PDA

View Full Version : Chrome?

DRONE769
10-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Hey guys, why r the chrome logos on da packs? The event started today and i do not see any forums mentioning chrome. Flip was playing on his PC awhile ago. I really want to play on my computer. Not to be a demanding poophead but do you know when it will be out on chrome if it will be on chrome?

javier995
10-10-2011, 02:01 PM
I heard that Google Chrome is paying STS for the advertisemen. This is why the logos are on the packs. I may be wrong of course, so does anyone know if this is the reason?

IBNobody
10-10-2011, 02:04 PM
I heard that Google Chrome is paying STS for the advertisemen. This is why the logos are on the packs. I may be wrong of course, so does anyone know if this is the reason?

STS is working with Google to put Star Legends on Google Chrome. It's a big thing for STS, as it means more people will be able to play their game(s).

javier995
10-10-2011, 02:06 PM

STS is working with Google to put Star Legends on Google Chrome. It's a big thing for STS, as it means more people will be able to play their game(s).

oic kk ty

BodMaster
10-10-2011, 02:11 PM

Exactly! Think about it.. someone without an Apple or Droid product will still be able to play.. as long as they have a PC with Google Chrome! Alot and I mean alottt! of people will finally make that switch from FireFox to Google Chrome.. someone like me :p, which means is a massive achievement for both STS and Google! Great Job Guys cant wait!

I tried some games out which I was going to post with a few Print Screens (Yup no more worrying about screenshot apps :p), played Angry Birds and Gun Bro's both worked very well much better that I had expected.

Gun Bro's on Desire is a fail, but with this I played until I was level 15 haha.. and got carried away on Angry Birds aswel :p

drewcapu
10-10-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't think people would want to wear a jetpack with an IE logo on it.

BodMaster
10-10-2011, 02:26 PM

LOL!

FluffNStuff
10-10-2011, 02:26 PM

It would be quite unsafe due to the frequent crashes.

Ultros
10-10-2011, 02:49 PM

How clever ... LOOOOOL

Flip
10-10-2011, 03:12 PM

Oh wow, that made me laugh. +1 internets to you!

Skeletonlord
10-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Is this going to be chrome specific?

I don't have chrome, and was wondering if it will be playable in a web browser like windows Internet explorer

So my question is will it be available not on google chrome as well?

DRONE769
10-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Wow flip posted on my thread

SuperNas
10-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Ofc their being paid

SuperNas
10-10-2011, 03:37 PM

All day lol

MimeRifle
10-10-2011, 04:33 PM
lmao @ fluffNstuff!! Very nice! Crashes.... haha!!!!

Samhayne
10-10-2011, 04:36 PM
No, Spacetime isn't being paid, per se - we're partnering with Google to bring our games to the Chrome browser. More details will be coming very soon via official press releases.

DRONE769
10-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Thank you sam!
I really wanted to know and as always, you keep me from blowing up with Curiosity!

The Oncoming Storm
10-10-2011, 05:08 PM
When will this pres release happen per say?

Nourish
10-10-2011, 05:10 PM
I LOVE google chrome! I've used it since it came out (I think 0.o) and love the speed of it :) good choice devs!

razerfingers
10-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Lol before STS brought up the whole google chrome thing i was playing angry birds in google chrome and was lioe how come STS isnt doing this a few weeks later they announce that they trying to lol
EDIT: and you guys cant forget the tablets coming out with chrome OS my dad told me about it :)

Samhayne
10-10-2011, 05:16 PM

As I said above, very soon :)

javier995
10-10-2011, 06:07 PM

As I said above, very soon :)

how soon? before next lvl cap update or after? :)

KingFu
10-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Lol fluff.

FF next?;)

The Oncoming Storm
10-10-2011, 06:20 PM
is there a video feed for the press release???

OrksRache
10-10-2011, 06:33 PM
SL on Browser - oh my god !!! This is gonna be "star Legen"...... wait for it.....

----- DARY !!!

Ghastly
10-10-2011, 06:38 PM
I think it's good we are Doing chrome instead of Internet explorer entirelet because chrome is much more secure and we less have to worry bout hacking and stuff...

flashbackflip
10-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Anyway, these 'chrome' and android stuff is the best in-game marketing i ever seen

Kudos to the devs! They got the point!

Zapoke
10-10-2011, 07:16 PM
So, I guess I need to ask, only Star Legends is going to Chrome? Or will Pocket Legends also be put on it? :confused:

OrksRache
10-11-2011, 02:25 AM
Any news on Release Date yet ???!?!? So impatient !!

Rodvik
10-11-2011, 02:49 AM
I cant wait to play SL on the Comp, would make life so much easier...lol

tearacan
10-11-2011, 03:24 AM
I think it's good we are Doing chrome instead of Internet explorer entirelet because chrome is much more secure and we less have to worry bout hacking and stuff...

Do you mean you're glad chrome can be installed in your data directory, so you don't need admin rights install it and to play SL at work or at school? ;-)
I'm liking the idea to play SL in HD :unconscious:

I wonder how the controls would be and how lag will be an issue (read: solved) in coop, since all none-chrome players play via wifi or 3g and most (laptops excluded) chrome-players play wired.

BodMaster
10-11-2011, 04:40 AM

Androids are based around Google so wouldn't make much sense to even add internet explorer to the equation.. unless there is an IE App Store that I don't know about like Google Chrome? :p the possibility is already in play as you can play many apps on Google Chrome already.. as I mentioned in another post tried out Angry Birds and then Gun Bros and they both run amazingly had no lagg or difficulty with controlling (like I did on phone for Gun bros). Also for games that don't require online features there is an option to turn offline :) (Screen Print FTW!!!)

Necrobane
10-11-2011, 04:41 AM
one question...cross platform? personally I think this is a must, and I don't think their would be much of an advantage if any at all. Being able to use your abilities with your thumbs is really easy and direct. If anything I think it would encourage a generation of skilled players...hope the community remains the same though...

OrksRache
10-11-2011, 04:52 AM
Do you mean you're glad chrome can be installed in your data directory, so you don't need admin rights install it and to play SL at work or at school? ;-)

OH YEAH baby !!

BodMaster
10-11-2011, 05:15 AM
one question...cross platform? personally I think this is a must, and I don't think their would be much of an advantage if any at all. Being able to use your abilities with your thumbs is really easy and direct. If anything I think it would encourage a generation of skilled players...hope the community remains the same though...

Cross platform? Thought that was the whole point of this idea or am I missing something..

PC gamers may even join (if they are into this kinda game).. their feedback would surely only benefit STS therefore the whole community in general right?

MimeRifle
10-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Anyway, these 'chrome' and android stuff is the best in-game marketing i ever seen

Kudos to the devs! They got the point!

Dittos on the kudos (say that three times quickly) and I don't just say that as a fan, but as a businessperson. I work with a few people from google, it is an amazing company. This promo was top notch! After first seeing the logo on the jet packs, I was smiling all day. Seriously cool co op advertising. The game event has a few more dimensions too. Very well done!!

BodMaster
10-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Dittos on the kudos (say that three times quickly) and I don't just say that as a fan, but as a businessperson. I work with a few people from google, it is an amazing company. This promo was top notch! After first seeing the logo on the jet packs, I was smiling all day. Seriously cool co op advertising. The game event has a few more dimensions too. Very well done!!

Off Topic: When I said it fast I ended up saying Suduko out pretty loud in work.. peeople looked** then looked away.. maybe they are a little used to my craziness :p

MimeRifle
10-11-2011, 11:48 AM
If they aren't used to it... you're not as crazy as I thought! :lol:

FluffNStuff
10-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Lol fluff.

FF next?;)

The FireFox JetPack looks really cool and has a ton of add-on features. Unfortunately the weight of all those features cause the player to move 20% slower.

MimeRifle
10-11-2011, 01:59 PM
*rimshot*

Yurimaru
10-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Wow, playing on Chrome from a PC would just simply rock!

Skeletonlord
10-11-2011, 02:33 PM
samhayne said to me there is an official press interview with google chrome and sts coming up soon so they will probably announce then. he didnt say a release date but it will tell us more info about it

FluffNStuff
10-11-2011, 03:09 PM
*rimshot*
I'll be here all night, tip your waitresses :)

MimeRifle
10-11-2011, 05:37 PM
I'll be here all night, tip your waitresses :)

Tip your servers ladies and gents cuz everyone loves servers with big tips!!! *rimshot*