PDA

View Full Version : Officers salaries.

Malpaedia
03-10-2017, 01:30 PM
A message to all guilds,
I have heard that some guilds pay thier officers, if this is true could you be so kind as to tell me how well this works?
Does it cause in fighting for example or does it encourage healthy competition btw members?
Im really curious to know and would love to hear from any Guild "Masters" in particular as to some of the ways they go about making thier Guilds work.
Paid Officers comments would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Malpaedia.

Congeniality
03-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Paying officers doesn't work, I have never tried it, but it seems super lame. :)

Dolloway
03-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Why should officers be paid? If you are an officer, you should like your guild enough to do your job, whether that entails recruiting members or keeping the guild clean of disruptive members. Otherwise, don't ask to become an officer.

As for my guild, I don't see any point in promoting members to officer. The only difference between recruiter and officer is that officers have the ability to kick people. If it's my guild, I want the final say when deciding whether to kick someone or not. And besides, usually most members of my guild have a discussion on deciding what should be done before any action is taken.

If you have a larger guild, I could see the need for making people officers. But as I said, paying officers is nonsensical.

Malpaedia
03-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Yea well that was what I thought, I personally think its ridiculous, and perhaps its a nasty rumour, I wont say what guild it was that I heard paid thete officers. They shall remain nameless the same my officers shall remain (salaryless) lol is that even a word?

Perryk
03-17-2017, 05:38 AM
No if a officer is loyal and likes to help for free that a go officer

Darthalph
03-17-2017, 05:43 AM
Officers should be based on loyalty

Vigilante
03-17-2017, 04:24 PM
A message to all guilds,
I have heard that some guilds pay thier officers, if this is true could you be so kind as to tell me how well this works?
Does it cause in fighting for example or does it encourage healthy competition btw members?
Im really curious to know and would love to hear from any Guild "Masters" in particular as to some of the ways they go about making thier Guilds work.
Paid Officers comments would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Malpaedia.

Lol..... Best thing I've heard all day. I mean, if youre willing to create a guild a pay for officers, count me in buddy. I would love for you to pay me until you realize your pockets in empty

Communion
03-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Why would you have them in your guild if they're just there to be paid then what's the point?

I doubt most of these deals will turn out to be succesful too..

Zaosafler
04-07-2017, 09:49 PM
I asked my gm where my pay was.

He called me mercenary, scum, and other forms of endearment. :)

Still not sure if that means he will pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congeniality
04-07-2017, 10:41 PM
I asked my gm where my pay was.

He called me mercenary, scum, and other forms of endearment. :)

Still not sure if that means he will pay.

Ask until you get the answer your seek my friend.

Zaosafler
04-29-2017, 11:56 PM
Ask until you get the answer your seek my friend.

He challenged me in PvP. And I foolishly accepted using my pally, not realizing how bad the nerf on drain life is.

KingCat
05-12-2017, 11:05 AM
You don't have to pay them.

Cinco
05-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Would this be less nutty if Guilds could pay officers in Platinum?

Suentous PO
05-13-2017, 05:17 PM

Go home, your drunk ;)

Congeniality
05-14-2017, 06:44 PM

I would rather be an officer than a gm... i know that for sure :)

Zaosafler
05-18-2017, 01:17 PM

I brought this up with my gym. He seems to have extremely personal knowledge of everyone involved in this idea.

HolyMystics
06-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Keep askin!

pizzaman
07-22-2017, 01:02 AM
In my guild, when it was active, it was the other way around. The officers borrowed and gave stuff to new members to help them level.

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
07-24-2017, 03:56 PM
It's a good way to attract new members to your guild. I can see how hiring a bunch of lvl 100 officers would entice lower level players to join your guild.