PDA

View Full Version : My Device is Bricked. Expensive Paperweight :(

Draco Mikato
10-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Hey ladies and... yeah ladies. :D

I got my phone frozen so I was attempting to do a factory reset restoration... My phone froze the first time trying to change something, so I went ahead with it. My phone was fine. I got it all normal again, the way it came out of the box.

And then... I tried to add in a custom ROM that was a bit shaky, but much promising tweaks, like faster 3G, faster WiFi reception, and overall speed. But that messed up my phone and I had to reset again.

Halfway through it, my battery died. So now it's a phone without an Android Operating system, and without an OS, nothing can command my battery to accept any life. Sucks. I just tried heading to the VZW store and they only have Droid 3's, which use a different battery now. I think I'm tired of the Droid series. I may get a Bionic or an Xperia Play... but for now, I need to fix my current device.

I got nowhere to charge it. The stores no longer carry my device so they can't put it into one of their phones and put some life into it. I swear, cellphone stores used to have battery charging stations. Where did those go?

If I could find someone who has a Droid1 or Droid2, I could ask them to put my battery into their phone and put some life into it, so I can continue with the restoration process. But that chance is one in a million. Or how ever many there are in the population of my city.

What I'm going to do when I get home is, cut one of my chargers up, get the negative and positive wires, and try to charge my battery up in a ghetto fashion. Hopefully it'll work. Since I don't have a PC, I'll have to head back to a friend's house and continue the restoration. I don't even know if my phone is permanently bricked. Whenever I try to turn it on, something like this shows up...

All the same except instead of saying battery OK, it says Battery low, cannot program.

StompArtist
10-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Have you looked on ebay?