PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought

Kingofthebear
06-30-2010, 04:43 PM
The skill that makes you more nimble and allows you to dodge things with a greater ease...requires that you not move to use it.

Seems a bit weird

(inb4 cool story, bro)

Banned
06-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Warriors can move and use it...

It only effects the archer class.

ed anger
06-30-2010, 09:41 PM
yeah, making even less sense... warriors get two protection skills, archers only one.

Kingofthebear
06-30-2010, 11:44 PM
I can't move while I cast my Evade skill, is what I'm getting at.

Mahk
07-01-2010, 02:28 PM
I've noticed the warning a lot, some archer uses knockback and there I go running after my mob and mashing buttons along the way -- I think both EVADE and Heal are non-moving casts? Facinatin' "Can not cast while moving" -- I definitely see that, pretty sure on both, Banned.

Don't mean to hijack, but more FOOD FOR THOUGHT -- I was sitting there thinkin last night that all my button mashing might actually be getting in the way of killin' something! Given Thoth Gear Unlimited Mana, I had gotten in the habit of firing everything off constantly (in a very orderly and organized manner, ha!) But then I thought, "Ya know, I need to just sit here and whack away at this boss and gets some CRITS going!" Is all my offesnsive skill power usage inhibiting the flow of normal blows, reducing the frequency, thereby reducing the chance of crits?

Does that make sense? I'm firing off so many taunts, slashes, rage, ironblood and what not taht I'm not actually swinging away as much?

Banned
07-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Strange, I can cast Evade while moving...lucky me I guess.

Kingofthebear
07-01-2010, 05:09 PM
What's funny Banned is after I talked to you about it I went into town, and while running was able to cast evade (this was after my respec). ??? Stay tuned I guess

Royce
07-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I can use it while moving. Could it maybe depend on the number of skill points (I have 5 in Evade)?