PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have reached 61 without plat elixirs?

Otukura
10-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Not to turn this into a flame thread, or about the raise, but is this game for the casual player anymore?

On September 1, 2011, they released Nuri's. The cap raise will be in less than two months, that's around 125k xp for a player who was already 56. I only know of one person who has(see title), they used 1.5 combos the whole way, and I see them on for at least 6 hours a day. I don't really care if it's raised that fast... but these vanity bonuses? You can't PvP against a player of equal skill level without one anymore. They'll just keep getting bigger, and better. They don't effect you too much in PvE, but PvP is too different. I DO NOT WANT AN EXPLAINATION, I WANT A "Yes", or a "No."

If anyone is in game right now, ZOMG for me. Thanks.

RedRyder
10-12-2011, 06:54 PM
i think jaytb did, not sure. i know he got to 56 with all his chars when that was the cap (no elixirs)

Darkfader
10-12-2011, 07:02 PM
zomg, soon there :]

RedRyder
10-12-2011, 07:06 PM
lol if i dont xp grind, ill be at the same xp i was when the cap was risen to 61 -.-. im excited for new content, but i wish theyd stick with it being an elite campaign. *shrugs shoulders*

protectorofnoobs
10-12-2011, 07:15 PM
another cap raise in two months?

Xazic
10-12-2011, 07:35 PM
another cap raise in two months?

I believe it was in a FEW WEEKS!! Hope they change it or my trouble was useless -_-"

Whisper72
10-13-2011, 02:29 AM
To tune into your remark whether this game is no longer for casual gamers, well, casual gamers probably never reach the level cap anyway, and are certainly not interested in achieving it per se.

I have a job, kids etc. I am a casual gamer. If I get in an hours worth of play in a day, I'm doing pretty good. Grinding is not a lot of fun if you have little time to spend, so when nearing a level cap, a casual gamer will prolly either switch to another character, trying out another class or something, or simply quit PL if it became boring. Raising the level cap is actually GOOD for a casual gamer. Provides some more room for advancement without taking forever to get to the last level...

Just my opinion...

Patricks
10-13-2011, 03:35 AM
Don't they say the level cap is 60, or 61 for the hardcore? Or sts describes level cap as something similar to that I think.

So i think the casual player isn't supposed to be included in ppl that will reach 61? I dunno.

eric10725
10-13-2011, 03:55 AM
I only use free elixers everyday, be lv61 in about three weeks

Flickz
10-13-2011, 04:22 AM
Don't they say the level cap is 60, or 61 for the hardcore? Or sts describes level cap as something similar to that I think.

So i think the casual player isn't supposed to be included in ppl that will reach 61? I dunno. ikr

Otukura
10-13-2011, 04:43 AM
I only use free elixers everyday, be lv61 in about three weeks

Exactly what I was looking for, if you don't mind, how much do you play per day?

So i think the casual player isn't supposed to be included in ppl that will reach 61? I dunno.

At 56 it was casual, if you did two 5 minute runs a day, you could hit the 'hardcore' cap.

Fastcast
10-13-2011, 04:59 AM
70k xp and no plat pots purchased :)))

Kelstrick
10-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Otukura, i just started PL in June and was at 55 with 50K of xp towards the 56 cap when Nuri's was released. I'm currently at 60 with 60K of xp towards 61 and typically play for about 2 hours a day. All my runs have been elixir free with the exception of 1 run at Nuri's Madness on the 7K gold elixir which I purchased just to survive through the mobs so that I could take down the boss and unlock the Funhouse. (So feel free to dock me whatever bonus xp point I earned for the boss! ;-p)

Since I don't spend plat on elixirs, I may not make 61, and I'm fine with that since I don't PvP and I don't need a crown or a shield to define me as a player. (I can understand why someone who PvPs would be upset, but its a non-issue for me) For me the game is a fun escape with the bonus of the challenge to acquire set gear. (I loved my Mega Mage load out and looks like I should be able to pick up Demonic gear on sale shortly. ;-p)

To return to your question about is the game for the casual player anymore, I suppose that depends on how you define casual player. For PvE, I believe the Devs have given the casual player a poor man's load out that is serviceable. For PvP the casual player is probably outclassed by the hardcore player's load out but thats the consequence given that the casual player either didn't invest the plat or the time to obtain the level cap gear. After all, life is about choices and I've chosen not to invest serious money or time into this game.

With that said, I have spent plat on items that permanently increase my stats such as my rain hat, tatooed face and ring, but I just can't come to spending plat on a consumable item that has a time limit. (Not to mention I did buy all the maps, so I will spend plat when needed) In fact, I'd be happy to spend another round of plat on a new hat, different face, better ring if the Devs ever wanted to put up new items in the 10 plat range, which I believe is what I spent on those items...

Just realized I'm writing a Great American Novel, so I'll stop here...

Fyrce
10-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Wooo....

Loving this thread, especially the 2 hours/day only of play. Makes me think it's doable, even though I probably play less than that on average.

Also love hearing about leveling only with the free daily elixirs and/or just the gold ones.

Ghastly
10-13-2011, 12:30 PM
I thought it was yes or no not an explaination?

And no. Im only level 22 lol