PDA

View Full Version : Healer Class

Buvet
04-14-2010, 05:31 PM
When and if new classes come out, I really think there needs to be some sort of healer class. Right now the enchantress is really ineffective, especially because the AoE healing attracts mobs of monsters when they try to heal the ursans that are in the middle of a brawl. Because it is so important to heal the tanks and other players who are in need of help, I really think that a class that solely concentrates healing and protection, as well as a little bit of holy wrath, is in order.

I believe it could be made into a well balanced class; the healer would rely on others to protect it, other classes rely on the healer for health. I've only played an ursan, so perhaps it is different for other classes, but I am almost perpetually broke due to the cost of healing potions. Targeting a teammate would be as easy as selecting the skill, then selecting either the player, or their status bar on the side of the screen.

Here are some skills I'd like to see:

-Something that can target a specific player and heal large amounts of health
-Something that can target a specific player and give armor bonuses
-Something that can target a specific player and give a regenerative bonus
-Similar spells to the three above that target the entire group (within a radius), but with lower effectiveness
-A more effective resurrection spell
-An AoE spell that has perhaps somewhat low damage, but has an additional effect
__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Thoughts?

Skeeta
04-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Not needed. The cooldown on the aoe heal reduced would work. I was healing fathom crypts at 10 and not one member of the party used any health pots the whole run. What you need is someone like me who is dedicated to heals/buffs and not doing dmg. Good luck finding them. I rarely see any enchantresses doing any healing, buffing, or heck even ressing people... What with the new loot/xp system is utter crap because dieing in a boss room with no res is a surefire way to get royally shafted on loot/xp.

Buvet
04-14-2010, 08:11 PM
I can see your point, and you're my hero for being an awesome healer, but there are too few heroes like you out there. I think that enchantresses are good for a quick heal, but they don't heal enough in short bursts, as well as agro the monsters.

I think you worded just the reason we need a healing class: Good luck finding an enchantress dedicated to healing.

Skeeta
04-14-2010, 08:47 PM
True. I've been drawn to unconventional heals in the two previous mmos I've played.(ffxi and WoW)

Morlok
04-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Im with Skeeta on this, i've played with alot of enchantresses and they all hav done an amazing job of rezing and healing.

Buvet
04-16-2010, 07:08 PM
I guess I'm hanging out with the wrong enchantresses then haha

Xanthia
04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Skeeta, I am also with you on this one, I am an all heals/buffs Enchantress. I live and eat healing.

(Guild/Raid Leader in EQ2 Templar)

I want to see people to become dependent on a healer and a tank and dps for that matter.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 07:35 PM
All the enchantresses ive played with are good at resurrecting, but they almost never if ever heal. This is why I agree that there should be a healer class, and to make the healer class fun and funny I think a skunk should be the avatar for the healer. That would be really really fun and funny for a skunk to be the avatar for the healer class. But I would like to see someone post a better name for the healer class instead of just healer class.

Buvet
04-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Class that magically regenerates rended flesh?

Flamin
04-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Class that magically regenerates rended flesh?

Huh? What do you mean by rended flesh and also what does rended mean?

Buvet
04-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Flesh that has been torn... Tended basically means ripped to shreds. I was being ficicious^^

tann3rlol
04-18-2010, 01:41 PM
I think that their needs to be some sort of way to further separate a DPS enchantress from a healing one. Right now I am spending all my skill points on the healing spell, and i'm only buying armor that gives plus int or mana regeneration.

But the system is kind of confusing, like there is Frost, Fire, and Nature armor, but i'm still not 100% sure what I should be buying if I want to be a healer.

If there is a finer line between the 2 types of enchantresses I would bet that more people would be willing to fulfill the role of a healer. I personally think healing is fun :)

Disastrix
04-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Im a full dps melee archer and i dont want to make myself sound like a jerk, but when im in a dungeon all i need is tank. I kill stuff within 2 seconds at max. Bosses take 10 seconds with me there. But the newer dungeons there making will probably need a good healer. I have an enchantress level 9 thats a healer but i rarely use.