PDA

View Full Version : Cooperative door opening and making it faster in general

Hullukko
10-07-2011, 02:05 AM
1) How about making the door opening (and general "using") a little more like damage so that two or more players could do it faster together?

1b) If not, just take off the blue screen (at least in higher up levels) to make it something like the key picking from containers. It's terrible to get the blue window that needs to be acknowledged in a flaming hurry when enemies are right there.

And to those thinking that "well, don't go opening when someone already is. It just doesn't work that way. Due to network latency (mine and others) it often appears to me as if I'm the first on to start opening with a clear margin but I still get the damn pop-up in my face.

2) How about making it simply a notch faster for more experienced players?

The wait is only seconds, but seems pointless. Especially the engineer doors in the wasted and commercial filming are both in such locations that it's ridiculous that an engineer should idle back and avoid aggro just to get to open the door and make the run fluent. ((and the 20something engineers too seldom understand that it might their job to open the doors because it's not like they'd get the aggro from a damage elixired damage optimized 31 even if their life depended on it))

3) And while I'm at it, I find it odd that there's virtually no dev/q&a/pr commentary here in these threads nor in bugs section. The old adage "the dev team cares" seems to take place from a distance a little farther than one might expect.

bronislav84
10-07-2011, 03:46 PM
That window is definitely ANNOYING. I don't even try the class doors anymore unless I'm the only one of that class because of it. They should just have the error messages come up as floating text and in the chat.

Gazroast
10-07-2011, 04:25 PM
I hate that window!!!!

O-M-F-G!!

Samhayne
10-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Can you elaborate about the issue? I don't really follow.

BodMaster
10-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Can you elaborate about the issue? I don't really follow.

Pretty much he means when a certain class door needs to be opened e.g.

Engi fixing the control panel, Op hacking into the control panel etc.. if two players of the same class try to open it at the same time say.. Engi that got there first it would bring up the bar and then when it filled the door would open.

However the Engi that got there second it would bring up same bar.. when filled though it would come up with a blue screen informing you that it had already been openers while this is happening and you are trying to press to get the blue screen off you are getting attacked by what ever was behind that door.

This can be annoying but I have gotten use to leaving it if I do see a player there before me.. if not then I deal with it.

Bron's idea was helpful if a message just popped up on chat like it does when a key or such has already been taken/used.

Nightarcher
10-07-2011, 06:47 PM
If two people walk up to a door requiring a keycard, the person who gets there first and whose bar is completed before the other will open the door like normal.

The second person will be in the middle of opening it when the first person finishes. Therefore when the 2nd (and possibly 3rd, 4th, and 5th) person finishes opening it, and because it's already open, they will receive this full-screen message:

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/michaelsaysmoo/7e255278.jpg

It's annoying because it obstructs the entire screen; and this doesn't happen when more than one person opens a crate simultaneously. Hope this helps. :)

bronislav84
10-07-2011, 07:40 PM
It takes a couple seconds to move the finger to the Ok button. By that time you could be dead. Please, either it should be a screen/text notice, or just outright not allow a second person to interact with class-specific consoles with a progress bar. The same thing also appears when you aren't the tight class. What if somebody agros a group while you're checking what class is needed for the nearby door? Could end up dead.

There's also some places in the game that give full screen error notices requiring a confirmation that aren't class specific doors.

Therefore I propose any door consoles that have the potential to display a full screen error message needing a confirmation be changed to a quick on-screen and/or chat box notice.

"Door already open" or " X class might be able to repair/hack/break this door" flashes on the screen for a second or two, like usual notices have been seeing.

Who agrees? :)

kateku
10-08-2011, 01:37 AM
Please take away the pop up message as it really obstruct the play. =)

BodMaster
10-08-2011, 06:57 AM
If two people walk up to a door requiring a keycard, the person who gets there first and whose bar is completed before the other will open the door like normal.

The second person will be in the middle of opening it when the first person finishes. Therefore when the 2nd (and possibly 3rd, 4th, and 5th) person finishes opening it, and because it's already open, they will receive this full-screen message:

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/michaelsaysmoo/7e255278.jpg

It's annoying because it obstructs the entire screen; and this doesn't happen when more than one person opens a crate simultaneously. Hope this helps. :)

Beat me it.. though you just described exactly what I said above with a screenie :p

Rofl at the caption above tho.. 'exactly born n bred to be a baboon star legend' ha ;)

Fac3bon3s
10-08-2011, 09:42 AM
I had been meaning to address this issue for a while but kept forgetting. It's not just class doors either. It's key card access panels and explosive cachets. Maybe not explosives, but I know for sure the key card access panels pop up that same message.

Samhayne
10-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I'll forward it along to the team to look into making it not so obtrusive.

CanonicalKoi
10-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Just a message floating in the middle of or at the top of the screen like the room in Asteroid where it does the countdown ("30 seconds to...." "1 second and have a nice day"). You could still see what's going on and it would go away on it's own after a brief time rather than requiring an action to close it. It's really annoying on my iPad because if you click anywhere near the door controls, the "The blast door is already open" message pops up and has to be closed.

flashbackflip
10-09-2011, 07:05 AM
this is annoing even on ipad