PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.3 Content Update (71017)

asommers
10-07-2011, 03:33 PM
New vanity helmet available for sale in the Platinum store: "Omnipotent Crown of Dreams!"
Para Aramid Leather Fiber is now tradable and stashable.
You can no longer join friends in the tutorial.

JaytB
10-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Oooh, new vanity! Nice!

okakabarah
10-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Cool, will it make set with shield of hallows?

Thx for your work!!

AdinoEznite
10-07-2011, 03:35 PM
New vanity helmet available for sale in the Platinum store: "Omnipotent Crown of Dreams!"

time to go check it out!

*edit

wait....am i seeing this right?
500 plat

holy moleys what does this vanity do?

FluffNStuff
10-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Please confirm that the 500 (Yes Five Hundred) Plat is the correct cost for the new helm.

JaytB
10-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Does it have any stats that vanity? Or is it only the price and therefore uniqueness that makes it special?

nazgulking
10-07-2011, 03:42 PM
The vanity is too costy O_O

arischal
10-07-2011, 03:52 PM

time to go check it out!

*edit

wait....am i seeing this right?
500 plat

holy moleys what does this vanity do?

Permanent 2x combo???? Pls

Doubletime
10-07-2011, 03:52 PM
I hate to say that this isn't really a good vanity. But 500 plat for a helm that breaks up the vanity set bonus -- and did I mention the 500 plat.

Samhayne
10-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Please confirm that the 500 (Yes Five Hundred) Plat is the correct cost for the new helm.

It is correct, the Omnipotent Crown of Dreams is 500 Platinum. It is, in our opinion, very cool looking. We are making it available to those who wish to purchase something that very few other players have (because of the price). We know the item may not be interesting to everyone, but it is there as an option if you want it.

Flickz
10-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Will the next update include mt fang or a halloween campaign?

Yvonnel
10-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Holy Smokes! I don't know about this one......

For the first time, I'm just......HUH?

Ok, lol I'm debating buying more plat!

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

DJMdivine
10-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Will this item be available forever in the plat. store?

Whirlzap
10-07-2011, 04:19 PM
I know where this is going...

OMG OMNIPOTENT gives Insane PVP Bonus!

Guys, check out that help, its givng a 70 armor bonus and 10% dodge, with 12 crit and 100 dps!
I cant believe it and i thought it was nothing for 500 plat!

^now that would be stupid.

Flickz
10-07-2011, 04:29 PM

Lmao

Elixir_Withdrawal
10-07-2011, 05:12 PM
no pixel is worth that much srry, only ones who will buy it are 10 year olds with access to a credit cards lmao....500plat! was that like $50? Time to get nba 2k11 =p

octavos
10-07-2011, 05:28 PM
It is correct, the Omnipotent Crown of Dreams is 500 Platinum. It is, in our opinion, very cool looking. We are making it available to those who wish to purchase something that very few other players have (because of the price). We know the item may not be interesting to everyone, but it is there as an option if you want it.

I got it...and yes looks sweet...i buy my vanity (with plat/ easier for me (Deal of the day is a god send!!!) to buy)....because....its a vanity, you dont have to buy it.... now if I can glow with this hat on (golden flames)....sweet lol
I love the idea of only certin people can afford this item...time to work on lots of tapjoy to re-cope my spending lol jk

Make it a limited item (or raise the price again lol)....like founders helm and other limited vanity to seal the deal....but yes this is only my opinion lol :p

Elf-Orc-Naga
10-07-2011, 06:22 PM

nice VH! :) wooooot!

Eyesharp
10-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Aw c'mon lower it to 10 PLEASE SOME PEOPLE CAN'T GET THAT MUCH :(

Flickz
10-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Will my question go unanswered?

Elf-Orc-Naga
10-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Sorry for another suggestion... Can we scatter all crafting items to all level maps or map that not popular to plAy. The lower level map is the lower drop rate. What do you think?
This will also inspire newbie if they see lots of player transforming to glyphism! :)

ExperimentNebulaCore
10-07-2011, 06:53 PM

Guys, check out that help, its givng a 70 armor bonus and 10% dodge, with 12 crit and 100 dps!

OMG IMA GO BUY IT. :p

Elf-Orc-Naga
10-07-2011, 07:45 PM

OMG IMA GO BUY IT. :p

Lol no truth!

Phoenixking
10-07-2011, 07:54 PM
He was flacka flaming :P it was a joke

Darkfader
10-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Just saw this vanity in my friends head and got to say it look BEAST. Its very unique and worth of every penny.

elianel
10-07-2011, 09:34 PM
yes i go to buy no now but later :banana:

SuperNas
10-07-2011, 09:41 PM
I buy plats often not in bulk either so your getting money out of me, I don't mind I love sl but seriously
Yeah right dude you'll never caught me buying that vanity..

Springlol
10-07-2011, 11:40 PM
no pixel is worth that much srry, only ones who will buy it are 10 year olds with access to a credit cards lmao....500plat! was that like $50? Time to get nba 2k11 =p

If you have cash to burn why not? If none then suck it up.

Bitterness kills. Dont have to buy if you don't have it rather than discouraging others not to get it.

Great helm btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaytB
10-08-2011, 06:03 AM
I have a suggestion about this new vanity.

How about it acts like a COP, but ONLY if you already have a vanity COP? This way, equipping this vanity will not make you loose the vanity set bonus (COP+shield of hallows). I mean, if I'm spending 500plat on a vanity item, I'd like it to keep my stats at least the same as with my vanity 'set'.

As it stands now, it's just a vanity you can basically only wears in towns, cause wearing it in a dungeon would actually lower your stats.

Heroelite
10-08-2011, 07:29 AM
I have a suggestion about this new vanity.

How about it acts like a COP, but ONLY if you already have a vanity COP? This way, equipping this vanity will not make you loose the vanity set bonus (COP+shield of hallows). I mean, if I'm spending 500plat on a vanity item, I'd like it to keep my stats at least the same as with my vanity 'set'.

As it stands now, it's just a vanity you can basically only wears in towns, cause wearing it in a dungeon would actually lower your stats.
Yeah seems like a good idea :)

Gluttony
10-08-2011, 08:00 AM

I see what you did there, but isn't the point of this new vanity to be a status symbol? It increases one's swag just by putting it on, so I don't see how adding stats or making it a CoP replacement is going to promote cohesion in the community. As it stands players have the stance of "it doesn't offer any stats, so why you mad," once stats get added those players will jump on the wambulance. I understand wanting to get more bang for your buck but as Samhayne said:

In closing, it is very cool looking and STS wants what they are due for the best looking vanity item to date. This does set precedence though and if STS released another "very cool looking" item the price tag will reflect that thought, maybe a shield this time and you can complete your ridiculously overpriced for lulz set or ROFL.

JaytB
10-08-2011, 09:27 AM
I see what you did there, but isn't the point of this new vanity to be a status symbol? It increases one's swag just by putting it on, so I don't see how adding stats or making it a CoP replacement is going to promote cohesion in the community. As it stands players have the stance of "it doesn't offer any stats, so why you mad," once stats get added those players will jump on the wambulance. I understand wanting to get more bang for your buck but as Samhayne said:

In closing, it is very cool looking and STS wants what they are due for the best looking vanity item to date. This does set precedence though and if STS released another "very cool looking" item the price tag will reflect that thought, maybe a shield this time and you can complete your ridiculously overpriced for lulz set or ROFL.

I understand what you're saying and agree with most of it too, only question I have is: how would this devide the community? I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, I'm just saying that I honestly don't see the harm in this. It's not like it gets any stats added or anything. You'll still need to have both cop and vanity shield. The only difference is that you can wear it over another vanity. To me, that might actually be a good thing for STS, as it differentiates the vanity a little from regular vanities. And basically you gain nothing, but looks, as was the original intention as you so well quoted. I don't see how anybody would complain, since there are no stats increases by either owning this item or not.

So please explain me if I'm looking at this in the right way or not :)

Gluttony
10-08-2011, 09:44 AM
I understand what you're saying and agree with most of it too, only question I have is: how would this devide the community? I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, I'm just saying that I honestly don't see the harm in this. It's not like it gets any stats added or anything. You'll still need to have both cop and vanity shield. The only difference is that you can wear it over another vanity. To me, that might actually be a good thing for STS, as it differentiates the vanity a little from regular vanities. And basically you gain nothing, but looks, as was the original intention as you so well quoted. I don't see how anybody would complain, since there are no stats increases by either owning this item or not.

As it stands now it doesn't add anything and most players will only wear in town (or be forced to forfeit stats if they're 61), but you're asking it to be able to over right the CoP which essentially imbues it with stats by proxy. It would basically become a placeholder, not to mention the coding to make it so that the player would need to have the CoP in inventory could be a nightmare. My main point is that most players are bordering on outrage but the fact that it doesn't do anything but look cool is what is keeping players from a full onset of Tourette syndrome.

JaytB
10-08-2011, 10:00 AM
As it stands now it doesn't add anything and most players will only wear in town (or be forced to forfeit stats if they're 61), but you're asking it to be able to over right the CoP which essentially imbues it with stats by proxy. It would basically become a placeholder, not to mention the coding to make it so that the player would need to have the CoP in inventory could be a nightmare. My main point is that most players are bordering on outrage but the fact that it doesn't do anything but look cool is what is keeping players from a full onset of Tourette syndrome.

'Stats by proxy' is just a bit far fetched IMO. By itself, it would add 0 stats to anything.
But you are right, people would probably find a way to flame about it. But that happens with every change IMO. And on top of that, even without adding any stats, people are already discussing heavily about it. You should know, because I've read several posts from you about that :p

As for the coding, I agree, it could be hard but since I'm no programmer, I can't comment on that. I just think it would give this cool vanity item much more visibility, since it would be used in PvP/PvE too. And, as said, there would be absolutely no difference stats wise.

Swimmingstar
10-08-2011, 10:50 AM
You could join friends in tutorials? I thought they were locked.

Gluttony
10-08-2011, 11:10 AM
You could join friends in tutorials? I thought they were locked.

It was allowed after a patch I cannot specify when, but you could join a level one friend in the tutorial.

AdinoEznite
10-08-2011, 02:11 PM
It was allowed after a patch I cannot specify when, but you could join a level one friend in the tutorial.
i never did it but i dont understand the problem with that...
im hoping STS hasnt forgotten that they still havent fixed dual spec as promised

Redbridge
10-08-2011, 04:37 PM

500 Plat? Is this for real?

Am I missing something here? 500 Plat for a vanity helm that offers nothing but looks? Please someone clarify if there are any benefits (besides the looks).

JaytB
10-08-2011, 05:16 PM
500 Plat? Is this for real?

Am I missing something here? 500 Plat for a vanity helm that offers nothing but looks? Please someone clarify if there are any benefits (besides the looks).

No benefits, just looks :)