PDA

View Full Version : Ability to take screenshots on Android

cptcaveman
10-08-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm not really sure if its possible, but the ability to take screenshots in game through the menu or something would be ammmazzzing! Maybe being able to pm said screenshots as well! I'm sure if sts could figure this out for us Android users it would be a widely used feature

mugen
10-08-2011, 09:43 AM
iOS wins again lol
Jk
Sorry couldn't resist

Navygreen
10-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Well some devices have the feature built in, some apps available and if you're running honeycomb, they have an actual soft button on the stats bar for taking shots. :-)

cptcaveman
10-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Well some devices have the feature built in, some apps available and if you're running honeycomb, they have an actual soft button on the stats bar for taking shots. :-)

My phone won't be getting honeycomb, all screen shot apps require root...had my phone rooted but had issues with a rom and permanetly unrooted by accident lol...plus in game screens would mean you don't have to run another app

Deathpunch
10-08-2011, 03:37 PM
My phone won't be getting honeycomb, all screen shot apps require root...had my phone rooted but had issues with a rom and permanetly unrooted by accident lol...plus in game screens would mean you don't have to run another app

Just a point of note, no phone will get honeycomb from their carrier or Google, as it's the tablet version of Android. They haven't, and won't, release the source, either. You'll jump to ice cream sandwich. :)

Just curious, what device do you have?

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

Skeletonlord
10-08-2011, 03:40 PM
U mean like a camera?

Kahlua
10-08-2011, 03:48 PM
all screen shot apps require root...

Not true! This works for me just fine.

http://www.androidcentral.com/taking-screenshots-without-root

cptcaveman
10-08-2011, 04:54 PM