PDA

View Full Version : Nothing new for pocket legends?

Flickz
10-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Pocket legends is one of the best games out but im starting to lose interest because of a few things.

Mt fang is now coming with a level cap raise and will be coming "before 2014" so maybe two years from now?

A halloween campaign hasn't been announced and there is no proof that there will be one so should people really make new characters to farm holliday items?

I've heard sts games will be on google chrome soon but only sl gets an event for it?

I don't know the details but ive heard everybody got a free vanity is sl like a floating apple icon.

Some people will be getting pink antennes for beast cancer awareness from the devs or we will pay for them on the deal of the day (which i don't think they should do unless the money would actually helping people with breast cancer)

I know i don't have to play sts games and i most likely won't be when skyrim comes out. I just feel like this game is moving kinda slow but i have only been here a few months so maybe its just meant to be like this anyways thats pretty much the end of my rant.

And on the bright side we got a new vanity crown thats only 500 plat that does...

Conradin
10-09-2011, 06:17 PM
First of all the before 2014 thing was a joke- and PL will have a hallween event and christmas event coming up. (Samhayne said the hallween event will be later this month{duh}) Sl and PL are totally differnt and different thing happen between them. The pink antenase haven't even been made yet. Also the newest campaign, nuris hallows is only a month old.

Flickz
10-09-2011, 06:23 PM
What content does nuris have tho? Like i said i havn't been around that long but didn't they have a seven month period of time before nuris was released? I mean yeah it is a month old but it takes less then 30 minutes to finish the story line. But i guess we can always farm..

Nick41324
10-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Pocket legends is one of the best games out but im starting to lose interest because of a few things.

Mt fang is now coming with a level cap raise and will be coming "before 2014" so maybe two years from now?

A halloween campaign hasn't been announced and there is no proof that there will be one so should people really make new characters to farm holliday items?

I've heard sts games will be on google chrome soon but only sl gets an event for it?

I don't know the details but ive heard everybody got a free vanity is sl like a floating apple icon.

Some people will be getting pink antennes for beast cancer awareness from the devs or we will pay for them on the deal of the day (which i don't think they should do unless the money would actually helping people with breast cancer)

I know i don't have to play sts games and i most likely won't be when skyrim comes out. I just feel like this game is moving kinda slow but i have only been here a few months so maybe its just meant to be like this anyways thats pretty much the end of my rant.

And on the bright side we got a new vanity crown thats only 500 plat that does...
Ever think that MAYBE there haven't been as many updates because they are working on a 'kick butt' Halloween celebration?!?

darkfussion
10-09-2011, 06:25 PM
These things take time...

McBain
10-09-2011, 06:33 PM
What content does nuris have tho? Like i said i havn't been around that long but didn't they have a seven month period of time before nuris was released? I mean yeah it is a month old but it takes less then 30 minutes to finish the story line. But i guess we can always farm..

Among other things, there are some pretty awesome pink sets that take a lot of work to acquire. Or a butt ton of gold.

13lacklegionz
10-09-2011, 06:38 PM

Who really cares about the story line? The glyph gear looks great and works great, especially demonic, and PVP is a whole new place. Also, if you don't want to do that, do these other stuff: Competitions with your friends (with prizes as an incentive), make money (get that good feeling when you farmed a good pink or got a very good deal off merchanting), or do challenges (Ex: How many vyxnaars can you get to follow you at on time? Took that idea from someone else, though I forget which thread it was; they got around 10 vyxnaars).

At first, when I was lvl 30, PL became very boring to me. I realized that it didn't have many different things to do like computer MMOs (Ex: Runescape has MANY other things besides fighting). It only had fighting in it. So, I quit. When summer came around, I got bored and played PL again, and got totally hooked. I don't know why.

Take this as a question to answer: What content did Balefort Sewers have? (Actually nevermind, just realized it has a HUGE storyline...)

Well, good luck anyways..

Gluttony
10-09-2011, 06:40 PM

All the campaigns take a short time to complete, that's the way the game is designed. It's not an large epic environment they takes hours to get across a river or over a hill, it's a small series of dungeons that link together with mini bosses and bosses. If you don't like that dynamic asking for more content isn't going to do a thing for you.

As it was said, Nuri's is only a month old and if you have already leveled your toon to 61, got your hands on a glyph and demonic set and are still itching for more then I understand your issue since I was there about a month after Balefort sewers. If you've yet to complete those tasks them you should give them a try or create a new toon and start from scratch, bottom line if you don't like the set-up nothing the devs are going to do is goin to quench your appetite for more.

RedRyder
10-09-2011, 06:43 PM
• the devs practice humor a lot. It was pretty much a "I don't want to give a real answer" type of answer

• later this month dude. Just wait. Last Halloween wasn't really announced till less than halfway through the month, and released shortly after

• PL gets holiday based events, I doubt SL gets that treatment. They're two different games, so they don't have to have the same events going on. It'd really show a lack of creativity on the devs parts, and they've proven to go over the top with events

• the floating apple was to show respect to Steve jobs Ex CEO and cofounder of Apple, who passed earlier this week. You can still obtain then from an npc in the USC blackstar for free anytime.

• the antenna's have yet to be made and no one knows anything about it in terms of pricing and how to obtain them. Anyone would be able to get them.

• nuri's been out a month and you want more content already? They have star legends to work on too and the upcoming dark legends. There's a lot of content across all STS games. It's as you said, you don't have to play PL, take a break and come back whenever you want, if you want to.

Matutd
10-09-2011, 06:51 PM
(Ex: How many vyxnaars can you get to follow you at on time? Took that idea from someone else, though I forget which thread it was; they got around 10 vyxnaars)

Haha that was me, eyesharp and hankomachos, and I gotta admit I really did have fun whilst doing it :) u just have to make the game more fun. Make friends, find a good friendly guild and do runs with them to make the grind seem, well... Less of a grind and more fun :D

Flickz
10-09-2011, 06:54 PM
As a responce to everbody, i know. Im just gonna look forward to playing battefield 3 and skyrim for games

Gluttony
10-09-2011, 06:58 PM
• the floating apple was to show respect to Steve jobs Ex CEO and cofounder of Apple, who passed earlier this week. You can still obtain then from an npc in the USC blackstar for free anytime.

Sadly, NPC Sgt. Jackson has left the building. The item isn't obtainable via him anymore, but they may bring it back via daily deal, never know.

RedRyder
10-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Sadly, NPC Sgt. Jackson has left the building. The item isn't obtainable via him anymore, but they may bring it back via daily deal, never know.

Aww thanks I didnt know :/ I got mine at least... RIP Steve jobs.

Whirlzap
10-09-2011, 07:18 PM
No, they wouldn't.
If they brought it back, I would quit.
It would show disrespect and that is never matched by a few extra bucks.

On topic,
Sad to say, I am also getting bored with PL. Just no more new concepts that seem to interest me.
But these bored lapses happen sometimes. Just keep playing and you will discover fun again.

apocketlegend
10-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Flictz the doors right there... If your going to be grumpy, impatient, and rude... Maybe PLs not for you! I had to really control myself not to cuss you out...

Flickz
10-09-2011, 07:48 PM
What was rude? Me wanting to see a story in a game? Lol im not gonna get all worked up about it like you cause its a game, maybe you should see a psychiatrist or something it sounds like you have some issues

Skeletonlord
10-09-2011, 07:56 PM
This isn't what STS is about arguing all Flicks is saying is he doesnt like pl there is no problem with that

DJMdivine
10-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I got my R.I.P. Vanity. After reading this I hope they bring it back next year the day they released it this year in his honour. Thanks for the idea! ^.^

apocketlegend
10-09-2011, 09:24 PM
What was rude? Me wanting to see a story in a game? Lol im not gonna get all worked up about it like you cause its a game, maybe you should see a psychiatrist or something it sounds like you have some issues
My only issue is you. How old are you 12? You sure act like it.

Flickz
10-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Im 19? How am i "acting" you the one being immature trying to fight with someone over their opinion on a video game. Like i said you might want to see a psychiatrist.

Aikiebo
10-10-2011, 01:20 AM
Flictz the doors right there... If your going to be grumpy, impatient, and rude... Maybe PLs not for you! I had to really control myself not to cuss you out...

You got issues - serious issues. While I don't share everyone of op's concerns/opinions, he said what he wanted to say in very polite and adult way. The only one being grumpy, impatient and rude is you. Acting like this cuz someone is expressing the same ideas that many have. Cuz they talking about maybe taking a break from a video game. You got issues.

Hankomachos
10-10-2011, 01:37 AM
In before the lock!!

Hankomachos
10-10-2011, 01:41 AM
Oh and BTW there's never nothing to do in PL. :D level your main, alts, more alts, explore pvp, make a twink, merchant, go fishing in alien oasis pool, get vyxnaars to chase you only til you decide to mangle them all! :D
So... yeah. Redryder pretty much answered everything, haha! ;)

NECROREAPER
10-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Hank...... Double post -_______-

Yeah, I just used that face on you, LOL

Best thing to do in game when there's "nothing " to do: make new friends and reconnect with old ones.

小孩子
10-10-2011, 08:01 AM
No, they wouldn't.
If they brought it back, I would quit.
It would show disrespect and that is never matched by a few extra bucks.

On topic,
Sad to say, I am also getting bored with PL. Just no more new concepts that seem to interest me.
But these bored lapses happen sometimes. Just keep playing and you will discover fun again.

ACTUALLY it would be a good idea to bring them back in a year for free

XghostzX
10-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Listen to what these people have to say up top^^.

As much as i didn't want to do it, try doing quests. It gives you something to do and you make a good amount of gold from it. I guarantee one day they'll make achievements and u can say, "yeah, that's right. I finished all the quests, how you like me now?"

Rare
10-10-2011, 09:24 AM

Isn't that what this game is about? Or any MMO for that matter? I'm no MMO expert, but I would imagine most of the game is played after end game. And I think STS has made content that is sufficiently time consuming to keep it going after you get to that point.

I for one will be very disappointed if there is a lvl cap raise anytime in the near future. For those people that don't juice very often, 100k+ exp is very time consuming to reach. Let alone for multiple characters. I play about 2 hours a day. So here's my math, correct me if I'm wrong.

On average a run through Haunted Symphony will take oooh about 6 minutes we'll say.

~150 mobs (skipping some). So that's around 150 exp every six minutes.

Two hours a day, constantly running... that's:

150 * 20 (two hours at 6 minutes per run) = 3000 xp per day.

That's over a month to get ONE char to 61 without doing much else. And only running in Haunted Symphony. The exp will be less in some of the other maps if you're fighting the boss too.

Hankomachos
10-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Hank...... It's OK that you double posted. And I'm not making that -____- face; instead ill make the :D face!

Yeah, I just used that face on you, LOL

Best thing to do in game when there's "nothing " to do: make new friends and reconnect with old ones.

I'm glad you finally gave up on that crreepy face! ;)

Aikiebo
10-10-2011, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE=Flickz:442123]Pocket legends is one of the best games out but im starting to lost interest because of a few things.

And on the bright side we got a new vanity crown thats only 500 plat that does.../QUOTE]

Just so no one gets the wrong idea, I'm not saying that I am bored with the game -far from it. The fact is, actually, imo, STS is throwing new content at us at a record pace. That is where the fact lies: I have never known a game co. to produce new content at this speed ever.

And not only are we being fed large batches of new content at a record pace, the quality of the content is, imo, beyond compare. And right now I'm not talking about how fun, interesting and exciting the game play is (all tho, it is all those things), I am talking about how tight the code is, the almost total lack of glitches and bugs - especialy compared to games of just a tiny few years ago.

You know how sometimes when new technology comes out it's better to save your money till second generation comes out cuz of all the bugs that will need to be worked out. Well it wasn't too long ago, the same thing could have been said about major expansions and/or new games.

In these STS games, when there is some sort of problem, which hardly ever happens, but when it does, STS is right on it: far quicker and more efficiently than I have EVER seen.

But, the op was expressing a certain amount of frustration that was leading to a certain amount of boredom. His post was absolutely in the realm of what is OK to do on this forum: Perfectly polite and well-worded. But, just like the players who once in awhile post their frustration with the drop rates of certain items, they're not being bad guys, doing anything "wrong", they just need to see the larger picture to see how amazingly lucky we are to have this game.

Let's say you play 20 hours a week. If the only perspective you have is what those 20 hours give ya. If you don't have a broader perspective, a greater overview, then you got a mild case of tunnel vision. If you come on the forums expressing frustrations that can naturally arise from such a situation, you're not a bad guy. You just need a larger oviewview. So, it just might be useful to hear from others who are trying to help broaden your perspective. As long as they, like you, choose to act right.

That is basically what was happening on this thread. A whole bunch of people responded with ideas and such. They were doing this, imo, in order to 1). be supportive and 2). defend a game they love and are highly vested in. Both perfectly natural and fine things to do. Everything was going along fine until someone decided it was time to jump the op. It was unnecessary and inappropriate.

As far as the rest of the concerns in the op, no one knows when Mt. Fang is going live. The idea that Mt. Fang MIGHT not be out till 2014 doesn't bother me in the least. I'm used to playing a video game 14 - 24 hours a day just about every day of the year for 18 months before even getting curious about new content (let alone getting bored and thinking about quitting). It is conjecture to suggest that the dev was joking and/or not wanting to commit publically yet. However, if I wanted to waste my time speculating, I would agree that it is probably going to be implemented a whole lot sooner than 2014.

The memorial and the show of suport for bcam are both beautiful things to do. I don't have strong felings one way or the other about a Halloween thang. And as far as the 500 plat crown goes, I think that piece is amazing. I'm not gonna get it cuz bit broke irl at the present. But, it is an awesome piece. I think they did a great job. I hope the people who get it have huge fun with it. Don't ever worry about haters. And I hope STS makes a ton of money from it.