PDA

View Full Version : Yall mind editing my essay?

Lowlyspy
10-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Im workin on a persuasive essay for my english IV class, im pretty proud of it. Yes it's a paper to persuade people to go with android over apple but it's strictly an essay and i thought it was a great topic to go with.

If anyone tries to turn this into a flame thread i will have it locked by sam, im just looking for some help editing it.

Lowlyspy
10-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Reserved for essay

Cascade
10-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Woot go android! Haha, i'm a good speller and I am good at grammar.

javier995
10-12-2011, 07:37 PM
heres one:
Android is constantly coming out with new and better phones, an example would be the phone with a 3D camera. As to where Apple releases a new iPhone every couple of months, which are not that much different from the previous phones.

Cascade
10-12-2011, 07:40 PM
heres one:
Android is constantly coming out with new and better phones, an example would be the phone with a 3D camera. As to where Apple releases a new iPhone every couple of years, which are not that much different from the previous phones.

Fixed ;)

Piosidon
10-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Here's another:
Android has all these complicated names that sound smart while apple just has "i" stuff.

Zeus
10-12-2011, 09:31 PM
I won't mind at all editing them for you. What english course are you taking? You will be in good hands if I grade it, as I normally get A's on my essays. :)

Otukura
10-12-2011, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't exactly post it publically. Imagine if your teacher Googled a phrase and found it.

Ellyidol
10-12-2011, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't exactly post it publically. Imagine if your teacher Googled a phrase and found it.

Exactly what I was going to say. Lol. Unless it's hand/type written and not electronically submitted, maybe.

javier995
10-12-2011, 09:49 PM

Exactly what I was going to say. Lol. Unless it's hand/type written and not electronically submitted, maybe.

As long as ot isn't turned into a website like turnitin.com, he should be good IMO.

Phoenixking
10-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Well for one thing i can tell you theres some downsides to it too (android) but some of those downsides have a small up side
One is SHORT APPROVAL TIME (no approval time at all :P)

Gluttony
10-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Well for one thing i can tell you theres some downsides to it too (android) but some of those downsides have a small up side
One is SHORT APPROVAL TIME (no approval time at all :P)

It's a persuasive essay, so the OP is willing to overlook the "downsides," it's like debate class where you don't have to like the stance on the argument you just have to defend it to the death.

I won't mind at all editing them for you. What english course are you taking? You will be in good hands if I grade it, as I normally get A's on my essays. :)

No offense, but I think your hat size just doubled!

I kid.

Phoenixking
10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Well i know that but what im trying to say is hide the downside cover it like lawyers cover stuff too and add wicked little twist to defend there person that hired them

javier995
10-12-2011, 10:09 PM
I can totally write an editorial on this! :D

StompArtist
10-12-2011, 10:26 PM
I Anglish Editore Prorated yes yes

Lowlyspy
10-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Im takin english IV, i figured u would post here considering ur the gramatical crusader :P

I'll have i posted tomorrow, accidently left my backpack at school xD

csb
10-13-2011, 03:35 AM
My 4 years of high school english was useless. (really bad public school teachers) When I got to college my english was so bad that the professor asked to use my work as examples on how not to write. Oh well, i graduated. But, i had to take 1st semester english 3 times to pass the course with a C.

Kahlua
10-13-2011, 05:23 AM
Different schools/professors grade differently. Something you got an A on might be C work at another school. Not insulting you, just saying :)

csb
10-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Different schools/professors grade differently. Something you got an A on might be C work at another school. Not insulting you, just saying :)

I got all A's and B's in high school English. But the teachers would just count 500 words in an essay. It could have no introduction and no conclusion. It just had to have 500 words spelled correctly. Having gotten A's and B's, I assumed I knew how to write. It wasn't until college that I found out there was a lot more to writing. In fact, nobody in high school told me that I needed to have a point. So, random sentences were fine.

Piosidon
10-13-2011, 05:05 PM

I got all A's and B's in high school English. But the teachers would just count 500 words in an essay. It could have no introduction and no conclusion. It just had to have 500 words spelled correctly. Having gotten A's and B's, I assumed I knew how to write. It wasn't until college that I found out there was a lot more to writing. In fact, nobody in high school told me that I needed to have a point. So, random sentences were fine.
Lol "Overall, Android rules over Apple because it has a shorter app approval time and I like pie"

Zeus
10-13-2011, 05:50 PM

Yes, but considering I have been to 3 different high schools spread throughout the United States, I'd say I'm pretty well balanced. I am well aware of your point, as I have experienced it personally, but I just want to let you know that my view isn't narrow-minded either. :)

Matutd
10-13-2011, 05:57 PM
I is da bestest at riting inglish wurk Trusst me I is orsum I gots a eff in mys last SA Mys teechor sed it is bestest in mys hole clas

javier995
10-14-2011, 08:44 PM
I is da bestest at riting inglish wurk Trusst me I is orsum I gots a eff in mys last SA Mys teechor sed it is bestest in mys hole clas

lol ty for the laugh:D

Lowlyspy
10-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Nvm guys, just turned it in today. Hopin my grade turns out well :)

BodMaster
10-15-2011, 09:01 AM

Sure you will do awesome buddy! Good luck :D

javier995
10-15-2011, 10:22 PM

Hoping he says it's too good to be graded. :D
Hope you get an A++++++++++++++++ buddy!!!!:D