PDA

View Full Version : really annoyed...

antonium
10-10-2011, 08:13 AM
So I've been on sl all night and the past few hours it's been kickin me off everytime I try to join a town so much for the event..... jeez and I've deleted it and re downloaded it numerous times I can't even get off the mainscreen im about to boycott sl lol but seriously everytime there is an event this happens to me and I'm on wifi not a phone

Cabero
10-10-2011, 08:45 AM
I had a similar problem with a low level toon I just ended up deleting it. Can you get on with other toons or just the one?

antonium
10-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Seriously forget sl I might be quitting STS all together because this happens everytime there is an event it won't load any Townes for me I can't even do missions

TANKKAAR
10-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Instead of getting frustrated and quitting you should try contacting support to have this issue resolved. I have been playing PL for over a year and SL since Beta and seen many problems arrise during that time and in all the time not once have the Devs not been able to fix it :)

antonium
10-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Sorry I'm frustrated but every time there is an event this happens to me i guess just bad luck

Kakatoa91
10-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Send a mail to STS devs or while here:

-Get maximum and precise details about the prob.
-Dont forget to put what device u are using, if its android type which version or if u have root it.

Some people or dev may have found a way to your prob.

Hang on man :)

Fac3bon3s
10-10-2011, 09:08 AM
The event has not started yet. So it can not be the issue. What phone are you using? And maybe the phone needs a hard reset. Don't quit though you would be missing out on a fun event here.

antonium
10-10-2011, 09:10 AM
I thought it had started I'm on an itouch using wifi no phone but even though it hasn't started still can't play sl at all

javier995
10-10-2011, 09:16 AM
I had a similar problem with a low level toon I just ended up deleting it. Can you get on with other toons or just the one?

You can have as many as you can buy i think(or i think max is 8-10). I have 5 characters, and I have yet to experience this problem. Also as it was mentioned just email STS support( i believe the email is support(at)spacetime.com
[ replace the (at) with @]
I hope this reply helped you.

EDIT: it's support(at)spacetimestudios.com
[replace (at) with @]

antonium
10-10-2011, 11:47 AM
I sent an email I wonder how long it takes and I'm gonna miss out on the event. Just saw what I said meant to say am I gonna miss out...? sorry came off wrong lol

TANKKAAR
10-10-2011, 11:56 AM
I sent an email I wonder how long it takes and I'm gonna miss out on the event

Dude calm down :) the event will last an entire week and there are so many ways that you can get the jet packs I'm sure you'll be fine.

antonium
10-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Lol I am calm I was just wondering how long it took for other to get replys geez leave me alone tank lol

TANKKAAR
10-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Lol I am calm I was just wondering how long it took for other to get replys geez leave me alone tank lol

I'm just saying man... You've been stressing about this all morning and been nothing but pessimistic! Try looking at the bright side of things :) all I was doing was pointing out the fact that you still have another 6 days... To answer you question about how long it could take it depends on how many issues came up this weekend, due to the fact that it's the first day of the work week I would imagine they are busy trying to assist with all the requests that have been sent in since close of business on Friday night.

Either way good luck

CanonicalKoi
10-10-2011, 02:55 PM
You're on an iPod Touch? Here's a few things to try:
1. You already tried deleting and reloading, yes? If so, have you done a full shutdown? You know the drill, hold the power button down and hit the slider to shut all the way off.
2. Have you tried doing a hard reset of the game? While the game is loading, do the same as above--shut 'er all the way down. Then restart the iPod and restart the game.
3. Are all your push notifications turned off? If not or you're not sure, hit "Settings" and then "Notifications". (I'm not sure if your iPod has that capability or not. I believe the newer ones do, but my older one doesn't.)
4. You're on WiFi--is anyone else sharing it and are they downloading anything bandwidth intensive like streaming video, downloading tunes, downloading movies from Netflix, hitting up YouTube? Either ask them to take a break or wait until things are a little quieter on your router and try the game then.
5. Head into Settings again and verify that "Airplane Mode" didn't get turned on by accident. It happens. :)

ETA: I hadn't loaded SL up on my iPod Touch yet, so I gave it a try and it seems to be working fine. I have an older iPod, though, so if the problem is on STS' end, it might be an issue with a newer iPod. You might want to give them a heads-up on which version you're using if you haven't already done so. I hope something helps and you can get back to playing again. :)

blahggart
10-10-2011, 04:47 PM
I sent an email I wonder how long it takes and I'm gonna miss out on the event. Just saw what I said meant to say am I gonna miss out...? sorry came off wrong lol

i emailed support once, it took about a day or two for them to do something about it, but i emailed them on a weekend at 11p.m. By the time they get to yours the event will still be going on though.

antonium
10-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Thanks everyone that gave me tips I just got home from work and it's working again idk what was up with it but it's working and again thanks :cool:

Slant
10-17-2011, 06:35 AM
Uhh I had the same problem too, its almost always your router or your own network thats the culprit, these are not problems at sts end