PDA

View Full Version : Sword vs. Arrow vs. Magic. PVP Looting. Personality?

Gazroast
10-08-2011, 02:29 PM
I never played PL, I only just got a new superphone when Star Legends came out.

From DL I would like a more in-depth role game.. everyone in SL is exactly the same! with a few different spells being the only difference; Get as much armour as possible, a strong ranged weapon, shoot, shoot, shoot some more!!

Lets have some swords, magic and bows and arrows class specific this time, characters with real character .. personalities you know? I think people prefer that more.

Also looting for PVP. Lets make DL BADA$$.. a game for real players and leave SL and PL for the kiddies.

Who's with me??????

Silentarrow
10-08-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm with you!

Gazroast
10-08-2011, 05:06 PM
The Tanks/Melee would of course have different melee weapons like short swords, normal swords, pikes, tritans, maces, katanas etc. some with sheilds some not.

different bows, cross bows, throwing knives, darts, slings?? etc for the rangers/archers.

Mages obviously just have crazy amounts of magic spells.

Maybe a monk class with bare hands? everyone likes a monk!

I would try to do this game with BIGGER player maps too, not this small 5 person stuff. this is STS' chance to make a dent in superphone MMO. Get in on the ground floor and make what people want!!

I look forward to Dark Legends but only if its not a clone of what you already have, you know what I mean?

:)

Growwle
10-08-2011, 05:36 PM
I have been evangelizing the potential of DL since before this forum was made. There is so much that STS can do to make it great, but mostly our imaginations are going wild with speculation right now, since we only have the vaguest hints of what DL will be.

Gazroast
10-08-2011, 05:39 PM
I have been evangelizing the potential of DL since before this forum was made. There is so much that STS can do to make it great, but mostly our imaginations are going wild with speculation right now, since we only have the vaguest hints of what DL will be.

Probably will be let down then, its like reading a book and then seeing the movie.
Book always wins!

I have my fingers crossed that they take there time, do it right - and try something they haven't done before!!

Growwle
10-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I want to play as a werewolf and fight with my fangs and claws.

Olz
10-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Two types dark and light vs each other dark have orks werewolves and that stuff whilst light have humans and elfs and others.

Growwle
10-08-2011, 06:09 PM
I am hoping that there are no orcs or elves in this game, that is for PL. I thing every player should be "dark," a vampire, werewolf, grave robber, monster-hunting zealot. Of course any of these character types would have plenty of reason to fight each other.

Also, fangs, claws, torches, flint-lock guns and maybe swords and daggers. Mad-scientist types, can use vials of acid, or control golems .

Wannaparty?
10-09-2011, 12:02 PM
My third post lol. I think there should be.ranks within your legion. And the flintlock guns and all that sounds pretty good. O think on the dark side, should be a necromancer, and the necro coild summon zombies or sometheing. And on the light should be a paladin, and he could summon militia or something.

Growwle
10-09-2011, 12:29 PM
My third post lol. I think there should be.ranks within your legion. And the flintlock guns and all that sounds pretty good. O think on the dark side, should be a necromancer, and the necro coild summon zombies or sometheing. And on the light should be a paladin, and he could summon militia or something.

A witch / monster hunter / inquisitor / religious zealot would have to take the place of the Paladin, if it is a Gothic setting. Also, a mad scientist would take the place of a necromancer, although a necromancers presence in that setting would be easier to explain than a paladin. Also, a necromancer would be the natural enemy of a sentient vampire or werewolf, since the necromancer would seek to dominate and control them.

Wannaparty?
10-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Yeah that makes sense, i'm thinking witch doctors, or instead of mad scientists, have a mad doctor who raises the dead, like ressurects zombies

Zapoke
10-09-2011, 02:49 PM
i'm thinking witch doctors, or instead of mad scientists, have a mad doctor who raises the dead, like ressurects zombies

That's the definition of a Necromancer, my friend. :o

Wannaparty?
10-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Ha wow, i'm officially dumb as nails. Well then there should be a shapeshifting class. And maybe some of the maps could be like inside old cathedrals that are overun with the badies.

Gazroast
10-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Ha wow, i'm officially dumb as nails. Well then there should be a shapeshifting class. And maybe some of the maps could be like inside old cathedrals that are overun with the badies.

*cough* Diablo *cough*

Diablo was freakin AMAZING though, With all of the classes listed above pretty much: Necromancer, Paladin, Barbarian etc.

Same play style too as Diablo too: Limited groups per world doing runs/grinding. I used to play this for PVP too, was good fun.
I would much prefer a MMORPG with huge servers that hundreds can play on instead of smaller groups, but I think this new game should include BOTH of these play styles. Diablo had how many millions playing with its smaller group size? R***scape has how many millions with its 2000 people per server maps...?

If the game covers what everyone wants, there no reason a hundred million smartphone users wont download it, play it and then start supporting with real cash..

I know how to make money and STS has the potential to make ALOT of it, if they play there cards right.

As I said before.. "I have my fingers crossed that they take there time, do it right - and try something they haven't done before!!"

Use what has worked so well for so many other companies and do it on the smartphone FIRST.. you know in 3 years every man and his dog is going to be making games for these platforms, you really have to get a good foot hold early on make what people want!!

I am very excited to see DL when it comes out, I would be happy to be a BETA tester too. Just please PLEASE don't make it another SL/PL clone!!

bronislav84
10-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Stealing items from the fallen in PVP that they worked hard for or possibly paid plat for? No. Never. Not that kind of game.

Growwle
10-09-2011, 08:35 PM
*cough* Diablo *cough*

Diablo was freakin AMAZING though, With all of the classes listed above pretty much: Necromancer, Paladin, Barbarian etc.

Same play style too as Diablo too: Limited groups per world doing runs/grinding. I used to play this for PVP too, was good fun.
I would much prefer a MMORPG with huge servers that hundreds can play on instead of smaller groups, but I think this new game should include BOTH of these play styles. Diablo had how many millions playing with its smaller group size? R***scape has how many millions with its 2000 people per server maps...?

If the game covers what everyone wants, there no reason a hundred million smartphone users wont download it, play it and then start supporting with real cash..

I know how to make money and STS has the potential to make ALOT of it, if they play there cards right.

As I said before.. "I have my fingers crossed that they take there time, do it right - and try something they haven't done before!!"

Use what has worked so well for so many other companies and do it on the smartphone FIRST.. you know in 3 years every man and his dog is going to be making games for these platforms, you really have to get a good foot hold early on make what people want!!

I am very excited to see DL when it comes out, I would be happy to be a BETA tester too. Just please PLEASE don't make it another SL/PL clone!!

I don't know how to make more money than I spend, but at least STS does, lol.

Wannaparty?
10-10-2011, 10:51 PM
If it's almost.like °cough°diablo°cough°, then there should be a few leves like the hidden cow levels. I myself have played diablo, world of warcraft, and the warcraft series before wow, and think there should be like some maps with rediculoius enemies just for the fun of it. I wouldn't mind killing countless cows or somethg on my phone.

XvekeZ
10-17-2011, 03:27 AM
I never played PL, I only just got a new superphone when Star Legends came out.

From DL I would like a more in-depth role game.. everyone in SL is exactly the same! with a few different spells being the only difference; Get as much armour as possible, a strong ranged weapon, shoot, shoot, shoot some more!!

Lets have some swords, magic and bows and arrows class specific this time, characters with real character .. personalities you know? I think people prefer that more.

Also looting for PVP. Lets make DL BADA$$.. a game for real players and leave SL and PL for the kiddies.

Who's with me??????

hell yea!!! more pvp, no instances, open world, mounts, houses, pvp with loot!!! let's change it up a bit and let the real gamers play dark legends!

XvekeZ
10-17-2011, 03:31 AM
Stealing items from the fallen in PVP that they worked hard for or possibly paid plat for? No. Never. Not that kind of game.

LOL, If you pvp, you should be able to lose your stuff, that's fun pvp, and real gaming. and it would take ACTUALL SKILL to pvp, not just items... a game's pvp should not be because of platinum and items... i mean that should have something to do with it , but it should mostly come from learning how to play well and using those skills to KILL!!! and then you can loot items off the person you kill and if you die, your items can be looted as well!!!

As far as working hard or possibly plaid plat for??? you're working hard to kill that person and that person is fighting you so he is choosing the option to be able to loose his stuff. you can always put your GOOD items in your bank account or in storage. duh.

obviously, you don't pvp and you don't have to pvp. if you choose not to pvp, i doubt you'll lose any items. Some people enjoy pvping and taking risk in it!! i enjoy playing a video game and killing and even dying!! it's fun and it's just a game!! you're just losing pixels.

BodMaster
10-17-2011, 03:56 AM

Who's with me??????

Though I do agree with you... isnt SL only meant to be the B@DD@$$ game with over 100+ levels etc.. PL and DL will most probably on the same grounds.. SL has been "Dubbed" 'The Hardcore One' so guess we will have to see..

Necrobane
10-17-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm against the loss of items and gold in PvP as well. It only encourages the abuse of the PvP system. A small gold reward for a kill would be nice. However PvP games could not be done in lobbies if this is not to be abused.

Gazroast
10-17-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm against the loss of items and gold in PvP as well. It only encourages the abuse of the PvP system. A small gold reward for a kill would be nice. However PvP games could not be done in lobbies if this is not to be abused.

Well you would have "PVP specific levels" etc., where people know they can be killed and lose items/gold. Not in the lobbies...
I don't see how this could be abused if people know before entering.

It would be the opposite of abuse if people can be killed by guards etc when there name changes to black/red after 20 PKs or whatever.

I would pay more money to support a game that I can really get involved in PVP and PKing..

Like XvekeZ said earlier :LOL, If you pvp, you should be able to lose your stuff, that's fun pvp, and real gaming. and it would take ACTUALL SKILL to pvp, not just items... a game's pvp should not be because of platinum and items... i mean that should have something to do with it , but it should mostly come from learning how to play well and using those skills to KILL!!! and then you can loot items off the person you kill and if you die, your items can be looted as well!!!:

Skill is much better than bought items, but then you can have a skill that if you die you keep a few of your most expensive items.. so you can still have plat items to PVP with etc... IT JUST MAKES SENSE!!

Necrobane
10-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Well you would have "PVP specific levels" etc., where people know they can be killed and lose items/gold. Not in the lobbies...
I don't see how this could be abused if people know before entering.

It would be the opposite of abuse if people can be killed by guards etc when there name changes to black/red after 20 PKs or whatever.

I would pay more money to support a game that I can really get involved in PVP and PKing..

Like XvekeZ said earlier :LOL, If you pvp, you should be able to lose your stuff, that's fun pvp, and real gaming. and it would take ACTUALL SKILL to pvp, not just items... a game's pvp should not be because of platinum and items... i mean that should have something to do with it , but it should mostly come from learning how to play well and using those skills to KILL!!! and then you can loot items off the person you kill and if you die, your items can be looted as well!!!:

Skill is much better than bought items, but then you can have a skill that if you die you keep a few of your most expensive items.. so you can still have plat items to PVP with etc... IT JUST MAKES SENSE!! I say this because I am only too familiar in the notion of players teaming up on less fortunate others, dominating the battle field. The prospect of receiving items and gold for taking part in such actions only encourages the offenders. As far as I'm concerned anyway..

XvekeZ
10-18-2011, 03:36 AM
I say this because I am only too familiar in the notion of players teaming up on less fortunate others, dominating the battle field. The prospect of receiving items and gold for taking part in such actions only encourages the offenders. As far as I'm concerned anyway..

that is why the less fortunate players don't come to the pvp zones.... i personally think it is fun with loot and most people that pvp/pk don't pk the newbies. and like gereth said, there would be certain areas for people who wanted to go pvp. pks cannot kill in town, and they wouldn't be allowed to kill other players in the "newbie" lobbies.

bronislav84
10-18-2011, 10:41 AM

LOL, If you pvp, you should be able to lose your stuff, that's fun pvp, and real gaming. and it would take ACTUALL SKILL to pvp, not just items... a game's pvp should not be because of platinum and items... i mean that should have something to do with it , but it should mostly come from learning how to play well and using those skills to KILL!!! and then you can loot items off the person you kill and if you die, your items can be looted as well!!!

As far as working hard or possibly plaid plat for??? you're working hard to kill that person and that person is fighting you so he is choosing the option to be able to loose his stuff. you can always put your GOOD items in your bank account or in storage. duh.

obviously, you don't pvp and you don't have to pvp. if you choose not to pvp, i doubt you'll lose any items. Some people enjoy pvping and taking risk in it!! i enjoy playing a video game and killing and even dying!! it's fun and it's just a game!! you're just losing pixels.No, just no. You don't get it and never will. If I earned my items over long playing, I should not be allowed to lose it in 5 seconds. Would definitely make people stay away from PVP unless they have bajillions to replace their lost items. Except for people like Evolt, this is a bad idea.

And open PVP anywhere outside towns? Basically the game ceases to be casual, which is STS's focus.

XvekeZ
10-19-2011, 05:16 AM
No, just no. You don't get it and never will. If I earned my items over long playing, I should not be allowed to lose it in 5 seconds. Would definitely make people stay away from PVP unless they have bajillions to replace their lost items. Except for people like Evolt, this is a bad idea.

And open PVP anywhere outside towns? Basically the game ceases to be casual, which is STS's focus.

that's funny because hunrdreds and hurndreds of gamers disagree with you there buddy .... Real PvP = you lose items when you die.... All your concerened about is if you die, you'll lose your stuff. like i said there could be an option where you can turn it off where you can't loot any other players and they can't loot you. up to you .... most real pvpers will turn the loot option on though... sorry but your post makes no since :/ especially the part about saying it would make people stay away from pvp... hahahaha. everyone i have talked to on here say one of the reasons they don't really get into pvping is because there is no open loot. quit crying about your personal needs. i was trying to give an idea for the shard, not for just your character.... and like i said ... i'm sure if pocket legends implimented this, they would also have an option for people to "opt" out of it, the scared ones that should stick to pve, like you. haha and obviously you do not do much pvping on here or any other games cause if you notice all other games that have open loot are very successful and have a lot of pvpers!! i don't think anyone that pvpd would be complaining about this. or has played on another server that had open loot unless that player is not that good at pvp or doesn't pvp at all... but like i said ,,, just stay away from the pvp zones and you shouldn't have a problem!!! or bank your stuff!!!! i mean seriously. wow.

XvekeZ
10-19-2011, 06:00 PM
No, just no. You don't get it and never will. If I earned my items over long playing, I should not be allowed to lose it in 5 seconds. Would definitely make people stay away from PVP unless they have bajillions to replace their lost items. Except for people like Evolt, this is a bad idea.

and you are wrong. i do get it. in every online game i have played, there is always going to be some newb complaining about their items on the forums because they were stupid enough to walk into a pvp zone with their best armor and weps and lose them. you have to understand though, that with open loot, you don't go out to pvp with your BEST gear on. this makes it where it takes actual skil to pvp. trust me though, i have played enough mmorpgs to know that open loot is the way to go. it brings a much larger player base and when you pvp, you actually get something out of killing someone, not just a point.... thats just silly. if you don't want to lose your so precious items that are in a freakin' video game, then stay to pve and if you really want to pvp, learn HOW to pvp, and don't wear your best items out on the field, wears just okay stuff, and most everyone else will to. that is what open loot brings to the table. and you may say the pocket legends would lose money because of this. no. they would actually probably have more people buying stuff with plat because there would be more people wanting to play all the time. and wanting to buy better items for pve or to use in pvp to get better items from others. that is the way it should be. if you earn something in a video game, you should have a chance to lose it. why should you be able to own it forever??? then if you lose it, you will have to work for it again. it keeps the game going on and on. not just to where you work for something, you get it, and that's it... your good to go for the rest of that game. lol. no buddy. that is not how mmorpg's work. and don't tell me i don't get it cause i understand where you're coming from exactly, it's just where you're coming from is very selfish and makes no since except to you.... so please stop crying about it and if you wanna pvp without losing your stuff, like i said, don't wear your best stuff out on the battle field, or bank your stuff, or only wear it for pve, or learn how to play well and when you do lose it, work for it again.... i'd like to see you go on another games forum and tell them that it doesn't make since to have open loot cause you earned your items and you deserve never to lose them. they would laugh at you and call you a newb. and i'm sure if pocket legends implemented open loot, they would only allow potions and stuff to be looted. so quit crying. your pixels are safe, for now.

XvekeZ
10-19-2011, 06:05 PM
not to mention, this is for dark legends... there is already TWO games with closed loot so why not change it up a bit??? i'll go ahead and put money on it if they put open loot on this game, there would be twice the amount of people playing it over pocket legends. if you want to keep your loot, stay on pocket legends.

Phoenixking
10-19-2011, 06:13 PM
In my mind i see a vampire with a throwing dagger and a defense bracket
A were wolf with twin claws
Amd a necromancer with a death stick :P but thats just me

Lillypink
10-19-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm with you! SO AM I!!!!!!! :cool:

Zapoke
10-19-2011, 06:25 PM
*ignoring the R*******e player above*

In my mind i see a vampire with a throwing dagger and a defense bracket
A were wolf with twin claws
Amd a necromancer with a death stick :P but thats just me
To me, I think vampires would have swords.. Of some sort. Or nothing but gauntlets, to better beat the crap out of people. I mean, they can't die (according to myths lol) except for being staked in the heart. Werewolves would also need to be a melee class. Though more damage focused. And then, to keep it even, why wouldn't the last class also be melee, with some ranged? Like a human. Vampire hunter, or something.

Gazroast
10-19-2011, 07:34 PM
XvekeZ makes the point with the heart of the situation, great posts mate...

My thoughts:
First open PVP with looting game on a hand held device?

You would create an EPIC player base for YEARS!!

"BUILD IT AND HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS WILL COME" Field of Dreaming PKers... ;)