View Full Version : ....

Jespo
10-08-2011, 11:40 PM
It's really my fault but some guy asked me for 20k and in return he would buy me 75 plat. At first I wasn't sure but he kept insisting. So of course I did it and he stole my account -.-' it is my fault but I don't care I guess. That's the end of PL for me. Just thought I'd share.

Zeus
10-08-2011, 11:41 PM
It's really my fault but some guy asked me for 20k and in return he would buy me 75 plat. At first I wasn't sure but he kept insisting. So of course I did it and he stole my account -.-' it is my fault but I don't care I guess. That's the end of PL for me. Just thought I'd share.

Wait, what? PM me what happened, Jesus?

Necrobane
10-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Feeling the need to quote Beardedbear......

RedRyder
10-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Surely you jest

Cascade
10-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Woah. Thought you were smarter than that. Are you being serious?

RedRyder
10-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Woah. Thought you were smarter than that. Are you being serious?

I'm almost sure he is joking

WoundedEagle
10-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Ohmigawsh. :,(

Jespo
10-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Nah im being pretty serious guys. It is my fault i fell for it. Devs wont do anything its my loss.

Zeus
10-08-2011, 11:55 PM
He isn't joking, unfortunately. :(

Jesus :(. Did you email support at least?

Conradin
10-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Well, you gave it a good run jespo. Weve had a ton of great runs/times together and i am proud to have served under you in AEO. If you restsrt a char- and nee help getting on your feet, pm me and ill help you as much as i can.

RedRyder
10-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Aw man... At least get the guy banned before he continues to do this to anyone else.

And keep in mind... If you use the same email for SL.. He got that one too

Gaddy
10-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Ouch. That sux. The old saying: "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is" sounds appropriate here.

Sorry to lose you to a scam, buddy.

Artemis
10-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Jesus! If you want to make a new acc i will happily give you my fury.

Trollee
10-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Wow. I have seen people in game saying these sorts of things.

Sorry that this happened. But as Conradin said, if you do restart and make a new char then add me, I'll help you out too =].

Jespo
10-09-2011, 12:14 AM
I cant make a new character because my account is binded to my device. My account was stolen so i cant play PL at all.

WoundedEagle
10-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Jesus! If you want to make a new acc i will happily give you my furryyy
There's something wrong with this picture lol.

NECROREAPER
10-09-2011, 12:18 AM
If you ever somehow can get back into PL, don't ever hesiitate to ask me for help if you need it bud. Sorry for the loss, but what that guy can't ever take away from you is your friends; we'll always be here for you.

Artemis
10-09-2011, 12:18 AM
There's something wrong with this picture lol.

god sorry you lil perfectionist whenever i think your going to read a post, ill use correct spelling. :P

WoundedEagle
10-09-2011, 12:20 AM
god sorry you lil perfectionist whenever i think your going to read a post, ill use correct spelling. :P
I was referring to the fury (Winks at sword in shield) if not in use I could us the sword and shield for ma Str bird o.O

Zeus
10-09-2011, 12:22 AM
God, sorry you lil' perfectionist. Whenever I think you're going to read a post, I'll use correct spelling. :P

Fixed.

NECROREAPER
10-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Oh my Parth...

Zeus
10-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Oh my Parth...

I did it just to spite Lyric. I can't wait to see her response. :)

Conradin
10-09-2011, 12:31 AM
I cant make a new character because my account is binded to my device. My account was stolen so i cant play PL at all.

Confused jesp- why cant you make a new account- it lets me make a new one on my ipod?

Zeus
10-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Confused jesp- why cant you make a new account- it lets me make a new one on my ipod?

I think what he means is that because his account got stolen, STS banned his account for safety measures. The way bans work is that any device the account logged in on gets banned as well. Until this is sorted out, that is why he is crippled.

Otukura
10-09-2011, 12:37 AM
I think you have to use an unregistered account, and then go to My Account to register one.

edit: Parth probably got it.

Jespo
10-09-2011, 12:41 AM
guys my acc and device are binded together. Since my account is pretty much lost i cant make another one on my device because like i said the acc and device are binded.

Cahaun
10-09-2011, 12:43 AM
I hate scammers...

Otukura
10-09-2011, 12:46 AM
guys my acc and device are binded together. Since my account is pretty much lost i cant make another one on my device because like i said the acc and device are binded.

I'm able to create a new account on my device.

Jespo
10-09-2011, 12:48 AM
But otu, im sure that your acc and device are not binded together.

Otukura
10-09-2011, 12:52 AM
But otu, im sure that your acc and device are not binded together.

What do you mean binded?

Jespo
10-09-2011, 12:56 AM
I probably put it wrong. my acc and device are bound together.

Otukura
10-09-2011, 12:57 AM
I probably put it wrong. my acc and device are bound together.But how are they bound?!?!

Jespo
10-09-2011, 12:59 AM
i had gotten into a situation a while ago and it resulted in the devs binding them together.

Sassinya
10-09-2011, 12:59 AM
I hope they sort it all out soon. If they do and you want to restart PM me here, I don't play PL much anymore so I'll give ya some gear and cash to get going again. Maybe if you report it to devs they can unbind your device!

Lowlyspy
10-09-2011, 01:00 AM
Aww dang man, friggin account thieves. Sorry to hear about ur misfortune. Im certain that once the devs figure it all out they will unban ur device so you can make a new account. They ban the account and the IP of your device seperately and i believe they can keep your stolen account banned and allow your device to make a new account.

Hope everything works out and the perp gets caught.

EDIT: aww they're tied together?? Dang dude...

Otukura
10-09-2011, 01:01 AM
i had gotten into a situation a while ago and it resulted in the devs binding them together.

If its bound to your device, how did he hack it?

Gluttony
10-09-2011, 01:03 AM
If its bound to your device, how did he hack it?

My thoughts exactly. I'm wondering if it's more his device cannot accept any other accounts (registered or otherwise), but the account itself can be accessed via any device.

Jespo
10-09-2011, 01:05 AM
He changed the email because its really the email thats locked to the device. so He put his email on my acc and took it. Since my current email is locked to my device it just wont let me register that email with another acc. So i cant play pl.

Otukura
10-09-2011, 01:07 AM
He changed the email because its really the email thats locked to the device. so He put his email on my acc and took it. Since my current email is locked to my device it just wont let me register that email with another acc. So i cant play pl.

How can he change the email without logging on? I didn't know you could.

Jespo
10-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Im sure that he planned ahead and had a email address that he made just to use for the swap to be possible. Idk if you get what im saying but i sure do. lol

Gluttony
10-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Im sure that he planned ahead and had a email address that he made just to use for the swap to be possible. Idk if you get what im saying but i sure do. lol

Are you saying he took your PL account and linked it to a seperate email account of his choosing, basically removing your email from the account?

Jespo
10-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Are you saying he took your PL account and linked it to a seperate email account of his choosing, basically removing your email from the account?

Yes this is what im saying.

Artemis
10-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Fixed.

PARTHOLEMEW LEE KAPUR do not correct me lol

NECROREAPER
10-09-2011, 02:03 AM
PARTHOLEMEW LEE KAPUR do not correct me lol

Funniest thing I've heard all day.

He has a new permanent name with me now!!!!

thequickone
10-09-2011, 03:01 AM
This is terrible news! :(

OK, I've never run with you, and I'm pretty sure we're not friends in-game, but I can't stand to see this happening. There has to be something that can be done to recover your account! I know it happened on a Saturday, so you'll have to wait till Monday or Tuesday (not sure if STS is taking the holiday off), but I have to think at least something can be done...

I'm sorry to say this, but it really sounds like you're lying down and giving up. I understand you are upset, anyone would be if something so horrible happened to them. But look at the support you're getting. Your friends care about you! If you won't fight for yourself, fight for them! They want to see you in the game again.

I understand the ban, and the linking of account and device. For those that are not aware; if you get banned, your device is also locked out so you cannot just create another account and continue what got you banned in the first place.

However, this sounds like something STS could resolve. You broke the TOS by giving out your email and password, but did not do anything malicious. You got scammed. Just like any other ban, they could research your account, see that someone else logged in and changed your credentials, and restore you to the point before this all happened. Everyone makes mistakes. STS knows that. You may have to beg and plead, but I believe STS would choose to support you rather than the person that took advantage of you. Besides, it sounds like you have been playing for a while, and have a group of close friends that are also veteran players. I doubt STS wants to see you go!

My advice; sleep on it for now. Come the work week, be prepared to fight for your account! Hopefully, I'll see you in-game sometime soon. :)

apocketlegend
10-09-2011, 08:11 AM

apocketlegend
10-09-2011, 08:13 AM
I fell into this same trap at Halloween time with my 50 bear....my account was never recovered and STS ignored me

im4broke
10-09-2011, 08:16 AM
A person pm'ed me in game also asking 15k and would put 75 plat on my account...I immediately reported him/her. Seems the name started with "Extreme..." a mage. Hope this helps catch the person.

Onaraasider
10-09-2011, 08:40 AM
i had gotten into a situation a while ago and it resulted in the devs binding them together. use an unregistered account

Onaraasider
10-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Yes this is what im saying.What is his name

WoundedEagle
10-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Fixed.

A person pm'ed me in game also asking 15k and would put 75 plat on my account...I immediately reported him/her. Seems the name started with "Extreme..." a mage. Hope this helps catch the person.
Uhm.... Extrembeats?

Whirlzap
10-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Jespo I'm not trying to be mean but, you didn't really play much:/

And here's what I will say:
I woke up today and receive a message to host a party for Roasty.
I click the Mount Fang News and have an urge to get to Level 61.
Surprise.
I click the ... Thread and now I am shocked beyond words.
SurpriseX1000.

I'll be on the lookouts for that guy and try to find out who he is.

And remember, NEVER TAKE A DEAL IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD

Whirlzap
10-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Oh yeah, and this;

Jespo, you've been a great friend! From those times we rushed peoples in PVP and went around spamming S>Torches in CS or whatever to the times we sat around doing nothing on BLACKSTAR.
And then the guild. I was kind of afraid of you at first, but AEO took me in and I'm pretty fine now.
It's funny how one thing changes in such a short period of time now, isn't t?
And how it just disappears?
R.I.P Jespo, if he cannot recover.

Nick41324
10-09-2011, 09:10 AM
My friend lost his account the same way, if you email support on the email address that was lost, they can recover it for you

Ayc2000
10-09-2011, 11:09 AM
If the email cannot be used on your device, can't you just make a new email? Or does your device only take that one email? :(

Leli
10-09-2011, 11:26 AM
U gave a guy 20k for plat? if u ddnt want to and he kept insisting it u shouldve used ur best friend, the ignore button

JaytB
10-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Wow! Shocking!

Only thing you can do really, is mail the devs (as you probably already did), and hope they can recover anything.

I wish you all the luck :(

Zeus
10-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Jespo I'm not trying to be mean but, you didn't really play much:/

And here's what I will say:
I woke up today and receive a message to host a party for Roasty.
I click the Mount Fang News and have an urge to get to Level 61.
Surprise.
I click the ... Thread and now I am shocked beyond words.
SurpriseX1000.

I'll be on the lookouts for that guy and try to find out who he is.

And remember, NEVER TAKE A DEAL IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD

How does him not playing frequently have anything to do with it? There was a time period when he played frequently, now due to his personal life, he can't. I don't know why you would judge him for it.

Nick41324
10-09-2011, 11:59 AM
They (I guess) can see what you email was before they changed it, and they change the email back and reset your pass to something they will give you in a email.
Best of luck :)

Conradin
10-09-2011, 12:01 PM
You can always pull a twinktastic and make 8 new accounts...

God I miss TT.

Jespo
10-09-2011, 02:08 PM
I can't make a new acc con.. And yes everyone his name was "extremebeats". I already sent an email to the devs. Hopefully something does work out.

thedream
10-09-2011, 05:21 PM
I can't make a new acc con.. And yes everyone his name was "extremebeats". I already sent an email to the devs. Hopefully something does work out. interesting someone by the name extremebets ask me if i wanted plat today and i reported wonder if it was his alt

Cahaun
10-09-2011, 08:29 PM
If you restart feel free to friend Santa Abe! He is lvl 11 so far but we can work together. I will supplie you on your way of recover. :)

WoundedEagle
10-09-2011, 11:43 PM
I saved you Jespo. I got your account back :) Oh god I am scared of being in trouble. PARTY***

Jespo
10-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Wounded, I can't thank you enough for getting my acc back!! It was very thoughtful of you. I'm glad to have a friend like you and MANY others in the community :)

Thank you everyone who tried helping out :)

JaytB
10-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Happy to hear this got solved! Great news indeed :D

13lacklegionz
10-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Wounded, I can't thank you enough for getting my acc back!! It was very thoughtful of you. I'm glad to have a friend like you and MANY others in the community :)

Thank you everyone who tried helping out :)

Wounded, you just made every GoA groan. Now EVERYONE will be asking GoAs for help if something bad happens to them. Jks! :D

Anyways, so glad to hear that! I wish I could see your expression when you managed to log on to PL. A beauty!

Now, maybe for chickenrunnn...

How did you do it, wounded?!?

WoundedEagle
10-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Wounded, you just made every GoA groan. Now EVERYONE will be asking GoAs for help if something bad happens to them. Jks! :D

Anyways, so glad to hear that! I wish I could see your expression when you managed to log on to PL. A beauty!

Now, maybe for chickenrunnn...

How did you do it, wounded?!?
I tried for chicken, but I can't play now... Let things uncover and we will see how the even turns

Chiuey
10-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Congratulations for getting your account back :P

Space Times Studios forum community seem to be better than other MMORPG I have played. Nice ^_^

DanielRH
10-10-2011, 03:46 PM
YAY Jespo! Your back ;)

Great job wounded!!! i Pmed u... not sure if it still matters tho...

RedRyder
10-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Was everything still intact?

AdinoEznite
10-10-2011, 04:05 PM
I tried for chicken, but I can't play now... Let things uncover and we will see how the even turns
wait what happened?
you cant play now?

WoundedEagle
10-10-2011, 04:08 PM
It was all gone. We can try to help him from his shambles

thequickone
10-10-2011, 04:24 PM
It was all gone. We can try to help him from his shambles
Wound, you are a life-saver! Well, an account-saver, anyway... I wish I could have been the fly-on-the-wall for your conversation with the scammer! Or did you talk with STS? Please do not feel you have to discuss your methods if you don't want to. Just curious... :confused:

The important thing is Jespo got his account back, stripped or not. His characters will still be at the same levels (unless they were deleted!), and now we can all help him get back on his feet.

I would be happy to donate to the cause! I don't really play PL any more (I'm an SL fiend), so let me know by PM here if you need the help!