PDA

View Full Version : Cinco

Etarbitrev
02-25-2017, 08:55 AM
Not going into much depth, just thought I'd throw my observations of low level pvp lvl13-17 mainly. Bears stomp seems very very powerful in comparison to its counterparts. Wont go into details but is it right that a bear can 2 shot with minimal effort while a mage has to bust his balls with the POSSIBILITY of the bear not dodging fire/frost or him not missing a fire frost to get a kill.
The odds just seem highly stacked against mages atm & bear vs bear fights is primarily luck, would there be anyway to increase the stun/debuff chance on bear stomp but reduce the dmg? That would encourage different playstyle in bear vs bear, it also changes the harsh playstyle other chars have to play vs with little consistancy due to dodge/miss chance. That was approach 1, approach 2 would be toning down crits in general cus low level has become VERY crit oriented - artisan leather is now obsolete as its more valuable to have the crit + we now have the 3pc rings that provide the necessary hit%.

For what it's worth, I think a better result would come from approach 2.

Thanks @Cinco

Congeniality
02-25-2017, 10:50 AM
Cinco has said repeatedly that he does not balance the game around lower lv PvP. He even made a lv exclusive town to encourage people to level. I am sorry but there will likely be little to nothing done for twink PvP as Cinco has said continuously. That being said, I can't speak for him and perhaps he can change his mind.

Waug
02-25-2017, 11:38 AM
Cinco has said repeatedly that he does not balance the game around lower lv PvP. He even made a lv exclusive town to encourage people to level. I am sorry but there will likely be little to nothing done for twink PvP as Cinco has said continuously. That being said, I can't speak for him and perhaps he can change his mind.

Not entirely true, several steps have been taken for lower lvl pvp, although endgame got the highest priority and will have the same.

Original post actually gave me an idea of a thread, and that deserve a new thread, I'll make that.

Bazinga!
02-25-2017, 12:02 PM
Cinco should just increase the skill level cap already.

Also, the problem with twink levels is that they're never really balanced until you unlock all skills and have a significant number of skill points to distribute to different skills. I don't twink but my best guess would be that twink levels were popular but never really balanced, i.e. one class would dominate at each level because the available skills would favour their victory.

This is one of the reasons I liked 51. Enough points to make your own build. Winning depended on skill more than anything else. And there was variety. Too bad it was one of the first to die.

Eagleye
02-25-2017, 12:07 PM
Not going into much depth, just thought I'd throw my observations of low level pvp lvl13-17 mainly. Bears stomp seems very very powerful in comparison to its counterparts. Wont go into details but is it right that a bear can 2 shot with minimal effort while a mage has to bust his balls with the POSSIBILITY of the bear not dodging fire/frost or him not missing a fire frost to get a kill.
The odds just seem highly stacked against mages atm & bear vs bear fights is primarily luck, would there be anyway to increase the stun/debuff chance on bear stomp but reduce the dmg? That would encourage different playstyle in bear vs bear, it also changes the harsh playstyle other chars have to play vs with little consistancy due to dodge/miss chance. That was approach 1, approach 2 would be toning down crits in general cus low level has become VERY crit oriented - artisan leather is now obsolete as its more valuable to have the crit + we now have the 3pc rings that provide the necessary hit%.

For what it's worth, I think a better result would come from approach 2.

Thanks @Cinco

If they are gonna tone down stomp they should tone down mages fire as well. I find it equally as op at that bracket and most of the mages I've seen the past 2 days were all using high fire builds and easily kiting and killing bears that didn't have xbows.

Etarbitrev
02-26-2017, 10:05 AM
I dont think the stomp/fire situation is the problem and think it's the fact thats crits are now broken. The fact any character is 2 shottable by stomp + auto or even sms + auto is just plain wrong. - that is down to rage buff + crit dmg.

JTZ
02-26-2017, 11:26 AM
Harvey come try 22 mage where you get killed before ms even comes up.

Etarbitrev
02-26-2017, 11:32 AM
Sounds like old 22 mage

JTZ
02-26-2017, 11:55 AM
Except every bear uses 6 beckon/stomp or taunt.

Communion
03-18-2017, 10:26 AM
Wasn't it 1 beckon before??