PDA

View Full Version : Pure Dex vs Warbird

shadowxclone
10-08-2011, 06:41 PM
I've had my account for a while but I just recently got really into PL, I currently have a level 37 pure dex Avian. I'm playing pve pretty much exclusively, I don't plan on pvping anytime soon. I was just wondering if there was a point to putting points into strength if I'm not playing pvp. The regen and extra armor and dodge only really help me if I plan on soloing stuff, otherwise there will pretty much always be either a bear tanking or an enchantress healing. Plus I have potions obviously, so its not like I don't have any method of getting hp back. I understand doing warbirds build for pvp but in pve it doesn't make any sense to because it nerfs your dps and archers are a dps class in pve. If anyone has any reasonable insight into a reason to add str to my avian in pve, I may consider it but as of right now I just don't see the purpose.

NoobianOfAlterra
10-08-2011, 07:01 PM
I suggest going dual str and dex after lvl 45, with just enuff str for equips and rest in dex, so you can switch between all for the right situations. For mob clearing or tanking, use str, then dex for boss or if in a good group :) hope this helps

JaytB
10-08-2011, 07:13 PM
My opinion: PvE, pure dex. Birds are the ones who make mobs and bosses die that much quicker. Pure dex birds, that is. Putting points in str might help survivability a little bit (not a lot), but at the cost of relatively much skill/auto-attack dmg. Going warbird for pve has no point other than your own survivability IMO. Skill dmg will just suffer too much. So, IMO, for most effective farming, a pure dex bird is the way to go.

shadowxclone
10-08-2011, 10:51 PM
My opinion: PvE, pure dex. Birds are the ones who make mobs and bosses die that much quicker. Pure dex birds, that is. Putting points in str might help survivability a little bit (not a lot), but at the cost of relatively much skill/auto-attack dmg. Going warbird for pve has no point other than your own survivability IMO. Skill dmg will just suffer too much. So, IMO, for most effective farming, a pure dex bird is the way to go.

I was thinking the same thing honestly. Warbird seems like a necessary set-up for PVP because if you don't have any str you're gonna die in about half a second. But in an environment where maximizing dps is the main focus and you can let bears worry about survivability, going pure dex seems like the logical thing to do.

Zapoke
10-08-2011, 10:59 PM
You're not completely correct about the warbird thing... Because a war bird with iceberg frozen 2h has much more skill damage then a dex bird using a blunderbuss or any kind if talon. :P , I used war bird up until 41, then switched to a scarab and pure dex, because skill damage evens out by this time, and dex is 10x more fun lol. ^^

Also, war birds only murder dex birds until 40 in PvP. And lower level, dex birds vs warbirds is about even. :)

Heroelite
10-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Yes for pve you dont want to go warbird cuz that will take very long to kill the enemies and will lose mana really fast. It is good on fighting bosses though

Moogerfooger
10-09-2011, 08:08 PM
To echo others...lvl 40+ in PvE, pure dex for the win.

ThePvpTwink
10-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Pure dex bird= range, Warbird= little range :)

Nourish
10-09-2011, 08:13 PM
I LOVE the way warbirds look! Their so purty so that's why I'm going str/dex and seeing how I like it :)

Xazic
10-09-2011, 08:50 PM
I need to disagree with anyone who says that full dexies own all warbirds after 40+
Bwahahahahahahaha!
Anyone who thinks that he/she can own meh(L61 Warbird), pls tell me... And prepare to get the beating of your life! :boxing:

JaytB
10-10-2011, 01:13 AM
I need to disagree with anyone who says that full dexies own all warbirds after 40+
Bwahahahahahahaha!
Anyone who thinks that he/she can own meh(L61 Warbird), pls tell me... And prepare to get the beating of your life! :boxing:

Since everyone is talking about pve, I'll take you up on that challenge. Let's see who can clear a pve level fastest. Your warbird or my dexbird. Let me know when you want to do this?

Moogerfooger
10-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Since everyone is talking about pve, I'll take you up on that challenge. Let's see who can clear a pve level fastest. Your warbird or my dexbird. Let me know when you want to do this?

Don't ask questions/throw down gauntlets on things you know you will win, Jay :D

To the PvP braggart..The OP was talking about PvE. He mentioned it 5 or 6 times in his post. Please keep PvP trashtalk in PvP threads. Thank you for playing, and please keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times.

JaytB
10-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Don't ask questions/throw down gauntlets on things you know you will win, Jay :D

To the PvP braggart..The OP was talking about PvE. He mentioned it 5 or 6 times in his post. Please keep PvP trashtalk in PvP threads. Thank you for playing, and please keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times.

Rofl :D

Moogerfooger
10-10-2011, 01:59 AM
I just noticed my favorite emoticon was back....the infamous "rolleyes".

:rolleyes:

Whirlzap
10-10-2011, 02:48 PM
My 35 dex bird owns str birds tho, just a matter of how to play.
As from the above statement, I can say one thing.
"Go anyway you want, even INT bird(which is actually a really good choice), just know how to play that style!
Generally, pure DEX dishes out damage the most. Some birds have been using STR armor and DEX weapon, which is also a great idea.
Remember, any way is best for you if you are good at it.

Cytokinesis
10-11-2011, 04:51 PM
"go anyway you want, even int bird(which is actually a really good choice), just know how to play that style!

Remember, any way is best for you if you are good at it.
yes! Listen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!