PDA

View Full Version : Any point to keeping out-leveled plat gear?

Ravand
10-12-2011, 05:14 PM
I have a question for the community. I have a couple of characters that bought the starting-out plat package. I have their out-leveled gear in my stash. Is is tradeable or giftable? If I never play another class specific to the gear, is it worth keeping? Thanks in advance.

Carth
10-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Platinum equipment is not tradeable or giftable. If you don't plan to make any other character that is class specific to the gear, then there is no point really.

It is up to you if you want to keep the items or not. I keep them in my stash since I'm a pack rat. :p

Phoenixking
10-12-2011, 05:30 PM
I wouod keep those plat items for an incase you need them for the future case but thats my imo

Ebalere
10-12-2011, 05:48 PM
I have a ton of plat equipment for all classes in stash, and it's awesome now because when I make a twink ,they are set all the way up to cap, for free, in usually the best armor and weapons available. Hang on to it dude, I promise you'll use it sooner than later.

If you're dead certain you wont be using them again, then delete them I guess, but it's like throwing money away.

javier995
10-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I have a ton of plat equipment for all classes in stash, and it's awesome now because when I make a twink ,they are set all the way up to cap, for free, in usually the best armor and weapons available. Hang on to it dude, I promise you'll use it sooner than later.

If you're dead certain you wont be using them again, then delete them I guess, but it's like throwing money away.

Agreed. Starting plat equipment is what I'll use for pvp twink.

Meii
10-12-2011, 06:45 PM
I play w 1 toon. Sold all of mine. *shrug*

Kahlua
10-12-2011, 07:43 PM
only plat gear not worth keeping is the level 1 premium gear you get from buying the upgrade.
all the other stuff; stash and recycle :D

Nourish
10-12-2011, 07:54 PM
only plat gear not worth keeping is the level 1 premium gear you get from buying the upgrade.
all the other stuff; stash and recycle :D

I keep the lvl 1 gear for lvl 1 twinking :P

CanonicalKoi
10-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Count me among the packrats. I build a new char and once they hit level 5, they've got good gear to use without having to depend on drops.

Kahlua
10-12-2011, 08:02 PM
I keep the lvl 1 gear for lvl 1 twinking :P
Good luck getting it out of the stash :)
He asked about out-leveled gear, so making a new account for lvl 1 twinking doesn't count :D

BodMaster
10-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Good luck getting it out of the stash :)
He asked about out-leveled gear, so making a new account for lvl 1 twinking doesn't count :D

Lol spot on as per usual.. only level 5 can access stash :p

* Hoarde Horde Horde*

thequickone
10-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Never got much into PvP or low-level locked characters, but I can totally see the utility in holding onto your Plat sets as hand-me-downs for future characters or remakes. Also, as was suggested above, throwing away Plat sets is like throwing away money.

I'm holding on to all of mine. I guess that makes me a bit of a pack-rat... Right now, I have four characters in SL that have all been upgraded. I thought about handing down my Engie Plat set to my most recent character, but only after I had already upgraded them... :p