PDA

View Full Version : What's Next for Pocket Legends – Halloween Event and Mount Fang

Samhayne
10-12-2011, 02:54 PM

Halloween Event

Zombies, Ghouls, Mummies, Oh My! Halloween will be coming to Pocket Legends later this month. For those who experienced last year’s Halloween Event, you will recognize the spooky content, but with several new twists to keep it fresh and fun!

Mount Fang

Rumors of blood-drinkers and worse ride the winds of Alterra like witches astride their brooms! Mount Fang is indeed coming to Pocket Legends. This new adventure area will increase the level cap and present all new challenges to overcome! Beware things that go bump in the night :devilish:

We will be posting additional details over the coming days, leading up to the Halloween Event's release in the last week in October and Mount Fang following in November.

Zapoke
10-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Yay pumpkin head. Sorry to people who want it to be "premium." ^^

And yay, I don't have to grind Nuri's to much now ! :D

Swimmingstar
10-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Yipppe!!!!!!!!

Matutd
10-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Will the pumpkin heads cost platinum? And I so how much will it cost?

Swimmingstar
10-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww I need to level fast though.

EDIT:
What day will it be?

EDIT 2:

Lots of questions coming.

KTpantyhose
10-12-2011, 03:01 PM
YESSS!! i'm excited! now when you release halloween costumes can we keep them? haha.

PatsoeGamer
10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Hmmm so nuri vanity shield will expire?

Swimmingstar
Yay pumpkin head. Sorry to people who want it to be "premium." ^^

And yay, I don't have to grind Nuri's to much now ! :D

Actually I think next level requirement is 58.

EDIT:

@Patsoe
Yes I'm pretty sure that was quick!

xantor
Will the shield be gone!!!! And if so why not allow as much time to get it as u did the crown??

LwMark
10-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Omgggggg..did he just say lvl raise to
?

StompArtist
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/h/halloween_shirt-13439.jpg

Zapoke
Actually i think next level requirement is 58.

I know that.. But 2 levels is better then 4.

Will the shield be gone!!!! And if so why not allow as much time to get it as u did the crown??

Because then it wouldn't be a perfect release time. Lol.

Why would people complain about new content... ;(

Swimmingstar
10-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah.

@Xantor I am pretty sure it will be gone.

@Lwmark I'm sure it's going to be 66 elite and 65 normal.

drewcapu
10-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Cool

Farming Legends guild will be ready!

Swimmingstar
10-12-2011, 03:08 PM
I better get leveling to 58 now. Need one more level.

Samhayne
10-12-2011, 03:10 PM

Yes, when the level cap goes up, the Shield of the Hallows will no longer be available and there will be a new exclusive item for reaching the level cap.

Elyseon
10-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Wait u have us like 5 months to get to 56 and 2 to get to 61?

NECROREAPER
10-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Great....

Looks like you'll be seeing a lot less of me, what I said still stands:

If the pumpkin head returns, I'm more than likely Gonna quit

stealthyman
10-12-2011, 03:18 PM
I dont like how only the hardcore can get involved in these events. What to the lower levels get? They just watch the hardcore playas get cool stuff??? Not fair :banana:

Swimmingstar
10-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Eh... A lot of people have made it with plat elixirs. Not me though. I am still at 57 because the only elixirs I use are the free x3 combos for 5 minutes daily from Vinnie.

Swimmingstar
10-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Well there could be a level xp change which makes the required amount go down a little!

stealthyman
10-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Eh... A lot of people have made it with plat elixirs. Not me though. I am still at 57 because the only elixirs I use are the free x3 combos for 5 minutes daily from Vinnie. i respect how you dont involve rl money in a virtual game...but u must spend hours every day?! :confused:

Suentous PO
10-12-2011, 03:22 PM
New vanity for new levs?
Manoman I'm jazzed
* dancin plantain*

PatsoeGamer
10-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Wait u have us like 5 months to get to 56 and 2 to get to 61?

Yep... :-( never gonna happen, I think they STS should extend the deadline of the nuri shield, won't hold up the release of mt fang either, and give us noobs a chance to get the shield we've already been grinding hard for months to get

Samhayne
10-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I dont like how only the hardcore can get involved in these events. What to the lower levels get? They just watch the hardcore playas get cool stuff??? Not fair :banana:

Everyone can take part in the Halloween event regardless of level.

Jayche
10-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Vetoing for necro not to quit!!

Swimmingstar
10-12-2011, 03:25 PM
i respect how you dont involve rl money in a virtual game...but u must spend hours every day?! :confused:

No not hours. Like 10 minutes leveling and a little more with PvP.

xbabybugszx
10-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Yeah i agree, wut about the lower levels?,

darkfussion
10-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Don't bring back any holiday tradable items from last year, a lot of players will lose out on all the hard earned money they spent buying these collectables. Please please please...

xbellaMortex
10-12-2011, 03:36 PM
NICE!

arischal
10-12-2011, 03:41 PM

Yes, when the level cap goes up, the Shield of the Hallows will no longer be available and there will be a new exclusive item for reaching the level cap.

I wanted to hit cap without felix elixers
... guess that's out of the question now. :(

Elitephonix
10-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Ahhhhh maN I was trying to reach the cap by dec but nvm bout that and dont quit necro wear ur snowman hat "if u have one " and whats the new itum guna be

PatsoeGamer
10-12-2011, 03:47 PM
I wanted to hit cap without felix elixers
... guess that's out of the question now. :(

Me too... Time to break the mould and follow the Potters. I don't like the idea, but what choice do we have!

bronislav84
10-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Wow. No time for the lazy to get to 61 huh. I've mostly given up on it anyway, and mostly play SL lately.

Patricks
10-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Can't believe I spent 15million gold on crafting demonic set and one month later it'll be worthless.

It's not like it's easy to make that much gold lol.

arischal
10-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Wow. No
time for the lazy to get to 61 huh. I've mostly given up on it anyway, and mostly play SL lately.
Not lazy I just wanted to do it in the real hardcore without elixers

StompArtist
10-12-2011, 03:55 PM

I do not use elixirs either. The way I see it the shield is a reward for elixir users... It's okay not to have it at least I won't be stuck at level cap with nothing to look forward to. :D

Roc
10-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Early Happy Halloween :ghost: I'll see you all with the Great Pumpkin :ghost:

Zapoke
10-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Can't believe I spent 15million gold on crafting demonic set and one month later it'll be worthless.

It's not like it's easy to make that much gold lol.

Pro tip! Don't spend money on items that *just* came out. They're always way overpriced.

TANKKAAR
10-12-2011, 04:06 PM

Mount Fang

Rumors of blood-drinkers and worse ride the winds of Alterra like witches astride their brooms! Mount Fang is indeed coming to Pocket Legends, just in time for the Halloween spooky season. This new adventure area will increase the level cap and present all new challenges to overcome! Beware things that go bump in the night :devilish:

Wow.... Idk what to say besides yay!

I'm pretty sure I'm ready.... Let's see?
3 COP's..............................check!
3 SOH's..............................check!
3 lvl 61's............................check!
Farmers for every 5 lvls.......check!
Restocked plat.....................check!

OK... Im ready PL! Bring it on!

Note:
can we please have more then 2mths to hit next lvl cap of 66?? I would love to continue leveling 1 of each class to max lvl but really don't see that happening if time frames between expansions remain so short.

arischal
10-12-2011, 04:08 PM

I do not use elixirs either. The way I see it the shield is a reward for elixir users... It's okay not to have it at least I won't be stuck at level cap with nothing to look forward to. :D
But the bonus is gone. I have cop but I guess it wont matter in two weeks.

TANKKAAR
10-12-2011, 04:13 PM
But the bonus is gone. I have cop but I guess it wont matter in two weeks.

I seriously doubt the COP & shield bonus will be taken away. If anything it will be made even stronger with next lvl cap vanity :) you may still wanna get the shield if you have time.

Darkfader
10-12-2011, 04:18 PM

I also won't use elixirs at all, but I now on take this as challenge to get on 61 before mt. Fang is around. Will be tough but I like challenges.

On topic: looks nice updates coming can't wait for Halloween and as necro said, please don't bring pumpkin helm back. It's something unique and whole identity of necro would crush in one update.

WoundedEagle
10-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Great....

Oh no necro :(

And if they bump the level cap this fast, I will quit. I haven't had any money for platinum. I mean, 6-7 months for a update from Sewer-to-Nuri. And Nuri's is out for what 2 months and a cap bump. I will rage.

PatsoeGamer
10-12-2011, 04:31 PM
A mixture of emotions...

1. Mt Fang and Halloween - 'like' :-) like a lot!

2. Having to level up to 61 with no time at my disposal - 'dislike' :-( dislike a lot!

GLACK!

lilgangster
10-12-2011, 04:38 PM
yes! i have been around with PL a long time and missed the halloween event last year, cant wait cuz im definitley not missing this one

apocketlegend
10-12-2011, 04:49 PM
WHAT!!! new level cap!!!!! Spent over 50$ trying to get to 61 on 4x pots!!!!!!!! I'm only 60/100k Xp!!!! How in the world am I supposed to level 40k in a week??!! Not to mention I have school an homework every night!!! This makes me so mad...

WoundedEagle
10-12-2011, 04:52 PM
WHAT!!! new level cap!!!!! Spent over 50$ trying to get to 61 on 4x pots!!!!!!!! I'm only 60/100k Xp!!!! How in the world am I supposed to level 40k in a week??!! Not to mention I have school an homework every night!!! This makes me so mad...
You aren't alone...

bronislav84
10-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Wow. No
time for the lazy to get to 61 huh. I've mostly given up on it anyway, and mostly play SL lately.
Not lazy I just wanted to do it in the real hardcore without elixersThat's what I meant. You didn't catch the humor I guess? Only elixir spammers can reach the elite cap in 2 months.

Even some elixir users won't make it. Seriously too soon.

Cloakker
10-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Yes, when the level cap goes up, the Shield of the Hallows will no longer be available and there will be a new exclusive item for reaching the level cap.Hmm....What about for the people who dont have the crown of persistance will there be another chance of getting it?:onthego:

Pink-O-Mat
10-12-2011, 05:05 PM
is there no way that ppl who are already 1/3 of the way to 61 can choose to lvl the 100k xp and still get the nurd shield cuz i know i won't get to lvl 61 until the end of october and its not fair if u lvled half way and then get a new lvl cap
especially because it was this fast :(

im4broke
10-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Just how exactly does the vanity bonus work? Do you have to have them in sequence? At least two of any persistence item? Does the COP and the next Mt. Fang vanity (without the shield) make a bonus?

JaytB
10-12-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm happy that there's new stuff coming. But I have to agree with some comments here. 2 months and we're looking at a new level cap already? As tank said in the comments, if the next cap will be raised so soon, how on earth will we be able to level more than 1 toon to 66? Even with 4x elix I'm only almost done with my 3 toons.

Anyway, looking forward to it nonetheless :)

Tvis
10-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Time to prioritize my priorities :D

Kalielle
10-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Really glad to see the more frequent campaign releases! New content is a great thing as far as I'm concerned.

With level cap raises coming more frequently, are there any plans to revise the XP curve for the non-elite levels? For casual players it's already a heck of a grind even to 60, and I shudder to think what it's going to be like to the next cap if the same formula is left in place. Never thought I'd end up being a casual player but life changes and here I am - but I'd like to continue playing with my friends and experiencing the new content. I'll make sure to reach 58 before the next cap but I wonder what it's going to be like for the cap after that. The hardcore can have their shields and crowns and all but please keep the new areas accessible to casuals as well. Casuals too like to see new maps and have fun with the new content, instead of being stuck in the same area forever.

TANKKAAR
10-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Hmm....What about for the people who dont have the crown of persistance will there be another chance of getting it?:onthego:

Its assumed that since there are only 2 vanity slots and the COP is the oldest that the new elite vanity will be another crown :) I personally am hoping that we will get vanity armor or weapons to add onto the current sets. So each vanity pcs would add to the over all bonus!
Ie:
2 vanity pieces would add 5 dodge & 10 armor
3 vanity pieces would add 5 hit, 5 dodge & 10 armor
4 vanity pieces would add 5 hit, 5 crit, 5 dodge & 10 armor

Or something to that effect :)

Epic Unicorns!
10-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Great....

I'm sorry dude. You will always be the Origianol Pumpkin King!

Slush
10-12-2011, 05:35 PM
So now you have to play 6 hours a day or use plat to get to 61. And the old halloween stuff is coming back. R.I.P Pocket Legends. It was nice while it lasted.

Slush
10-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Its assumed that since there are only 2 vanity slots and the COP is the oldest that the new elite vanity will be another crown :) I personally am hoping that we will get vanity armor or weapons to add onto the current sets. So each vanity pcs would add to the over all bonus!
Ie:

Or something to that effect :)

But then everyone would look the same o.O

Zapoke
10-12-2011, 05:44 PM
But then everyone would look the same o.O

They already do..

TANKKAAR
10-12-2011, 05:49 PM
They already do..

exactly what I was thinking....lol

thedream
10-12-2011, 05:52 PM
awesome halloween update and mt fang!!!!

Kingofhurtz
10-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Nooooo not the pumpkin head AND the trick or treat bag :(.

Also, will there be a special halloween campaign like last year? Any new items besides vanity???

Ixillicus
10-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Just want to throw it out there...

I felt like we waited a long time (perhaps a bit too long) for Nuri's, and the level cap increase. I think that people are still working on levelling and the game hasn't plateaued for most people yet. I think raising the cap this soon, especially if these halloween maps are coming (meaning people might be more interested in playing this than levelling their toons) that there should be more time before the level cap increases.

I can understand that as a business, I am sure the massive amounts of elixirs being purchased when the cap increased was nice, and that you want to sustain and foster the growth that kind of revenue provides, but I think it's going to greatly change the perspective of many players... making it seem like the only way to really operate at a high level in the game is to spend a lot of money on platinum.

I would embrace the new content, and I already have a character at the level cap, but this change would seriously change how I think about the game, and whether I would continue to spend on platinum. I, along with many others spent a lot of plat levelling and enjoying the new content. I kind of feel like I would be very hesitant to spend more on plat to hit the cap, only to have it increase again in a short period.

I know it's a bit of a rant, but I think many players feel the same way. A later release or perhaps making it an elite campaign seemed to be the consensus prior to the news that this was coming so soon, and most people were happy with that idea.

I guess this is just frustrating, and would be even more frustrating to those who still haven't hit the cap in the Nuri's campaign.

edsonee
10-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Wat i want to know is this about the new lv cap. When it comes out, say u have 50k/109k xp, how will it distribute to the lv cap. I mean like do u get to lv 61 for free once lv cap or...? I said that because when lv cap came out for 56-61, getting to lv56 used to be 80k xp, it then becomes like 7k xp. So ya, once lv cap come out, will all that 50k xp be a waste and u start from 0xp/ lv61 new,lower xp amount????? VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION, cuz if that happens, and all that 50k xp goes to waste, not just me but many ppl will quit. I dont mean any disrespect or anything. Just something for the PL makers to really consider. SO plz reply Samhayne. :(

Ixillicus
10-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Wat i want to know is this about the new lv cap. When it comes out, say u have 50k/109k xp, how will it distribute to the lv cap. I mean like do u get to lv 61 for free once lv cap or...? I said hta because when lv cap came out for 61, getting to lv56 used to be 80k xp, it then becomes like 7k xp. So ya, once lv cap come out, will all that 50k xp be a waste and u start from 0xp/ lv61 new,lower xp amount????? VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION, cuz if that happens, and all that 50k xp goes to waste, not just me but many ppl will quit. SO plz reply Samhayne. :(

What happened before, and would happen again, they would adjust the XP so it only takes the normal amount (instead of 100k it would be 10k, and they would scale your XP to match.

So you'd by 5k/10k instead of 50/100k. You still be 60.

CodyBearr
10-12-2011, 06:10 PM
:banana:

Looks like all the people that power plat pot are upset... Glad I never pot :) still lv59

Also the fact that people want to quit because Halloween items are coming back for HALLOWEEN is laughable :lol:

edsonee
10-12-2011, 06:52 PM
well if that happens... i might as well quit cuz it wasted my time getting those 50k xp with some plat pots and then lose all that xp when lv caps comes again. Just hope it guys would consider about delaying lv cap til like next year not this soon. Like the other lv cap which took around 1 year i think? Nuri only came out for like around 4-5 months and already new lv cap? I, for one is trying to get nuri shield but cant cuz lv cap too soon. Maybe should extend new lv cap coming out til later next year and just make mt fang like a campaign that needs to be bought with plat just like shadow caves, croc feud, frozen nightmares, sand caves, etc.

TheMatrixMan
10-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Cool new level cap! Too bad I'm not even past lv 35 -.- and even though I wasn't there for the old pumpkin heads, I still think thy shouldn't be released this year, sure they look cool and all but it also represents how long the players have been playing the game. So in my opinion, just come up with different looking pumpkin heads, ones that look way better than the old ones. And like I said, adding the new level cap is great. It gives me a longer adventure even though I buy and sell lol. It will keep things fun for me and for those who are sad by it because they spent millions of gold and some real money for it, it teaches some to use your money wisely. it's still a casual game and like some PL players, don't take the new content way too seriously.
I edited it :P

Aperfecte
10-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Wow!! Thankfully I'm already 61.

iamnobody
10-12-2011, 07:29 PM
WHAT!!! New cap, no more shield and no more crown ??? A BIG "NO" !!! It is totally unacceptable. PL and SL were claimed to be a "CASUAL" MMORPG. It is not CASUAL now. Forcing reach cap in a short time = Forcing me chose between PL and SL + Forcing me use SINGLE character only. It is really demotivate me to cont. play. I play PL and SL because they are fun and more important thing is ... they are CASUAL. I want fun not a virtual JOB.

Pls reconsider your decision.

protectorofnoobs
10-12-2011, 07:31 PM
sigh . . .
nuris barely been out and they just released the demonic sets
whats the point when a new level cap is already coming in such a short time?
Only people with elixirs can actually level up multiple toons
i srsly wanted to be able to get the shield but now im srsly thinking about not even trying
wats the point of a game if i have to constantly pay 50$ to enjoy it for a few months and then pay again?
and also the items from last year's event were supposed to be exclusive and its what discerned the veterans from the newbies
Pls Pls Pls
Make the new campaign an elite dungeon

KingFu
10-12-2011, 07:39 PM
My apologies, but this has to be the most saddening thread I've ever read. Cap raise? Already? Nuri has hardly been out for a month. I feel cheated. I buy elixirs to get to 61, then shortly after I hit it, I hear a new campaign is coming out, encouraging me to buy even more plat to hit the cap. I'm already losing millions on this announcement. I doubt I'll buy gear after this raise comes, since I can't trust that the devs won't raise the cap again quickly. Having a new cap every month was nice back when levels required a few hundred XP to level up, and cs wasn't around so there was little farming to sell. But when the elite cap, which rewards an exclusive vanity and an awesome bonus if you have the COP, requires over 100K XP, it's too much of a rush. What about people that can't afford elixirs? They don't even get a shot at 61? I'm really disappointed to hear this.

Also, I see a pumpkin helm and candy bag in the screenshot, there goes the exclusiveness of those 2 items. Asommers said in town that it'd come out with all new items, so I assumed the old ones wouldn't be in it. That was a huge releif for me, but seeing that helm in the screenshot is really bothersome. Guess the only way to determine an old player now is if they have a Founder's helm. I'm extremely disappointed with this news.

Conradin
10-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Errrg don't bring back the pumpkin...

Cloakker
10-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Ie:

Or something to that effect :) thx tank

Cloakker
10-12-2011, 08:00 PM
My apologies, but this has to be the most saddening thread I've ever read. Cap raise? Already? Nuri has hardly been out for a month. I feel cheated. I buy elixirs to get to 61, then shortly after I hit it, I hear a new campaign is coming out, encouraging me to buy even more plat to hit the cap. I'm already losing millions on this announcement. I doubt I'll buy gear after this raise comes, since I can't trust that the devs won't raise the cap again quickly. Having a new cap every month was nice back when levels required a few hundred XP to level up, and cs wasn't around so there was little farming to sell. But when the elite cap, which rewards an exclusive vanity and an awesome bonus if you have the COP, requires over 100K XP, it's too much of a rush. What about people that can't afford elixirs? They don't even get a shot at 61? I'm really disappointed to hear this.

Also, I see a pumpkin helm and candy bag in the screenshot, there goes the exclusiveness of those 2 items. Asommers said in town that it'd come out with all new items, so I assumed the old ones wouldn't be in it. That was a huge releif for me, but seeing that helm in the screenshot is really bothersome. Guess the only way to determine an old player now is if they have a Founder's helm. I'm extremely disappointed with this news. I agree, its to much a rush for new lvl cap...lol it really is astonishing:torn:

FlyingS0ldier
10-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Eh... A lot of people have made it with plat elixirs. Not me though. I am still at 57 because the only elixirs I use are the free x3 combos for 5 minutes daily from Vinnie.

Ahhhhh me too.... I'm a lvl 60 though with 20k xp, but join some friends use a $2000 1.5 xp elix and then it's fun and a breeze to level up ;)

Josephjackson
10-12-2011, 08:10 PM
I think a great answer for the highly sought after percistance items is simple. Sell or allow peopple to upgrade to "elite" characters.. imagen if people could still grind out 84k xp in sewers and in a month continue to grind out nuri for the sheild. I think it is bad to leave new comers out of these exclusive items - I want these more than the best sets.

I also am sort of an elixir free type and I also have three high lvls with three helm of p.

I assume if there is a percistance item for lvl 66 then they will have a new form of vanity..

Josephjackson
10-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Necro deserves his own section.

It would be horrible for you to go. I respect reasons such as focusing more on work, school or family..

Maybe the new pumpkins will look different and u can keep your look fairly original.

Lucilulu
10-12-2011, 08:16 PM
I agree, its to much a rush for new lvl cap...lol it really is astonishing:torn:

I agree

XghostzX
10-12-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm excited but this dissapoints me i guess... after spending so much gold and plat lvling to 61 and getting demonic so much time spent. i was hoping to at least have some time to enjoy the gear... oh well happy farming i guess.

xXDamonDXx
10-12-2011, 08:19 PM
When you think about it how long nuri has been out so far and how long until next level cap rise, it's more than possible to get 100k xp using no elixers. Even if u have a busy life lol. Anyway nothing stops u using free daily elixer or running in full party gets u bonus xp.
So yeah very possible (Maybe not for 3 or more characters though).
Anyway Cant wait for mount fang, faster updates are better, lets not wait as long as we did for the nuri to come out, the game gets really boring if you have the same old for so long.
:)

Sorry about this next bit buts its ture...
[These people complaining and saying they might quit just because some halloween items from before are coming back are actually pretty sad, your crying over a virtual item made up of pixels are you? Lmfao.]

Zeus
10-12-2011, 08:20 PM
My rational thoughts about this.

Halloween update, great!

Mount Fang-Not so great. I had feared that the Omnipotence Crown was just the beginning, but stressing players out to make deadlines is not the way to keep loyal platinum buying customers, IMO. I do not mean any disrespect, but even with platinum elixirs, I was barely able to make it to the 61 cap when this deadline was announced. Mount Fang honestly should have either been released with Nuri's Hallow as previously promised or delayed for a good 4-5 months. This is just pushing it. I realize the influx in sales was good, but if you push us, it's not going to make platinum purchases increase.

XghostzX
10-12-2011, 08:24 PM

Halloween update, great!

Mount Fang-Not so great. I had feared that the Omnipotence Crown was just the beginning, but stressing players out to make deadlines is not the way to keep loyal platinum buying customers, IMO. I do not mean any disrespect, but even with platinum elixirs, I was barely able to make it to the 61 cap when this deadline was announced. Mount Fang honestly should have either been released with Nuri's Hallow as previously promised or delayed for a good 4-5 months. This is just pushing it. I realize the influx in sales was good, but if you push us, it's not going to make platinum purchases increase.

Coming from a player i've always idled lol couldn't have said it better.

KingFu
10-12-2011, 08:25 PM

Halloween update, great!

Agreed. People buy plat to level up. If they spend, let's say, 50 bucks every 4-6 months to level up, they don't have a problem. But if devs encourage them to buy 50 plat every month, that's not happening. I'm really dissaoointed in this. Nuri was an awesome campaign, with awesome black and red crafted gear, nice and fairly balanced sets (at least, IMO) and it had lots of fun bosses (especially snake charmer!) Now, it's just gonna be an old campaign, that people hardly got to enjoy. I was looking forward to farming it more, and seeing what new items would be added (since the devs said they would). But this totally flushes the whole campaign down the drown, along with many millions of gold people wasted.

Ghastly
10-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Well to lighten up the mood at least moogerfooger didn't start this flame war lol! Jk. I think we should have at least six months for every level cap b4 the next one. That would give every person two months to get three characters to 61 and since there are 3 classes, it makes perfect sense. And with the Halloween items. STS always finds a way to make everyone (or at least 90%) of players happy. But STS bringing back the Halloween items would be like bringing back the COP or The SOH when the cap is 71. It is a VERY bad idea and would make people more flamey than Kanye West's Ego. STS, Do not change the cap when mt. fang comes out. Make it a 60-61 elite dungeon or stuff of that sorts but do not raise the cap. Don't go to fast, you have years, to do stuff. 2012 isn't going to happen. Chill STS. Chill. And people calm down, STS gots this Shiz locked down. They wouldn't do anything stupid, if they did it would make me LSHIFOMDJKIDNHADBIIDIWNHG.

mackjack
10-12-2011, 08:52 PM
The announcement of raising the level cap by the end of October is both disappointing and frustrating.

As a matter of principle, I try to hit level caps without hp elixirs (neither the plat-bought nor the gold-bought ones). I did it to 56 and am about 1/2 way to 61, but due to real life obligations it looks like I won't hit 61 in time and still remain hp elixir free...

Ultimately it's STS' decision, but I feel most of us would be happy with Holloween and Christmas contents this year, and Mount Fang and level cap raise sometime next year -- gives us more time to hit level cap and enjoy our glyph sets before the next mad rush begins.

Aneheazatek
10-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Well, it seemed like i believe someone has been asked by the Dev has he enjoyed Nuri. At that point of time , it seemed like it's already a clue that the new map will be out soon. ( my apology as i cant rmb the players name as i have seen it in the forum , the player seemed to be a GOA. )

However , on a side note, new contents are always good to the players . the matter is how fast or how slow is the release. I am sure many of us or at least me are still looking forward to farming alot more in nuri and experience longer gameplay in Nuri.

Look at the market now , the prices are not even stabilised. I am defintely sure many people are selling their glyph or demonic gears once this news is up. I would say this is not even a good news for people who grind their way up , hunting crafting materials and making their demonic set or even just their glyph sets.

As for exlier users , i may not be part of them but i do feel in such a way , grats to those who make it to 61 with 4x exlier . What about those who are halfway or perhaps 80%? Would this be a waste of their plat trying to get to lv 61 and getting the vanity shield and now the new map is coming.

Pardon me for my grammers and vocab as i am just voicing out how i really feel towards the recent changes.

Thanks all!

Kraze
10-12-2011, 09:10 PM

Also, I see a pumpkin helm and candy bag in the screenshot, there goes the exclusiveness of those 2 items. Asommers said in town that it'd come out with all new items, so I assumed the old ones wouldn't be in it. That was a huge releif for me, but seeing that helm in the screenshot is really bothersome. Guess the only way to determine an old player now is if they have a Founder's helm. I'm extremely disappointed with this news.
Can't agree more with it being too soon to raise the level cap. As I find the idea of using elixirs to hit the elite cap undermines the meaning of the word persistence. Perhaps it's time to reconsider how I spend my down time. I was already a little disappointed with only getting a week of SL before nuri came out (iOS). Now this....not exactly feeling casual

Corpser
10-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Bringing back the pumkin helmet. Well looks like ill be logging in ALOT LESS i do think you guys could do a bit better and instead of bringing back on old vanity change e.g a skeleton head with flaming eyes!

Kraze
10-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Just logged in saw my exp at 60,110/100,000 elixir free...after reading this thread can't motivate my self to even bother

Aneheazatek
10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Possibly you have 2 weeks of time to rush. you should go for it and not let it go to waste like 60%. :) i am only 30% without elixir. so i can relaxing. haha.

Just logged in saw my exp at 60,110/100,000 elixir free...after reading this thread can't motivate my self to even bother

protectorofnoobs
10-12-2011, 09:34 PM
When you think about it how long nuri has been out so far and how long until next level cap rise, it's more than possible to get 100k xp using no elixers. Even if u have a busy life lol. Anyway nothing stops u using free daily elixer or running in full party gets u bonus xp.
So yeah very possible (Maybe not for 3 or more characters though).
Anyway Cant wait for mount fang, faster updates are better, lets not wait as long as we did for the nuri to come out, the game gets really boring if you have the same old for so long.
:)

Sorry about this next bit buts its ture...
[These people complaining and saying they might quit just because some halloween items from before are coming back are actually pretty sad, your crying over a virtual item made up of pixels are you? Lmfao.]

ummmm actually no you cant get to 61 without elixirs and a busy life
you have to be an addict to actually get to 61 without elixirs
if you dont believe, try getting to 61 while playing under 2 hours everyday
and as for the halloween items its something special cuz the people who bought it
chose to during a time when few people actually wanted to use plat and gives
them some uniqueness that other players dont have

Gluttony
10-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Possibly you have 2 weeks of time to rush. you should go for it and not let it go to waste like 60%. :)

I see a major problem with that in the sense that players are now forced to use plat elixirs in order to complete something that is pretty much exclusive to those who are willing to dump plat on consumable items. There is nothing but hate here except those who are happy about the release and willing to forsake the losses in exchange for new content. It probably would have been more acceptable to just have made the Shield of the Hallows a plat purchase; since that is basically what a rushed update makes it, but I really hope that we are all just reading into things a bit too much since I didn't actually see a suggested launch date but more like wetting the pallet for moar. At the very least I hope that STS wil reconsider after all is said and done since I'd like to get my hands on the first vanity set, but am not going to log the massive amount of plat free hours that are necessary, nor am I going to reverse my decision to not purchase a temporary buff with my real life gold.

maneatingtree
10-12-2011, 09:43 PM
I hope the pumpkin helmetis not used again it makes me feel special and unique

cmangalos
10-12-2011, 09:43 PM
why dont we just enjoy the update? i mean mmorpg is more of leveling right? if sts does not lauched out new up, then people will crave for new update. i mean lets just go and play the game. its your choice to use platinum to lvl up to 61. well i bet if mt. fang will be released im sure youll enjoy yourself on the map. new map new adventure, glyph price lower, nee set items higher, i you studied economy, you will know when to invest and the right time to invest. so sorry if you pushed yourself to have demonic set spending millions, its your choice and decision.

Aneheazatek
10-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Quite true as players now are more prone to getting the 4x pots if they would want to have a shot at 61 and get the Vanity shield.

I see a major problem with that in the sense that players are now forced to use plat elixirs in order to complete something that is pretty much exclusive to those who are willing to dump plat on consumable items. There is nothing but hate here except those who are happy about the release and willing to forsake the losses in exchange for new content. It probably would have been more acceptable to just have made the Shield of the Hallows a plat purchase; since that is basically what a rushed update makes it, but I really hope that we are all just reading into things a bit too much since I didn't actually see a suggested launch date but more like wetting the pallet for moar. At the very least I hope that STS wil reconsider after all is said and done since I'd like to get my hands on the first vanity set, but am not going to log the massive amount of plat free hours that are necessary, nor am I going to reverse my decision to not purchase a temporary buff with my real life gold.

Aneheazatek
10-12-2011, 09:51 PM
We always enjoy the updates. However , it's a matter of timing. Even without Plat , at least let us players who do not use exlixir to have a shot at lv 61. After all , this map has just been out for 2 months. I personally feel we have not farmed quite enough nor enjoyed it as much as we would in another 2 months time. People spend golds and time hunting and farming for their sets and barely have enough time to actually use their sets to farm and enjoy games with their friends or PUGs.

Just my 2 cents.

why dont we just enjoy the update? i mean mmorpg is more of leveling right? if sts does not lauched out new up, then people will crave for new update. i mean lets just go and play the game. its your choice to use platinum to lvl up to 61. well i bet if mt. fang will be released im sure youll enjoy yourself on the map. new map new adventure, glyph price lower, nee set items higher, i you studied economy, you will know when to invest and the right time to invest. so sorry if you pushed yourself to have demonic set spending millions, its your choice and decision.

ghost.mw
10-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Iam already excited for Halloween :)

mafiainc42
10-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Out right wrong to launch new lvl cap. Wth would be the purpose of that. Time and in game gold wasted that took along time to build up. Wasted on a glyph vanity set named Demonic..horrible.

Aneheazatek
10-12-2011, 10:13 PM
I agree with you :P

Out right wrong to launch new lvl cap. Wth would be the purpose of that. Time and in game gold wasted that took along time to build up. Wasted on a glyph vanity set named Demonic..horrible.

darkfussion
10-12-2011, 10:15 PM

Looks like all the people that power plat pot are upset... Glad I never pot :) still lv59

Also the fact that people want to quit because Halloween items are coming back for HALLOWEEN is laughable :lol:

There's a big population of collectors out there that would lose a lot of gold let alone a lot of time searching for these items. You should look at it like this, it's not a laughing matter....

Patricks
10-12-2011, 10:18 PM
I think at this point mt fang will come out by the end of this month no matter how many people complain. They already announced it and said the shield of hallows will go away by then as well.

Changing the release time to later will just induce a whole new set of complainers that are spending plat on elixirs right now to get to 61 by the end of October.

Lets just look forward to the coming developments!

Elyseon
10-12-2011, 10:22 PM
New level cap- not yet please

Halloween items
I wasnt playing yet last halloween and ive always wanted a pumpkin head, but as much as i want it, i want more that it remain exclusive these itemd are like medals of a loyal player. In the area of not vanity items please release new sets and not the old, as they are like antiques. New players are not excluded as they may buy them if they want, maybe this year release an armour and helm instead of weapons and shields last year. Thx

StompArtist
10-12-2011, 10:24 PM
I am just shocked that anyone would complain about new FREE stuff!

Patricks
10-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Plus I swear half the people that are pleading not to increase the level cap yet so theres more time to get to 61, also complained about the SoH being ugly and not worth grinding to 61 for. Lol. Oh wellz.

Nick41324
10-12-2011, 10:37 PM
There's a big population of collectors out there that would lose a lot of gold let alone a lot of time searching for these items. You should look at it like this, it's not a laughing matter....
(Like I told you ealier) I want them to bring back "look-alikes" you can buy with platinum that are untradable. I would LOVE that idea and I'm sure you will too :)

Aneheazatek
10-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Swearing is not a good idea in here. we are just commenting on how we feel about recent changes. That's all.

Plus I swear half the people that are pleading not to increase the level cap yet so theres more time to get to 61, also complained about the SoH being ugly and not worth grinding to 61 for. Lol. Oh wellz.

Kaarataka
10-12-2011, 10:41 PM

Halloween Event

Zombies, Ghouls, Mummies, Oh My! Halloween will be coming to Pocket Legends later this month. For those who experienced last year’s Halloween Event, you will recognize the spooky content, but with several new twists to keep it fresh and fun!

Mount Fang

Rumors of blood-drinkers and worse ride the winds of Alterra like witches astride their brooms! Mount Fang is indeed coming to Pocket Legends, just in time for the Halloween spooky season. This new adventure area will increase the level cap and present all new challenges to overcome! Beware things that go bump in the night :devilish:

We will be posting additional details over the coming days, leading up to the above new content’s release in the last week in October.

If you raise the level cap this soon I will seriously have to consider quiting this game. You have received well over $400 from me in the past 6 months, $180 of that in the past 2 months. I had two end game sets and 5 million in gold before the latest lvl cap. Now I currently have one Strongman set which isnt even the top set, and 400k. I spent the last 1400 plat on my account farming for drops to replenish my equipment for what? I've received one lvl 60 glyph drop during that time. You're telling me that now my already undervalued set is going to become worthless? You mean to say the only way anyone will be able to get to top lvl and get the top gear have to put so much money and time into this game that they go broke and lose any form of social life outside of PL? STS you are making a huge mistake and I will not keep pumping out money just so you can keep making my items obsolete. I truly hate grinding and farming but I do it because I love ctf/pvp. I do not love it enough to spend $180 on your game every 2 months.

Patricks
10-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Swearing is not a good idea in here. we are just commenting on how we feel about recent changes. That's all.

Lol. I swear i dont think I've said anything offensive at all. I swear everything i say is pretty casual. I swear.

Gluttony
10-12-2011, 11:57 PM
I'll share some of my stats:
Ign: Gluttony
1 CoP
0 SoH
0 Platinum elixir purchases
1 Level 60 (23,950/100,590 xp)
1 month to get to 56
2 hours a day play time (average)

Edit: I'd still like to see a list of players that have achieved 61 without the use and any elixirs. I mean that should tell us if this is indeed still a casual mmo, if the cap increases before even one player can get the elite shield then the game has shifted more to a hardcore only crowd and I'm pretty sure I don't fit into that dynamic. I play PL on-the-go more than anything else, so my time is limited, it would be nice to know that spending money isn't a requirement to get the best the game has to offer. Most players who are currently enjoying the game to it's fullest are overflowing with plat:

3 COP's
3 SOH's
3 lvl 61's
Farmers for every 5 lvls
Restocked plat

There are even GoA members who are not 61 on their main simply because they enjoy a bit of pvp every now and again. I know that perhaps my stats don't speak in volumes but anyone who has been enjoying anything else that isn't PL Nuri grind related will miss out on a pretty sweet set bonus.

I'm not going to rage out too much mostly because I recall the hint at a cap increase was around for months before it actually happened last time; however this time it seem much more likely since Mt. Fang was supposed to be released simultaneously with this cap increase. I'm going to wait patiently but not going to fret over what I cannot control, I'll still log my usual hours and complete runs without boosting and see what happens.

Slush
10-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Hopefully we don't have reused mobs/gear and linear boss fights like the last 2 campaigns.

Kaarataka
10-13-2011, 12:55 AM
WOOT! I'm so pumped for reused mobs and gear!!1!!1 Don't forget the linear boss fightzz!!!1!!
Do i sense a dash of sarcasm?

Slush
10-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Do i sense a dash of sarcasm?

I edited my post, was a little immature. STS is making it very hard to keep my cool on these forums, lol.

Otukura
10-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Following on:

IGN: Otukura
1 COP
0 SOH
41.5k/100.5k
Been 1.5xing for around 1.5 hours of farming every day.

I play this game to PvP, my PvE day's are far behind me. Each one of those 1.5 hour sessions ends only because I get bored out of my mind. Debating just playing on my twinks, they haven't changed much. It'll take me 5k xp/day to get 61, and then I look at how much I play. Can I really do that?

Aki
10-13-2011, 01:46 AM
I too feel that the level cap raise is too soon this time around. My main is lvl 61, but it looks like i won't be able to bring up a second toon to 61 without using elixirs.
For the people that spent 15M for their demonic sets, i feel bad for you guys as well. My charmin set just lost half it's value today, lol.

LoveMadrid
10-13-2011, 02:20 AM
If you raise the level cap this soon I will seriously have to consider quiting this game. You have received well over $400 from me in the past 6 months, $180 of that in the past 2 months. I had two end game sets and 5 million in gold before the latest lvl cap. Now I currently have one Strongman set which isnt even the top set, and 400k. I spent the last 1400 plat on my account farming for drops to replenish my equipment for what? I've received one lvl 60 glyph drop during that time. You're telling me that now my already undervalued set is going to become worthless? You mean to say the only way anyone will be able to get to top lvl and get the top gear have to put so much money and time into this game that they go broke and lose any form of social life outside of PL? STS you are making a huge mistake and I will not keep pumping out money just so you can keep making my items obsolete. I truly hate grinding and farming but I do it because I love ctf/pvp. I do not love it enough to spend $180 on your game every 2 months.

Totally agree.

The Devs clearly thinks that they're not earning enough money so they needa raise the cap once more hoping hardcore players would spend even more plat on elixir for around 1 mil exp in total from lvl 61-66 :/

I mean.. COME ON ! i spent days playing 8 hours a day sacraficing my time and alot of money on Elixirs to get to level 61 .. And for what !? For the level cap to raise in just ONE MONTH ?

People farmed really hard for equips and gold.. Now they will be worthless because of STS's greed.

I understand that games need money to operate but raising the lvl cap that fast is way too unneccesary.

Amuze
10-13-2011, 02:32 AM
"You can skin a sheep once or sheer it for a lifetime."

A lot of people who spent quit a bit of money on plat farming and leveling to achieve level 61 and craft their demonic sets are going to be extremely disappointed if this level cap increase goes in so suddenly. I was frankly shocked to see it announced as part of the Mt. Fang news, given that so many people are finally finishing their crafted sets around this time. They'll have a whole 2 more weeks to enjoy their gear before it becomes obsolete like the uber Custom Recurve set.

I've played a lot of MMO's in my life and have seen the damage that is done with level cap increases. It's a wonderful thing to provide new content and STS has done a great job of doing that. But what is the point of increase the level cap? Are their new skills that will be released? Does STS need to meet investors demands and sell more plat and pad their coffers? I've been an entrepreneur for many, many years and I have a strong sense of what is going on behind the scenes here. When you add everything up, it appears that the level cap play is primarily a financial move on STS' part. Notice the random inclusion of a 500 plat vanity helm recently?

Anyhow, I hope the cap increase is postponed for the sake of the people who make PL fun -- the players. I personally have talked to several people in my guild about this and some of the feedback is quite discouraging. Why drive long time loyal customers to quit over a little more platinum sales?

LoveMadrid
10-13-2011, 02:37 AM
"You can skin a sheep once or sheer it for a lifetime."

A lot of people who spent quit a bit of money on plat farming and leveling to achieve level 61 and craft their demonic sets are going to be extremely disappointed if this level cap increase goes in so suddenly. I was frankly shocked to see it announced as part of the Mt. Fang news, given that so many people are finally finishing their crafted sets around this time. They'll have a whole 2 more weeks to enjoy their gear before it becomes obsolete like the uber Custom Recurve set.

I've played a lot of MMO's in my life and have seen the damage that is done with level cap increases. It's a wonderful thing to provide new content and STS has done a great job of doing that. But what is the point of increase the level cap? Are their new skills that will be released? Does STS need to meet investors demands and sell more plat and pad their coffers? I've been an entrepreneur for many, many years and I have a strong sense of what is going on behind the scenes here. When you add everything up, it appears that the level cap play is primarily a financial move on STS' part. Notice the random inclusion of a 500 plat vanity helm recently?

Anyhow, I hope the cap increase is postponed for the sake of the people who make PL fun -- the players. I personally have talked to several people in my guild about this and some of the feedback is quite discouraging. Why drive long time loyal customers to quit over a little more platinum sales?
PL has so much potential.. But STS need to stop being greedy for once and think about the players :(

bluuuue
10-13-2011, 04:54 AM
I see the cap raise as a Money grab. Spent plat to get my 2nd toon to 56. Just . .bought plat knowing mt fang was coming to pay for it. Guess it wont cost anything. But im not burnin hard erned cash to keep up with a casual mmo. . Sooo il leave the plat buying up to the few ppl eho will rush to keep ahead. As the game gets less populated :(

Gluttony
10-13-2011, 05:08 AM
I see many players are stating that this move is about the money for STS, but I cannot follow that at all. I didn't really see a decline in elixir purchase before the announcement; however it’s staring me in the face now. I saw many toons at 61 who were still buying the best combo elix they could for faster farming in order to get the demonic set, so riding out that wave would have generated the most money imo. As it stands now, some will spend in order to hit the cap before it's too late, others are too upset/dejected/overwhelmed to make the grind, some are just plain too behind to even bother, and demonic crafting has all but stopped. Runs after the word got out were the first few where I wasn't booted for not having my stats artificially boosted, full teams of regular toons working together toward a common goal, no one running off and clearing an entire room while the peasants struggle to keep up. These times are a bit enjoyable currently but the sad reminder at the end is that I won't make that coveted "hardcore" status.

PatsoeGamer
10-13-2011, 07:03 AM
I started a thread which may be applicable to any level 60 players here-
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39587-Dilemma...-Getting-on-the-roids
May also answer any questions you have, at the same time if anyone has any words of encouragement for me please post - as right now I'm in a bad place, with no motivation to play :(

Ruby!!!
10-13-2011, 09:42 AM
My two cents:

I'm looking forward to the new content. As I heard it was developed together with Nuri's Hallows - so I guess it basically has been ready to be release dsince two months. The decision to introduce a new level cap with Mt. Fang instead of releasing a level 60 Shadow Cave sounds logical from my naive business perspective. I think there is much more money to earn selling elixirs than selling bonus maps.
I also don't mind the imploding cs as I'm always broke anyway. ;)

But I find unfortunate that the early release will most likely make Nuri's Hallows to another xp grind wasteland after just two months. After the release of Nuri it was just "Haunted xp runs, skip mini". I guess that is what it will be from now on again.
With the introduction of crafting and the low blade steel drop rate I loved that for the last weeks most runs included all maps, all bosses and even all minis. And Nuri town was really busy some times so it seemed to be a possible new hang out spot. I really grew to like Nuri's Hallows.

Like many newer players only know the maps Plasma Pyramid (skip bosses) - CtK (rmk before aliens) - Hideout (only til cat), Nuri's will be "Haunted, rmk before boss". That is perfectly normal but too early imo.

But maybe Mt. Fang will prove me wrong and Nuri will still be a place worth spending time? Maybe you still need Glyph Blade Steel to craft your Vampire Plate of Awesomeness? Or you can combine a L60 Demonic helm and 100 ultra rare undead plate scraps for a L65 Helm? Lol I know that wont happen, just dreaming :)

So what I'm trying to say: I'm sure Mt. Fang will be great! (Vampires!!!) Too bad it will most likely make Nuri's Hallows another fly over state so early.

Nick41324
10-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Ive never cared too much about that max lvl stuff. I don't mind :)

Elf-Orc-Naga
10-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Omg addl cap! Pls slowly devs im busy in rl! Lol nice nice need to grind at 61 to get that nuri shield ... Calling all spirits! Haloooooooween!

Samhayne
10-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Hey everyone,

To update this announcement, the Halloween Event will be out the last week in October while Mount Fang will follow later in November.

AbsolutePally
10-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Hey everyone,

To update this announcement, the Halloween Event will be out the last week in October while Mount Fang will follow later in November.

That is a good compromise! Nice. Thanks.

Josephjackson
10-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Well gluttony, my elixir free.characters are ruined lol.. but either way most games had people elixired.. so I think that partly takes away from the meaning.. unless of course your on leaderboard elicit free like decur.

Glad to hear the release if the upadte will be later than I anticipated... still wish the release was feb and not november... but then again im going to go back to archer class instead of all three.

oxdream81
10-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Hey everyone,

Anyway :) i love PL

arischal
10-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone,

Last week in November? Yay! Got to love sts response!

Slush
10-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Last week in November? Yay! Got to love sts response!

Last week in october for halloween, could be any time in november.

Samhayne
10-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Last week in october for halloween, could be any time in november.

We're currently targeting closer to US Thanksgiving Holiday, but no guarantees.

Xazic
10-13-2011, 03:19 PM
The pumpkin head is not EXACTLY same as the first one... Notice that it is missing the stomp just above the head? (or am i hallucinating now??? O.o )

Imacoolbirdd
10-13-2011, 03:28 PM
*sob* my piggy bank has 10$ and i need 50 for 800plat.. :(

Blind
10-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Bear with me my friend, i'm at 53k atm. :)

KingFu
10-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the heads up. Already lost millions and prices already plummeted though=\

apocketlegend
10-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Phew, I'm out of elixirs!

Citrasena
10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Wow so many complaints!

Don't you guys think that the devs get hounded for level cap raises just as much as people are asking for bigger gaps?
This is a business they are running and with more people joining every day they can't be doing that bad!
Ok, so you spent money on plat to level so what happens if you are level 61 now? You wait around till new year because the other people wanna catch up? Hardly fair on the people that have grinded and been waiting for the level cap increase.
I think the devs do a great job and it must be extremely hard for them to get a happy medium. People asking for level cap raises then when they announce the raise everyone Wants more time!
I'm all for the updates to keep going, it would be nice if there was no level cap at all but who knows.
I'm all for the release and wanna say keep up the good work devs - you can't please everyone.

PL Playa
10-13-2011, 08:35 PM
I think that a great Idea for the vanity of mount gang would be the ability to choose between a shield or helm so that if you only have one you could still get a nice bonus going. I realize that this may be in the wrong spot but I am having trouble creating a thread atm. :D thx for any opinions!

Roc
10-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Halloweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen! Favorite holiday! Happy early Halloween everyone. My witch hat from last Halloween is ready to go ;)

tap_the_crap
10-14-2011, 01:20 AM
to samhayne you may not be able to do anything about it but i reset my ipod and deleted all games to fix it and i redownloaded it but my lvl 55 account callede baazaskoisa it might not be right spelling but the account is gone can u plz get it back

Gluttony
10-14-2011, 01:25 AM
to samhayne you may not be able to do anything about it but i reset my ipod and deleted all games to fix it and i redownloaded it but my lvl 55 account callede baazaskoisa it might not be right spelling but the account is gone can u plz get it back

Send a pm to Sam if you want him to look into it personally, however your best bet is to send an email to STS support(at)spacetimestudios.com replace (at) with @.

Nick41324
10-14-2011, 01:56 AM
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/h/halloween_shirt-13439.jpg
Best... Shirt.. EVER! I need one

AdinoEznite
10-14-2011, 02:21 AM
all data should be stored online not your ipod so you should not have any problems if you are using the correct log in info

Ruby!!!
10-14-2011, 06:16 AM
My witch hat from last Halloween is ready to go ;)

Oh yes I remember me drooling on your hat once. I hope the new vanities will be as cool as witch hats and pumpkin heads. :adoration:

nobounds
10-14-2011, 08:52 AM
+1 , exactly how i feel.

Just want to throw it out there...

I felt like we waited a long time (perhaps a bit too long) for Nuri's, and the level cap increase. I think that people are still working on levelling and the game hasn't plateaued for most people yet. I think raising the cap this soon, especially if these halloween maps are coming (meaning people might be more interested in playing this than levelling their toons) that there should be more time before the level cap increases.

I can understand that as a business, I am sure the massive amounts of elixirs being purchased when the cap increased was nice, and that you want to sustain and foster the growth that kind of revenue provides, but I think it's going to greatly change the perspective of many players... making it seem like the only way to really operate at a high level in the game is to spend a lot of money on platinum.

I would embrace the new content, and I already have a character at the level cap, but this change would seriously change how I think about the game, and whether I would continue to spend on platinum. I, along with many others spent a lot of plat levelling and enjoying the new content. I kind of feel like I would be very hesitant to spend more on plat to hit the cap, only to have it increase again in a short period.

I know it's a bit of a rant, but I think many players feel the same way. A later release or perhaps making it an elite campaign seemed to be the consensus prior to the news that this was coming so soon, and most people were happy with that idea.

I guess this is just frustrating, and would be even more frustrating to those who still haven't hit the cap in the Nuri's campaign.

Abagatan
10-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the info!
I am very excited about the new content! Bring it on!!

For all those worried about getting your alts up to the level cap... Really?
I can see the point of view of the more casual players, but then again, as casual players, you/we aren't really 'hardcore', and thus the special vanity should be something very hard to attain. It should be hard in general....
I consider myself somewhere in between hardcore and casual, and frankly would rather play other maps or bring other characters to 60 than get to 61.
I think releasing the maps sooner will actually be good for game dynamic... It will spread out the people playing more, and and will cut back on xp only type runs, which plagued the sewers because the wait was far too long. I think it will encourage teamwork and playing through the maps.
Most of all, I am ready for some Mt. Fang! Please don't delay too long, there will be naysayers if you release, and also if you don't!

NECROREAPER
10-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Honestly, I don't care about anything

Just DO NOT re-release the pumpkins

Roasty
10-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Sam, with respect, I don't exactly think it would be that great if the pumpkin head were brought back. Although I do think that the vanity is uber awesome and I want one too, I would've expected a brand new vanity coming up, like a bat antler hat. But just something new and creative! Maybe as an addition to the pumpkin helm, you could make a pumpkin costume. That way, if a player who already had the hat who is wearing it and has a costume might get a set bonus! Much like the Crown of Persistence and Shield of Hallows thingamajig.

NECROREAPER
10-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Sam, with respect, I don't exactly think it would be that great if the pumpkin head were brought back. Although I do think that the vanity is uber awesome and I want one too, I would've expected a brand new vanity coming up, like a bat antler hat. But just something new and creative! Maybe as an addition to the pumpkin helm, you could make a pumpkin costume. That way, if a player who already had the hat who is wearing it and has a costume might get a set bonus! Much like the Crown of Persistence and Shield of Hallows thingamajig.

Thats an epic idea Roast, Holiday vanity sets!!!!

Elf-Orc-Naga
10-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Wow wow wee! Just keep up the good work what you think is the best for the community (players and devs) :) i feel this game is really expanding and really good. I think there are still lots of room to improve, innovate, and challenges! Oooops thought i am CEO lol hahaha.
I am a fan of max cap level, and i always want to attain it to get those special items.

My concern is: if we'Ll have new special vanity helm that means l56 crown will be worthless??? So i wonder what will be the new special item?thats exciting to know!

My idea is: how about making a helmet which overlays head of a char like the crown 56 before some update. Its like i can wear antenna over the crown 56. Then of course bonus set should not be broken. Whats your ideas?

Kossi
10-15-2011, 06:53 PM
What the HELL???

youre making the h'ween mask available again?
total BS

BS all around. make it like a skeleton hat or a differnt pumpkin hat, now people wearing the old one will not be as special.

cmon, show some of that creativity, sts., i havent seen it for a long long time

Kossi
10-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Great....

i know right? they need to come up with something new...

RBeltran
10-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Woohoo Halloween! Trick-or-Treating time.

Chiuey
10-16-2011, 02:25 AM
The Pumpkin Helmet sounds nice ^^
I can't wait.

Aperfecte
10-16-2011, 03:52 AM
Does anyone know what's the lowest level to farm for Halloween?

Is it going to be like last year, starting from level 20?

Lamchild
10-17-2011, 02:21 PM
To Sam/STS,

I can't speak for other people but for myself, I'm ready for new content! Maybe I play way too much cuz I'm already bored with Nuri. Nowadays, I mostly log on to CS a little, but the market's been very slow lately so not much going on there either. I pretty much had all 3 toons lvled to 61 after a week Nuri came out and crafted 2 1/2 Demonic Sets (decided not to complete mace set when rumors of Mt fang coming out during Halloween). Based on that, you can imagine how much plat/gold and hours i've spent. I'd like to thank my friends and ex-guildmates for the help and fast runs to help achieve that as well. Even tho i'm already bored, I do agree the update is coming a little to early but....I also think after New Years is a bit late. Sam and STS, please be considerate that most people don't live in PL like me (and other hardcore players) and capable of spending $$$ for thousands of plat to reach 61 in such a short time. May I suggest to push it back just a little to maybe mid DEC? Thank you in advance for your consideration.

My Fellow PL Players,
To be honest, 2 months is more than enough to reach 61 without spending plat for elixirs. Please keep in mind what "Hardcore" means. It means you sacrifice a lot of sleep and real life stuff. If you are playing casually (to me 1-2 hours a day is casual) then you don't deserve to be recognized as "Hardcore" and have elite items. Looking at the polls right now, 31% wants the update on Halloween and 38% wants it after New Years. So it would make sense to release it somewhere in the middle. To be fair, I feel STS is on the right track in trying to satisfy as many of us as possible based on our feedback. To those who b*tch about quitting, it's your choice to make. Posting it on forums doesn't help anything except to promote negativity. We play games to have fun and escape the dramas in reality! Please don't bring it into the game! Love you all! Cya in game!

stealthyman
10-17-2011, 02:39 PM
To Sam/STS,

I can't speak for other people but for myself, I'm ready for new content! Maybe I play way too much cuz I'm already bored with Nuri. Nowadays, I mostly log on to CS a little, but the market's been very slow lately so not much going on there either. I pretty much had all 3 toons lvled to 61 after a week Nuri came out and crafted 2 1/2 Demonic Sets (decided not to complete mace set when rumors of Mt fang coming out during Halloween). Based on that, you can imagine how much plat/gold and hours i've spent. I'd like to thank my friends and ex-guildmates for the help and fast runs to help achieve that as well. Even tho i'm already bored, I do agree the update is coming a little to early but....I also think after New Years is a bit late. Sam and STS, please be considerate that most people don't live in PL like me (and other hardcore players) and capable of spending $$$ for thousands of plat to reach 61 in such a short time. May I suggest to push it back just a little to maybe mid DEC? Thank you in advance for your consideration.

My Fellow PL Players,
To be honest, 2 months is more than enough to reach 61 without spending plat for elixirs. Please keep in mind what "Hardcore" means. It means you sacrifice a lot of sleep and real life stuff. If you are playing casually (to me 1-2 hours a day is casual) then you don't deserve to be recognized as "Hardcore" and have elite items. Looking at the polls right now, 31% wants the update on Halloween and 38% wants it after New Years. So it would make sense to release it somewhere in the middle. To be fair, I feel STS is on the right track in trying to satisfy as many of us as possible based on our feedback. To those who b*tch about quitting, it's your choice to make. Posting it on forums doesn't help anything except to promote negativity. We play games to have fun and escape the dramas in reality! Please don't bring it into the game! Love you all! Cya in game! ++1 great notion. I dont like the poshies and hardcores who say they will quit because...of a single vanity being brought back?

XxBlackNightXx
10-20-2011, 07:31 PM
I f****** quit! I loved PL and they raised the cap so fast i just quit... Im moving on to SL.

SL IGN: Vaktus
PL IGN: Mage-BlackNightXx, Bear-Eyeofpride

TO
:mad:

Fao
11-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Yippeeeee!!!lol late....

faot
11-22-2011, 01:36 PM
i dont get why low lvls get nothing and lvl 65 66 get awesome stuff like chiroceptra stuff and pl cancelled getting a reptilliean dagger i was gonna get that dagger. and they should cancel plat elixir othen than free ones cuz some people have money to buy plat and if ur a kid i dougt your mom and dad will buy u app cards for fake platinum.

faot
11-22-2011, 01:38 PM
ahhhh man i just got scammmed 200k from krazyghost so be warned from that scammer

Suentous PO
10-29-2012, 08:31 PM
I necro'd because its relevant to them having re-released old vanities. Some interesting views here, the more things change the more they stay the same.