PDA

View Full Version : Could use help with general bear build

freeflow
10-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Been playing for a short amount of time but want to build a decent bear to level through the game. Not looking for PVP just yet, just a simple bear that can go throughout the game, level up and possibly do some runs for some gold.

I've seen a bunch of builds but not sure where to start, is there a build that is simple to follow and good enough for what I want. Looking to go all the way up to 61 with this

ThePvpTwink
10-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Max buffs,all slashes, beckon and stomp(for max combo).

Hope this helped. :)

TANKKAAR
10-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Before telling you to max everything...lol :) a few questions need to be asked.

-What level is your bear now or will you be starting from scratch?

-How quickly ill you be leveling your bear to 50+?

-What class do you currently play and what is your play style like? (You like being in the middle of mobs?)

freeflow
10-11-2011, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=TANKKAAR;444653]Before telling you to max everything...lol :) a few questions need to be asked.

-What level is your bear now or will you be starting from scratch?

-How quickly ill you be leveling your bear to 50+?

-What class do you currently play and what is your play style like? (You like being in the middle of mobs?)[/

QUOTE]

Well lets see I'm level 10 with about 4k. Not anytime soon maybe 6 months ish unless I get bored. My other char has 40k if I can transfer. I like to be in the middle killing, I want to use this char to make boss runs or what have yiu for gold

Thanks for your help

ThePvpTwink
10-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Maxing those skills are the general tank skills. Should max stomp and buffs first. :D

Otukura
10-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Maxing those skills are the general tank skills. Should max stomp and buffs first. :D

Not really, slashes are one of the most useless things a bear has. Max them last. One point in them already adds most of the damage they'll do.

Evasion isn't worth it until later, taunt is only needed at level one early unless you find yourself dying A LOT.

Having 6 rage, 1 taunt, 4 stomp(frees yourself from freezes, roots, and clears debuffs such as break armor), one in each slash, one in cb, one in iron blood(should be level 17 at this point)

If you don't have plat, I'd recommend saving all your points until level 22, when you unlock beckon. That skill defines a bear, and max it ASAP, which should be at level 23, this is the reason you saved those points. Beckon when you're near a wall, move away from the wall, and stomp the enemies into the wall to keep them in a tight group.

Proceed to max stomp(by level 25), and then Hell Scream after(by level 31). I'll continue when you hit 31.

TANKKAAR
10-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Glad I could help otu....lol

Listen to him :) 1 in each slash is all you need until you can max you all your buffs except replinish (i think thats the name its the health one tho) only put one in that :) im 61 & still have 1 in that I think which works great! Also as for strength points IMO you will make the best tank if you only place tge points needed to equip your gear into strength and the put ALL others into dex... If nothing else just do yourself a favor (and everyone you run with) and NEVER GO pure strength...lol

Otukura
10-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Glad I could help otu....lol

Hehe, sorry. Couldn't resist :p

Listen to him :) 1 in each slash is all you need until you can max you all your buffs except replinish (i think thats the name its the health one tho) only put one in that :) im 61 & still have 1 in that I think which works great! Also as for strength points IMO you will make the best tank if you only place tge points needed to equip your gear into strength and the put ALL others into dex... If nothing else just do yourself a favor (and everyone you run with) and NEVER GO pure strength...lol

Completely forgot about that, thanks!

TANKKAAR
10-11-2011, 11:17 PM
:)

(I was going to just put a smiley face aas a comment but because I actually have to write more then 2 characters I decided to write this...lol)

freeflow
10-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the help so far, ill work on the skills. For stats I was thinking of doing almost identical strength/dex but that seems to be a bad idea. I also have no idea what items I would need to buy, should I just keep stuff I pick up and use that for now? Or should I buy sets as I level up until I get higher in level