View Full Version : Please help me!

FlyingS0ldier
10-12-2011, 05:41 AM
Well here's the story, I have a level 35 straight str bear (vikingpanda) and I brought a copperhead set but I was already wearing an iceberg (except helm, I use a vyxnaar helm of legend) but when I use the copperhead set I lose approx 40 dps and 11h/s and only gain one 1 armor! Shouldn't the higher level set be better? So what would be the best set for my tank? And I only do pve (everyone uses a copperhead set in pvp at lvl 35, y when iceberg is better?)

Help Is muchly (if that's a word) appreciated ;) btw this is my first thread :)

WoundedEagle
10-12-2011, 06:04 AM
Welcome to the Forums, as a thread poster. Honestly, I wouldn't know as I am a full dex bird. But, my level 35 uses swamp pinks. With Iceberg set, did you use long sword? That contributes a good over all damage. And everyone knows, pitchforks aret that great... Did the set bonus increase you at all? Because it should of. Thanks,

-we

Darkfader
10-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Iceberg set is from frozen nightmares, (paid campaign). It's added to game later on and for some reason pinks of that area have made very strong. Same you can see with sandstone caves pinks. Usually higher level items are stronger but there is few exceptions like frozen nightmares and sandstone caves.

You can easily go with iceberg set all the way to 40 or even 45. I would o with iceberg set as long as possible and then look for new gear of that level.

FlyingS0ldier
10-12-2011, 07:01 AM
Thanks, I have the shield and hatchet because I tank and with the set bonus I had a 1 armor increase and crit/hit went up quite a bit but lost a lot of damage, I would use my vyxnaar helm but then I lose the set bonus, so as a tank I think I should go with armor and damage which is the iceberg and vyxnaar helm. And I did get a bonus with copperhead set, everything has less armor then iceberg, around two less, but with the set bonus it was 1 armor more, with iceberg I had 15 h/s 120-140 dps and 79 armor, copperhead 6h/s 80dps and 70 armor, but I think health regen is more important then crit hit/hit %, but I might be wrong
Thanks

Dark:what set is good around 40-45? thanks

Darkfader
10-12-2011, 07:05 AM
High hit % is always useful so you can control mobs better. Actually pure str bears aren't that good, I would go with str/dex bear. Dex adds hit % and crit to you and also raises your damage, but remember to keep enough str always to equip your gear and upcoming gear.

Well if you go with iceberg all the way to 40, then I would prefer use any random items you find from AO(with better stats than iceberg). When you reach 45 there is lot of good gear. Most common pink types there are thoth, Isis, conquerors. You got to lookyour 45 gear by items stats wha fits best for your gamestyle. Then there's one good weapon called shock lance, but it costs pretty much and is rare drop. Also you can mix how you want to, there's nit set bonus in 45 items.

LoveMadrid
10-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Thanks, I have the shield and hatchet because I tank and with the set bonus I had a 1 armor increase and crit/hit went up quite a bit but lost a lot of damage, I would use my vyxnaar helm but then I lose the set bonus, so as a tank I think I should go with armor and damage which is the iceberg and vyxnaar helm. And I did get a bonus with copperhead set, everything has less armor then iceberg, around two less, but with the set bonus it was 1 armor more, with iceberg I had 15 h/s 120-140 dps and 79 armor, copperhead 6h/s 80dps and 70 armor, but I think health regen is more important then crit hit/hit %, but I might be wrong
Thanks
I reckon you should just use iceberg set for the meantime.. And when you hit 40 go for some AO pinks to use ..

FlyingS0ldier
10-12-2011, 03:43 PM
High hit % is always useful so you can control mobs better. Actually pure str bears aren't that good, I would go with str/dex bear. Dex adds hit % and crit to you and also raises your damage, but remember to keep enough str always to equip your gear and upcoming gear.

Well if you go with iceberg all the way to 40, then I would prefer use any random items you find from AO(with better stats than iceberg). When you reach 45 there is lot of good gear. Most common pink types there are thoth, Isis, conquerors. You got to lookyour 45 gear by items stats wha fits best for your gamestyle. Then there's one good weapon called shock lance, but it costs pretty much and is rare drop. Also you can mix how you want to, there's nit set bonus in 45 items.

With more str don't I get more armor? So pure str would have a lot more armor. With a str/dex bear does the beacon work beter? And around 200 str and rest dex?

Darkfader
10-12-2011, 04:01 PM
With more str don't I get more armor? So pure str would have a lot more armor. With a str/dex bear does the beacon work beter? And around 200 str and rest dex?

Yes with more str you get more armor. Pure str would have more armor but bad hit %. More str makes beckon work stronger. I don't know about amounts but you can look what you need to equip your str gear and put rest to dex least for me it works great. :]

FlyingS0ldier
10-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Yes with more str you get more armor. Pure str would have more armor but bad hit %. More str makes beckon work stronger. I don't know about amounts but you can look what you need to equip your str gear and put rest to dex least for me it works great. :]

So str makes beacon better!? I thought It would be dex because of higher hit %

Darkfader
10-12-2011, 04:25 PM
So str makes beacon better!? I thought It would be dex because of higher hit %

Well, hit % determines does your beckon(or any other skill/attack) hit enemy or not.
But main attribute of character makes skill stronger. Bear, str makes skills stronger. Mage, int makes skills stronger. Bird, dex makes skills stronger.

Bunnyshoota
10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Dude go 140 Str and rest dex. Best damage. Note that every 20 str gives u a whopping ONE POINT OF ARMOR!!!!!!!
At level 41, try to have atleast 83 dex to equip a scarab bow. It's really good, and is the sole reason of why dex rocks at lvl 41+.
Hope I helped!!

Thanks,
Bunnyshoota

FlyingS0ldier
10-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Bunny a tank with a bow?! I lose a lot of armor and there is no point having a bow because I'm at close range anyway, thanks though :)

And a bear with a bow is for pvp I'm a pve er

Leli
10-12-2011, 07:04 PM
dps isnt all that, but if your big on it, sell the copperheads and buy better gear :)

FlyingS0ldier
10-12-2011, 07:57 PM
It's not just dps it's the h/s I lose 9 that's too much, I think I will sell it thanks :)

Ghastly
10-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Always compare b4 you bye. My great gradma taught me that at Stop And Shop, maybe it would work in this?

blox
10-13-2011, 05:13 PM
well i think copperhead is preffered in 35 pvp cause it gives more stats and bears sacrifice dps for high armor for tanking. usually bears can tank good .
iceberg and vyxnaar is good for lvl 30s and under

Bunnyshoota
10-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Bunny a tank with a bow?! I lose a lot of armor and there is no point having a bow because I'm at close range anyway, thanks though :)

And a bear with a bow is for pvp I'm a pve er
Sorry dude. Was thinking u was pvp now that u gain no kills if u lock xp in pve............but still put just enough str for equips rest dex. sacrifices a little armor and h/s but worth the hit %. I would say buy some zombie gear(level 35, 75 str needed) my bear uses ch helm, zombie plate, zombie saintly shield, iceberg mace thingy. Hope I helped!