PDA

View Full Version : Let there be (more) light

ilhanna
04-05-2017, 04:28 PM

So the balance is skewed in favor of the Dark Apostle. I wonder why that is. Which did you choose to be and why?

Chocolaty
04-05-2017, 04:33 PM
The Dark side has cakes,cookies,and icecream.

Sakurahb
04-05-2017, 05:38 PM
Because people like to be evil ...

Jk.

I choose dark because at start I was told
"luminous are for defense and darks are the aggressive ones".
I am a rogue so obviously aggressive and for a fact there's a lot more rogues than warriors which would be defensive and mages are free to choose whatever they want I guess.
So that might be the reason I don't know, just something that came to my mind. (:

That might doesn't mean anything but kind of made sense for me so that's why I choose that and I Actually like it especially because of the bombs that stun and I'm always using them on some situations which is somewhat helpful .

Sent from my GT-I8200L using Tapatalk

Fyrce
04-05-2017, 06:50 PM
Is there still a difference going dark or light? I also thought dark was attack, but ive heard since then that there is no difference. If there is no difference, i plan on going Light, even though it will take me awhile. My hands started acting up again, so i need to limit my play time.

Chocolaty
04-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Is there still a difference going dark or light? I also thought dark was attack, but ive heard since then that there is no difference. If there is no difference, i plan on going Light, even though it will take me awhile. My hands started acting up again, so i need to limit my play time.

This will tell you the difference in the both in perfect detail. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?374330-Expansion-Preview-Arlorian-Twilight

Suentous PO
04-05-2017, 07:00 PM
I wanted to go dark initially for the reasons Sakurahb mentioned, but that didn't happen.
So I decided to run a RNG experiment & said I would go whatever side I got more powder for, ending when i got to 110k pts.
In theory it should have been close.
But,
it was never light, not once.

"And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
-F.N.
XD

Fyrce
04-05-2017, 09:12 PM
To the person w the link: same ole same ole and counter to what i have heard.

Suen came up with a great reason. I have also heard that dark quests are easier. I will examine the sides more closely before I choose, but I can see why the dark side is much more popular.

ilhanna
04-05-2017, 09:14 PM
Because people like to be evil ...

Jk.

I choose dark because at start I was told
"luminous are for defense and darks are the aggressive ones".
I am a rogue so obviously aggressive and for a fact there's a lot more rogues than warriors which would be defensive and mages are free to choose whatever they want I guess.
So that might be the reason I don't know, just something that came to my mind. (:

That might doesn't mean anything but kind of made sense for me so that's why I choose that and I Actually like it especially because of the bombs that stun and I'm always using them on some situations which is somewhat helpful .

Sent from my GT-I8200L using Tapatalk

True, I go dark as well, myself. But I'm curious as to why some warriors choose to go dark and at least two rogues I know are taking the light path.

lie$
04-05-2017, 09:54 PM
lol i would have never noticed this

DarrenPR
04-06-2017, 01:17 AM
There was a preconceived notion that you choosing light or dark would have an effect in the game as to what you would be able to do (assumption meaning dark attunement would be a dmg increase, light attunement a healing proc). As we've found out in time, that idea was incorrect. People have figured out that the light quest takes more time to complete than the dark one, so my guess is people just want the easier, less time consuming questline at this point.

Abuze
04-06-2017, 03:49 AM
There was a preconceived notion that you choosing light or dark would have an effect in the game as to what you would be able to do (assumption meaning dark attunement would be a dmg increase, light attunement a healing proc). As we've found out in time, that idea was incorrect. People have figured out that the light quest takes more time to complete than the dark one, so my guess is people just want the easier, less time consuming questline at this point.

+ if you compare the bombs of each side, the dark bombs are way better compared to the utterly useless light bombs. IMO the light bombs should give +armor and the heal should be greatly buffed.
Personally I went light side for the armor. I'm a glint set stun dags user in mau runs, so I find that survivability suits me better thn damage.
And as darren said the light quest takes wayy more time. Especially for rogues and mage who don't often get the chance to break urns or be close when it gets broken.

Kairihearts
04-06-2017, 10:18 AM
The halo is still useless ofc nothing has been propley done to make it visible just looks like a plate on your head.....

Dark apostle i believe give more damage thats why its so unbalanced

But light of course allows you to craft voice armour i think?

Alwarez
04-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Rogues go defensive since all they do in maus 5-6 is spamming dragon blades proc for crowd control so their damage doesn't matter since mage with dragon staff wrecks the boss, and mage with anything else wrecks mobs

runagain
04-06-2017, 02:44 PM
I choose Light because almost everyone I knew went to Dark nd all said Light side was hard. I went for the advantage en choose Light side =)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk