PDA

View Full Version : Blackstar PC

Rittik
10-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Saw some fresh vids on You tube abt
The unreleased Blackstar PC game by The Spacetime Studios
It was just freaaaaakkkkiiinnnggg cool man...i want to play it on PC...it looks much better than the Phone version

MY QWESTIONS ARE:-
when are the Devs releasing it?
Why was it unreleased?
Is the project going on?
And if it isnt coming...then why arent the phone MMO graphix are not cool like it?

People its a very important topic to discuss!

Btw...Devs...i LOVE
Your blackstar chronicles...but the graphix should be more develloped...no reason to think i dont like it....!!! :-P

Navygreen
10-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Hey, I heard talk about it working alongside Google Chrome browser. In case someone hasn't heard yet, Google Chrome has added tons of apps (like the android mobile devices) that you can download into Chrome and use. It's really cool how they did it. So apparently STS decided to include this as an app in Chrome. I'm so excited about it. I'm not sure of any other details at the moment other than they're currently working on it.

StompArtist
10-06-2011, 09:57 AM
I hope they find a way to avoid the great BOT wave of 2012.

Cahaun
10-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Sounds Awesome! :D

Navygreen
10-06-2011, 10:02 AM
I hope they find a way to avoid the great BOT wave of 2012.

Well that's the thing about certain games, especially PC games. Haxors.

Anyone ever played Evony? Two co-workers along with myself started on the NA6 server way back when. We began the alliance called BLOODS. Super successful.

Then all of a sudden the game totally changed. We found out about a bot that people are using now that pretty much runs the entire game for you when you're not even online. I'm talkin farming, building troops, attacking, etc etc. It became such a huge problem that the game became unfair. Now it's like, unless you never sleep and are awak 24 hours a day, there's no chance you can ever keep up in that game without using a bot. It's ridiculous.

Some games are just ruined by bots. I sure hope this is something that STS has considered before releasing. Reverse engineering (which is of course illegal in a lot of cases) and other issues will certainly come up.

octavos
10-06-2011, 10:03 AM
take a look that this link :p
http://www.facebook.com/starlegends#!/photo.php?fbid=269733743061494&set=a.214385698596299.58684.211347632233439&type=1&theater

BodMaster
10-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Heard abt Google Chrome and confirmed by IB im more of a FireFox guy but have Chrome as a back up.. is it safe to say the Ping of Death will finally be annihilated! :D

Bots sux! Like Nav said hopefully STS can prevent this or at least catch on real early before to much damage is made but to run this through Chrome mean its still a hand held Mobile MMO, not as if it will be a PC released game asbsuch so Bots etc shouldn't be as easy to create.. maybe wrong on this one.. never used a Bot never would.. gues only time willtell =/

Rittik
10-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Actually i use only Chrome....i have downloaded many apps too...but for me...STS should release a different site for this game or such that we could download it into our PC or else the PING will be high again
It may be wrong thought sorry

Barrington
10-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Saw some fresh vids on You tube abt
The unreleased Blackstar PC game by The Spacetime Studios
It was just freaaaaakkkkiiinnnggg cool man...i want to play it on PC...it looks much better than the Phone version

MY QWESTIONS ARE:-
when are the Devs releasing it?
Why was it unreleased?
Is the project going on?
And if it isnt coming...then why arent the phone MMO graphix are not cool like it?

People its a very important topic to discuss!

Btw...Devs...i LOVE
Your blackstar chronicles...but the graphix should be more develloped...no reason to think i dont like it....!!! :-P

the vid you saw was most likely the development overview i think that was mainly to show what they could do with the spacetime engine (what makes PL and SL run)

Rittik
10-06-2011, 11:30 PM
If they can do all that...why arent they doing all in one go in the Phone MMO???

thewolf
10-07-2011, 10:40 PM
ya on pc

Rittik
10-08-2011, 08:27 AM
ya on pc
Google Chrome version is coming am sure....see the Jetpack Back Vanity which is starting Monday has Chrome symbols on it...so i am pretty sure abt it...it may be on monday only or in the next week :D

Acyer
10-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Actually the videos you saw was the original game that was developed for the PC. But after some problems they decided to put it on the back burner. Now they made Star Legends The mobile version of the game.

IBNobody
10-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Actually the videos you saw was the original game that was developed for the PC. But after some problems they decided to put it on the back burner. Now they made Star Legends The mobile version of the game.

Well... Back Burner isn't a good way of saying it.

Basically, STS was working with ncSoft-Austin on Blackstar and had a game universe created. ncSoft pulled the plug, and that left STS without a product. They scrambled and put PL together. Once PL took off, they were able to revisit the Blackstar universe (somehow), and base a MMO off of it.

BodMaster
10-08-2011, 11:22 AM

Basically, STS was working with ncSoft-Austin on Blackstar and had a game universe created. ncSoft pulled the plug, and that left STS without a product. They scrambled and put PL together. Once PL took off, they were able to revisit the Blackstar universe (somehow), and base a MMO off of it.

Heard quite a bit about this that's why I wasn't crazy shocked when they announced SL BlackStar Chronicles.. didn't know it went down like that though.. oh well sure they are kicking themselves now as PL and SL are worldwide known games.

Rittik
10-08-2011, 10:31 PM

Heard quite a bit about this that's why I wasn't crazy shocked when they announced SL BlackStar Chronicles.. didn't know it went down like that though.. oh well sure they are kicking themselves now as PL and SL are worldwide known games.

Yep if they are not kicking still....they should start kicking now....as the games releasing in Google Chrome now...and more After the release of DARK LEGENDS