PDA

View Full Version : One month to make 100,000 exp is not enough time

Hankomachos
10-12-2011, 04:50 PM
This is my opinion, and feel free to flame me, disagree, or whatever.
Sts, you make good games, but IMO raising the level cap this soon is ridiculous. One month to make 100,000 exp is not enough time. I am, of course talking about those who can't afford or don't have platinum. I appreciate that you keep making new content but at least to wait until next year or something. It isn't fair for those who work, go to school; to have less than a month to achieve the highest level. What was the point of demonic gear, purple antennas, etc. when in a months time it'll become obsolete?
As I said, I know you're only human, but, raising the level cap THIS soon is beyond me.
Maybe I'm paranoid but, it seems like you only care about those who buy chagillions of platinum. That is, of course, the way I see it. Others may differ, and i respect that.
/rant

adidaman
10-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Actually my friend, I managed it with just daily elixrs and constant 1.5x elixrs, with plenty of time to spare. (and 1 4x at the beginning, but I got less then 10k exp on it.) so don't be so quick to rant

Bunnyshoota
10-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Actually my friend, I managed it with just daily elixrs and constant 1.5x elixrs, with plenty of time to spare. (and 1 4x at the beginning, but I got less then 10k exp on it.) so don't be so quick to rant
I totally agree with hank. If you still have plenty of time to spare, then that means you didn't read the rant. This rant is because many youths and adults alike have to go to school or work constantly. I'm still at school, AND i can only play on weekends, as do many other people who want to be successful later on in life.
Thanks,
Bunnyshoota

Samhayne
10-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I changed the thread title to better describe the content of your post.

Pink-O-Mat
10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I totally agree
and as I posted in the announcement already, wouldn't it be possible for those ppl between 60 and 61 to choose to lvl the "long road" to still get the Nuri Shield given the little time window we had.

Bunnyshoota
10-12-2011, 05:17 PM
I changed the thread title to better describe the content of your post.
Such great powers....................O.o

Whirlzap
10-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Yeah I think the Level 56 thing wait was wayy too long.
We heard the sneak peak like a few months before Nuri acrually got released lol.
And this is too fast IMO. I'm thinking 5-6 months is the optimum.

drewcapu
10-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Wait til the million xp or so to get from L99 to L100

pastrychef
10-12-2011, 05:30 PM
I agree. One month is way too short, especially for people with multiple toons. A little bit more notice of when the caps will be raised could also help in allowing people to plan.

Bunnyshoota
10-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Another thing to note Sam:
Lots of people like me are not focusing to get the shield. I'm just trying to level up as much as possible, which is tough due to limited playing time. My suggestion is for level 56+ to have access to the new campaign rather than 58+. I know this might be hard for those 56 and 57, but it would help us reach our goals. Of course, I logistically understand why you would make 58+ people have access only.
Thanks,
Bunnyshoota

Zeus
10-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I really hope you guys don't release the campaign this early. This announcement pretty much made demonic worthless.

RedRyder
10-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Ugh

Fncrazy
10-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Release it.

Slush
10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Release it.

No. :)

Ixillicus
10-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Where/when was this announced?

PS: I think that this is too soon.

RedRyder
10-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Release it.

Yea you got to 61 ages ago :p I'm probably the only one in our guild, besides Parth (Apollo) I think,that's still at 60.

Where/when was this announced?

PS: I think that this is too soon.

It should be in the announcements section :)

McBain
10-12-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm always up for new content, and I almost hate to say this, but it might be too much at once with the Halloween stuff and a whole new campaign dropping at the same time. It might make sense to stagger them a bit more, especially if there's nothing new planned for a while after this. In other words, if after Mt. Fang there won't be a new campaign in the works for 5-6 months, wait another 2-3 months for Mt. Fang so that the release dates are somewhat evenly spaced. Of course, for all we know STS may be doing this already and there will be yet another new campaign coming by the end of the year.

And no, your Nuri sets are not worthless. Sewer pinks are still good, so Nuri items will be too. At any rate, that's the price you pay for being an early adopter, like how everyone will camp out at the Apple store for the new iPhone and pay through the roof rather than waiting 6 months for the price to drop. It's just life. There always be something better coming along.

DJMdivine
10-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Yea Since last elite cap I now get
Home from school everyday at around 5:20 p.m. Instead of the usual 3:10 p.m. leaving me sick to my stomach and unbelivably sleepy from the medicine I take just to keep my grades up. I then sleep till 9 p.m. do my homework and play at least 2-3 hours of PL to get my exp. up bit by bit and go to bed at around 12-1 a.m. before hittin the hay again. As many others as do I think we should have at least until december or early next year.

Uzikrabd
10-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Wait til the million xp or so to get from L99 to L100

It would be lvl 100-101 lol its not 5 and 0 caps its 1 abd 6 caps lol hahaha and i agree releasing so soon so people dont have much time is rediculous

McBain
10-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Keep in mind we're talking about a level cap, not a level requirement. You're under no obligation to reach the maximum level at any given time, and it shouldn't be easy to do so, hence the vanity reward you get if you do reach the level cap. If you find it important to reach the level cap, that's your own business, but it definitely shouldn't factor into STS' decision making in my opinion.

Xazic
10-12-2011, 07:27 PM
And there i blew away a few mills which i used on the demonic set... *sigh*
Back to farming :/

Nick41324
10-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Its to get the devoted people that spent money on elixirs to lvl up again and spend more real money on elixirs. ;) I'm sure STS saw a huge incline of people spend money on platinum when they raised the cap to 61.

(what I think..)

protectorofnoobs
10-12-2011, 07:38 PM
what sts doesnt realize is that the more content releases only people who are addicts and spend half the day on pl will stay while other average peopl who liked the "pick up and play" concept will leave which will lead to less customers and by doing this they will only make it harder for newbies to enjoy the game

Xazic
10-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Its to get the devoted people that spent money on elixirs to lvl up again and spend more real money on elixirs. ;) I'm sure STS saw a huge incline of people spend money on platinum when they raised the cap to 61.

(what I think..)

Yeah might be... BUT THIS GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN, NOT MONEY DRAINING!! :( And my demonic set is useless with new stuff coming

ThePvpTwink
10-12-2011, 07:42 PM
This is little time for some... but also allows others who play a lot to lvl. It will be a while before mt fang comes out so you have time. There isnt a time limit to get to the max lvl so take your time and enjoy the game! :D

Hankomachos
10-12-2011, 07:46 PM
This is little time for some... but also allows others who play a lot to lvl. It will be a while before mt fang comes out so you have time. There isnt a time limit to get to the max lvl so take your time and enjoy the game! :D

It's coming near the end of October, apparently...

ThePvpTwink
10-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Depends how much you play but there is no need to rush to 61 now...

Cytokinesis
10-12-2011, 07:51 PM
This is absolutly idiotic.

drewcapu
10-12-2011, 07:52 PM
It would be lvl 100-101 lol its not 5 and 0 caps its 1 abd 6 caps lol hahaha and i agree releasing so soon so people dont have much time is rediculous

I'm aware of that.

But long ago there was mention of a plan to go up to L100, so that's what I went with.

And it's a round number.

That pleases Mr. Monk.

stank
10-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Did i miss something. Cause the way i heard it was that mount fang was the campaign that was gonna raise lvl cap to 66 and that mount fang was not gonna be the halloween event. The halloween event was gonna b its own thing. Then a winter fest and mount fang sometime next year was the way i understood it. Please correct me if you heard differently a devs mouth.

ThePvpTwink
10-12-2011, 07:55 PM
I thought it was coming out next year too...?:tongue:

Ixillicus
10-12-2011, 08:11 PM
I thought it was coming out next year too...?:tongue:

Apparently we can expect it early November.

Kaarataka
10-12-2011, 08:21 PM
what sts doesnt realize is that the more content releases only people who are addicts and spend half the day on pl will stay while other average peopl who liked the "pick up and play" concept will leave which will lead to less customers and by doing this they will only make it harder for newbies to enjoy the game

+1

This is exactly how I feel about it.

Whirlzap
10-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Meh STS I know what you're getting at.
Release of new level cap+especially hard dungeons+especially long grind=motivation of plat elixirs=more income

I think it's better if you delayed the Mt Fang release, would invoke many more players time to get to 61, and a mad rush of plat elixiring to 61, am I right?

Lowlyspy
10-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I changed the thread title to better describe the content of your post.
good to know the devs are hearing our feedback.

I agree, 1 month is wayyyy too soon, i could understand an update without a new lvl cap but a cap increase at this level this soon after a major increase is just too fast. We like improvements to the game but there has to be a steady pace for these things.

Nick41324
10-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah might be... BUT THIS GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN, NOT MONEY DRAINING!! :( And my demonic set is useless with new stuff coming
Do u think STS is just making games for fun? Nah... There making games to make money AND be fun. I very honestly do not blame them for what they are doing what-so-ever! They are a growing company earning big bucks now :) of corse they listen to their fans but when they are doing business, again, I do not blame them.

Nick41324
10-12-2011, 08:48 PM
This is absolutly idiotic.
When it comes to actually playing the game, yes you are correct. When it comes down to making money.. Not at all. It's genius! Lol

Hankomachos
10-12-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way! :)
Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Xymorg
10-12-2011, 08:56 PM

In what way will it make it harder for newbies to enjoy the game? I've always been a "pick up and play" player & enjoyed every minute, even though I'll never have the most gold, the best gears, or formidable pvp skillz...

We're not really playing against each other, it's more like playing music together: more fun than playing alone & not really a competition :tranquillity:

modredd
10-12-2011, 09:25 PM
:blue:I am against this and from my point this serves us no use, I hope greed is not the motivation.
I love this game and respect STS but I do not know if how I feel will change anything.
It makes me sad. At least improve the drop rate.

protectorofnoobs
10-12-2011, 09:29 PM
What im trying to say is less people will play and the community will eventually become smaller (especially the endgame players) this is going to deter people from having a fun time cuz theres not that many people around plus itll take a lot more time for newbies to actually get to the endlevels

Ghastly
10-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Calm, calm, calm down. This game isn't fun with complainers around. Hold your horses and think for a minute. STS will do the right thing in the end. I think 6 months each cap is enough. STS give us Till January. As I said in the other thread.

Yvonnel
10-12-2011, 09:41 PM
In what way will it make it harder for newbies to enjoy the game? I've always been a "pick up and play" player & enjoyed every minute, even though I'll never have the most gold, the best gears, or formidable pvp skillz...

We're not really playing against each other, it's more like playing music together: more fun than playing alone & not really a competition :tranquillity:

As always wonderful, wise advice. I have 1 at cap and will have my second before Mt. Fang releases.

My pain is for those who can't afford plat to grind easily. With the limited time I have to play, without plat elixirs I would not be at level cap in time for this release.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

Rare
10-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Normally I love the content and pace of of updates. I didnt even mind the length of BS all that much.

The timing of this release though is unfortunate for a couple reasons:

1. Nuri is only a couple months old. Without elixir its tough reaching 61 in this time frame. Even at two hours a day, its tough. I realize two hours isn't much for some, but when you have a job and family its quite a lot. I know, its a me problem. Nonetheless, Im sure I'm not alone.

2. Demonic crafting is only few weeks old and will be rendered almost worthless (yes a slight exageration). A lot of people spent a lot of time and gold trying to craft this gear. Another me problem, I know.

I doubt STS will reconsider, so I won't make any plea. I just think its unfortunate.

Just one humble opinion.

Hankomachos
10-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Normally I love the content and pace of of updates. I didnt even mind the length of BS all that much.

The timing of this release though is unfortunate for a couple reasons:

1. Nuri is only a couple months old. Without elixir its tough reaching 61 in this time frame. Even at two hours a day, its tough. I realize two hours isn't much for some, but when you have a job and family its quite a lot. I know, its a me problem. Nonetheless, Im sure I'm not alone.

2. Demonic crafting is only few weeks old and will be rendered almost worthless (yes a slight exageration). A lot of people spent a lot of time and gold trying to craft this gear. Another me problem, I know.

I doubt STS will reconsider, so I won't make any plea. I just think its unfortunate.

Just one humble opinion.

Couldn't of said it better myself. ;)

Rare
10-12-2011, 09:47 PM
As always wonderful, wise advice. I have 1 at cap and will have my second before Mt. Fang releases.

My pain is for those who can't afford plat to grind easily. With the limited time I have to play, without plat elixirs I would not be at level cap in time for this release.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

Very true. I bought a decent plat pack. The intention wasnt to use it on elixer but for other content (e.g. Holiday items, etc) with some elixer sprinkled in.

Fncrazy
10-12-2011, 09:47 PM
?, Is it to soon for the reasons u guys posted? Or is it to soon cause u guys blew 10mill on sets that r now going to be worth half that if your lucky? I believe the second is the real reason for all the complaining. Maybe it should be a lesson that we shouldn't charge each other 10mill for sets cause the next day u could be stuck with a 2mill set. Work with it homies u guys set & paid the prices no one else. Bring the update I'm ready....lol

Lysdexic
10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
I think it's too fast as well :(

Hankomachos
10-12-2011, 09:51 PM
?, Is it to soon for the reasons u guys posted? Or is it to soon cause u guys blew 10mill on sets that r now going to be worth half that if your lucky? I believe the second is the real reason for all the complaining. Maybe it should be a lesson that we shouldn't charge each other 10mill for sets cause the next day u could be stuck with a 2mill set. Work with it homies u guys set & paid the prices no one else. Bring the update I'm ready....lol

This ISN'T about the sets; it's about those who can't afford plat, or those who work, or go to school, etc.

Elyseon
10-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Definately not enough time and
People barely had any time to test out demonic sets in pvp
Is the update just for more income?

Numb
10-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Why complain isn't 60 the normal cap

ghost.mw
10-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Agreed not all of us have a lot of time to play even if I used an elixir its not going to help a lot

pastrychef
10-12-2011, 10:15 PM

It has nothing to do with sets. I didn't pay millions for any of that fancy gear and had no intention of ever purchasing them.

stank
10-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Me and some friends farmed for our demonic sets and i have a lvl 61. So its not the money wasted cause there was none. I just want more time to lvl my alts to 61 cause i dont wanna miss out on the shield.

Orcish
10-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Let's not forget the exclusive hardcore leaderboards
Congrats
In the future, we'll make a leaderboard for these. I think we'll also make a separate leaderboard for characters that didn't use an elixir while achieving the final level.
-ALS
Which adds another element to this whole issue. As much as I love new content, this release is way too soon. I don't even have a full Nuri set yet and I'm still enjoying Nuris! Really if I miss out on a shield needed for the hardcore set, I'll be taking a break until DL comes out. I'm lucky to dedicate five hours a week to PL, this is why I gave up on SL altogether. We're taking away the casual style of these mobile games by creating these short deadlines, and while this great for the select few the masses suffer for it.
If it was up to me I would remove the hardcore levels all together, and replace it with a new boss kill bar under the xp bar. After so many boss kills/elite missions (a ton of them, maybe defeating certain bosses in a certain order or adding elite missions?) players can turn in their hardcore points/gems/trophies for the these "uber" items. In this manner everyone has a chance so long as they spend large ammounts of time trying to acheive their goals.

Edit- Maybe these elite missions could be extremely difficult to the point where players would need a very tactful or hardcore team to acheive. This would push players to purchase plat to make their adventure slightly easier to accomplish.

Xymorg
10-12-2011, 10:47 PM
At the last cap (56) even casual players like me meandered in 3 months after the sprinters made it in 4 days. It kind of degrades the elite status for the hard core. If people want to quit because it takes too much time & money to stay at the top, then there's really no way to stop them.

A steep progression curve keeps the interest of the hard core (& as has been pointed out, should generate steady plat purchases). If you really want the game to thrive, one player who would quit if it was too easy is probably worth 20 that will quit if it's too hard...

...Make that 100 if we're talking about Royce :) may he be inactive in peace :)

Blind
10-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Listen people who have said that you want it to be released. You are probably sitting there with capped gold and lvl 61 with melodic auto. Now how about people who spent all money on new sets, yes it's their choise, but who the heck would know that it would be so cheap next day. What's the point of crafted sets then? Also many people already said that people go to work school and do sports. Maybe they are hardcore enough but just don't have enough time. Don't be so selfish and think of other people who got screwed over.
P.S Sts come on guys are you screwing with us?
Ugh...$$$ is all people want these days.

modredd
10-12-2011, 11:56 PM
STS in the past has always respected our voice,I can't believe one player was thinking its been a month, time for a Lvl increase?
They have not said much since they made this announcement and that speaks volumes!
We have the choice to not play Mt Fang as well!
Having thought about it and being Lvl 61 I leave it up to the players to speak up I wish Mt fang would come out w/o a Lvl increase and make new gear not old gear renamed with better drop rates!:emmersed:

dudetus
10-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Not. Cool.

Lost almost all of my money because of this super fast cap raise.

Uepauke
10-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Keep in mind we're talking about a level cap, not a level requirement. You're under no obligation to reach the maximum level at any given time, and it shouldn't be easy to do so, hence the vanity reward you get if you do reach the level cap. If you find it important to reach the level cap, that's your own business, but it definitely shouldn't factor into STS' decision making in my opinion.

This is leaving out the 61 shield.

I'm torn about this. I want the shield, but I can't afford the time nor the plat to make it there before Halloween. The chances are that the shield will not be offered, like the helm, after the level cap raised. It's not so much the rep the shield gives, which wouldn't be so much now, but the set bonus, and I really love set bonuses :), and my completist nature (i.e. do all quests, get the end game sets, etc).

Gluttony
10-13-2011, 12:50 AM
STS in the past has always respected our voice,I can't believe one player was thinking its been a month, time for a Lvl increase?
They have not said much since they made this announcement and that speaks volumes!

Devs are sleeping, right? How about we just push it back to January or Feburary as players once thought, is the only reason that it's being released within the "Halloween season" simply because the genre is so similar? Vampires = Halloween sure I get that but 55-56 gets ~7 months (one week shy of) and 60-61 gets ~2 months, that I don't get at all. STS has already proved they are not above recycling content so why rush the cap increase simply because the vibe is halloween oriented? I'd hope they listen to everyone's voice, but I fear the minority don't spend on elixirs and may not have a fair representation in this debate. Most of the alread 61 levels are only upset over the in game currency lost due to the recent announcement, so if that's they're only hang up on the issue pretty sure STS will forge on.

drewcapu
10-13-2011, 12:58 AM

There's going to be plenty more level cap raises, folks.

You can bet each level cap item will be an upgrade to a previous one as we cycle through the slots.

And since there's only 2 vanity slots, the next level cap raise item might be an upgrade to the CoP vanity (unless they give out a ring???? oooooooh)

And no, I don't have a 61.

I only have a 56, 56, 56, 35, 33, 32, 30, 25, 22, 20, 15, 12, 10, 10, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 2, 1.

Gluttony
10-13-2011, 01:05 AM
And since there's only 2 vanity slots, the next level cap raise item might be an upgrade to the CoP vanity (unless they give out a ring???? oooooooh).

That's kind of the point isn't it, the CoP which we had 7 months to get will be replaced while the shield which we had 2 months to get will stay and be used until the next cap update. I can almost smell the flame threads now about how unfair pvp is when only plat elixir user were able to get a vanity set and others were not. It'll be chaos in the townes of Alterra, anarchy will reign supreme, one shield to rule them all! Maybe not who knows.

drewcapu
10-13-2011, 01:07 AM
Maybe they'll do another shield and no new content for 7 months! :D

pastrychef
10-13-2011, 01:20 AM
The chances are that the shield will not be offered, like the helm, after the level cap raised.

Correct. Already confirmed.

csb
10-13-2011, 01:30 AM
I just level up to max minus 1, and stop playing the character until the next update. Completing the last level is a silly waste of time, imho.

csb
10-13-2011, 01:37 AM
...unfair pvp is when only plat elixir user were able to get a vanity set and others were not...

I think all reward vanity items should reset to empty stats in pvp. Any stats on such items should only show up in PVE. Otherwise, what's the point of participating in pvp if it is biased towards people who spend money on plat for elixirs?

cynic
10-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Ugh
I told u guys if time will come ok deal with it

AbsolutePally
10-13-2011, 04:29 AM
Trying to keep this short.
Raising the level cap this quickly only benefits the avid gamer like myself. The 61 bonus is really strong, stronger than the founders helm. Yes we "worked" hard to achieve the status but it completely alienates future gamers.
-For example, my lil bro loves this game but he cant play much and he started late as many others have and will, in the future. Why do they not get an oppurtunity to get their own crown (56) and shield (61)? That was apart of the fun for a lot of us, and you are taking that away from a lot of potential NEW plat buyers/players.
*Why not give those an option, an "elite quest" to achieve great status if they choose to? Those are they type of ppl I will prolly see in the arena and ctf maps. If all the avid pvpers quit, which by my guess there are only a few dozen elite hardcore fighters, pvp essentially would collapse and its a big part of the game. I can already imagine potential new pvpers, the competitive driven types being discouraged immediatly even more so now by the fact that they will never obtain the vanity bonus.
Do you guys remember 1000 pelts and snowballs? That took forever when I was coming up. It was hard and the prize wasnt even good lol. But we had the option to experience it.
Basically what I am saying is you may destroy the dynamics of this game by depriving newer less experienced players or people that dont have the time to play or pour platinum into this. Even if they only get 5/10/20 dollars here and there, it adds up!
Halloween stuff is a great appetizer for Mt. Fang.
Make this game 4-D, not just 3-D. the fourth is time, let each person experience it on their own time and schedules not just pushing and pushing becuase it may drive out some people.

Scenario...
* In cs, chilling in town a few months from now. Level 38 comes up to me.*
New guy-"hey where did you get that shield from? Whats it called?"
Me- "its a vanity shield you cant get it anymore."
New guy -"oh what does it do? Howd u get it??"
Me- "i started before you, it gives a huge stat increase."
New guy -"oh." *loses interest*

cynic
10-13-2011, 04:36 AM
Yeah might be... BUT THIS GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN, NOT MONEY DRAINING!! :( And my demonic set is useless with new stuff cominghaha u were in my theard a lot lol bang in your face, this wht i tried to say all along but now DEVS RELEASE PLZ

Darkfader
10-13-2011, 04:48 AM
I totally agree with this thread, few points.
New campaign is welcome, and I'm sure everyone wants to see new campaign coming.
Level cap raise is too early, and hope we can as community affect into this.

As suggestion how this could be solved I have an idea.
Release mt. Fang as new platinum campaign(10-50plat), those who want head start to campaign can buy it. Don't raise level cap yet let it run for a month more with 61 level cap. Then make campaign free and raise level cap and reward players who have bough mt fang with cool vanity or something else.

Opinions?

bglir
10-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Hi, i agree with hank, raising the level cap is way to early.
since the new map (nuris) i have buy plats 2800 total, thats the first time in my life spending that much on a game because i really love and enjoy this game, i just want to feel and join those who is in the rank of hardcore and earn all the pink drops i never have in previous map before, finally earning nuris glyph charmin and strongmans sets i start crafting and spent millions of gold and im halfway on completing both my demonic sets.
i will be really sad if all my effort will just go to waste and to only to start all over again with the new maps.
STS please give more time for those who wants to reach the level cap and enjoy the sets that they work hard to get and craft.

cynic
10-13-2011, 04:52 AM
New campaign is welcome, and I'm sure everyone wants to see new campaign coming.

Release mt. Fang as new platinum campaign(10-50plat), those who want head start to campaign can buy it. Don't raise level cap yet let it run for a month more with 61 level cap. Then make campaign free and raise level cap and reward players who have bough mt fang with cool vanity or something else.

Opinions?
500 plat for a new dungeon sounds a good price!

Hankomachos
10-13-2011, 06:41 AM

Opinions?
500 plat for a new dungeon sounds a good price!

Quit trolling.

okakabarah
10-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Absolutly agree with Alwaysdtf and Hank.

I love to have 2 new maps as soon as 2 months since last upgrade, i dont mind about level cap cuz im a pot user and the gold i invest on sets will come back with the new items farm. BUT, what about the other ppl? Those who can not buy plat or dont have time enough to lvl up in a month. Cop set gives a high bonus now, so those who cannot get them will lose interest on pvp and even on main game; cuz no matter how hard they work, they will never reach the hard-core ppl stats.
Give them the chance of get the items!!
As Hank said a new elite dungeon could make it, or maybe a new super-hard quest at Mount Fang.
Otherwise every new player will quit as fast as he realizes he cannot have a top toon no matter what he does.

Just a feedback. :)

Flickz
10-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Absolutly agree with Alwaysdtf and Hank.

I love to have 2 new maps as soon as 2 months since last upgrade, i dont mind about level cap cuz im a pot user and the gold i invest on sets will come back with the new items farm. BUT, what about the other ppl? Those who can not buy plat or dont have time enough to lvl up in a month. Cop set gives a high bonus now, so those who cannot get them will lose interest on pvp and even on main game; cuz no matter how hard they work, they will never reach the hard-core ppl stats.
Give them the chance of get the items!!
As Hank said a new elite dungeon could make it, or maybe a new super-hard quest at Mount Fang.
Otherwise every new player will quit as fast as he realizes he cannot have a top toon no matter what he does.

Just a feedback. :) Since when do people pick up a new game and say im never gonna be the highest level i quit? Lol when did you start playing, when i started the cap was 55. I leveled to 30 started over because i cared about kd then got to 30 again by the time i was going through the swamps i thought i would never reach 50 and i quit but that was because i was playing to much and im not a hardcore gamer. When i started back up i got to 53 and the cap raised but all i was thinking was im gonna get to lv 60 so i can have to cool stuff they have not oh i have to work more to get there i quit.

Walkhardd
10-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Sry if this was said already (there's lots of posts to read) but just wanted to throw in my 2 cents...I'm not mad about new map or even lvl cap raise..I will always embrace new content..however..in the future I would appreciate a lot more notice that the cap will be raised..alot of us spent hours farming , and spending most of the gold we've earned over time, on glyph and demonic sets , only to watch it plummet in a matter of weeks..btw I still love sts and pl..just more warning next time!

eric10725
10-13-2011, 08:52 AM
YOU STS CAN'T ONLY CARE ABOUT PLAYERS WHO SPENT LOTS OF MONEY ON 4X ELIXERS !!IT'S TOO HARD TO GET 100K XP IN ONLY FEW WEEKS!!!:mad:

cynic
10-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Quit trolling.
Not trolling just helping and 500 seems fair, dungeon price for 500 is better then a useless vanity

wvhills
10-13-2011, 10:27 AM
I totally agree that PL has become all about making money. I have no problems with the devs making money but let's keep it within reason. Elixirs, which in my opinion have ruined the game, are selling like hotcakes. You can't find a game in nuri's without at least 2 people using (most of the time it's 3 or 4). STS is making a killing the way it is. Having devs justify decisions with the phrase "we have to put food on the table" to me is like Kobe Bryant saying he needs a raise to "take care of his family". The bottom line is people spent a lot of money to level to 60 or 61 and many of them have quit buying plat because they've maxed out. STS just wants to suck more money out of the big spenders, hence the new level increase. It's the same thing with the 500 plat vanity helm, which was just a test to see how high they can price an item that people will buy.

Just for the record, I believe the devs should be paid for creating an awesome game. I just wish they'd find a way to do it other than elixirs which have ruined it. A lot of this type of uproar would be eliminated then because that's all this new level cap is about- selling elixirs.

Hankomachos
10-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Quit trolling.
Not trolling just helping and 500 seems fair, dungeon price for 500 is better then a useless vanity

If they charged 500 plat for a map; it'd cause even more problems.

Nick41324
10-13-2011, 10:38 AM
I think everyone will be much smart when they are about to spend 10mil on a new set from mount fang :P

I think this mt fang (new lvl cap) thing has to do with fixing prices on items and about the RL money if u think about it. People will surely think twice about spending over 2m for a new set (I hope)

cynic
10-13-2011, 10:41 AM
If they charged 500 plat for a map; it'd cause even more problems.
not for me, remove the potions and elixers and ask 500 plat for a map. this would solve the problem for me.
i would pay this for every new map as long as the gamespoiling potions disapear

Hankomachos
10-13-2011, 10:50 AM
not for me, remove the potions and elixers and ask 500 plat for a map. this would solve the problem for me.

very selfish things you're saying...

AbsolutePally
10-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Hey everyone,

To update this announcement, the Halloween Event will be out the last week in October while Mount Fang will follow later in November.

Better?

RedRyder
10-13-2011, 11:12 AM

Lol yea anything for your convenience. When campaigns used to cost plat (all of them not just the extra ones,) they were 5 play each. Then when ao3 came out, the price was bumped to 20 platinum. This caused a huge uproar (personally, I didn't mind) so what makes you think anyone else would be ok with paying a rediculous 500 plat? Sure it'd be worth it more for that than a vanity, but 500 is still really rediculous.

Your illusions of how pl should be played are also far fetched. Just because YOU prefer it that way, does not mean that we all have to be subject to it. This isn't a communist community. We don't all have to go through someone's desire, ESPECIALLY if their posts and suggestions exhibit lack of reason.

RedRyder
10-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Hey everyone,

To update this announcement, the Halloween Event will be out the last week in October while Mount Fang will follow later in November.

Better?

That's actually decent :) those that wish to get to 61 without elixirs now have the time to do so. I'm pretty happy now.
Mount fang will probably occur as the November update (last year we got wyldewood.) thanks for the news :)

Navygreen
10-13-2011, 11:23 AM
I'll put it like this. I didn't make it to any of the other level caps in time. I never got any vanities for achieving that task. I've missed all kinds of holiday events. I've missed devs in game. I've missed a lot of things. Why not add another miss to that list? Lol... I definately won't be making it in time, but i'll just have to work up to it.

But I imagine it would suck to spend a lot of time (and even money) to get special items only to have them replaced and just mean nothing. Maybe there's something we're missing here. Maybe they have a trick up their sleeve? Who knows. Good luck to you all though.

Gluttony
10-13-2011, 11:34 AM

Hopefully that'll be November 30th, Nuri's came out September 1 so that'll be 3 months to make it to 61 which is a bit of a grind for anyone who isn't willing to burn the plat. Still not sure it's worth the effort just to miss by a few thousand or something in the end. I'm not willing to compromise my non-platinum elixir ways for the shield, and on the other hand I don't see it mathematically possible to achieve this feat in the maximin time allotted. Anyone else going to make a plat free push?

Josephjackson
10-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Hank the stud! !!

Navygreen
10-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Anyone else going to make a plat free push?

Oh i'm quite sure you won't be alone.

Ghastly
10-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Reading these threads got me thinking.....
Think back to when Nuri's Hallows first came out, remember what it first said in the little box in the corner.

''NURI'S HALLOWS HAS COME OUT WITH THE ABILITY OF GUILDS AND A LEVEL CAP RAISE, LEVEL 60, (LEVEL 61 FOR THE HARDCORE)

''61 FOR THE HARDCORE''
''FOR THE HARDCORE''
''THE HARDCORE''
''HARDCORE''

Do you get where im going with this? STS didnt make you buy elixers to get to ''level 61 for the hardcore''
they didnt make it so that if you get to level 60, the only way to get to level 61 is to use 4X combo elixers, or use elixers at all.
You can get to 61 without elixers, if you are hardcore,

As the dev once said....

''WE WILL MAKE A DIFFERENT LEADERBOARD FOR THOSE WHO MADE IT TO SIXTY-ONE WITHOUT ELIXERS''
Hopefully once they make that, it will make people think for a minute.

Another thing, think back to when the demonic gylph set came out

''NEW DEMONIC GLYPH SET CRAFTABLE''
thats what it said, it didnt say,
''NEW DEMONIC GLYPH SET CRAFTABLE, IF YOU DONT GET IT STS WILL HATE YOUR GUTS WITH A BURNING PASSION, AND YOU WILL BE A LOSER.
They didnt say that, they didnt make you use an outrageous 12 milllion gold to get it.
that was your choice.
''YOUR CHOICE''

''YOU!''

If people think sts made these games to drain your money, then by all means quit.

csb
10-13-2011, 12:58 PM

That would create an empty dungeon. Sometimes it's hard to form a group in a free dungeon, good luck with the 500 plat dungeon...

Walkhardd
10-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Wait a sec..I'm confused..I read the mt fang/holloween announcement again and if you read the bottom it says mt fang in november..

pastrychef
10-13-2011, 01:30 PM
November seems like a fair amount of time. Devs, thanks for listening!!

Hankomachos
10-13-2011, 01:37 PM
November is a little better. I was hoping they'd wait until after Christmas but November is alright, I guess.
Thanks, BTW.

Bunnyshoota
10-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Guys I've realized that....................all this complaining and arguing would be solved if PL just gave us all the shield once we reach level 61. Win win situation. Those that want the shield and are desperately grinding and complaining get the shield. Those that are hardcore gamers will have a new goal to reach (66).

Imacoolbirdd
10-13-2011, 03:24 PM
New lvl cap?! The lvl 56 cap lasted around six months!! Wthh this isnt right..

Zeus
10-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Yea you got to 61 ages ago :p I'm probably the only one in our guild, besides Parth (Apollo) I think,that's still at 60.

It should be in the announcements section :)

I'm 61 Max; I hit it two days ago! Your turn!

13lacklegionz
10-13-2011, 05:25 PM
I totally agree that PL has become all about making money. I have no problems with the devs making money but let's keep it within reason. Elixirs, which in my opinion have ruined the game, are selling like hotcakes. You can't find a game in nuri's without at least 2 people using (most of the time it's 3 or 4). STS is making a killing the way it is. Having devs justify decisions with the phrase "we have to put food on the table" to me is like Kobe Bryant saying he needs a raise to "take care of his family". The bottom line is people spent a lot of money to level to 60 or 61 and many of them have quit buying plat because they've maxed out. STS just wants to suck more money out of the big spenders, hence the new level increase. It's the same thing with the 500 plat vanity helm, which was just a test to see how high they can price an item that people will buy.

Just for the record, I believe the devs should be paid for creating an awesome game. I just wish they'd find a way to do it other than elixirs which have ruined it. A lot of this type of uproar would be eliminated then because that's all this new level cap is about- selling elixirs.

Actually, you have no idea how much money STS is earning from PL and SL. It could be only a little, or it could be huge. However, this is what they do as a job and this is how they earn money.

Also, new level caps aren't about selling elixirs. I have never bought a platinum elixir and I level up just fine. They're about the new quests, gear, and fun.

Zeus
10-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Actually, you have no idea how much money STS is earning from PL and SL. It could be only a little, or it could be huge. However, this is what they do as a job and this is how they earn money.

Also, new level caps aren't about selling elixirs. I have never bought a platinum elixir and I level up just fine. They're about the new quests, gear, and fun.

6 months ago, they were stating how PL alone pulls in 10 grand a week, this was when PL just came out for Android as well and elixirs were free. Now? The figures are probably A LOT higher.

Bunnyshoota
10-13-2011, 05:35 PM
6 months ago, they were stating how PL alone pulls in 10 grand a week, this was when PL just came out for Android as well and elixirs were free. Now? The figures are probably A LOT higher.
What you mean elixirs were free? and one grand=1000 gold, right? (i mean dollars)

13lacklegionz
10-13-2011, 05:36 PM

WHAT? ELIXIRS WERE FREE?!?!?

Oh, good for them! But remember, I'm pretty sure they were talking about the whole STS team earning 10k a week. Not every individual member of the team.

Zeus
10-13-2011, 05:53 PM
WHAT? ELIXIRS WERE FREE?!?!?

Oh, good for them! But remember, I'm pretty sure they were talking about the whole STS team earning 10k a week. Not every individual member of the team.

Yes, then their team was a lot smaller as well, but they were pulling in a decent amount of money for a small size corporation. Now that they have expanded, the sum will obviously have gone up.

Elixirs were free in the sense that they did not cost platinum; they still costed gold.

Yes, 1 grand= 1,000 (Insert currency value here).

lilgangster
10-13-2011, 05:56 PM
i have no plat. use daily elixers play 1 hour a day n i think of it as challenge not sumthin to get mad at, but i can see where ur coming from on this thread

Reggin
10-13-2011, 07:06 PM
First off, I agree that halloween would be too soon. However, I agree with some aspects of both sides of the argument.

Raising level cap faster than BS is great, as it helps generate revenue and mitigate inflation from market manipulation. That is a problem with all MMOs and virtual economies though, as there is no regulation like the real world. Monopolies can exist, and unfortunately there has never been a successful solution.

However, two months is nowhere near enough time. At the end of the day, there are two investments people can make in anything, time or money. I'm willing to invest money for entertainment, as the hundreds I've already spent prove. However, with an infant and a demanding sixty hour per week career, I can only realistically play about five to ten hours a week.

I think a healthy schedule for new content would be every 3-4 months. What about everyone else? Don't kill the casual player base please STS!

Gaddy
10-14-2011, 05:16 AM
I totally agree with hank. I'm still at school, AND i can only play on weekends, as do many other people who want to be successful later on in life.
Thanks,
Bunnyshoota
Well, here is an awesome life's lesson for you then: "you can't always get everything you want in life. Best find a way to deal with that fact."

Ghastly
10-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Well Hanky, since one day we are going to have nachos together, i am going to post my 100th comment on your thread!!!
guys the devs have postponed moint, fang. Its not coming out in 2 weeks. Wow 100 comments...

Kaarataka
10-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Well Hanky, since one day we are going to have nachos together, i am going to post my 100th comment on your thread!!!
guys the devs have postponed moint, fang. Its not coming out in 2 weeks. Wow 100 comments...

That has not been announced anywhere yet. Although, I do believe it will be after seeing the response to the poll.

nmyxspaceship
10-14-2011, 05:55 PM
WOAH i need to start leveling im still 57!

SCURFY
10-14-2011, 10:29 PM
please raise the cap anytime. but dont stop giving out the vanity item for players who's reach 61 after the cap please..

suggest: make it as a gift item for a simple quest after the cap if you really need to remove the "free" part.

Hankomachos
10-15-2011, 12:49 AM
please raise the cap anytime. but dont stop giving out the vanity item for players who's reach 61 after the cap please..

suggest: make it as a gift item for a simple quest after the cap if you really need to remove the "free" part.

No, that would take away the awesomeness of the shield. We, (I) worked hard to earn it. Same with the C.O.P.

Onaraasider
10-15-2011, 09:23 AM
ATTENTION!!! They have officially made a poll for when mount fang should come our the majority vote is after new years and we will have more time if the majority vote stays at after new years. I agree we have little time because I'm lvl 47 after playing pocket legends since July.