PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever noticed?

Lowlyspy
10-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Ive been running a lot over the last few days and ive made an observation. For some reason it seems to me that when u get a drop that 3/4 of the time it ends up being for a different class. No im not just saying that, i have acutally done some looking into it.

I ran through the first 4 campaigns just about nonstop yesterday and counted how many class specific items i got through the whole day while running as my engi. The total came out to 456 class specific items in about 6 hours, of that number only 115 of them were engineer items while there were 193 commando items and 145 operative items. If you break that down to a percentage (these are just rough percentages so they may be a little off due to the fact that im doing them in my head, please feel free to correct me on these) you get roughly 29-31% engineer items, 36-40% operative, and 45-49% commando.

Is this a trend between the classes? If i go through and do the same thing again with my operative will i get less operative pieces than the other classes? What about if i use my commando?

Any input on my theory?

ThePvpTwink
10-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Maybe there are more commando items than operative and engineer items?

Lowlyspy
10-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Maybe there are more commando items than operative and engineer items?
No, i have checked, each class has the same amount of items.

Otukura
10-09-2011, 08:24 PM
I never did exact statistics, but when I was leveling my Eng from 1-7, I felt the same way. 3/4 feels like you're being conservative.

javier995
10-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Yes i have noticed the same. Also I've noticed that when i run with:
engi i get more com drops
com i get more op drops
op i get more engi drops
I may be wrong through my observation,but thats how i see it in my runs.

Lowlyspy
10-09-2011, 08:25 PM
com i get more op drops
op i get more engi drops
thats exactly what i was thinking. I bet i can break the system and get TONS of awesome commando drops! :p

javier995
10-09-2011, 08:29 PM
com i get more op drops
op i get more engi drops
thats exactly what i was thinking. I bet i can break the system and get TONS of awesome commando drops! :p

lol go for it :D

Kakatoa91
10-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Yep notice this also with my main op gettin a slight bit more of other class drop while doing long non-stop runs. Yesterday if I remember well on about 400 drops if I count only the class specific drop, had only 3 op greens for 8 greens and 3 purps engi/com. Yellow, I didnt bother to check.

On a simplify formula should be:
kill mob,
Drop no or yes:
No, nothing;
Yes, item class or not:
for each player in range,
Not, roll % for color;
Yes, roll % for color and roll % class.

In other mmo games, the % of getting an other class specific or even opposite gender (hope they wont do this here lol) drop is more obvious.
The devs accentuate this for the economy/ trade. To develop interactions between players.
So its not a theory, devs do this in other games and STS devs probably do the same with their games.

CanonicalKoi
10-10-2011, 08:28 AM
I think there's a whole lot of random involved. My first Op it seemed like it was forever before getting anything it could use (I think I was level 5 or 6 before I go to upgrade from the level 1 flashguns!). The first auto-level Op in contrast, was fully decked out in Op armor and decent flashguns by the end of the Dynastar saga.

flashbackflip
10-10-2011, 12:09 PM
It seems to me all this done for the development of market infrastructure as well as motivation to run more and more levels

Cahaun
10-10-2011, 05:50 PM
I think it encourages giving to those in need. I know because it's what I do. :)

starsavior
10-10-2011, 07:27 PM
I play as a commando and I remember back on numa I never got any sandstorm or a wastelander.