PDA

View Full Version : Is the called scaming?

largecommand
10-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Allright I was I'n belfort minding my own business when I c a bird selling a sential shotgun for 200k. So I told him I'll buy for 180k, and he said ok and sold me it. Later I put it up I'n Cs for 250k because I was the only one selling one, and apparently he sees it and demands another 20k because I "scamed him" I said I did pay you right? And he said Idc u scammer and said he ganna report me. And i said too late u shouldve asked for more money before he confirmed it TWICE I'n trade screen. And that's not even lowballing him. I did pay him a reasonable price right? Cause shotgun usually goes for 200-300k. This JUST happened with Dribat who was selling Oynx Staff, we agreed on a price at 13.5k cause I saw that same staff for 19k the other day, and he sold me it and I auctioned it for 19800 I'n cs, well I guess he saw it too and demanded a another 5k to match my cs price, I denyed him and he called me a scammer and reported me. Idk is this scamming?

Walkhardd
10-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Not scamming..and if it is...I'm very guilty lol

pastrychef
10-07-2011, 09:17 AM
That's not scamming. They are just foolish.

Navygreen
10-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Not a scam don't sweat it. Enjoy your sentinel! :)

Barrington
10-07-2011, 09:30 AM
its not a scam its called business

thewolf
10-07-2011, 09:34 AM
No scamming

TANKKAAR
10-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I was told once by a dev in an email:

"I thought you might also like to know, someone reported you yesterday for: "buying an item from someone and then selling it for more money." I found that funny."

I know that we aren't suppose to share conversations between us and the devs however considering this is a 100% ambiguous comment and it doesn't disclose what the actual issue was in regards to our even who sent the message I decided it was harmless.

Just goes to sho you that the Devs although take their job seriously they still have a sense of humor. But more importantantly don't go around banning people just because they were reported..lol... if these statements you make are true then I ould say you have nothing to worry about :)

JaytB
10-07-2011, 09:58 AM
You made an offer, he accepted. If it's anyone's fault it's the sellers' for not checking prices first.

I wouldn't worry about it :)

Nick41324
10-07-2011, 10:27 AM
When people say you 'scammed' them... Just click the ignore button, because they are most likely trying to scam you.

I had a player once come up to me and say I scammed him of the EXACT peppermint, so I took it off and put a snowball on (o wait.... It gets funnier!) so he said I scammed him of the snowball also! That player told me if I gave him the things back he wouldn't report me and he would give me a cheat code for 900k.
When people say they will give u a cheat for 900k if you give them you item... Why don't they use that cheat go buy your item in cs? Gotta find kids funny!

StompArtist
10-07-2011, 10:29 AM
If that is a scam then we need to stop all trading between players. LOL

xbabybugszx
10-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Not a scam. I bought a vyx helm for 150k and sold 300k. Its bussiness :)

Barrington
10-07-2011, 10:35 AM
cost to make a pair of shoes : around 30c
cost to buy a pair of shoes : around $50

dont feel bad, big companies do stuff like this every day

thequickone
10-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Certainly not a scam. If you had bought it for more, your resale margin may have been lower. If the resale margin was too low, you may not have bought in the first place. If course, I have assumed two things, both of with are likely incorrect: 1) that you would be able to explain this very simple and fundamental business practice using in-game chat, and 2) that the individual in question would have understood even if you tried! Don't second-guess yourself! ;)

PatsoeGamer
10-07-2011, 12:15 PM
No scam +1 kudos and excellent merching, well done!

Pakax
10-07-2011, 12:39 PM
No scam +1 kudos and excellent merching, well done!

Exactly

csb
10-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Of course, if it's a *good* friend who sells you the item and you go flipping it not 5 minutes later, that's a different story with different issues.

Yes, don't sell items gifted or discounted from friends.

Otherwise, resell whatever you find that is cheap. Someone selling an item cheap wants to guarantee they get the sale. Someone that buys it and resells the item in cs is taking a chance, and it may not sell. It may have to get re-listed a little cheaper. Sometimes I list an item 4 times before it sells, meaning i had to pay the listing fee 4 times. This is the risk and cost of doing business. The other low-ball seller didn't take a risk. Since you take a risk, you deserve some profit from selling that item at a higher price.

Driazsomethingiforgot
10-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Not a scam, its called merching and all the merchs do it.

largecommand
10-07-2011, 02:20 PM
lol k cauase ive been.doing this for.months.....first time people clled me a scamer

largecommand
10-07-2011, 02:22 PM
thnz forthe feedback

csb
10-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Now that I think about it, the scam is for someone to sell an item, wait for it to be listed at a higher price, and then demand the difference. Maybe, hoping to use some extortion like trying to tarnishing your reputation. So, actually, the other guy is the scammer.