PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Carry Buffs Over, Level-to-Level

Ephemeris
10-06-2011, 12:57 PM
There's probably not much need for explanation here (and this isn't a huge deal regardless of whether or not it makes it in), but I think it would be nice to be able to carry buffs (e.g., Protection, the "hidden" Revive buff, etc.) over which haven't yet expired on to the next level. :)

TANKKAAR
10-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Personally I prefer the way it is now... I could see this being an issue if there were mobs located directly at the spawn site however this isn't the case and the current way allows everyone in group to enjoy a fresh new buff right before starting the run :) idk about you but I prefer a fresh buff over a half used one that may expire right in the middle of the first mob.

Kahlua
10-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Don't you start with all of the skills recharged at the beginning of a level? Just give those buffs a reboot lol

drewcapu
10-06-2011, 02:19 PM
This would probably lead to cool-downs carrying over as well.

Ephemeris
10-06-2011, 05:34 PM
All valid points. :)

I, for one, am guilty of "over-buffing" on occasion; e.g., we're at the tail end of a level (though I'm not actively thinking about it), I see that Protection has expired, so I re-cast it (burning mana). We go on to the next level, the fairly-fresh buffs are gone, but I still lost my mana. You could easily chalk this one down to "operator error," too. :)

I guess another example would be for folks that are farming, say, the first 12 mobs in The Outer Limits for vanities (like I'm doing with one of my alts for data collection purposes). It takes, what, 30 seconds to clear that first part before re-making? With that example, I've lost a minute-and-a-half of my buff with every re-make.

A final example that comes to mind would be for folks that are sitting in town when someone starts randomly casting buffs. I imagine that there could be a few isolated instances where you join a game with no engineer. Wouldn't you rather have a partial buff than no buff?

Edit: I forgot to add that I wouldn't be opposed to the CD carrying-over as well, as they're (generally) fairly quick to expire anyways. I guess my main point is that I would prefer not to have to re-cast them at the start of the next level because: A) it burns mana, and B) I shouldn't have to if they were previously casted. I would, however, re-cast them once they expired. :)