PDA

View Full Version : New HTC Amaze!!

TANKKAAR
10-05-2011, 11:53 PM
So with all the disappointment about the Iphone 5 which ended up being the Iphone 4 1/2 ;p I decided to start looking in other directions for phones. I am a very BIG fan of android but am also in love with Apples minimalistic designs so choosing phones and devices has always been a toss up for me. I currently own a Macbook for a computer, Android HTC Google G2 phone, Ipad (originally bought for PL but WAY to laggy so gave to my wife), and an Android Samsung galaxy Tab (PL only and WOW is it beautiful). Im listing these not to brag but to iterate how open I am to choosing the best device for my needs vs. what all the fan boys of either side (android/apple) drool over because its the newest thing. To make a long story short, I have a tradition of buying myself a new phone every year for my Birthday..... Guess you could say my Bday is just a way for me to justify frivolous spending on myself...lol.

Seeing how my Bday lands on Oct 17 this years phone was GOING to be the Iphone 5 if it was a truly spectacular device however the Iphake release was a bust so I have been forced to look around. TBH there are a lot of phones out there some im sure that I dont even know exist, but one that i have found and has really caught my sye is the HTC Amaze (htc.t-mobile.com/amaze-camera-phone) offered by T-Mobile. But I REALLY wanted to get everyones opinions? Does this look like a kickass phone? is there something out there thats better? What would you get?

Finally, a question better answered by a DEV. Has Spacetime had a chance to play with this phone and is there any reason this particular phone would be left out in terms of testing for compatibility. I havent really heard of any issues of PL on any other HTC devices but I do know that some other types of newer devices such as the galaxy S have had multiple problems even though there predecessors didnt?

Once I get a list of possibilities I will try to make a poll and see which phone is not only the best but most popular :)

Thanks!

The Oncoming Storm
10-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Ok well the htc amaze sound like it will be good but if you dont mind waiting i would wait for the nexus prime which should be announced next Tuesday by Samsung and Google. it will likely launch in late October and will have android ice cream sandwich. and if u dont mind maybe switching carriers its most likely gonna be on Verizon wireless. that's my take on this hope it helps.

TANKKAAR
10-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Thanks I will definitely check it out ^^ Nexus Prime sounds like a auto-bot...lol

BodMaster
10-06-2011, 08:44 AM
*Goes to check it out while on lunch* (Grrr's at the Samsung part, hello icecream sarnie :))

Ive been attached to the idea of getting a HTC Sensation! 1.2 Dual Core, Gingerbread, 8MP camera, built in screenshot feature etc. (Gota love the names :D) I currently have a HTC Desire and my contract is coming to an end in a few months time, so im on the prowl also :D

Here is my Phone BIBLE! Use this whenever im considering a phone. Full specs, reviews etc.. :)

http://www.GSMArena.com

People may say that your posting in wrong section, but oh well nice save at the end :D (We all know this wouldnt get answered straight away in the Android section.. well except me obv :p

TANKKAAR
10-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks awesome website! Yeh I was actually considering the HTC Sensation before I heard about the Amaze :) from everything I can tell and the "hands on" videos I've seen it is an upgraded version of the Sensation? Plus I would get it purely on the pretense that it would see an upgrade to Icecream sandwhich (seriously hope so anyways) :banana:

BodMaster
10-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks awesome website! Yeh I was actually considering the HTC Sensation before I heard about the Amaze :) from everything I can tell and the "hands on" videos I've seen it is an upgraded version of the Sensation? Plus I would get it purely on the pretense that it would see an upgrade to Icecream sandwhich (seriously hope so anyways) :banana:

Yhh does look like an upgrade again to Sensation! Nice.. my contract runs out end Feb early March (that seems to be a date that all the new phones are released :D so im gona keep my eye out on new releases (performance and specs) and hopefully by that time they work out how to get Honeycomb on phones.. *very very very doubtful* but one can wish ;)

If I was looking to get a new phone it would now be Amaze! Lol my mates just got Sensation *rubb'n it in my face* wait until it comes Feb/March (he had to wait 2 yrs for next upgrade :p) will be weep'n.. much!! Haha :D

Cascade
10-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Just a different side of the criticism for the Iphone 4S. If Apple would have put a new shell on it and called it an iPhone 5 people wouldn't have said anything.

Kahlua
10-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Galaxy S2 looks pretty awesome

Ephemeris
10-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Here's a side-by-side comparison of four higher-end smart phones: Engadget link (http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/iphone-4s-vs-the-smartphone-elite-galaxy-s-ii-bionic-and-tita/). :)

TANKKAAR
10-06-2011, 12:50 PM
If I was looking to get a new phone it would now be Amaze! Lol my mates just got Sensation *rubb'n it in my face* wait until it comes Feb/March (he had to wait 2 yrs for next upgrade :p) will be weep'n.. much!! Haha :D

The amaze is being released oct 12 ;p

Just a different side of the criticism for the Iphone 4S. If Apple would have put a new shell on it and called it an iPhone 5 people wouldn't have said anything.

True story bro...lol

Galaxy S2 looks pretty awesome

Meh..... I here lots of issues?
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?38783-Own-a-Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Read-this!&highlight=Samsung+galaxy
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?38786-Samsung-Galaxy-SII-problem&highlight=Samsung+galaxy
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29007-SGS2-Samsung-Galaxy-S-2-Freeze&highlight=Samsung+galaxy
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37467-android-phones-which-crashes-uppn-playing-pocket-legend.&highlight=Samsung+galaxy

Kahlua
10-06-2011, 01:30 PM
yea but who cares about playing games on it lol...it's probably the best smartphone out to date. Phone functionality > game functionality.

The website that bodmaster posted even shows it, other phones don't compare looking at just the specs. Plus you have 2 tablets! Play on those!