View Full Version : How to survive Curse?

Azerothraven
02-22-2017, 11:44 AM
The title is pretty much self explanatory. I am a rogue and end up pulling mobs at maus most of the time cuz of all these nab war (my bad luck). My stat is: 6.5k health, 2k dps, 3.5k armour, 65% dodge ad 52% crit and 2.2k mana if this helps.

TY.

Mess
02-22-2017, 11:47 AM
Don't tank and if you get the warning, just run the opposite way. Works with me atleast

Sakurahb
02-22-2017, 12:24 PM
Well as a rogue you can't really tank like a warrior, so it's best to wait for mage to hit the group of mobs with fb or war to go in first , if you want big pulls make sure your PT is capable of surviving, you might think you can but usually most randoms can't.
And the ways to survive or prevent curse are :

-Keep the mage stunned and always kill it first.
-Have a good timing to use Glowstick or Nilbog.
-And last one but not very nice is to let someone die first lol, usually the mage won't curse again for a while and you will have time to kill it .

Sent from my GT-I8200L using Tapatalk

Loveshot
02-22-2017, 07:53 PM
*In Maus 1-4 a rogue *should be able to 1-2 combo (charged aim->pierce->nox bolt while flying through the air) a mage before it can cast curse. Personally, if I see a curse mage out in front (or close to the front of the pack) I'll run ahead of the party and kill it before the pull even starts then run away towards pt lol. If it is in the middle of the pack there will usually be an opening at some point where the mage gets separated and can be pew pew'd. If the mage gets lost in a large pack... good luck!
*For M5-6 I use a combination of Drag Dags and Slink AA to keep mobs under control (another rogue with drag dags or a good mage also helps a ton)
*This takes a bit of trust and experience, but if there are two rogues running in a deeper level and they see a curse mage in the distance: one rogue should start his/her combo and halfway through it the second rogue should follow up with theirs. Normally this takes care of the mage with no threat of being cursed, and if it doesn't then the first rogue's skills should be coming off CD.

-Saiyan-

Plqgue
02-22-2017, 08:17 PM
Like saiyan said wait for mage to stun or combo it first
One combo and a aim or nox is enough to kill any mage

Abuze
02-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Well as a rogue you can't really tank like a warrior, so it's best to wait for mage to hit the group of mobs with fb or war to go in first , if you want big pulls make sure your PT is capable of surviving, you might think you can but usually most randoms can't.
And the ways to survive or prevent curse are :

-Keep the mage stunned and always kill it first.
-Have a good timing to use Glowstick or Nilbog.
-And last one but not very nice is to let someone die first lol, usually the mage won't curse again for a while and you will have time to kill it .

Sent from my GT-I8200L using Tapatalk

I see you use me as bait when we run eh? ;-;

Sakurahb
02-22-2017, 08:35 PM
I see you use me as bait when we run eh? ;-;
Lmao..

I shouldn't have made that post!

Hmm I just said that as a joke...you know I try to tank too [emoji23] [emoji23]

*crosses fingers hoping he accept my excuse *

Ardbeg
02-23-2017, 12:27 AM
This is obvious to PVP players, but some PVE players might be unaware: Remove Damage Over Time Effects from your skills like the Damage upgrade for Skyward Smash, so you can survive once you are coursed and notice that in time.

runagain
02-23-2017, 01:32 AM
The title is pretty much self explanatory. I am a rogue and end up pulling mobs at maus most of the time cuz of all these nab war (my bad luck). My stat is: 6.5k health, 2k dps, 3.5k armour, 65% dodge ad 52% crit and 2.2k mana if this helps.

TY.
Just stun, for PvE it doesn't matter if u use damage overtime attacks, whatever u do you'll die anyway.. so.

Just stun the mobs or get a precise glowstick timing or nilbog timing...

For PvP.. remove damage overtime attacks, as far as I know Skyward Smash doesn't do lots of damage, but when u are using axe mastery, nox or any mage attack (which applies DoT) you'll die quickly nor you can stop it ...

It's just stun or use nilbog/glowstick to avoid it.

shadowronn
02-23-2017, 07:14 AM
even kris and kringle.

Loot
02-23-2017, 11:56 AM
I always get curse message LATE E.E

ThaAnas
02-23-2017, 12:21 PM
here some usefull advise for you.
1. dont rush to mages
2. dont pierce them.
3. use nilbog right after u pulled
4. use arcane drag dagger > proc

well, you shouldnt die now that often if u do everything on this list

Loot
02-23-2017, 12:24 PM
Drag blades for pve are good. Possibility of it increasing more?

Eriel Delgado
02-24-2017, 01:04 AM
Curse is shared with pt, so let's say if warrior gets curse and rouge aim shots mage , warrior will die. Best thing is to not attack until curse repels. It only last 5 secs. Took me a lot of tries to figure it out but when I did a solo run in graveyard I notice curses did nothing as long I was just standing still. Now what does hurt is their frost bolt. If caught off guard damage over time can be insane.