thanks for the link.
Trust me, it's not just one application. Such a freezes/crashes has been reported by many other game developers/players too. I just don't really get how this can happen only on some phones. I managed to reproduce same problem on 4 devices already (1 was bought from Poland, 1 from UK and 2 from Ireland).
Anyways, waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich to see if it fixes our problem and in the mean time playing only on one CPU core (witch works 100% BTW) :)

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Maybe someone with issues can go to space time studios and show them the bug on his own phone? Or maybe there is some way to send you client logs or whatever you need to define the problem.

Seriously. I cannot be the only US spec galaxy s2 crashing while plying PL.
I reinstalled after mt. Fang to see if it might help. It did....for a day. At first I was able to run through all the new dungeons, including bosses. Now, I cannot finish a boss battle.
Why it works fine for awhile then crashes has me really frustrated.
IGN: onedone

Yvonnel
11-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Seriously. I cannot be the only US spec galaxy s2 crashing while plying PL.
I reinstalled after mt. Fang to see if it might help. It did....for a day. At first I was able to run through all the new dungeons, including bosses. Now, I cannot finish a boss battle.
Why it works fine for awhile then crashes has me really frustrated.

See the post above yours. According to info from other people in the android community it is an issue with dual cores and gingerbread. However, most have reported that forcing the troublesome apps to run on one core seems to prevent the issue.

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-16-2011, 02:35 PM
See the post above yours. According to info from other people in the android community it is an issue with dual cores and gingerbread
. However, most have reported that forcing the troublesome apps to run on one core seems to prevent the issue
I read that and understood it. If you read the devs posts on here you would see thay they have the same phone with the a version of gingerbread as I do and they have zero issues. If its an issue with dual core phones then why are they unaffected? Root was my last resort and im looking into it, but my point is that there is a gingerbread s2 running this app.with no issues at spacetime, presumably without root. I would love to replicate that on my end.

Flip
11-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Some potential good news here. We've received a report from a customer in the EU who was experiencing this issue. He installed the latest version of Android 2.3.5 stock for Galaxy SII and that solved the issue for him. You may wish to check with your carrier/manufacturer to make sure you have the latest version installed. Let us know if it works!

MrNBD
11-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Well, i have tested a lot different 2.3.5 stock ROMs and none helped. Same was even on CyacogenMod7 (2.3.7).

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Well, i have tested a lot different 2.3.5 stock ROMs and none helped. Same was even on CyacogenMod7 (2.3.7).
Yeah, so I rooted and tried Siyah, but it seems to only work for the overseas version of the gsII. The sprint version I have, the epic touch 4g isnt fully funtional it. You lose phone, data and other problems arise. So no tegrak 2nd core :-( .
Tried a few other things, including trying 2.3.5 and still I crash.
I swapped the phone for another (same exact phone) and it crashes. One notable difference: now when I crash it keeps me in the PL app and puts me on the connecting server screen. It used to boot me all the way out to my lock .
Edit: and I know spacetime is having a hard time finding an epic touch 4g that exhibits this behavior, buf if you do.... 1. The disconnects come fast during bos battles. I can go 105 enemies go get to a boss, but I will get diconnected midway into fighting a boss. 2. The area by the camera gets quite hot before the disconnect. Its a telltale sign that the dc is coming.
Thanks to everyone for the responses and suggestions.

Zeosar
11-27-2011, 06:20 PM
havent had a single crash since i rooted and then flashed this using odin 3 1.83 password samfirmware.com

http://hotfile.com/dl/132730752/974b866/I9100XXKI4.rar.html

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-28-2011, 11:30 AM
havent had a single crash since i rooted and then flashed this using odin 3 1.83 password samfirmware.com

http://hotfile.com/dl/132730752/974b866/I9100XXKI4.rar.html
Tried that on a sprint epic 4g. Nearly bricked the phone.

Zeosar
11-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Tried that on a sprint epic 4g. Nearly bricked the phone.

It's for galaxy SII, i rooted using this guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNVE0UDe-bQ

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
11-29-2011, 11:29 AM
It's for galaxy SII, i rooted using this guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNVE0UDe-bQ
Im pretty sure the issue is most likely jus currently unsolvable on US Sprint version Galaxy II's (US ver. Epic 4g touch). ill keep looking for a firmware update solution. I tried using Kies and it states my phones doesnt support firmware updates through Kies.

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
12-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Im pretty sure the issue is most likely jus currently unsolvable on US Sprint version Galaxy II's (US ver. Epic 4g touch). ill keep looking for a firmware update solution. I tried using Kies and it states my phones doesnt support firmware updates through Kies.

Updated to 2.3.6... Still crashes. I am not useful to any grouo i join as i can crash and drop at any moment. Ridiculously frustrating.
Ign: onedone

Enisceloz
12-21-2011, 06:34 PM
I recently bought a Galaxy SII aswell, from T-Mobile here in New York and here are my specs:

Model Number: SGH-T989
Android Verson: 2.3.6.
Baseband Verion: T989UVKL1
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.11
Build Number: GINGERBREAD.UVKL1

(I recently upgraded to the new firmware) However the game just happens to crash at random times!! The screen freezes but the music still plays. I was fighting Von Gobble last night and my game crashed. So I let it stand on freeze for a bit to see if it recovered and nothing. Closed game logged back in. And I had gotten a death on my stats lol, so some how the game was still playing on????

Darkfader
12-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Planning on buying new phone(my old iPhone 3GS isn't just enough). I'm choosing between iPhone 4s and galaxy s2. Would like to know is there happened anything special since last posts? Wouldn't want new phone to come between me and pocket legends. LOL

Enisceloz
12-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Planning on buying new phone(my old iPhone 3GS isn't just enough). I'm choosing between iPhone 4s and galaxy s2. Would like to know is there happened anything special since last posts? Wouldn't want new phone to come between me and pocket legends. LOL

Nope, no update or fix yet. Luckily my crashes aren't too frequent. But they still do occur atleast once a day!

Darkfader
12-27-2011, 01:25 AM
Nope, no update or fix yet. Luckily my crashes aren't too frequent. But they still do occur atleast once a day!

Oh well. Thanks for info, but I tought to go with galaxy s2 anyways. So if I get crashing version of phone no can do. And if sts needs test phone for use I'm ready to send it to them solve this issue. :]

Going to get it today after work.

Kariem Ortiz-Vincenty
12-27-2011, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=Darkfader;523417]Oh well. Thanks for info, but I tought to go with galaxy s2 anyways. So if I get crashing version of phone no can do. And if sts needs test phone for use I'm ready to send it to them solve this issue.
Going to get it today after work.[
Good luck. Maybe STS will listen to you. You may also have better luck being the TMobile version of the SII. The Sprint version seems a bit hopeless. Perhaps the root/siyah Kernal fix works for your version. It does not work for Sprints version

Darkfader
12-27-2011, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=Darkfader;523417]Oh well. Thanks for info, but I tought to go with galaxy s2 anyways. So if I get crashing version of phone no can do. And if sts needs test phone for use I'm ready to send it to them solve this issue.
Going to get it today after work.[
Good luck. Maybe STS will listen to you. You may also have better luck being the TMobile version of the SII. The Sprint version seems a bit hopeless. Perhaps the root/siyah Kernal fix works for your version. It does not work for Sprints version

Both operators not working here in Finland.
Just got my phone updated and all installed, testing starts now. Let's see what happens. :]

Darkfader
12-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Second day going and so far not even single freeze or crash. Here's my details.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1889/sc20111228150546.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/sc20111228150546.png/)

Enisceloz
12-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Second day going and so far not even single freeze or crash. Here's my details.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1889/sc20111228150546.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/sc20111228150546.png/)

Samething happened to me. The first couple of days to a week it worked fine. Then the crashing started happening. Played a good deal of time yesterday and it crashed once.

Darkfader
01-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Still no crash or other issues at me. Seems I'm lucky with my s2.

dzx185
01-06-2012, 10:09 PM
I just got a sprint samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch a couple days ago in the us and it always crashes.

dansidans
02-02-2012, 07:36 PM
There is a very good possibility that the s2 version of thr app has a mem leak. Upon exiting out of the game my available ram does not decrease. If you open the program and close it again more memory is consumed and not released. After doing this appx7 times the whole phone slows down not just pl. Also if all ram is being used the app will freeze or force close itaelf. If you can address this mem prob i believe u will find the cause of the freeze.

muharizj
02-05-2012, 12:46 AM
ok I have a fix for you guys - it worked on my international S2 - some of you might not be willing to do this but it works pretty well

I think its a threading issue with Soundpool when using dual core. was getting random heap-dumps in something I've been working on myself...

the easiest solution to this is to DISABLE DUAL-CORE when playing Star Legends.

1) replace original kernel with Siyah Kernel v2.2 and over

2) Install 2nd core App

3) open up 2nd core App and select single core mode

4) play game happily.

I can confirm that no crashes since disabling dual core.

@devs, i dunno whether this is the real reason behind the crashes though Im pretty sure it is. A more permanent solution to this problem would be if the game simply stops using Soundpool and created a custom sound manager using opensl or something - but im sure u guys already know this and are probably working on a fix right????

Darkfader
03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Android 4.0.3 is available via ota, it fixed my sound problems. Prefer all test it out and see if it fixes crash and freeze problems too.

Ardon
03-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Android 4.0.3 is available via ota, it fixed my sound problems. Prefer all test it out and see if it fixes crash and freeze problems too.

The ota is coming out in some networks first. So they might take a while depending on what network and country you're in.

Edgarhighmen
05-14-2012, 03:00 AM
I have AT&T SGSII -I777 bought in USA, and I always lose sound when I play DL, and always lose Music when I play SL. Doesn't happen in any other games =/ (I don't play PL) also since I got my PC running again, Chrome won't load up SL.

it just says "Servers are up but you can't connect" =/

Darkfader
05-14-2012, 05:54 AM
I have AT&T SGSII -I777 bought in USA, and I always lose sound when I play DL, and always lose Music when I play SL. Doesn't happen in any other games =/ (I don't play PL) also since I got my PC running again, Chrome won't load up SL.

it just says "Servers are up but you can't connect" =/

Be sure your sgs 2 is updated to latest version 4.0.3, that fixed all sort of problems to me.

schaco
08-16-2012, 06:03 AM
Hello
I got a Issue at my Samsung Galaxy s3
When i wanna join a game then when i click join the join button gets light and it Crashes......
What can i do??

abbasjammmy
08-21-2012, 07:31 AM
I recently bought a Galaxy SII aswell, from T-Mobile here in New York and here are my specs:

Model Number: SGH-T989
Android Verson: 2.3.6.
Baseband Verion: T989UVKL1
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.11
Build Number: GINGERBREAD.UVKL1

(I recently upgraded to the new firmware) However the game just happens to crash at random times!! The screen freezes but the music still plays. I was fighting Von Gobble last night and my game crashed. So I let it stand on freeze for a bit to see if it recovered and nothing. Closed game logged back in. And I had gotten a death on my stats lol, so some how the game was still playing on???? this exactly what happens to me i also gain a death i play the game on full brightness and battery saver off and it crashes i reduced the issue by putting battery on 1/4 and not spamming the skill button weird but true the game crashes if u spam skills its prob because of cpu looks like s2 cant handle how fast the gameplay is when for example comms are using the pull push combo my s2 always crashes on skill explosions

brodiniozo
08-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Just update your phones.

AdaraFaw
10-22-2012, 04:11 PM
I just got my TMobile Samsung GalaxyS2, last month...
At first.. I had these EXACT SAME PROBLEMS! .. I contacted all tech support.. TMobile, Samsung, spacetime.. All to hear each other say.. Each other..

Long story short.. I no longer deal with these issues all the time.. Sometimes at random it will crash but I do a "cleaning ritual" in my phone..

When playing legends.. I prep my phone..
1: clear all catches and cookies.. (settings: applications: "app name") I go through all except the important ones..
2: Before I start legends.. I force close and clear catch.. NOT data...
Restart phone.. Repeat.. You should notice these apps are clean but running.. Force close all the crap that runs background like Facebook, YouTube, gmail.. Other games... You get the idea..
Start PL and see if that helped.. Also.. When I play for hours.. I play with a laptop lap fan.. and my phone on the fan to keep from over heating...

Idk if it will help everyone.. But since I do this I can play for HOURS at a time..

halil
10-24-2012, 07:40 AM
@schaco same here i think there is a issue with samsung galaxy s3 too.

When i join a game screen freeze and game turns itself off.

fjanta
11-10-2012, 04:32 AM
So after not playing for a year I decided to start playing some again. Back in the days the game used to freeze and eventually I'd get a pop up that the game had stopped responding etc. I had a lot of issues with this and eventually i just gave up. One year later. Multiple upgrades to my international phone and it has gotten even worse. First time i loaded up the game it instantly freeze. Had to remove battery to get it responsive again.

Today has started horribly. I havent done a single thing on my phone since I unplugged it 1 hour ago. First i instantly crash. Replug battery and im down to 64% battery. Second try to play i get to kill a few monsters. Use the instant traveling thingie and crash. Replug and now im at 16% battery. I am at a loss what to do. Anyone else dtill struggling with their s2?

Br. /fjant

orynx
11-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Sgs 2 freezing on android 4.0.4.( original i think Pl version) Every max 10 min it freeze (sound freeze too) and i must restart phone. Can u check it? Thx.

Schnitzel
12-14-2012, 05:24 PM
I got samsung Galaxy S3 and same happening to me.
I got it in USA runs on T-Mobile
Latest update
Software:icecreamsandwich
16Gb
And this crashes EVERY. TIME. I. PLAY. SINCE. WINTER. FEST. PATCH. ARRIVED.

kc3635
12-17-2012, 08:30 PM
I have a S3 that crashes every 5 mins (usually in PVE)
Model SGH-T999
Android Version 4.0.4
:(

Moogerfooger
12-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Same as the others above me.

Crashing repeatedly every 2-10mins on a Galaxy SII with ICS 4.0.4, which AT&T just pushed out recently.

Totally locks up phone, have to pull battery.

jordons422
12-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Same here on samsung Galaxy s axiom (android 4.0.4) it freezes and crashes about every 2-10mins i cant even really play the game.

Vini M.
11-29-2013, 12:34 PM
right the same