PDA

View Full Version : Would you spend 445$ for 2K PLAT?

Waug
03-06-2017, 09:05 AM
Different Countries have Different PPP (Purchasing power parity) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purchasing_power_parity)

For this reason [In the very simplified term : Economic differences] in the different countries plat price varies according to that, and some countries it literally pretty high. [Note PPP is not currency conversion rate]

For example USA vs India PPP is nearly 17 [2015] Source [check country wise ppp] : http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/PA.NUS.PPP
It's just for rough estimate. If we multiply just by 5 [not by 17] 445$ [not as dollar, just for a concept] for 2k plat :) such high price would not let the game flourish in those countries for premium players [potential plat buyers]

It's not a new concept at all that game price/IAP rates varies and different countries get that at discounted prices. I'd provide some steam game data for this but to show different prices for different region, mods may not feel good about another game is being promoted :p and it's not about PC/console many many android games do this as I noticed.

As said, if it's looks hard to implement in PL, STS should consider this to implement in the newer/upcoming games :)

Kurvy
03-06-2017, 09:21 AM
You're giving STS ideas bro...

Waug
03-06-2017, 09:33 AM
You're giving STS ideas bro...

I care for STS, PL and community but they don't care about my caring. Joking :)

tasakli
03-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Can you really not realize that those people who have 17x less ppp dont care about videogames?

Shinepin
03-06-2017, 11:30 AM
stop giving them ideas, they will make 2k plat more than 1k$ worth

Waug
03-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Can you really not realize that those people who have 17x less ppp dont care about videogames?

Pretty much wrong concept you got there about economy, even if you earn less, you have to spend less as living expanses, food, rent, etc, but when you buy digital goods from other country which is scaled to that country, it matters highly. Got it? To finish it in very short.

And to get a real idea about 17 PPP aka India read this small article - https://yourstory.com/2016/12/2016-indian-gaming-industry/

tasakli
03-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Pretty much wrong concept you got there about economy, even if you earn less, you have to spend less as living expanses, food, rent, etc, but when you buy digital goods from other country which is scaled to that country, it matters highly. Got it? To finish it in very short.

And to get a real idea about 17 PPP aka India read this small article - https://yourstory.com/2016/12/2016-indian-gaming-industry/

U make no sense mate, read word by word. Don't need sources and lots of text to make nonsense into something
Dont teach me economy. Check your subject, check the context and come back when u got something good to say

Kurvy
03-06-2017, 02:22 PM
I agree with Waug on this one

Fyrce
03-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Its a fallacy. If you cant afford it, you are not going to buy it. North Koreans are not buying lots of egoods. Poor Indians do not all have lamborghinis. Egoods are luxuries.

Blyzzor
03-06-2017, 03:13 PM
This is offtopic but can anyone clarify whether last sale the discounts were actually smaller.. i heard 2k was like 65$?!

Vigilante
03-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Waiting for a "thread closed". :)

Waug
03-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Its a fallacy. If you cant afford it, you are not going to buy it. North Koreans are not buying lots of egoods. Poor Indians do not all have lamborghinis. Egoods are luxuries.
Talks about fallacy and then compare egoods with Lamborghinis ,a physical good with production cost.

THIS and this -

U make no sense mate, read word by word. Don't need sources and lots of text to make nonsense into something
Dont teach me economy. Check your subject, check the context and come back when u got something good to say
Made me laugh hard ;)

The only thing that deserve a clarification if it was not understood -

$200 million, was the MOBILE gaming revenue Q2,2016 in India, which is estimated to be 1.1billion $ 2020, yes in USA Dollar.

The purpose was to draw attention of STS , they may do research on the matter, if not they already did. THE PURPOSE IS SERVED. IT'S DONE.

THANKS for feedback guys.

Congeniality
03-07-2017, 12:30 PM
In short, I would find a new game :).

Mister Smith
03-07-2017, 04:03 PM
There are games that sell 12k special in game currency for $57

Cinco
03-08-2017, 02:35 PM
OP's point taken. Definitely an interesting consideration for a future Pocket Legends client.

Skillz
03-08-2017, 03:12 PM
OP's point taken. Definitely an interesting consideration for a future Pocket Legends client.
Please Cinco please