PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma... Getting on the roids

PatsoeGamer
10-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Mt fang is just around the corner!

I have my two level 60's which I want to get to the cap. Those who know me, I'm not one to pot... I'm very anti potting... So I need some help- which would you advise me to spend on to get both done by the time mt fang comes out.

Also, any mathematicians out there- how many hours would I need to play to make it to 61 from 60 without potting?!

Plus any tips on fast levelling e.g. Get with a group who all pot..

Plus can someone reassure me that potting up with elixirs is a good thing, as to me it seems like.... Cheating :-( oh dear what a dilemma I find myself in...!

So many questions, so little time!

Nourish
10-12-2011, 04:13 PM
No way to tell the amount of hours. It's more about how much exp you make a day

Ixillicus
10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't think that it's coming so quickly that you need to panic. I'd recommend running with a fast group at House of Pain or Symphony.

NECROREAPER
10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
It *is* coming quick ixillicus, the end of this month.

MimeRifle
10-12-2011, 04:18 PM
The computer game fallacy would say it isn't cheating if the game lets you do it. Another old sports saying says "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying!"

Having said that - I have had battles with elixer/enhancer dependency and I understand the ethical conundrum. ;)

Ixillicus
10-12-2011, 04:21 PM
It *is* coming quick ixillicus, the end of this month.

Is there a post somewhere or what is this based on? Last I heard the halloween event was this month and that Mt. Fang was pushed off until a future date, and then the cap would be raised.

TANKKAAR
10-12-2011, 04:30 PM
I ran 4x elixirs on all 3 of my lvl 61s

If you do mime runs only potted on a 4x these are my guesstimations based on experience...
-Assuming 5 players and a good team you will earn 500+xp per mime run
-These runs for me were taking the straightest path to the mime and not clearing entire map (example: only clear laft side of graveyard to access path to mime)
-RMK after mime
-entire process will take about approximately 3.5minutes to make, wait for team to join (assuming they are waiting for RMK), and clear to then kill mime

Based on these numbers here are my calculations:
(4x) 60min combo / 3.5min run = approx. 17 runs

500xp per run x 17 runs = 8500 possible xp per 60min

100590xp needed / 8500 = 12 total 4x combo pots

12 total 4x pots x 36 plat cost per pot (assuming tier 3 guild) = 432 Plat

Note:
Results may vary depending on team

Hope this helps :)

PatsoeGamer
10-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Is there a post somewhere or what is this based on? Last I heard the halloween event was this month and that Mt. Fang was pushed off until a future date, and then the cap would be raised.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39581-What-s-Next-for-Pocket-Legends-%96-Halloween-Event-and-Mount-Fang

PatsoeGamer
10-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks tank! Now the decision to do it or not...

WoundedEagle
10-12-2011, 04:50 PM
I hate this. May quit because of it...

PatsoeGamer
10-12-2011, 04:58 PM

I feel the same way, but I don't want to quit- I just feel very disheartened by it... Chin up wounded matey ol pal! Maybe the devs will think of something as there's a lot of unhappy souls out there

pastrychef
10-12-2011, 05:35 PM
If you can afford the time and plats, I'd say do it. The vanity set bonus is just too good.

arischal
10-12-2011, 05:38 PM

I feel the same way, but I don't want to quit- I just feel very disheartened by it... Chin up wounded matey ol pal! Maybe the devs will think of something as there's a lot of unhappy souls out there
It will be an award for people who dropped tons on platinum. Taking away my chance at getting shield of hallows is like when they took awaay the veterans helm out of android users hands. I quit a while back cuz of that ... and came back spent some money now I feel like quitting again. Not cool

mejslll
10-12-2011, 05:41 PM
you can do about 1000xp every ten min... that should help ya (4x elixer and a full group(group with or with out elixers))

Ixillicus
10-12-2011, 06:04 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39581-What-s-Next-for-Pocket-Legends-%96-Halloween-Event-and-Mount-Fang

Thanks. I don't like this. I posted my thoughts on that thread. This is too soon.

PatsoeGamer
10-13-2011, 05:42 AM
Next question - the nuri shield is a one size fits all? By this I mean dex, int and str compatible? And can it be stashed?

Aki
10-13-2011, 06:11 AM
Yes, there is no stat requirement, only lvl requirement. No it cannot be stashed.

PatsoeGamer
10-13-2011, 06:55 AM
There's no way I can grind my two 60's to 61 in two weeks :-(
Guess I'll retreat into the shadows and try to figure out what the point of playing is now.. Toiling over the countless hours wasted trying to get there...

mackjack
10-13-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm in the same boat: 60k xp with 0 hp elixirs (not even the 1.5x gold bought ones)...

I really want to get to 61 for the set bonus, but am undecided if I want to spend real money to do so. Guess I'll give it a few more days and see if the devs change their tune on raising the level cap so soon before I decide to juice up or not.