PDA

View Full Version : Undead mages in Maus after latest update

Minisalami
02-17-2017, 02:59 AM
The new "warning" undead mages should have ( not all of them have actually) is useless cause it still gives us no time to react. Keep in mind there is more or less lagging in maus. Th: why is a 4 times chaincurse possible without any warning or any cool down on mages side (a single mage)? Second: Is it possible th with the very latest update u removed that tiny little nerf for mages and they are utterly op again as they where before in the very beginning ?

runagain
02-17-2017, 03:53 AM
It's way better than before..

Epw
02-17-2017, 06:42 AM
Havent got any warning messages before i died suddenly from curse.

zabaletajd
02-17-2017, 07:29 AM
Am i mage and even with gale I die with the curse. Is It a bug ?

emkochiu
02-17-2017, 07:31 AM
Havent got any warning messages before i died suddenly from curse.

No message, just a curse icon like aim icon.

Epw
02-17-2017, 07:43 AM
Uhm havent seen those also 0.0 and i mean not bcuz im blind or something. I simply feel like nothing has changed on my device after the update..

And oh, i thought itll be the same as aim shot warning.
Im disappointed..

Tatman
02-17-2017, 09:34 AM
It barely matters. You still die instantly, if you are close enough to the mage when the "warning" occurs.

Inu
02-17-2017, 10:00 AM
only 1 second warning, no time to get away from the mage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suentous PO
02-17-2017, 08:48 PM
I was hoping that the warning would be more like the red zone in that you could get away, but the thing is that 3/4 of my skills are damage over time which makes that icon worthless nine times out of ten.
imo this curse should never be included on any mobs in the future. It expecially punishes mages as a class probably resulting in more crappy mage builds that try to use shield and heal in misguided attempts to counter this unfare game mechanic.
this post was brought to you by my butthurt kdr.

Babyeterne
02-17-2017, 10:13 PM
Is really useful don't have time to use health (warr) but you can cut the cursed with glowstik,nilbog etc

Sent from my Polaroid PSPC505 using Tapatalk

Kakashis
02-18-2017, 06:20 AM
Is really useful don't have time to use health (warr) but you can cut the cursed with glowstik,nilbog etc

Sent from my Polaroid PSPC505 using Tapatalk

yeah, pretty much if you see the curse sign, you need to react to it and running away isn't enough, you'll still die. Either glowstick or nilbog AA right when you see the curse sign and you'll actually live!

Kingofninjas
02-18-2017, 01:21 PM
The sign is enough for those with good ping and reasonable reaction time to use a preventative glowstick AA and negate its effects.

capeo
02-18-2017, 02:32 PM
React as soon as you see the symbol. If you wait for the warning you're already dead. I agree with op, alot of attacks have damage over time effects for all classes . So running only helps if you haven't hit something yet. In grave yard or m1-2 you can survive curse but after that mages are so strong you need more. Either a pet or skill to protect you. I don't know how curse works, I think you take a certain amount of damage regardless of how much damage you are doing.

Kenzou
02-18-2017, 02:55 PM
The only problem for me is the Icon is too small.
Can't see it when there's a bunch of mobs.

Mess
02-18-2017, 03:20 PM
Since my reaction time is too slow, what the sign means to me is something like "don't even try, you are dead already"

mssweety
02-20-2017, 05:48 AM
agreed the warning for curse doesnt show up always. maybe 1 time out of 4.
fix sts pls!

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

mssweety
02-20-2017, 05:50 AM
Since my reaction time is too slow, what the sign means to me is something like "don't even try, you are dead already"
many ppl have the same probs
and yeah i was saying that to my friends yesterday.. more then a warning the sign is more like a.. ur gona die no matter what lol.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

nightmaresmoke
02-20-2017, 06:35 AM
The problem i saw is that not all undead mages have the curse warning.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"

yubaraj
02-20-2017, 07:53 AM
As a mage I don't see too much problems with these curse mages. I can avoid curse mages using shield or gale . also I keep distance with these mages and stun them when I am vulnerable. Also I don't wait for curse sign to pop up on my head when I see them I just use glow AA or we can use nilbog. 5 seconds is enough to kill those mages.

Anyways I am just saying this with mages perspective I don't know about other class. but these new maps really need a teamwork of all classes. Thank you sts that mages are most have class in this new expansion.

Behoove
02-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Actually i think it has lowered my curse deaths by at least 50%! Sometimes it still hits me but the other times i can run out of range with speed set while spamming pots at that time

Avaree
02-20-2017, 01:00 PM
Timing nilbog's aa and a glowstik's aa in maus parties is very useful. Glow's aa does not stack, so players have to wait 8 seconds to use glow again, the combo of these two aa(s) in party eliminate the issue if there is more than one mage in a cluster of mobs (while waiting for skill and or pets cd). In addition, too clear up some confusion about nilbog's aa pools, players do not thave to stand in nilbog's pools to receive a 5 secs of immunity from curse. I slotted nilbog's aa in my nek's aa.

Nilbog will also free party from cocoons, and the slow effect from the spider webs.

You can always respec your skills to take out effects that cause d.o.t. too.

Ucamaeben
02-20-2017, 06:06 PM
I'm might be a little off. I kinda like the little buggers. We can't run mind numbing maps just tap, tap, tapping through a level. We have to apply some awareness and strategy to get through maus maps unscathed.

They are annoying but I find that the only time I'm taking the "walk of shame" (repsawn run back to party) is when I'm not paying attention or if I'm in a pug with uncooperative members.

There's my 2-3 cents.

-Uca

Suentous PO
02-20-2017, 11:12 PM
agreed the warning for curse doesnt show up always. maybe 1 time out of 4.
fix sts pls!

The problem i saw is that not all undead mages have the curse warning.

I'm experiencing that also. I see 3 mages, np- I charge fb walk forward release- "your hero has fallen bla bla" no icon green ping.

Carapace
02-21-2017, 12:21 PM
I took a quick look and there's no obvious reason why the UI icon should not apply, however I did notice it was targeting as part of the initial appearance of the Icon. That has been changed so that the actually targeting of the ability doesn't happen until after the warning time. This will be in the update this week.

Crystalwiz
02-22-2017, 03:24 PM
This happened to me several times but since I maxed out the gale. However the curse has been rare and before it was frequent.

Carapace
02-22-2017, 05:15 PM
Please have a look at aimed shot skeleton rogue too. It seems to have a similar issue.

The Rogue's Aimshot is by design, when the shot is announced the target can always expect to be taking damage that needs to be dealt with.

Minisalami
03-01-2017, 08:45 AM
Thx Carapace, the improvement helped us alot. But due to that really terrible lagging in maus even with a ping of 150 can you make it 2 secs but1.5 secs with the next update ?

Would be an even bigger help.