PDA

View Full Version : About the bracket change

Bazinga!
02-23-2017, 12:23 AM
So at first I thought this wouldn't work out, but it seems to be fixing a lot of problems, and I'm completely fine with it. There's something I've been meaning to suggest, but somehow half of my posts don't get posted after being "checked by a moderator". Maybe because I spent such a long time writing it, or the post is too long; so any way, I'll make this as short as possible.

Raise the skill cap:
Current skill cap is 9. So we need 108 points totally to max every skill out, and at level 85, we have 84 skill points. We can max out 9 skills, and spend the rest of the three points on three other skills. And I'm assuming, just for the sake of simplicity, that each class has 3 skills which are the obvious choice to leave out. So basically you have 81 skill point to spend on 81 skill points. Only one build.

I suggest raising the skill cap to 12 because that way you'd have to give up points in some skills to max out other skills. This way you actually have to make a choice on which skill to give up. This will bring different types of each class. For e.g. mage: Nuke mage, defense mage, debuff mage, ctf mage... etc.

I think this 12 skill cap should be implemented from 71, and the 9 skill cap from 51. Because again, the choices with a 6 skill cap narrow down as you get to 66, and at 61, there's literally only one way you can distribute your skills so that it makes sense.

This is an appropriate step at this point of time because the PvP game bracket has been narrowed down to (basically) one level, and there's just not enough diversity; that's what we're aiming for - diversity.

I want discuss another phenomenon that I thought of. So what if people actually level up twice to get a skill/gear advantage over regular levels? Then enough people would level up twice to make that level popular. Then the process starts again. If that keeps going, twink levels could theoretically die out. What are your thoughts?