PDA

View Full Version : An upgrade for the female players of the game!

CriostalCamhaoir
10-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Hello All!

I am an avid player in Star Legends and LOVE the fact that there are really female characters that can be played! I do however think that the female gear could use the touch of a female! It would be totally awesome to have armor that was pink colored, not just the name of it pink! Or to have colors that more represent a "girly" side, like more yellow, purples, etc! Also some girlier vanities would be really rocking as well! One vanity that I would purchase in a heart beat would be butterfly wings or even some rocking angel wings! Also I think that the bulkiness needs to be cut back just a bit on the armor for the female characters! I know that in comparison to the male toons that they bulkiness is drastically reduced, but my engi toon's chest is HUGE! And although I know that I am a female and our chests can tend to be huge it makes my toon look goofy because it's not only huge its misshapened! I'm not the only female player out there and hopefully others will add to my suggestions as I would love to see the game to eventually be able to be more personalized! As of right now I like to hang out in what we call our "jammies" or the purple engi gear I bought for 50 plat when I started the game! So, ladies, lets start thinking of ways to make things more feminine! :D

Navygreen
10-06-2011, 01:44 PM
I can actually agree that this could be cool... Why not? I'm a guy but it would be interesting and certainly add some uniqueness to it all. For the female players of course. And some collectors whether they're female or not.

Manx
10-06-2011, 07:10 PM
As a female player myself I would have to agree with Criostal. Having deversity and being able to be told apart from a male toon would be amazing! I know there have been times when I did not know whether or not a toon was male or female because they were wearing a helmet. I personally use the 'hide hat' option so that I can be seen as a female, even when I'm not sporting my cute little kitten ears! ;-) Different colors of armor would also allow players to be more unique or put a spin on their armor giving them their own personality. I have played WoW and Guild Wars in the past and enjoyed being able to color my armor with dyes, maybe this is something that STS could implement!

bronislav84
10-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Made a thread similar to this a while back and got mostly trolls. Justg had to archive it.

TL;DR version of that thread: Female chest pieces make females look male! Seriously. And people thought it was literally about female chest.

The Engineer armor especially makes both genders look like robots now. Level 25 sets were a step in the right direction for girls, but now almost everybody looks like a robot.

Mohamedaden35
10-07-2011, 04:26 PM
I love this idea because girls don't stand up every time I see a girl I think it is a man so I hope sts does something about this

Deathpunch
10-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Hello All!

I am an avid player in Star Legends and LOVE the fact that there are really female characters that can be played! I do however think that the female gear could use the touch of a female! It would be totally awesome to have armor that was pink colored, not just the name of it pink! Or to have colors that more represent a "girly" side, like more yellow, purples, etc! Also some girlier vanities would be really rocking as well! One vanity that I would purchase in a heart beat would be butterfly wings or even some rocking angel wings! Also I think that the bulkiness needs to be cut back just a bit on the armor for the female characters! I know that in comparison to the male toons that they bulkiness is drastically reduced, but my engi toon's chest is HUGE! And although I know that I am a female and our chests can tend to be huge it makes my toon look goofy because it's not only huge its misshapened! I'm not the only female player out there and hopefully others will add to my suggestions as I would love to see the game to eventually be able to be more personalized! As of right now I like to hang out in what we call our "jammies" or the purple engi gear I bought for 50 plat when I started the game! So, ladies, lets start thinking of ways to make things more feminine! :D

Topheavy engi is topheavy! Lol, even though I'm a guy, I got a few female toons that I wouldn't mind this for. With that said, I don't think ill be using butterfly wings.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

Phoenixking
10-07-2011, 07:39 PM
What if its a guy using a female char O.o i know a friend whos name shall not be said (no not valdimore)

CriostalCamhaoir
10-08-2011, 06:16 PM
I don't think it matters if it's a guy using a female toon. If that's what they chose to play then that's what they chose to play! I think that since the characters a different sexes I think they should be able to be told apart. If you don't like the color pink as a guy, maybe you should play a male toon ;-) And I'm not saying that all female's have to have butterfly wings, I am saying as a more girly vanity item that could be available! I suggested to Flip the other day in Blackstar and he suggested that I post a suggestion thread, so I did so! :D

BodMaster
10-08-2011, 09:53 PM
I can actually agree that this could be cool... Why not? I'm a guy but it would be interesting and certainly add some uniqueness to it all. For the female players of course. And some collectors whether they're female or not.

Agree.. :D

And totally of subject..... Congrats buddy!! Only just seen this! xD

pigeon
10-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Great suggestion! I hope this thread gets the attention it deserves.:)

Sassinya
10-09-2011, 06:03 PM
The attention my female avatars receive from the less mature males is enough. I rather like that fully armored I'm indistinguishable from males, really it does cut down on the "will you be my GF" comments or the random "hottie" my little commando gets.

But I support diversity as well, I know if I wanted to be flirt free I can always make a male.

Yes, seems I'm playing the fence here, so my vote would go for choices :-)

Growwle
10-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Hello All!

I don't know about pink armor, male or female, you are supposed to be a paramilitary mercenary. Since our characters are basically stick figures, putting any chest on then makes them look topheavy. You have to make the females discernible from the males when they are in armor though, or I guess it does not matter since they are kill aliens and robots, not going on a date. That is just my two cents worth.

CriostalCamhaoir
10-09-2011, 06:11 PM
I get and I understand that we are killing aliens and that we are part of a "military" persay, but I just think that it would be really cool if STS was one of the first games that gave us female gamers the ability to distinguish ourselves from the males. I've been a gamer my entire life and any time it comes to killing anything it's more geared to the males of our race then the females. I have even complained that COD doesn't have a female character to play, but that's a different game different developer. It doesn't have to be pink colored armor. Make us female Engi's have orange armor instead of the same pukey green colored armor, and being able to have girly vanities would be nice, so that if a girl wants to have a girly item on she has the option to!

Navygreen
10-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Agree.. :D

And totally of subject..... Congrats buddy!! Only just seen this! xD

Thank you! :D

As far as guys using female characters, I wouldn't worry about it. Some of the best characters to play in games over the years are female characters. It's got nothing to do with being a man or woman in real life. If you want to play the character, by all means. It's there for everyone. If someone just HAS to know, they can ask you. Male? Female? I have nothing against that.

bronislav84
10-10-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm just hoping if this gets implemented that they also make unique gear for the genders. Male and female look identical in most level brackets except for size. That is to say, females look like smaller males.

starsavior
10-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Lol when i see another commando who's using a fully custom meganaut set the only way I can tell if their character is a girl is by checking the legs.