PDA

View Full Version : Want to play on PC or smartphone? Spacetime Studios has you covered!

Samhayne
10-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Austin's local newspaper, The Statesman, presents an article about Spacetime Games being available across multiple platforms. Here's a quote:

"Our mission is basically to create a social gaming ecosystem where people play together, regardless of device or location," said Spacetime CEO Gary Gattis.

Not only that, but the upcoming PC version means gamers can play across an ever-widening number of devices.

For instance, someone could get up in the morning, play on a computer, then on their phone while riding a bus to work, an iPad in the office, then continue playing when they return home.

While that might not do much for one's productivity, such synchronicity across a multitude of devices is where the industry is headed, Gattis said.

At least, "I hope so," he said.

"It's certainly something we are banking on. I feel very, very strongly that this ubiquitous gaming is where things are heading," he said.

Click here to read the full article on Statesman.com (http://www.statesman.com/business/technology/want-to-play-on-pc-or-smartphone-new-1906283.html)

Lowlyspy
10-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Does the CEO play Spacetime games too?!

WoundedEagle
10-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Does the CEO play Spacetime games too?!
CEO? Gary Gattis? That is Justg if I am not mistaken :)

StompArtist
10-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Rumor has it that he's a big fan of Banhammer 40K. :D

Phoenixking
10-11-2011, 04:16 PM
CEO? Gary Gattis? That is Justg if I am not mistaken :)You are not mistaken i guessed it was him cause he was the only person with his name starting with a g hence justG cause its just g and he is G like that (in a cool way not a reall 'G')

JaytB
10-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Interesting read! It actually might be where gaming is heading to. Can't wait to see PL/SL on PC :D

Phoenixking
10-11-2011, 05:00 PM
"We've still got this little bottle of lightning that nobody else is the world has right now."
:P typo just saying O.o :P not like im perfect too but its fun pointing out typos in books and in articles my school made a million of typos i was like WTF O.o :P

Register
10-11-2011, 05:58 PM
*sigh*

I really didnt want this to happen....The idea of POCKET legends was that it was an mmo that could played basically anywhere. Guess now its desktop legends? Any limitations? Like you have to have an account linked to phone/ipod in order to access certain content. That gives botters such a huge chance to ruin the game. I hope you really crack down on botters...

Idea! How about you can only play for a certain amount of time on PC in a timeframe. Then botters cant bot all the time and it would be more encouraging to play on phone.

Phoenixking
10-11-2011, 06:02 PM
What is a botter? :P

Ayc2000
10-11-2011, 06:04 PM
they should only let it be available on chrome...i think it has less chance of being hacked there, and yes, justg is gary

Phoenixking
10-11-2011, 06:09 PM
So seriosly is a botter bad O.o is it a *gulps* HAXXOR O.o i have been called a haxxor for killing a level 55 mage with 3 skills somehow

Silentarrow
10-11-2011, 06:11 PM
What is a botter? :P

Someone who programs their character to do certain functions over and over again while the actual player isn't even playing.

Phoenixking
10-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Ooh lol is that possible if you do a thingamajig and use that one doowicky and reboot the boot and fixing the watchmacall it?

Silentarrow
10-11-2011, 07:11 PM
I have no clue... Look up WoW bots on youtube for an example.

Lowlyspy
10-11-2011, 07:19 PM
CEO? Gary Gattis? That is Justg if I am not mistaken :)
Wow cant believe i didnt put those two together. Guess im havin a slow day lol