PDA

View Full Version : Flame Forged Hex Staff vs Immortal Corruption Staff

Lightorn
03-06-2017, 09:51 PM
Hey guys, what's best for somberholt maps?
Need your opinion thanks!

Suentous PO
03-06-2017, 10:31 PM
Immo for gy & m1-4, Hex m5-6.
The loss of stats with the hex @ lower levs makes it less viable, however the proc becomes deadly when the mobs are more resilient and makes up for that.

Lightorn
03-06-2017, 11:30 PM
thanks for the reply suen

xtian02
03-07-2017, 01:30 AM
Immo of course

Epw
03-07-2017, 05:57 AM
Immortal cuz of the banish proc :)

matthew (flash)
03-07-2017, 06:00 AM
immortal is the best

Behoove
03-07-2017, 08:04 AM
Immo is most op! Especially at m5-6! Be a tanky mage, do big pulls and use whim aa to pull them together, then you will see immo staff power (it is very important to make big pulls)

Cons
03-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Immo ftw. Especially if u have a rog with Dragon Blades in a pt. You would witness greatness.

Marlon Macapinlac
03-07-2017, 08:54 AM
immo best for all,

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

SkipperSkinner
03-07-2017, 09:17 AM
the only down side I've found to flame is some times the proc gets so real it lags everyone on the map, this doesn't happen too often and usually ends in a clear path. As far as flame vs Immo I used both and stuck with flame because runs were just going faster for me, I use a very tanky mage build pushing 9k health with skills designed to stun wind/fire/clock(with mastery maxed for freeze affect), which is a necessity no matter which staff you run with. I the end It's up to you and both staffs work great in mausoleum, and the best is which ever one suits you best which I found can vary from player to player. Try both and keep the one you prefer

P.S-YES, I do miss the banish with the Immo staff but it was too hit or miss for me

runagain
03-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Hex for the big pulls, immo for the small ones..

Altho 1hex 1Immortal Staff in one pt is best lols

Kingofninjas
03-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Immortal staff. Anyone who tells you otherwise has no idea how to use immortal staff effectively.

Tatman
03-07-2017, 05:38 PM
If I run with 2 mages, I like a combination of immo and hex. Seems to me that it clears fasters than just immo.

If only 1 mage though, immo is slightly better. But hex isn't that bad either. Hex mages get the job done just as well. And as far as I know, hex is cheaper than immo, so there is that too.

Suentous PO
03-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Immortal staff. Anyone who tells you otherwise has no idea how to use immortal staff effectively.

Same could be said of the hex

will0
03-07-2017, 07:35 PM
debating ? Immortal staff for me ... anyway there are many thread on this comparison i have seen at least 2-3 .. so long you are comfortable on what you are using ...

Some people using gun in new map .. what can we say?

bibeolli
03-07-2017, 08:56 PM
hex staff, immo staff and immo gun.. if only mages team

yubaraj
03-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Isn't it funny that we are debating over either to use lvl51 or lvl 56 weapon for new maps. And still the best is 46 staff for the boss.[glad I am a mage] I will be happy if I could feel comfortable using level 61 weapons.
Wouldn't it be more of a talk what strategy or skills should be used on those maps. Now all we have to do do is auto attack tap and wait for a proc.

I don't mean to disrespect anyone by saying all those that's just my personal opinion. People seem to take everything so personal.

TBH it doesn't make any big difference using those 2 weapons. I sold my immortal a long long time ago. I just hope to see the flame staff before it got nerfed. I love its effect. Magnificient.

Crateskeeper
03-07-2017, 11:09 PM
thank you all guys for your opinion!

I appreciate it all :)

Crateskeeper
03-07-2017, 11:11 PM
btw this is my new forum acct for my IGN

- Lightorn

HulkieBeast
03-09-2017, 06:16 AM
Immortal staff, the way it works is important to know. Many people don't know how to use it. As Behoove says, big pull is important, because Immortal staff proc has more chance to proc as the user gets more damage taken by mobs.

SkipperSkinner
03-09-2017, 09:17 AM
Immortal staff, the way it works is important to know. Many people don't know how to use it. As Behoove says, big pull is important, because Immortal staff proc has more chance to proc as the user gets more damage taken by mobs.

This is exactly why I use flame, flame shines even without a nice tight big mob pull and even when that kind of pull happens the immo staff does do it a little faster but the flame staff still does an amazing job! When coming across mini bosses with mobs around them I run in with flame to clear them then switch to drag staff for the mini, My point here is that decisicion between flame and immo is a very personal choice tailored to a players style and that no one who likes flame better or immo better should be told they're wrong. Imo the best runs I've had consisted of a tank and rogue with two mages one with a flame staff the other with a immo staff