PDA

View Full Version : Do mages need a buff in order to survive in PvP?

You Mad Or Nah
04-29-2017, 06:16 PM
The death rate for mages is incredibly high in PvP. Can't even last 2min without a rouge spawn killing me or 1 combo me.(yes I'm fully jeweled )(or maybe im that bad at pvp)
If Sts says everything is balance already with each character I want to see them play as mage in PvP to see the trouble mages go in order to survive.

What are your thoughts?

Alwarez
04-29-2017, 07:27 PM
My thoughts is they must nerf pvp damage 50% again.

Chocolaty
04-29-2017, 08:09 PM
I honestly believe its specific to the players play style. When im on my mage i last atleast 5x longer than on my rogue, and i have the best gear and jewels on her, unlike my mage that has trash jewels and gear. You got to find your grove your mojo. :smiley_simmons:

will0
04-29-2017, 08:34 PM
oh no u gona rage those warrior / rogues with new thread on buff ..

You Mad Or Nah
04-29-2017, 08:35 PM
oh no u gona rage those warrior / rogues with new thread on buff ..
Let me grab my popcorn first :D

Xinghvn
04-29-2017, 10:01 PM
Its true that mage shield breaks really fast against rogues but its kinda understandable since mages were never designed to go head on head against rogues. They are more of a support class and thats when teamwork comes in relying on other classes to survive. But sts really need to balance pvp throughout all levels regardless of whether they are active or not.

Ocanaasibe
04-29-2017, 10:12 PM
Warrior class=Go frontline , dont die, give cover to other to classes(warrior not meant to kill)
Rogue=Kill with high damaging low cd skills(not meant to survive long without warrior)
Mage=Support class, provide mana and do normal decent damage(not meant to survive too long without warrior but longer then a rogue)
In my opinion the game is already balanced. Just my thoughts though :)
Ign:polymers

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

You Mad Or Nah
04-30-2017, 02:55 AM
Mage shield needs a fix imo

shadowronn
04-30-2017, 08:45 AM
imo mages playing style is too predictable by anyone i mean really?
1)mages charge sheild and dont die for 2 sec
2)mages try to land combo's
3)mages are dead after rogue uses ribbit and this process keeps repeating if both mage and rog are equal skill and gears

You Mad Or Nah
04-30-2017, 09:24 AM
imo mages playing style is too predictable by anyone i mean really?
1)mages charge sheild and dont die for 2 sec
2)mages try to land combo's
3)mages are dead after rogue uses ribbit and this process keeps repeating if both mage and rog are equal skill and gears
Predictable? What other abilities/or skills does a mage have? Let me know
I might have missed them 😛

marsu4u
04-30-2017, 10:40 AM
Lol I've seen mages more tanky than most warriors XD, I say games balance is good but some rogues have insane crits lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Yolomo
04-30-2017, 12:07 PM
Warrior class=Go frontline , dont die, give cover to other to classes(warrior not meant to kill)
Rogue=Kill with high damaging low cd skills(not meant to survive long without warrior)
Mage=Support class, provide mana and do normal decent damage(not meant to survive too long without warrior but longer then a rogue)
In my opinion the game is already balanced. Just my thoughts though :)
Ign:polymers

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk
Pvp is not balanced hat chutiya sala behn ka loda

You Mad Or Nah
04-30-2017, 12:10 PM
Its true that mage shield breaks really fast against rogues but its kinda understandable since mages were never designed to go head on head against rogues. They are more of a support class and thats when teamwork comes in relying on other classes to survive. But sts really need to balance pvp throughout all levels regardless of whether they are active or not.
So we just let Rouges keep farming us mages in PvP?

Redjellydonut
04-30-2017, 12:46 PM
I have a full geared mage and let me tell that mage is not a solo player. Mage class works best in teams so if u dont like being support and hitting hard from behind the tanks and rogues u better switch classes. Maybe try rogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You Mad Or Nah
04-30-2017, 12:49 PM
I have a full geared mage and let me tell that mage is not a solo player. Mage class works best in teams so if u dont like being support and hitting hard from behind the tanks and rogues u better switch classes. Maybe try rogue.

Yea I'm planning on switching to rouge. So I can just spawn kill and 1 combo mages to think I'm pro 😛(kidding)

runagain
04-30-2017, 02:53 PM
I like mage, since cap 41 I've been playing solo and never swapped from Char.. It's hard to play mage with those speedsets and since enchanted eyes are gone it also hard to get perfect ordered stats, but even if u don't have all this, teamplay as Redjellydonut said before is a very good opportunity as a mage. Tho solo is possible. But it Requires lots of practise and patience.

Believe it and you can achieve it!

You Mad Or Nah
04-30-2017, 02:59 PM
I like mage, since cap 41 I've been playing solo and never swapped from Char.. It's hard to play mage with those speedsets and since enchanted eyes are gone it also hard to get perfect ordered stats, but even if u don't have all this, teamplay as Redjellydonut said before is a very good opportunity as a mage. Tho solo is possible. But it Requires lots of practise and patience.

I would like to pvp with you when you get your gear. 😊

runagain
04-30-2017, 03:00 PM
I would like to pvp with you when you get your gear. 😊
I'm working at my gears, I think I'll complete them in 3-4 days.. just have to buy a few more excellent Mind jewels and a Vanity gun hehe.. then I'll be ready =), you'll play at Rogue?:P

Redjellydonut
04-30-2017, 03:01 PM

Hehe exactly when there is teamwork mage can take all the kills. There is always that one op mage that joins and changes everything.

You Mad Or Nah
04-30-2017, 03:07 PM
I will never go to rouge(permanently) doesnt take much skill to play as rouge imo(yes I played as Rouge at cap 61 before)Not trynna hate on rouge but that's the truth

runagain
04-30-2017, 03:19 PM
I will never go to rouge(permanently) doesnt take much skill to play as rouge imo(yes I played as Rouge at cap 61 before)Not trynna hate on rouge but that's the truth
Oki, pm me ingame about it [emoji14]

Hear from ya! :)

Kriticality
04-30-2017, 04:46 PM
It's not balanced at all as a Mage but they shouldn't have a buff dare I say. Maybe balance for next level cap. Even though I'm a Mage I'll be the first to admit we were destroyers at the last level cap. I was consistently beating rogues and tanks in duels and rogues didn't really have a place in pvp. A Mage stack was insanely powerful last cap. Tanks were insanely overpowered the cap before. Ride it out and hope for balance next cap. As far as random teams go mages aren't that bad ATM. In an organized team setting they are fairly weak. Everyone deserves a turn to feel op lol.

You Mad Or Nah
04-30-2017, 04:51 PM
It's not balanced at all as a Mage but they shouldn't have a buff dare I say. Maybe balance for next level cap. Even though I'm a Mage I'll be the first to admit we were destroyers at the last level cap. I was consistently beating rogues and tanks in duels and rogues didn't really have a place in pvp. A Mage stack was insanely powerful last cap. Tanks were insanely overpowered the cap before. Ride it out and hope for balance next cap. As far as random teams go mages aren't that bad ATM. In an organized team setting they are fairly weak. Everyone deserves a turn to feel op lol.

Yea that's true. But what bugs me the most is when pvp players Spawn kill and call themselves pros when in reality they not. Sts says we have a spawn shield but that shield doesn't even work

Joebembo
04-30-2017, 08:23 PM
Its funny how you hardly or never see top players complain about their class needs buffs & what not and that they're paper in pvp. But as soon as a new player gets annoyed at the fact that they aren't really good at that class they run to forums looking for something...

Trading places with finance....

Bmlty
04-30-2017, 08:45 PM
This is true. Mages are bad at this cap. I reached 1k 7 int and 6.3 health with ss and was still dying before i could get into a decent clash. Most rouges or mages don't reach 1k stat or far into the 900's. Rouge can have less than 900 stat and still one shot equipping only exc jewels. This is the only cap I've pvped as mage and rouge so i can't say wheter mage was OP in the cap before or etc. But i can say that this cap isn't for mage pvp wise. Rouge got boring in pvp after being able to one shot other rouges and mages

You Mad Or Nah
04-30-2017, 08:56 PM
Its funny how you hardly or never see top players complain about their class needs buffs & what not and that they're paper in pvp. But as soon as a new player gets annoyed at the fact that they aren't really good at that class they run to forums looking for something...

Trading places with finance....
You don't see "top" Rouges or tanks complaining because they know they don't need anything added to their class.
When you have a chance to play as mage @Cap61 with 10mill plus worth of gear& jewles show me how is done mate. Like I said in the beginning of this thread "or maybe I'm that bad at PvP" I just want feedback from other pvp mages at cap 61

Kriticality
04-30-2017, 10:07 PM
You don't see "top" Rouges or tanks complaining because they know they don't need anything added to their class.
When you have a chance to play as mage @Cap61 with 10mill plus worth of gear& jewles show me how is done mate. Like I said in the beginning of this thread "or maybe I'm that bad at PvP" I just want feedback from other pvp mages at cap 61

That's partially true. I have insane gear and almost always have for rogue and Mage. I think it's more about fairness and realistic expectations. If you check back on forums I was very supportive of a rogue bff last cap and ofc I had fun destroying them. But for the sake of the games progress one should try to be objective about balance. The fire sword or whatever for tanks was god like. Mage stacking last cap was a huge issue. Especially for those of us with ridiculous gear. A rogue should kill a Mage in a duel in my opinion with all gear and jewels equal yet last cap there was less than a handful that could beat me consistently. I was very active on forums about a buff for rogue even though I knew it didn't serve me well. Sometimes we must make sacrifices for the greater good of the game that we enjoy. The last thing we want is a big chunk of players to leave again. By my friends list that's already happened but perhaps it's just a break for some. Mages suck atm. It's not that bad for those of us that are full noble para eye arcane armor and above but it's a noticeable difference from last cap. The crappy part about last cap is I thought sts did a great job for average geared mages. But there was a clearly a problem for maxed geared mages. We ran over everyone. It was similar at 41 cap with rogues as it is now. When arcane ring rogues were rare and basically ate the other players for lunch. I was a rogue then and enjoyed those imbalances and as a Mage I enjoyed them last cap. However I never thought those were particularly fair. The gap between rogue and Mage should resemble the gap between Mage and tank. What you have now is a situation of semi geared rogues hitting one combo after a two second shield and feeling proud about that. Obviously that's silly. The speed set also allows rogues with a much faster skill cool down being able to get kills after a death way before a mages shield can recharge. It basically ends up being a 2 for 1 unless the rogue doesn't know what they are doing.

Again I don't think mages need a buff.. I think they need to suffer for all of the fruits we enjoyed last cap but we all must call a spade a spade. Mages suck ATM at anything other than providing mana. That's why I don't spec heal anymore lol. It ain't gonna keep me alive and let the rogues run out of mana haha.

runagain
04-30-2017, 11:19 PM
This is true. Mages are bad at this cap. I reached 1k 7 int and 6.3 health with ss and was still dying before i could get into a decent clash. Most rouges or mages don't reach 1k stat or far into the 900's. Rouge can have less than 900 stat and still one shot equipping only exc jewels. This is the only cap I've pvped as mage and rouge so i can't say wheter mage was OP in the cap before or etc. But i can say that this cap isn't for mage pvp wise. Rouge got boring in pvp after being able to one shot other rouges and mages
Sorry to say but Gear isn't everything, like Kritality (orso) they r maxed but complain when they are in disadvantage, wake up, complain less nd go practise.. if ur used to play with lowkey gears you'll have advantage this cap if u get some decent ones... Tho nowadays none uses walls or rocks which can be EXTREMELY useful against rogues.. work on that then come back to forums nd lets see if y'all still complain...

And yes I'm a mage player.. my ign is Runagain, feel free to pm me ... Or tt me [emoji14]

will0
04-30-2017, 11:48 PM
stop buffing mana to them they will soon talk the importance of mage class

loyti
05-01-2017, 01:41 AM

This. Mages are supposed to be a support class, with still very viable skills to do multiple kills on enemies. I started PVP just this season so i really have no idea what mages can do seasons before. But in my opinion, mages served its purpose in this game PVP wise. And i personally like it. Being able to support your teammates. I just got my SS fully upgraded and im still finding a way how to use it effectively. But i still want my role in a clash to remain, providing support to your teammates.

shadowronn
05-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Predictable? What other abilities/or skills does a mage have? Let me know
I might have missed them 😛

since u missed the point here lemme clear it up, now there is a mage, he/she charges sheild and rog runs away after some time the rog returns aims,nox's and what not, mage does not have a nekro so he dies, now ur gonna say that the mage has to stun the rog and then combo, yes thats true but problem is everyone knows what the mage is goin to do so umm well rog with skill can aim when the fireball is not charged yes? and something is missing forgot what i was gonna say........

You Mad Or Nah
05-01-2017, 10:04 AM
since u missed the point here lemme clear it up, now there is a mage, he/she charges sheild and rog runs away after some time the rog returns aims,nox's and what not, mage does not have a nekro so he dies, now ur gonna say that the mage has to stun the rog and then combo, yes thats true but problem is everyone knows what the mage is goin to do so umm well rog with skill can aim when the fireball is not charged yes? and something is missing forgot what i was gonna say........
Shield needs Shorter cool down.

Neutrone
05-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Shield needs Shorter cool down.
Mmmm 2 seconds shorter would be nice

You Mad Or Nah
05-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Mmmm 2 seconds shorter would be nice
"Wouldn't that be op"-Rouges and tanks

shadowronn
05-02-2017, 07:28 AM
Okay since rogs do a lot more dmg than us we need to increase our dmg reduction or nerf rog dmg.

Payed
05-02-2017, 08:36 AM
stop buffing mana to them they will soon talk the importance of mage class

Tanks do have venge

Cara
05-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Try to pm a Mage named Wish for tips he kills Rogues in 1vs1 and found a way

He destroys a lot of Rogues even as a Mage which is impossible
Here is is channel alot of Rogues vs him now

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fB7u8Vqwp50

mrm
05-02-2017, 10:30 AM

Lol show me a video of a maxed rogued vs him or her, useing venom set in duel arena as a rogue is sucide so i would say 1.or that video is riged or 2.That rogue needs beter skill

Neutrone
05-02-2017, 11:38 AM

You probably meant this figuratively, but just want to point out too anyone that aspires to play as a mage that is very possible and not as hard as commonly exaggerated in forums.

You Mad Or Nah
05-02-2017, 11:41 AM
Lol show me a video of a maxed rogued vs him or her, useing venom set in duel arena as a rogue is sucide so i would say 1.or that video is riged or 2.That rogue needs beter skill
I've seen yey put in more effort in tdm than in that vid 😛

Cara
05-02-2017, 01:15 PM

Lol idk hes nice guy ask him for advice hes cool

mrm
05-02-2017, 02:02 PM
Lol idk hes nice guy ask him for advice hes cool
Lol i dont need advice how to kill a speed set rogue... In a duel arena just saying that fight was qustonbel(not on pc for spell check)

Cara
05-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Lol i dont need advice how to kill a speed set rogue... In a duel arena just saying that fight was qustonbel(not on pc for spell check)

Its not just that video but his whole channel is about level 61 pvp as a Mage in Duels, Ctf and Tdm aswell as Battlegrounds and he does fine. But hey, whats your ign? :o just wondering :o

mrm
05-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Its not just that video but his whole channel is about level 61 pvp as a Mage in Duels, Ctf and Tdm aswell as Battlegrounds and he does fine. But hey, whats your ign? :o just wondering :o
Pm yours i would be happy to duel you this upcomeing weekend

Bmlty
05-03-2017, 09:26 AM
Sorry to say but Gear isn't everything, like Kritality (orso) they r maxed but complain when they are in disadvantage, wake up, complain less nd go practise.. if ur used to play with lowkey gears you'll have advantage this cap if u get some decent ones... Tho nowadays none uses walls or rocks which can be EXTREMELY useful against rogues.. work on that then come back to forums nd lets see if y'all still complain...

And yes I'm a mage player.. my ign is Runagain, feel free to pm me ... Or tt me [emoji14]

I noticed that you were selling your gear on traders market. I thought you were going to prove that mages were good in pvp with only your excellent jewels? I guess you finally realized that mages suck this pvp cap and it's Xlowkey-

runagain
05-03-2017, 09:30 AM
I noticed that you were selling your gear on traders market. I thought you were going to prove that mages were good in pvp with only your excellent jewels? I guess you finally realized that mages suck this pvp cap and it's Xlowkey-
Nope, a few things a sold which aren't urgent.. I admit idk how to play with the Balanced Gun.. for real I hate the charged swap proc thingy... But no haven't sold everything yet.. nd still playing sometimes =)

Kingofninjas
05-03-2017, 10:24 AM

He won because the rogue is retarded. First, he uses speed set in duel arena. Then he runs out his biggest advantage, aka nekro shield, and then tries to attack, instead of just spamming skills like he was in pve. If a rogue does that, it will be an easy win against most mages.

You Mad Or Nah
05-03-2017, 10:27 AM
He won because the rogue is retarded. First, he uses speed set in duel arena. Then he runs out his biggest advantage, aka nekro shield, and then tries to attack, instead of just spamming skills like he was in pve. If a rogue does that, it will be an easy win against most mages.
Lmao savage

mrm
05-03-2017, 11:24 AM
I could not agree more

You Mad Or Nah
05-03-2017, 11:42 AM
I could not agree more
If he manages to beat truth,yylove, or other top Rouges in a duel I would accept that mages are fine as is.😊

Cara
05-03-2017, 12:06 PM

https://youtu.be/xc6ircGVVCI He does perfectly fine in Clashes aswell and even taunts and plays around with emotes during CTF Clashes if you fast foward to 19:25 in that link. Not sure how much it takes to prove you guys in forums how to play a Mage but this Mage doesnt come here complaining one bit. Maybe you guys need to gear up, find your groove and read skill descriptions, ofc Rogues are made to beat Mages in Duels just like Mages are made to beat Tanks and Tanks are made to beat Rogues specifcally in duels as a class balance then theres the gears and techniques that comes in place. Mages lost a huge amount of crit since the Lv41 Imbued Era and thats what gave Mages a huge advantage back then maybe you guys need to find your groove and you'll be fine. Every class always has a place in Pvp this means in Tdm, Ctf, Battle Grounds and even in Duels with your own little groove. Goodluck and I'm actualy looking foward to the duel and may even post it here Beirban (Mrm). You can pm me when your ready maybe I can make a guide in that duel vs against Mages

You Mad Or Nah
05-03-2017, 12:09 PM
Mage aint that bad tho
https://youtu.be/uofOblNib9w

Hosphin
05-03-2017, 03:36 PM
We need a lot of improvements, we need a bigger duel arena, to avoid speed set rogues to speed up to you and kill u while ur chargin shield, this should help overall players who live far from servers and have higher ping rate.
We need that shield on TDM to protect u on while joing game, cuz it only appear when u die, when u join u got spawn kill.