PDA

View Full Version : PVP Suggestion

RushalotPL
03-25-2017, 09:29 PM
In most times in PVP, players would often spawnkill their opponents. To avoid spawn killing, I suggest when the player respawns, there will be a 3 second spawn shield. Why? So the players who get mostly killed will get a short advantage. This can also happen in CTF, too. It's the way to balance the PVP particularly.

It's your decision.

Congeniality
03-25-2017, 09:57 PM
I believe they tried this a while ago, but also for revives. I found it to be overpowered because teams with mages were un-killable.

Communion
03-25-2017, 10:06 PM
You could just leave the game, 3 sec shield or something like that would just prevent the enemy from killing you as you spawn, whereas this shield suggestion wouldn't do as much as expected, in my opinion, it would encourage players to camp behind the walls and wait for the shield to cool off.

Dolloway
03-25-2017, 10:37 PM
No. This idea was implemented years ago during pvp rebalance and everyone hated it so they removed it after a month.

It's your decision whether you accept a rev in pvp/ctf. It's high risk high reward sometimes.

If you're respawning, you better be prepared to fight in ffa games. Forest Fight is the most common game type and the spawn places are fine. Only in maps like Rockwall Forts or other maps where people spawn in the same place over and over does spawn killing become a problem. If this is the trouble you're facing, create your own game and boot anyone who does this.

plpr
03-25-2017, 11:05 PM
I mean if its like 3v1 ctf and they are in your spawn you have no chance. I say 2 second invulnerability. In ctf only, no need to implement in non ctf as spawns are normally decent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waug
03-26-2017, 02:41 AM
I mean if its like 3v1 ctf and they are in your spawn you have no chance. I say 2 second invulnerability. In ctf only, no need to implement in non ctf as spawns are normally decent.

As said already, it was implemented before then GUESS WHAT, after getting revived a high damage class rek every one sitting behind the orb, even 1 sec is a lot for to kill all as enemy team already highly likely on low health.

The thing that should work is a one way gate in the spwn room, you can exit but can't re enter through the spawn gate.

plpr
03-26-2017, 07:49 AM
As said already, it was implemented before then GUESS WHAT, after getting revived a high damage class rek every one sitting behind the orb, even 1 sec is a lot for to kill all as enemy team already highly likely on low health.

The thing that should work is a one way gate in the spwn room, you can exit but can't re enter through the spawn gate.

Lol what orb? Also the only reason a spawn invincibility woukdnt work is boosters that want kills. Literally has no flaws with the two second idea i had by the time two seconds passes you just make it out of the spawn area so it affects nobody except yourself and spawn trappers.

Congeniality
03-26-2017, 11:19 AM
Lol what orb? Also the only reason a spawn invincibility woukdnt work is boosters that want kills. Literally has no flaws with the two second idea i had by the time two seconds passes you just make it out of the spawn area so it affects nobody except yourself and spawn trappers.

It was implemented on mage and paladin revive as well. It was really unbalanced. I like the idea of the one way gate to spawns.

Waug
03-26-2017, 12:12 PM
Have you any idea about the invulnerability buff that was added long ago that was then restored back to normal after lots of complains?

Then we can talk further ;)

plpr
03-26-2017, 12:18 PM
Have you any idea about the invulnerability buff that was added long ago that was then restored back to normal after lots of complains?

Then we can talk further ;)

Like i said earlier if you read it no flaws it makes sense. I honestly dont care about something that was changed for a very brief period 6 years ago.

Congeniality
03-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Like i said earlier if you read it no flaws it makes sense. I honestly dont care about something that was changed for a very brief period 6 years ago.

It was only a few years ago, more like 2 to 3. The problem with it was that it applied to revives, which made mages super op because an invulnerable bird is annoying in Ctf because they can nuke the whole team during that 1-2 second invulnerability. The base gate is the best way to fix the issue in my opinion.

Dolloway
03-26-2017, 02:28 PM
The invulnerability orb applied to revives when it was implemented years ago. The developer team said they could not get it to only apply to spawns.

Additionally, the gate idea has been suggested numerous times. Justg stated that the team cannot implement the gate because it is too complicated of a coding process and the game would need an overhaul to make it like AL.

Communion
03-28-2017, 02:58 AM
omg i do remember it before. I was wondering why this felt a bit familiar. :o

Congeniality
04-01-2017, 11:05 AM
the game would need an overhaul to make it like AL.

Ah I see, that makes sense now