PDA

View Full Version : Level 90 cap 2.0

KingCat
05-12-2017, 11:58 AM
My friend Dolloway pretty much summed up the balancing part. Now let's get down to pve, levelling, and quests.

Quests:
- First of all, please fix the glitch 214/215. I'm sure some people dislike seeing they're missing a quest. I know I do. Secondly, New players can't even get to 214/215. I tried finishing quests on my new character and I wasn't able to finish a few quests. They're nowhere to be found. I'm 14/16 in forest haven and 20/22 in blacksmoke mountain. This made me realize that the quest I might be missing are discontinued. They were probably related to the 76 cap inchor quest.

So what do we do?
Solution: 1. Erase the discontinued quests out of the system.
2. Replace the quests with something else so we can get 215/215
3. Bring back the old inchor quest. You can make it very difficult for people to earn. Yes I mean plat. Make a mini portal just to do this quest. And entry fee has to paid with plat. More $$ for you guys. If this is implemented, idk about others, but I'll be surely running this.

- Yesterday I had 4x daily combo and a day off from work, so I was questing all day long. I ran into something I didn't enjoy and ended up wasting my time. I've always loved quests because they reward you at the end. I did sand caves 2.0 from 77 cap I believe. Some quests were tough and very time consuming if you're doing it solo. At the end there was no reward and they didn't even count towards our quest count. Please fix this. Add quests from oktal, sand cave 2.0 to our total number of quests. Shadow caves also don't have any quests that count towards the total number, please add it to the list. And a reward for the sand cave quests would be nice.

- Remember totems quest? Inchor quest? Snowball 1000 quest? The slayr dragon quest? They were all long, a bit difficult if you did during the cap at the time, and best of all, they were all great in rewards.

For 90 cap:
- Let's make the quest more interesting, long, and time consuming.
- 20-30 quests sound ideal
- make the quests difficult like inchor quest and you could add a time frame on it. If you don't complete within the time frame, you'll have to restart that quest all over again.
- don't just have 1 quest that's long and difficult and at end it rewards you. No please. Make it more difficult and time consuming. Have 3-5 very difficult quests.
- reward. How about those purple/white dragon vanities I've been hearing all over forums and in game? Don't just hand it out like candy. Make us sweat, make us work hard for them. You can also add a plat dungeon to earn these vanities like dolloway suggested.

Levelling:
- Make levelling more challenging. Add more exp to every lvl.
- for 90 cap. Add 300k exp for 89-90 lvl
- people love to race to cap. Add a reward for first 50 to cap? Not 100. This way more people will be forced to race to cap. And what's the best way to lvl? I think we all know. Plat buying will definitely get you there first.

PVE/Dungeons:
- like dolloway suggested have 6-7 different sets. This will definitely get more people to farm more.
- have a mini plat dungeon that drops more items
- make the regular drop very rare. Remember the time when dragon vanities first came out during mount fang? Only a few people got drops. And then people complained on forums and you guys increased the drop rate? Implement this back. More people will be forced to buy plat elixirs to farm. I know it will be challenging, but it will be worth it. I'll guarantee you everyone's gonna be farming all day long. Pve will be very active. And ofc the hype.
- maybe implement this rare drop for the white/purple dragon vanities?

Faces:
- we definitely need new faces and even bring the Humana faces back. Add higher plat price on them.
- My guild member posted this couple days ago. Please check it out. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?395363-Face-suggestion!

Cinco
05-12-2017, 01:37 PM
I will indeed remove all the nutty combo Free elixirs when I update to Level 90 (which will actually be Level 100).

bountyghost
05-12-2017, 02:14 PM
Any hints on when the update will happen?

Cinco
05-12-2017, 02:47 PM
Not sure. Been grinding out a new expansion all this week. Will likely work on it all this weekend too.

I'd love to put something out before next week ends ;-)

KingCat
05-12-2017, 02:49 PM
How about that plat sale? It's been a long time.

bountyghost
05-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Maybe drop by in game and give us tiny hints about the what will be dropping in the next update.
:)

Cinco
05-12-2017, 03:09 PM
Part of the expansion takes place on a whole new planet...

I've always been a fan of the old Star Trek series where they'd wind up on Earth for some odd reason.

So I came up with a really odd reason to send Alterra's most powerful Legends to Earth :-))
(now we just gotta see if I can pull it off)

KingCat
05-12-2017, 03:22 PM

I've always been a fan of the old Star Trek series where they'd wind up on Earth for some odd reason.

So I came up with a really odd reason to send Alterra's most powerful Legends to Earth :-))

Please make the levelling difficult. Not as easy as current cap. And longer quests that keep us occupied.

bountyghost
05-12-2017, 03:40 PM
Very interesting. Will there be anything given to the players that level up to the cap?

Cinco
05-12-2017, 03:44 PM
Please make the levelling difficult. Not as easy as current cap. And longer quests that keep us occupied.

I'm coupling the grind with some very long collection quests - but I'm going to allow direct access to the zones (unlike the previous).

Toying with the idea of allowing the OK'TAL pets in these new zones (with all their buffs and stuff)... but I fear that this might trivialize the grind.

Cinco
05-12-2017, 03:44 PM
Very interesting. Will there be anything given to the players that level up to the cap?

That's the plan... but I'm not sure what it'll be yet. Most likely I'll pull the level cap rewards together at the very end of development.

bountyghost
05-12-2017, 03:47 PM
(Rewards). So you're saying more than 1 reward?

KingCat
05-12-2017, 03:52 PM
I'm coupling the grind with some very long collection quests - but I'm going to allow direct access to the zones (unlike the previous).

Toying with the idea of allowing the OK'TAL pets in these new zones (with all their buffs and stuff)... but I fear that this might trivialize the grind.

What about adding new pet and new stats? Same deal...we purchase with plat

Kurvy
05-12-2017, 04:03 PM

That sounds exciting cinco, thank you!

Weirdscience
05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
Awesome! And thanks for working on the incompatibility issues coming for Apple. I was starting to get bummed.

Buchmeister
05-12-2017, 05:52 PM
That's the plan... but I'm not sure what it'll be yet. Most likely I'll pull the level cap rewards together at the very end of development.

Oh my alterran god I'm hyped! One question, will the alien theme finally be put to rest and/or be re-done so it doesn't feel like a complete reskin?

Buchmeister
05-12-2017, 05:54 PM

Oh my alterran god I'm hyped! One question, will the alien theme finally be put to rest and/or be re-done so it doesn't feel like a complete reskin?

Buchmeister
05-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Ignore the double post, it lagged.

Kurvy
05-12-2017, 06:35 PM

Pets make the grind seem artificial, i vote no pets.

plpr
05-12-2017, 06:47 PM
Quest pets would be cool.

Loveyourself
05-12-2017, 07:00 PM
Pet buffs would be great but maybe no xp drop. Please don't make the pets useless, maybe let the pets gain level and gain buffs that it could buff the owner, in that way those pets would still be useful in the higher levels.

Please don't forget the stash in the new planet :/. We are still waiting for one in Planet.

Thank you for working on it :). I can't wait.

Wsrg
05-12-2017, 07:23 PM
With the the pets continuing, it's going to be slightly redundant and pointless. How many of us have ourselves or have SEEN people capping multiple toons like it's nothing, or farming easily- to the point of nearly being pointless...it almost feels as if there's nothing to being a capped character anymore. Give us something to work for and be proud of ;)

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Weirdscience
05-13-2017, 12:52 AM
I agree. Especially if 100 is going to be permanent cap. Give people a reason to have to stick around [emoji6]

Fwend
05-13-2017, 01:31 AM
The grind to level 85 was made easy and super fast due to The Overlord Prison Starship maps and the use of the Elite Oktal Pets being traded.

Level 77 super cap, 300k was a real challenge and not all could afford plat to cap, the grind was difficult.

Cino what ever you do, you can't please everyone. Do what you feel will be enjoyable.
I'm happy about the thought of a new cap, and more updates.

And Kingcat, the quests you may be missing in Blacksmoke Mountain are the 2 and 3 cap rings quests. Wear two and three different vanity cap items to be awarded these quests. You then proceed to the fallen prince in Blacksmoke towne who will award you the Ring of Valiance and Ring of Valiant Glory.

And the quests in 77 cap, Ancient Caverns as well as 80 cap, The Overlord Returns do not count towards the 215 quest count. You do however receive gold and or vanities for your efforts.

KingCat
05-13-2017, 08:29 AM
The grind to level 85 was made easy and super fast due to The Overlord Prison Starship maps and the use of the Elite Oktal Pets being traded.

Level 77 super cap, 300k was a real challenge and not all could afford plat to cap, the grind was difficult.

Cino what ever you do, you can't please everyone. Do what you feel will be enjoyable.
I'm happy about the thought of a new cap, and more updates.

And Kingcat, the quests you may be missing in Blacksmoke Mountain are the 2 and 3 cap rings quests. Wear two and three different vanity cap items to be awarded these quests. You then proceed to the fallen prince in Blacksmoke towne who will award you the Ring of Valiance and Ring of Valiant Glory.

And the quests in 77 cap, Ancient Caverns as well as 80 cap, The Overlord Returns do not count towards the 215 quest count. You do however receive gold and or vanities for your efforts.
Don't think I haven't tried the ring. I'm an old player and I know what I'm missing. Rings don't complete the quest. As far as the 77 cap goes. The caves doesn't give you a vanity reward and gold? It's not like you're even making 10k in gold.

Koolyah
05-13-2017, 12:50 PM
do not bring back human faces. It's the only way to point out a true oldy these days if you bring them back it will just ruin it for us who already have them!

KingCat
05-13-2017, 01:14 PM
do not bring back human faces. It's the only way to point out a true oldy these days if you bring them back it will just ruin it for us who already have them!

I know many verterans including myself that removed our Humania faces. So now we're considered as new gen? No...vanities trading was the biggest downfall for this.

HotDiggityDog
05-13-2017, 01:16 PM
I like being able to cap fast, the damage itself wasn't the reason I bought the pet because I don't really farm oktal maps, but say the per gave 2k damage in other maps or a platinum purchasable pet that did so for all maps and that's not sellable , that would be cool. A 4k platinum pet would be sweet that gave a very interesting buff but that's not traceable oh yeah

It can be tradeable

killinclaw
05-13-2017, 08:41 PM
Thanks for working on new content for us Cinco. I do support he idea of long quests, maybe even a few of them you'll have to craft something nice and show an NPC, to get an even better item. I don't like putting a time limit on capping. For example I bought 2k plat and was ready to grind for the egg, but that weekend my girl had pneumonia so we were in ER all weekend, and missed it. :( But if you do add it in make it a longer time period. Whatever it is you're cooking up I'm sure it'll be sweet. Thanks.

Jig
05-13-2017, 09:17 PM
I know many verterans including myself that removed our Humania faces. So now we're considered as new gen? No...vanities trading was the biggest downfall for this.

Exactly, there's heaps of old gens that removed it because it was ugly, I removed it myself because of that reason, a new gen can still own a human face by buying accounts.. all you can do is respect the person that's playing unless you have solid proof they bought that account. :)

plpr
05-13-2017, 11:30 PM
Exactly, there's heaps of old gens that removed it because it was ugly, I removed it myself because of that reason, a new gen can still own a human face by buying accounts.. all you can do is respect the person that's playing unless you have solid proof they bought that account. :)

Would be cool to have a green bar like here on the forum lol

Wsrg
05-14-2017, 02:46 PM
That line of reasoning works, but could kill the entire debate/think-tank lol...technically, someone could buy ANY account and pretend to be OG...no item itself would prove a persons status. Better to base your opinion of the persons "OG-ness" from their skill and PL knowledge.

Kurvy
05-14-2017, 04:47 PM
I like being able to cap fast, the damage itself wasn't the reason I bought the pet because I don't really farm oktal maps, but say the per gave 2k damage in other maps or a platinum purchasable pet that did so for all maps and that's not sellable , that would be cool. A 4k platinum pet would be sweet that gave a very interesting buff but that's not traceable oh yeah

It can be tradeable
We get it bro you want a easy platinum based game. Others like the grind and earning what we get.

Teo4evrLegend
05-17-2017, 05:18 AM
Same here kurvy

Zaosafler
05-18-2017, 01:13 PM
With the the pets continuing, it's going to be slightly redundant and pointless. How many of us have ourselves or have SEEN people capping multiple toons like it's nothing, or farming easily- to the point of nearly being pointless...it almost feels as if there's nothing to being a capped character anymore. Give us something to work for and be proud of ;)

It's not the pets that allowed this. It was the xp balls. No more of those in new levels.

I got 3 of the 20k xp balls first night of prison, and I forget how many 1 and 5k; and capped before my thrasher ran out. That was before pets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wsrg
05-18-2017, 01:15 PM
Oh, true...didn't put much thought into it I guess...thanks for that lol ;)

Wsrg
05-18-2017, 01:18 PM
I was thinking though...because we can normally gain xp for about 5 levels before we have to move up to next map...is that still gonna work? Like, stay in prison until 90 for xp balls, then go to the new maps? Just curious....

Cinco
05-18-2017, 01:26 PM
I'll put the crazy XP boosts in the Platinum dungeons. That'll fix everything.

Wsrg
05-18-2017, 01:34 PM
Nice. And don't bother replying to my earlier..dumb question lol....

Wsrg
05-18-2017, 01:36 PM
Xp balls gone after lvl 85, so duh....I smack myself for that...and thank a friend who pointed it out to me ;)

Koolyah
05-18-2017, 01:42 PM
I just want to play the new cap already :(