PDA

View Full Version : Extra, extra! Read all about it: Mount fang!

WoundedEagle
10-08-2011, 10:23 PM
So according to Asommers himself, Mount Fang will bump the level cap to 66!

No date has been given, just 'Before 2014' I suppose not soon!

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/Woundedeagle2/9034c954.jpg

Piosidon
10-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Now I feel sorry for everyone who spent a bunch on glyph.

Silentarrow
10-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Cool!

zappaxe
10-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Well I'm still at 58 :P

KingFu
10-08-2011, 10:29 PM
I see me! I see me! i r phaymuz!

TANKKAAR
10-08-2011, 10:33 PM
This is insane!

Bwahahagirl
10-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Well if the cap is going to be raised again... Should I bother attempting to level to 61? Cuz I'm lvl 60 with 2k x so far...lol. I don't want it to be like before nuris came out and I had like 20k toward lvl 56 then new cap and I only had like 3k xp.
And should I try to complete charmin set? I need hood....

WoundedEagle
10-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Well if the cap is going to be raised again... Should I bother attempting to level to 61? Cuz I'm lvl 60 with 2k x so far...lol. I don't want it to be like before nuris came out and I had like 20k toward lvl 56 then new cap and I only had like 3k xp.
And should I try to complete charmin set? I need hood....
If you don't, no Shield Of Hallows. I would do it!

Piosidon
10-08-2011, 10:46 PM
It seems STS is going a bit quick. I mean it's only been like a month since Nuri came out.

DJMdivine
10-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Wow, I got 90k xp left Dx why the rush... :/

Otukura
10-08-2011, 10:51 PM
I don't think it's coming out too soon, but that's only speculation. In the words of ALS, it should be out "by 2014". Big help.

But, he did say that it would not be in the next Client update, and that's a month a the very earliest.

Ellyidol
10-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Prices going down down down down down, downnnn~~

Trollee
10-08-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm only 30k off 61... So I better hurry to get that Shield of Hallows!
Hopefully there is a new crown for 66 for all those people that missed out on CoP (including me :p).

mike1298
10-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Think I'm quitting unless they ban these uber vanity set items from pvp. Pvp is a big part of the game for me and I'm sorry I don't have the time to get them. I work and can't play 24/7 to get the caps...

Lowlyspy
10-08-2011, 10:59 PM
So mt fang isnt comin out for a while now? Good, i personaly think a lot of people would be especially flamy if they bumped the cap up that fast.

Gluttony
10-08-2011, 11:04 PM
I'd think it's a ways out personally, at the very least there will be more teasers and a hint to induce a push to 61 4x elixir style. So be patient and take your time with your runs, there are plenty of shields for everyone.

Think I'm quitting unless they ban these uber vanity set items from pvp. Pvp is a big part of the game for me and I'm sorry I don't have the time to get them. I work and can't play 24/7 to get the caps...

Sorry you feel that way but, it's an xp grinding type of game so players need some incentive to keep doing the same things over and over. I do agree that perhaps some items shouldn't be allowed in pvp, but you have to think about the potential work that may have to go into that on the devs side... perhaps it's just too tough since there is really no other application that take advantage of nuking an item from existence.

thedream
10-09-2011, 12:06 AM
wait so if mt fang is gonna be another cap its not the halloween dungeon??!!

Artemis
10-09-2011, 12:14 AM
im not even 56 yet -.-

Zeus
10-09-2011, 12:15 AM
This is directed towards Rosettes/Petrichor/Chloe. At least we won't have to act like other people when this campaign gets released.

WoundedEagle
10-09-2011, 12:18 AM
This is directed towards Rosettes/Petrichor/Chloe. At least we won't have to act like other people when this campaign gets released.
I never see Chloe on forums anymore :/

Zeus
10-09-2011, 12:19 AM
I never see Chloe on forums anymore :/

She seems to be forgetful of her forum password, apparently. That and she is a stalker. She just reads, never comments. How selfish of her! ;)

WoundedEagle
10-09-2011, 12:21 AM
She seems to be forgetful of her forum password, apparently. That and she is a stalker. She just reads, never comments. How selfish of her! ;)
Bahahahaha :D

Conradin
10-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Lol im 56- maybe nows the time to geet that set....

pastrychef
10-09-2011, 12:38 AM
Let's think about this logically. Nuri's has just been release about a month ago. Prior to that, approximately seven months passed before any new maps were released. I'm sure the devs want to sell as many elixirs as possible to people trying to level to 61. If they do as they did with the crown of persistence, the shield of hallows will be discontinued with the release of Mt. Fang and xp requirements to go from 60 to 61 lowered. That's lots of lost elixir sales. In the meantime, there will be Halloween and Christmas events to keep the game fresh. Therefore, I don't expect Mt Fang until, at the earliest, Feb 2012. Then all the hard core players can begin their grind to the new level cap and more elixirs could be sold.

Of course, all of this is just my guesstimatesumption...

Trollee
10-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Of course, all of this is just my guesstimatesumption...

Awesome word! I might borrow it if thats ok?

LoveMadrid
10-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Nooooo!!! I just reached 61 T.T. Lv 66 is gonna cost a heck lot of EXP and plat T.T

pastrychef
10-09-2011, 01:44 AM
Awesome word! I might borrow it if thats ok?

lol. Feel free.

Blind
10-09-2011, 03:17 AM
Not sure how this all works. So should i buy demonic now or save all money for mt fang?

Fatpigwarrior
10-09-2011, 03:22 AM
Wound, how many worthless posts do you have on mount fang and halloween, I can't keep count I'm seriously getting annoyed you post to many threads on one topic....

Slush
10-09-2011, 03:30 AM
$$$$$

Skeletonlord
10-09-2011, 03:45 AM
So mount fang wont be out this Halloween?

TANKKAAR
10-09-2011, 03:52 AM
All im saying is they might want to slow down. I know im not the only one who has more then one lvl 61 toon and if they expect people to continue lvling multiple toons up to max lvl (which is where im sure alot of revenue is made) then they need to slow it down a little... and by that I mean october is way to soon! I personaly will have my 3rd lvl 61 completed this week but if they plan on expanding every 1-2mths I will abandon some of my toons and just focus on one from here on out.....

Gluttony
10-09-2011, 04:14 AM
All im saying is they might want to slow down. I know im not the only one who has more then one lvl 61 toon and if they expect people to continue lvling multiple toons up to max lvl (which is where im sure alot of revenue is made) then they need to slow it down a little... and by that I mean october is way to soon! I personaly will have my 3rd lvl 61 completed this week but if they plan on expanding every 1-2mths I will abandon some of my toons and just focus on one from here on out.....

STS needs to slow down?! Perhaps you need to slow down kind sir, three 61s in approx 5 weeks is insane! I only focus on one toon and he is only 1/5 of the way to 61. I want to get my hands on the shield for the vanity set bonus, but I'm quite sure that STS will at the very least leak an estimated date of release for that elixir revenue boost that the mad dash to 61 will provide. Until then, slow and steady wins the race.

Edit: It's been pointed out but we also have Halloween and winter events on the horizon, so Ocotber/November and December are covered in terms of new content released, so look for 2012 to be PL's year of the vampire.

Siejo
10-09-2011, 04:25 AM
I am certain this must all be a misunderstanding. I get it came from a dev but i'm guessing he was just messing around. Before 2014 could mean next year early spring maybe. There are so many people reading it as "NO UPDATES TILL 2014" hahahaha. I've been asked by many people in game if I am going to still retire due to "NO UPDATES TILL 2014". I don't think that's what the devs meant. If it is true then we will all have demonics sets by then :cupcake:

RedRyder
10-09-2011, 07:15 AM
I only focus on one toon and he is only 1/5 of the way to 61. I want to get my hands on the shield for the vanity set bonus, but I'm quite sure that STS will at the very least leak an estimated date of release for that elixir revenue boost that the mad dash to 61 will provide. Until then, slow and steady wins the race.

Same boat lol. They won't make the change so soon. I'm at about 12 xp with no elixirs, and I'll go that direction till the caps close to rising. Jaytb told me that when 56 was the cap, he got his toons up there without elixirs and just playing, so that's the direction I'll go.

My birds still at 50, but at the pattern the elixirs are going, we should be seeing a 5x elixir before the cap raise.

Uepauke
10-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Same boat lol. They won't make the change so soon. I'm at about 12 xp with no elixirs, and I'll go that direction till the caps close to rising. Jaytb told me that when 56 was the cap, he got his toons up there without elixirs and just playing, so that's the direction I'll go.

My birds still at 50, but at the pattern the elixirs are going, we should be seeing a 5x elixir before the cap raise.

It's entirely possible! I think it's much more fun too. Mind you, there were many PUGs that had me fuming/laughing along the way that sometimes spoilt me for actual good teams i.e. getting used to bears that don't lead or round up sometimes caused a temporary disorientation when I did join good teams--the upside is that the PUGs kept me from complacency, a kind of challenge in its own right.

I blame my weaker moments (I think 2-4 hours in total?) in my ramp to 56 on DRUGGIE individuals who shall remain nameless ​but are great players anyway :D

Mageprodigy
10-09-2011, 07:33 AM
hey everyone i got 55K to 61 now i do about 2k a day think il reach before cap?

Gluttony
10-09-2011, 07:40 AM
I am certain this must all be a misunderstanding. I get it came from a dev but i'm guessing he was just messing around. Before 2014 could mean next year early spring maybe. There are so many people reading it as "NO UPDATES TILL 2014" hahahaha. I've been asked by many people in game if I am going to still retire due to "NO UPDATES TILL 2014". I don't think that's what the devs meant. If it is true then we will all have demonics sets by then :cupcake:

I didn't get a no update until 2014 vibe at all, it was more like "I don't want to answer the question directly" so I'll just make an all encompassing statement and spam evasion in order to dodge it. Happens all the time on the forums where devs want to answer a question, but perhaps don't want to back themselves (and their development team) into a corner. The more I think about it, the more I realize that this has been happening quite frequently since the whole plat will be transferable between games debacle.

During the same convo about Mount Fang being released before 2014, it was confirmed that the was going to be a Halloween event, so that'll be new content right there. Players are already wanting a fresh campaign with an 100k xp cap roadblock place in front of them, is everyone foaming at the mouth for moar, side effects from the elix perhaps?!

Mageprodigy
10-09-2011, 07:42 AM
i dont use elixers only the gold ones but that 1,5 ;P if used 4x all the way is already was 61 easy but isnt it much more fun that it is really harcore? al the people who used elixers are
already 61 for a long time.

Bunnyshoota
10-09-2011, 07:46 AM
we could have 10x elixirs by 2014...................and 100 levels possible at this rate................................

apocketlegend
10-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Um what the nugget! Ive spent 50$in a month grinding and your telling me I'ma have to do it again soon?

Whirlzap
10-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Now I feel sorry for everyone who spent a bunch on glyph.
Where vengeance takes its revenge.
I can't say how many times people have gone to me, "haha u noob go get glyph gear cuz u suck at pvp"
Apparently I can also not remember how many times I have said, "Dude dont buy glyph gear, Mount Fang wkll be out soon with better gear!"
And with the 61 Shield out along with the CRAFTED SETS, we can be sure there isnt anything better for level 61, so it is obviously going to be 66.

WoundedEagle
10-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Wound, how many worthless posts do you have on mount fang and halloween, I can't keep count I'm seriously getting annoyed you post to many threads on one topic....
It's a thread not a post, thanks. And, two completely different subjects as there are TWO different threads. And, they are about the Hottest Topics Flaring right now. Thanks,
-WE

Whirlzap
10-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Rofl he just has a lot of info ok?
Honestly everyone can say he posts alot but his isnt post raising becuase he ACTUALLY has information that is useful+helpful to the community.
Showing a picture of asommers raising the level cap will obviously make people rush to 61, and that means more experinced players for the game.
The halloween thing is more of a celebration, which shows several milestones in the PL history, perhaps being brought back soon.

And also, no posts are worthless unless they are like:

QBEHKAJFNSKKFKSKFKEKR PIEPIEPIE AKJFJAMMFKAOFNMAKIDKSKS
WHAT THE TURTLE EAT FISH DIRT PLSUJANNFKAKDKMS

Very crazy example But you get the point.
You simply seem to have a rather jealous tone, can I say?

arischal
10-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Yeah i will be pissed if i don't have at least a month to get my character to 61... I mean im trying to do it without elixers, and need atleast 3 more weeks to hit 61. So i am really hoping for at least a feb 2012 release.

WoundedEagle
10-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Yeah i will be pissed if i don't have at least a month to get my character to 61... I mean im trying to do it without elixers, and need atleast 3 more weeks to hit 61. So i am really hoping for at least a feb 2012 release.
I don't think it is way to soon buddy. He had a very vague, mysterious example. The point of this thread was just to inform people that Mount Fang will be part of the main spine. Most thought it would be an elite dungeon for 55-61 that you would have to pay platinum for. You should have enough time.

Rofl he just has a lot of info ok?
Honestly everyone can say he posts alot but his isnt post raising becuase he ACTUALLY has information that is useful+helpful to the community.
Showing a picture of asommers raising the level cap will obviously make people rush to 61, and that means more experinced players for the game.
The halloween thing is more of a celebration, which shows several milestones in the PL history, perhaps being brought back soon.

And also, no posts are worthless unless they are like:

Very crazy example But you get the point.
You simply seem to have a rather jealous tone, can I say?
WHAT THE TURTLE EAT FISH DIRT.

13lacklegionz
10-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Well, the price of glyphs are going to go DOWN when Mt. Fang comes out. They didn't even have a chance to really stabilize. :concern:

Time to sell my stuff.

13lacklegionz
10-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Not sure how this all works. So should i buy demonic now or save all money for mt fang?

This is totally off-topic, but just wondering: How do you lower someone's reputation? It's not towards you, of course. Just curious.

Thanks!

Gluttony
10-09-2011, 09:45 AM
This is totally off-topic, but just wondering: How do you lower someone's reputation? It's not towards you, of course. Just curious.

Thanks!

When you click the green thumbs up it gives an option to add to a user's rep (I approve) or subtract (I disapprove); it's not the best system but once you know it then you're set. Guess showing a big red thumbs down is a bit too negative, so it's hidden in there.

WoundedEagle
10-09-2011, 09:46 AM

Thanks!
Sounds a bit devious... Click the Thumbs Up and Hit Disapprove....
EDIT: Ninja'd :P

Buddyf97
10-09-2011, 10:29 AM
So according to Asommers himself, Mount Fang will bump the level cap to 66!

No date has been given, just 'Before 2014' I suppose not soon!

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/Woundedeagle2/9034c954.jpg
Good Times!!! You took it before he said his "guesstimation" xD
Also, be expecting pink antennas to raise awareness!!!

WoundedEagle
10-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Good Times!!! You took it before he said his "guesstimation" xD
Also, be expecting pink antennas to raise awareness!!!
Can I get a woot, woot! I didn't want to tell about the Pink Antennas, figured I would someone else since I always steal the news thunder.

Buddyf97
10-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Can I get a woot, woot! I didn't want to tell about the Pink Antennas, figured I would someone else since I always steal the news thunder.
I'm gonna het a thread started now!

Spekticle
10-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Yes! So pumped. I hated how all the items for Str looks. :-p

Mageprodigy
10-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I hope the pink antennas gonna be an event!

Zeus
10-09-2011, 12:34 PM

This is a useless post, along with my post that I just posted.

arischal
10-09-2011, 03:36 PM
OK thanks wounded eagle!

RedRyder
10-09-2011, 04:46 PM
we could have 10x elixirs by 2014...................and 100 levels possible at this rate................................

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. When they release a new level of elixirs, the experience needed/gained per kill increases/decreases. We got 2xp per kill in sewers w.o elixirs, but in nuri's we only got 1xp

Josephjackson
10-09-2011, 05:06 PM
I certainly would like to see rude posts not posted...

Anyhow, I think this remark from assomers should give more detail. I too plan to reach 61 (hopefull on bear mage and bird) with only daily elixirs and possibly a few xp elixirs. If my focus should be one character only, id like to know this.

These elite item bonuses are more important to me than the best gear... id just like to know how I should set my pl goals.

RedRyder
10-09-2011, 05:09 PM
I certainly would like to see rude posts not posted...

Anyhow, I think this remark from assomers should give more detail. I too plan to reach 61 (hopefull on bear mage and bird) with only daily elixirs and possibly a few xp elixirs. If my focus should be one character only, id like to know this.

These elite item bonuses are more important to me than the best gear... id just like to know how I should set my pl goals.

Did you get the crown of persistence before?

Darkfader
10-09-2011, 07:22 PM
It would be nice to get from devs even rough estimate when this campaign will be released/ready. I just made my bird to 60 and now wondering should I try it to 61 or not(without elixirs as I always do).

Blind
10-10-2011, 05:48 AM
Screw saving gold, just blew 9 mil on a demonic dex set. I wanna enjoy the game to the fullest, and using melodic stuff isn't much fun.

NECROREAPER
10-10-2011, 05:57 AM
That's the spirit.

It's a game guys, its supposed to be fun. If you're worried about anything else other than having fun, you're not playing the game correctly.

Lulz

JaytB
10-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Screw saving gold, just blew 9 mil on a demonic dex set. I wanna enjoy the game to the fullest, and using melodic stuff isn't much fun.

Although we don't always agree, I do agree with you on this. It's just like the people who are always postponing to buy a laptop/desktop, because there's always something new around the corner. In the end, they never buy one and are complaining how their laptop/desktop is so slow. Gold can be made again, and going from past PL experiences, it will probably take quite a while before mount fang will even be announced. And even when it does, delays aren't anything uncommon either.

Personally, I want to enjoy the game and gear now, and if prices fall, at least I had loads of fun with that gear :)