PDA

View Full Version : 71Bird

synfullmagic_23110
02-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Hey, making a 71 bird ATM (L69rn), I got phantom and flying, was wondering what should my build be? I wanna be full dex :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groaning
02-20-2017, 01:26 PM
quit bird since it sucks and make a mage :)
I'd say either use 1 break or 9 break, the rest is up to you

Congeniality
02-20-2017, 03:22 PM
I would suggest 9 blast, 8 blind, No break... (ik it sounds weird but trust me), high roots, 4-6 heal (TRUST ME!), 5 avian scream, 9 shatter, rest is up to you :). I like a decent lv repulse but some ppl like it differently. My suggestion is 4-6 repulse.

Hope this helps! If you have questions feel free to hit me up in game @ Walie :)

Groaning
02-20-2017, 03:28 PM
I would suggest 9 blast, 8 blind, No break... (ik it sounds weird but trust me), high roots, 4-6 heal (TRUST ME!), 5 avian scream, 9 shatter, rest is up to you :). I like a decent lv repulse but some ppl like it differently. My suggestion is 4-6 repulse.

Hope this helps! If you have questions feel free to hit me up in game @ Walie :)

wao, heal isnt effective when you get two shot by every class, 9 shatter is just a trashier version of break, 1 break is helpful just for the extra arrow for a bit of damage

Congeniality
02-20-2017, 03:31 PM
wao, heal isnt effective when you get two shot by every class, 9 shatter is just a trashier version of break, 1 break is helpful just for the extra arrow for a bit of damage

For someone who says bird is trash in the first place, you seem to be pretty critical of other people trying to assist others in making their builds. I just gave what worked for me and perhaps it could work for him. Also, break does no additional damage like blind does, it only shreds armor.

Groaning
02-20-2017, 03:52 PM
For someone who says bird is trash in the first place, you seem to be pretty critical of other people trying to assist others in making their builds. I just gave what worked for me and perhaps it could work for him. Also, break does no additional damage like blind does, it only shreds armor.

break does do damage :) try it out
yes, bird is trash but i still play bird

Burningdex
02-21-2017, 12:00 AM
break damage = auto damage.

Ruby!!!
02-21-2017, 02:19 AM
I don't PvP and I am a mage so I am an expert for pvp birds ;)
IMO break has no damage but triggers auto
The bird skills with undocumented damage are shatter and thorn wall

Waug
02-21-2017, 06:13 AM
Break DO DAMAGE.
Just like blind since before blind started to show damage on skill page.

Ruby!!!
02-21-2017, 07:50 AM
Break DO DAMAGE.
Just like blind since before blind started to show damage on skill page.

You are right I just tried it does do damage

Bazinga!
02-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Groaning is right. Birds are trash at this level. Or maybe because the people who knew how to play left. If you dont know what to do with your bird, make it 76. Swift elite set is nice, but beware, there are going to be a lot of 71s complaining about a 5 level advantage when the truth is that they don't know how to play. If you want to dominate a 71 PvP game, make a 76 full dex bear. Depending on the circumstances, you can use either bow or talon set to win every time.

Congeniality
02-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Regardless of whether break procs an additional auto, I do still hold that I do not believe break to be useful at 71. I still urge the original poster to try it if s/he is willing.

Rescind
02-21-2017, 03:51 PM

It may be trashier, but it does provide a damage debuff while lowering armor. I haven't played in months so this might be incorrect

synfullmagic_23110
02-21-2017, 05:27 PM
Maimed bird and never knew break didn't do damage, but I've been trying to play without break and am not used to it on 69;(

Groaning
02-21-2017, 06:56 PM
It may be trashier, but it does provide a damage debuff while lowering armor. I haven't played in months so this might be incorrect

The problem is the 8m range of shatter :/

synfullmagic_23110
02-24-2017, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the builds think I've found one that works for me

Burningdex
02-24-2017, 06:12 PM
but break does do damage..

Congeniality
02-24-2017, 09:12 PM
but break does do damage..

If you use it as the first skill, yes it triggers an auto attack. But, if you do any other skill besides break at the beginning it gives no additional damage or any auto attack reset if that makes sense. It just shreds the armor if it is in mid fight while the auto attack speed is constant regardless of the break cast. That is what I have been avoiding saying because everyone is so up-tight and hostile.

Burningdex
02-24-2017, 10:15 PM
If you use it as the first skill, yes it triggers an auto attack. But, if you do any other skill besides break at the beginning it gives no additional damage or any auto attack reset if that makes sense. It just shreds the armor if it is in mid fight while the auto attack speed is constant regardless of the break cast. That is what I have been avoiding saying because everyone is so up-tight and hostile.

Oh, i had legitimately no idea the mechanics of break worked like that, thanks Walie : )

KingFu
02-24-2017, 10:30 PM

Incorrect. Break deals damage as an independent skill.

Edit:

If you really don't believe me, go into a game and un-equip your weapon, you'll see right away break armor deals independent damage. Or leave your weapon on and and see that two damage variables will display on your target.

Even Physiologic's bird guide (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16244-Comprehensive-Archer-Skills-and-Equipment-Guide) directly points that out:

Break Armor (unlocked at lv 16)

Note that this skill also does damage (not listed in the descriptions) similar to your damage range.

synfullmagic_23110
02-26-2017, 01:20 AM
Yah I always noticed that which is why I always thought break armor did damage as an ability. Thanks

Duckypowerz
03-03-2017, 04:50 PM
You can use my 71 birds(convect) build I find that it works well.
9 blast 5 avian 9 root 9 focus 0 meditation 1 heal 9 evade 1 break 9 shatter 1 repulse 8 blind and 9 wall
I will say though that bird is pretty much useless at 71 now becuase of the dmg nerf they do not do enough dmg to kill hardly anything now. I would also say use fly Talon set and recurve set for pvp.
Hope you find this helpful and can enjoy bird at 71, it was my favorite level and class to pvp at and with but after these past updates I have not felt the same about it. Birds are very very weak there now but still good luck:)