PDA

View Full Version : can connect without wifi. can't connect with wifi

superjase
10-11-2011, 09:03 AM
i have been playing star legends for a while now using wifi through my router connected to my dsl.

yesterday i started to get an error message when i start the game:

edit: before i see that first error message, i get this one:
"connection lost
you have been disconnected from the server."

"uh oh! the servers are up, but for some reason you can't connect! check our forums for info (http://www.spacetimestudios.com)"

this message appears before anything else (ie the login screen).

when i turn off my phone's wifi, i can connect to star legends as usual. with the wifi on, i can still access the web through other applications. my pc is still accessing the internet through my router.

i am using a samsung galaxy s2 i9100 with litening rom 6.1.

any ideas?

superjase
10-11-2011, 03:36 PM
i juat downloaded PL (using my wifi) and when i open the game i get a screen saying:

"Oh no! The server is currently down for maintenance! Please check our forums and Facebook for more information."

when i load the game with wifi off, it takes me to the login screen... :(

Orcish
10-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Make sure ports 4050-4099 are open on your router. If that still doesn't work it's more then likely an ISP issue.

Edit- If you need more assistence with your router just let me know, I just need to know what brand and model number.

gotrocks420
10-11-2011, 04:22 PM
If PL/SL ever worked on your router before, I'd go in and reset the whole thing. Make sure you do it right! Also, the person before me posted your best piece of advice. If resetting doesnt work go in and open up those ports.

superjase
10-12-2011, 12:04 AM
thanks guys. i don't know where the to find the thanks button, but when i do, there'll be thanks coming your way.

i woke up this morning and the issue seems to have resolved itself while i slept. maybe it was an isp issue...

superjase
10-12-2011, 12:11 AM
aw, shucks! and it's happening again :(

i have a linksys wag200g router. how do i check the ports? as far as i know, none of them are blocked... :/

Skeletonlord
10-12-2011, 12:28 AM
This message came up with me. I think they were updating the client because it happened at the start of the jetpack event
U need to come out of sl and go back in

superjase
10-12-2011, 12:53 AM
This message came up with me. I think they were updating the client because it happened at the start of the jetpack event
U need to come out of sl and go back in

i have come out and gone back in many times! i can go in on 3g no problem. but 3g data is WAY too expensive! i can only really play over my adsl through my router.

i have done a full reset of the router now and that has not helped either.

edit to OP: before i see that first error message, i get this one:
"connection lost
you have been disconnected from the server."

BodMaster
10-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Hmmm.. best bet is giving Orcish a quick PM, sure they will be happy to assist as stated previously and seems pretty 'glued' on the whole subject :D (as they may not see the response).

superjase
10-12-2011, 08:58 AM
and now it's working again... :/

:D

CanonicalKoi
10-12-2011, 09:40 AM
I did a quick check on your router model in Google. It looks there's been a lot of reports in the past of the router randomly disconnecting from the Internet. :/ One possible solution is to make sure you have the latest firmware downloaded for it. For mine, it's a case of click on the router icon and have it check for updates, but I don't know how Linksys has theirs set up. :(

Samhayne
10-12-2011, 11:00 AM
If you can connect via 3G but not on your wifi, the issue is definitely in the chain of your wifi and/or ISP.

superjase
10-13-2011, 04:34 AM
thanks samhayne. i think it may be an isp thing, as the issue has been intermittent for the past day.