PDA

View Full Version : Wands and daggers

bmc85uk
07-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Loving the new campaign guys but it seems that you've missed out daggers and wands? I've started putting together a set of int Thoth, after eagerly awaiting it, but my only option for a weapon is my 35 wand, what's that all about? You also have dex shields but no daggers?

Please see if you can squeeze them in for an update soon :-)

Banned
07-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Justg said they were added in yesterdays update, but I haven't seen anything. All I've seen is a 2h, and it's horrible.

bmc85uk
07-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Bah, I've done about 20 plasma pyramid runs and not seen a single thing

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I hope devs fix this bug. but I hope survival mode will be put in first ;).

bmc85uk
07-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Plenty of whites and greys but haven't seen a coloured one so far, have now done maybe 30 plasma pyramid runs

Huzzah
07-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Justg said they were added in yesterdays update, but I haven't seen anything. All I've seen is a 2h, and it's horrible.

That may be what was said, but that's not reality in game

Cascade
07-01-2010, 08:04 PM
They probably only added 2h's.

Smartress
07-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Cannot Agree More, need mage (Int based) 1-hand weapon, even mage dagger/sword will be awesome

Cheah
07-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Loving the new campaign guys but it seems that you've missed out daggers and wands? I've started putting together a set of int Thoth, after eagerly awaiting it, but my only option for a weapon is my 35 wand, what's that all about? You also have dex shields but no daggers?

Please see if you can squeeze them in for an update soon :-)

Second that:) cool outlook wand pls.

Rhythe
07-02-2010, 10:18 AM
I agree I just made a Mage and have noticed that there are very little powerful wands. Some new ones would be nice

Theremin
07-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Thank you so much for starting this thread.

I was just wondering why there are so many eyes, and nothing to go along with them for main hand weapons. I'd like to see more options for caster enchantresses as far as INT weapons are concerned. Wands and pins are a given, but they were sorely overlooked in AO1, and again, it seems that they are not a priority in this campaign. It would be nice to maybe see some INT maces, daggers, swords, or even perhaps a MAIN HAND bracer option/Fist weapon of sorts with INT as the primary stat.

Don't get me wrong, I love the new content, and can't wait to see more, but I think the Devs really need to balance out the options for INT gear a little more carefully. I believe it's unwise to presume that at endgame levels, enchantresses will be ONLY healing and not dealing damage. Most groups I've been in want to run with at least TWO enchantresses anyway. Why have two "healers" if one could be doing more damage and acting as a support healer/buffer/resser?

In a different thread, I made the comment that enchantress DPS is less than noteworthy, and not everyone wants to be a healbot. An enchantress should have the option of speccing for more DAMAGE, and have the option of gearing themselves in that fashion, while being able to attain more than 55 DPS unbuffed. Archers and warriors both have easily 40+ more DPS at endgame levels when they are well geared.

I made the comment to another enchantress the other day that while high M/s is really nice to have as a healing enchantress, if you can't kill anything and / or out-heal the damage being directed toward you by a hostile target, or somehow otherwise manage to survive, the benefits of having over 20+ M/s isn't really very beneficial... At least not for my play style.

...And yes, I too have noticed that there appear to be no legendary or even purple quality talons or daggers, but there are plenty of wing shields out there. I had hoped to find a better than green talon for my bow bear, but as of yet, no such luck.

Theremin
07-11-2010, 03:13 AM
UPDATE: There are daggers, talons, and wands of the legendary varieties and denominations. Thanks DEVS.