PDA

View Full Version : Guild tabards

Anesceti
10-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Was woundering what the possibilty of having guild tabards or vanities that are guild specific so we can differentiate ourselves out there. Would love to have some top hats for The Mad Hatters guild.

What you guys think?

Ebalere
10-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I honestly don't see the design team making top hats for your guild. Tabards with an acronym on them would be cool, Blue K.o.C. tabards here plz :D

Liathea
10-05-2011, 06:18 PM
It would be cool to have some sort of guild banner, but think about how much extra work that would be for the staff. There are so many guilds out there right now, and this game is still pretty new. Can you imagine how many there will be in a year? Then can you imagine having to make those tiny little guild banners for each group? Madness, I say. ;)

It would be awesome, but I don't see how it would be feasible.

Ebalere
10-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Well you get a banner or a tabbard, then pick a primary and secondary color, with a limited amount of text, and voila! Once the feature is coded, it's done. No need to design each one seperately, just like creating your tag on black ops or whatever.

Liathea
10-05-2011, 06:46 PM
I had the impression the OP was talking about a much more customized version than some preprogrammed colors and a bit of text, sorry. Your idea would be awesome. :)

Navygreen
10-06-2011, 12:07 PM
that sounds like a lot of work! :P

But it would be cool.

MimeRifle
10-06-2011, 12:13 PM
They could design a method to accept a graphics file meeting certain specific requirements (to avoid them having custom work for *every* guild) and then place that graphic within the game screens with an update. Not saying that is particularly easy either, but they wouldn't necessarily have to actually create the banners themselves. They would only have to review them. (They certainly couldn't allow one to get out there without first being looked at by them of course!)

kas3closed
10-06-2011, 12:14 PM
It would be cool but then the game becomes WoW