PDA

View Full Version : Tour of Arlor Again

ForgottenWarrior
02-12-2017, 08:50 AM
What do you guys think about having one more tour of Arlor or similar contest? It wasn't hosted directly by sts. People who participated got rewards and unforgettable experience from what I have heard. I wasn't much aware of forums when it was running. I would like to see one more such event, there are many cheerful rich players who would like to sponsor and wise players who can conduct this event. Besides regular winter Halloween Lovecraft etc it will be a great event out from the trend.
Please share your opinions
Click here to see previous Tour of Arlor results (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?213223-Tour-of-Arlor-Results&highlight=Elite+journeyman)

Thanks

greekAL
02-13-2017, 04:40 AM
That would be awesome! Tour of arlor was great event!

mrm
02-14-2017, 03:56 PM
I would love it!! i want that mage vanity helm so bad xd even if its a re color

Fyrce
02-14-2017, 05:02 PM
It was a huge undertaking. I don't see it happening again, even though I also would love to see another one. BTW, I would not count on a vanity again. The Tour was not about that; it was about fun and meeting people and cooperation.

GoodSyntax
02-14-2017, 06:09 PM
I'm not sure the Tour of Arlor (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?204843-Contest-Planning-Kalizzaa-s-Tour-of-Arlor) is viable with current in-game mechanics. Heck, players can run all elites, up to and including Nordr naked, so there isn't much of a challenge. Gear has become so OP, that soloing Planar Tombs is relatively easy. Many of my guildies regularly solo Elite Tindi for teeth, so that doesn't leave much where parties are actually needed.

The main drivers of the Tour were to encourage more players to run elite, to welcome tanks (which, at the time were a shunned class) in farming runs, and to get more players familiar with good pull strategies. These days, especially with current end-game gear, good strategies really don't make much of a difference anymore, and tanks/sorcs are now the preferred classes in a group, so discrimination isn't a concern as it once was.

I'd definitely be open to brainstorming ideas on what would be fun, inclusive and challenging (without being a total grind).

Unfortunately, I don't know if I can commit the time to another undertaking like the Tour until September. I've got two different large-scale, commercial software products to finish building, testing, documenting and deploy before September, so I'm pulling some serious hours at work right now and just can't devote the time that managing an event like this would require.

One lesson I learned from the last event is that a small management team is too small. When you are literally getting thousands of posts per day, it is very easy to get overwhelmed. If I were to do it again, I would have no less than 10 others helping with the data entry. I was putting in 30-40 hours a week entering runs, checking for duplicate entries, addressing concerns via PM's, etc. As much as it was a labor of love, it was a heavy burden on me and the handful that assisted in the event.

With all of that said, it would be still be fun to brainstorm a new event. Maybe STS could chime in (hint, hint) and together we can come up with something that captures the spirit of what the Tour was about.

runagain
02-14-2017, 06:48 PM
Would be awesome! +1 for this.

pevensey
02-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Would be great,i will participate (again) if realize

Sent from my LG-H502 using Tapatalk