PDA

View Full Version : Ambassador Program - Vote on name and give us your thoughts!

Pandar
10-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Note: Please do not use this thread to say you want to be an ambassador, we will do that later!

I'd like to thank everyone who came by our meeting tonight. For those just hearing about this, we're working on planning a new ambassador program for experienced players who like to spend some time helping out new people to the game. These are the kind of people who hang out in Forest Haven to greet and guide the brand new and lower level peeps. More info - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39599-Calling-all-of-those-who-wish-to-help-the-weak!-Important-meeting-at-7pm-Eastern

The Pocket Legends community is going to have a hand in designing and executing this ambassador program, and tonight we sat down to chat about how we would like this to play out. I'd like to list some of the things we talked about and ask you to jump in and give us your thoughts!

[Remember that none of this is set in stone. I am recording what the majority thought was a good idea, and also listing some debatable things. All ideas are welcome!]

Name of the program:

Lots of great ideas, I've picked a few for everyone to vote on! Please see the poll and let us know what you like the best.

Roles and duties:

Main goal is to greet and guide new players - be their first friend in Alterra and help them get started on their journey
Be a role model, on best behavior and instruct about community guidelines and expectations
Not here to power level anyone or give them items - don't want to take away from experience
Ambassador accounts will be alts, never higher than lvl 10
Not as elite as GoA - do not want to be super duper exclusive

Perk ideas:

Special color name in-game (green?)
Special icon
Armor or shields with "?" logo or a question mark above player name
Other special vanity item for alt and main character? (highly debated, what do you think?)
Private sub-forum on the forum for exclusive updates, news and a place for ambassadors to coordinate and recommend new ambassadors

Applications:

First group of ambassadors will be hand picked by Spacetime and grown from there
Those who are interested in becoming an ambassador can apply on the forum
Applications will ask questions like - What is your Pocket Legends story? Why do you want to be an Ambassador? What is your main goal once you become an Ambassador? etc (Please feel free to suggest questions!)
Current ambassadors can give recommendations on who should be selected next
All applicants will be background checked for past behavior in the game
Once someone is chosen, they will have a trial period - if they excel during the trial period they will be chosen as a permanent ambassador

-----

Whew! That is a lot of stuff! What are your thoughts? I realize this thread might get out of control so let's try to be as helpful and understanding as possible! Please do not comment on this thread saying you would like to be an ambassador, that will come later.

We'll give this until the weekend and then revise based on your thoughts. Hopefully in a week or so we can draft the first constitution and go from there. LONG LIVE ALTERRA!

Artemis
10-12-2011, 08:59 PM
FIRST

I chose Support Squad of Alterra just because im the one who came up with it(: and it sounds cooool.

Once someone is chosen, they will have a trial period - if they excel during the trial period they will be chosen as a permanent ambassador

Thought we discussed that ambassadors can be demoted? Might want to replace the word "Permanent" with something like "Official" (:

Accually going for this one to help with:

It will straighten out my attitude. I know i have one im trying :P
Gives me a reason to play PL again
I love helping the lil noobies(:

WoundedEagle
10-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Second, and Alliance of Alterra is my current guild name :) But if it was liked, we could work something out :)

Silentarrow
10-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Where can we find the poll?

RedRyder
10-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Applying :)

On the first post

Pandar
10-12-2011, 09:03 PM

Right above the thread!

Silentarrow
10-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Right above the thread!

My browser didn't load the poll at first *facepalm*.

Cascade
10-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Sounds excellent! Since moderators have a green name i think a different color would be in order. Maybe yellow or orange? Concerning the vanity-Maybe a shield with the 3 characters of PL on it? Title would be 'Ambassador Shield'.

Whirlzap
10-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah I read Alliance of Alterra and was like what.
I wonder if the original Guardians of Alterra was established like this.
I give some name offerings:
-Team Alterra
-Legends Search Team
-PL Welcome Team
-Alterran Officer
-Way of Warrior
-

Cascade
10-12-2011, 09:08 PM
What about simply 'The Ambassadors of PL'.

WoundedEagle
10-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Note: Please do not use this thread to say you want to be an ambassador, we will do that later!

I'd like to thank everyone who came by our meeting tonight. For those just hearing about this, we're working on planning a new ambassador program for experienced players who like to spend some time helping out new people to the game. These are the kind of people who hang out in Forest Haven to greet and guide the brand new and lower level peeps. More info - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39599-Calling-all-of-those-who-wish-to-help-the-weak!-Important-meeting-at-7pm-Eastern

The Pocket Legends community is going to have a hand in designing and executing this ambassador program, and tonight we sat down to chat about how we would like this to play out. I'd like to list some of the things we talked about and ask you to jump in and give us your thoughts!

[Remember that none of this is set in stone. I am recording what the majority thought was a good idea, and also listing some debatable things. All ideas are welcome!]

Name of the program:

Lots of great ideas, I've picked a few for everyone to vote on! Please see the poll and let us know what you like the best.

Roles and duties:

Main goal is to greet and guide new players - be their first friend in Alterra and help them get started on their journey
Be a role model, on best behavior and instruct about community guidelines and expectations
Not here to power level anyone or give them items - don't want to take away from experience
Ambassador accounts will be alts, never higher than lvl 10
Not as elite as GoA - do not want to be super duper exclusive

Perk ideas:

Special color name in-game (green?)Or blue
Special iconWe should talk to Max(Redryder) about this, Mod.
Armor or shields with "?" logo or a question mark above player nameMaybe a good idea to an extent that we are distinguished as our position
Other special vanity item for alt and main character? (highly debated, what do you think?)It is a good idea, to the point that we aren't here for free stuffs, but rather to help. But who doesn't like a cool vanity? I say vanity for alts.
Private sub-forum on the forum for exclusive updates, news and a place for ambassadors to coordinate and recommend new ambassadorsAnd Maybe possible group

Applications:

First group of ambassadors will be hand picked by Spacetime and grown from thereHow many?
Those who are interested in becoming an ambassador can apply on the forum
Applications will ask questions like - What is your Pocket Legends story? Why do you want to be an Ambassador? What is your main goal once you become an Ambassador? etc (Please feel free to suggest questions!)
Current ambassadors can give recommendations on who should be selected next
All applicants will be background checked for past behavior in the gameSounds official :)
Once someone is chosen, they will have a trial period - if they excel during the trial period they will be chosen as a permanent ambassadorUnless they do not continue their helping efforts for a period of time, or do something that violates ToS or is just wrong.

-----

Whew! That is a lot of stuff! What are your thoughts? I realize this thread might get out of control so let's try to be as helpful and understanding as possible! Please do not comment on this thread saying you would like to be an ambassador, that will come later.

We'll give this until the weekend and then revise based on your thoughts. Hopefully in a week or so we can draft the first constitution and go from there. LONG LIVE ALTERRA!

Edited with thoughts

RedRyder
10-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Voted for ambassadors of alterra

Lowlyspy
10-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Sounds like a good program but how would one diferentiate this from the GoA? If STS is going to hand pick these players, we can almost assume that most of them will be GoA, and anyone who isn't GoA yet will immedately fufill the criteria to become one since helping other players will become a responsibility of theirs. If the addition of thie program means that the guardian program is scrapped then that makes a bit of sense, but if not then there seems to be quite a bit of overlap.
This is different from the GoA's, that is just to recognize people who have shown exemplary dedication to following the rules and helping when needed. Ambassadors isnt going to be as exclusive, anyone can join, and their objective is purely to help out lower level people to get the hang of the game.

I suggested Ambassadors Alliance (lol AA) but there are a bunch more better than mine.

WoundedEagle
10-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Oh and:

-Ministy of Alterra
-Counsel of Alterra

Phoenixking
10-12-2011, 09:12 PM
I was the one that made ambassadors of alterran:P so i votes for that one :) and are those all the notes?
(i was actually going to ask something more important but...i forgot it :P i hate when i forget :MAD:

Irulelol
10-12-2011, 09:12 PM
It all sounds good to me

Haowesie
10-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Great idea! Reminds me of my first days of pocket legend... Discovery was half the fun! :)

Phoenixking
10-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Edited with thoughts
Actually everyone in game has blue names....are you trying to say something? And i prefer RAINBOW NAME!!!!!! :P

Gluttony
10-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Ambassadors isnt going to be as exclusive, anyone can join, and their objective is purely to help out lower level people to get the hang of the game.

Yeah, I get that but any GoA that applies is a sure thing. Anyone who gets accepted will more than likely be considered to become a GoA in a matter of weeks. I'm just saying this seems like a stepping stone to GoA-hood. Could be fun though, but not really sure how one a player can tell who is truely new and who is just making an alt.

RBeltran
10-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Lol go Pocket Ambassadors! I think I came up with that one. :)

Phoenixking
10-12-2011, 09:24 PM
YAY AoA is going up with 5 :P im so happy i made up that name O.o and anyways the major difference its all about being a WELCOMING group cause it may be a stapping stone but any positive thing is always a stepping stone

Archey
10-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Lol yea that chat was really fun and i thin this is a great way for some new pkayers o get in the community. And how mod7 is representing EASTCOAST

Zeus
10-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Nice! Always love the community spirit, as lately there hasn't been too much going on due to the craziness of updates and whatnot. Definitely will be keeping a watch on this, as I'm curious to see where this leads to. I was unable to attend the meeting unfortunately due to personal reasons, but Artemis filled me in (Thanks!).

Phoenixking
10-12-2011, 09:25 PM
MADDMODDER BE SHOWING HIS EAST PRIDE!!! but im a central :P CENTRAL COAST!!!(grand lakes and the largest river in the USA!!!)

maneatingtree
10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
I vote for ambassadors of alterra

Ghastly
10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
How about the PL Council like in mass effect and the GoAs would be the specters lol. I personally think this would be a great idea. And Mod7 is on the eastcoast? Yes! Spread the dev love all around the country.

ThePvpTwink
10-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Nice idea. :D

Phoenixking
10-12-2011, 09:28 PM
I vote for ambassadors of alterraYay! :P nice choice lol jk i like all of them but i like mine the most

Side note i have the urge to call mod7 the maddmoddermatador

Ellyidol
10-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Is there going to be a forum branch for this? If so, I'd be interested in the forums.

Gluttony
10-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Is there going to be a forum branch for this? If so, I'd be interested in the forums.

Sounds difficult since most new players aren't on forums first, but I assume that it would be part of the ambassador's duties to inform new players of the forums existence. Yay referral count on the rise!

Siejo
10-12-2011, 09:34 PM
This is pretty exciting!!!

Silentarrow

Mod said that ambassadors will have their own forums or a private group on the STS forums.

maneatingtree
I think that these ambassadors should be given booklets to hand out to all new players explaing the basics of pve pvp trading how to type and all all that other stuff and then answer any questions that said players have. These booklets should only be givable to acc younger than a certain period of time.

Ellyidol
Sounds difficult since most new players aren't on forums first, but I assume that it would be part of the ambassador's duties to inform new players of the forums existance. Yay referral count on the rise!

True, the influx of players in-game makes the ones in the forums look puny. I don't know though, IMO I learned at least 70% about the game via forums rather than in-game. Just putting it out there :)

Mod said that ambassadors will have their own forums or a private group on the STS forums.

No offense, but there's already a similar one now. Hardly used.

Either way, I'll be up for it. I have the perfect alt name for one if chosen.

Roc
10-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Gosh knows I could have used some more helpful instruction in the beginning :disgust: This is an excellent idea :cupcake:

Pandar
10-12-2011, 09:36 PM
This is different from the GoA's, that is just to recognize people who have shown exemplary dedication to following the rules and helping when needed. Ambassadors isnt going to be as exclusive, anyone can join, and their objective is purely to help out lower level people to get the hang of the game.

Yep, this

Phoenixking
10-12-2011, 09:36 PM
But how would that be possible? Why not game give them one durimg tutorial?

Pandar
10-12-2011, 09:37 PM
@Gluttony I definitely think a big part of the Ambassador program will be bringing new players to the forums. It's such a great place of information and the best way to really plug into the game. Not everyone is a forum person, but some get into it!

Artemis
10-12-2011, 09:37 PM

No lol what elly ment is there going to be Ambassadors for the forums to help newbies on the forums. What the current ambassador thing is for PL in game, not for forum.

Ellyidol
10-12-2011, 09:39 PM
No lol what elly ment is there going to be Ambassadors for the forums to help newbies on the forums. What the current ambassador thing is for PL in game, not for forum.

Yes, thanks Art :)

WoundedEagle
10-12-2011, 09:39 PM
But how would that be possible? Why not game give them one durimg tutorial?
We will mostly focus on planning ideas like that. But, we want more people on forums :)

Silentarrow
10-12-2011, 09:40 PM

Two mistakes one thread, I really shouldn't stay up till 1am on the forums each night!

Ellyidol
10-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Two mistakes one thread, I really shouldn't stay up till 1am on the forums each night!

1AM only? :p

By the way, is there any plans for this program to be in SL as well?

WoundedEagle
10-12-2011, 09:44 PM

Yes sir!

Silentarrow
10-12-2011, 09:44 PM

Mod said they will have the program implemanted in SL if it goes well in PL.

Ellyidol
10-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks!

Phoenixking
10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
I was so going to say that dang it lol i still wonder what was my question

ghost.mw
10-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Great idea

Orcish
10-12-2011, 10:07 PM
1. Adding a subchat in-game so fellow ambassadors can communicate with each other, a simple /a would be enough.
2. To add to that idea, granting ambassador chat to all new players up to lvl 20?
3. Does STS have a separate database for tech support (excluding forums)? I only ask because this could be a useful tool to assist ambassadors with potential tech issues they may run into.
4. Add one free character slot for new ambassador alts.
5. New ambassador avatar on the forums.
*To Be Updated*

Phoenixking
10-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Oh i like your ideas orc

Lowlyspy
10-12-2011, 10:39 PM
2. To add to that idea, granting ambassador chat to all new players up to lvl 20?
With all the low level twinks i have a feeling they would abuse it and use it as their own personal chat, just my 2 cents.

Orcish
10-12-2011, 10:50 PM
With all the low level twinks i have a feeling they would abuse it and use it as their own personal chat, just my 2 cents.
Wouldn't those twinks be created by experienced players anyways? Those experienced players could be of some use. We could always make it so that ambassadors have to grant access to players under level 20, example /sponsor _____.

Flip
10-12-2011, 10:56 PM
3. Does STS have a separate database for tech support (excluding forums)? I only ask because this could be a useful tool to assist ambassadors with potential tech issues they may run into.

http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Lowlyspy
10-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Wouldn't those twinks be created by experienced players anyways? Those experienced players could be of some use. We could always make it so that ambassadors have to grant access to players under level 20, example /sponsor _____.
Yes a lot of those twinks would be made by more experienced players, but you gotta keep in mind not every person who makes a twink is interested in helping others (i know this from personal experience :/ ). Sorry about being so pessimistic lol. I do love the ambassador chat idea however :)

Orcish
10-12-2011, 10:59 PM
http://support.spacetimestudios.com
ROFL ya I kinda remembered this after I posted! I had a brain fart don't mind me lol.

JNass
10-13-2011, 12:34 AM
i would really like to be apart of this. i haven't been huge in the forum mainly because i don't have a sturdy computer to be on but i more than contribute to the game. i have multiple characters in pretty much every lvl/class and i have a knowledgeable input and i feel i can help someone who is in need of guidance.

drewcapu
10-13-2011, 12:47 AM
I chose Support Squad of Alterra just because im the one who came up with it(: and it sounds cooool.

Thanks for not calling it Alterra Support Squad.

Skeletonlord
10-13-2011, 12:47 AM
I'm very experienced with STS games and would be very happy if I could get the chance to be an ambassador for the game.
I would like to be an ambassador because new players will need help when they start the game for the first time.

Lowlyspy
10-13-2011, 12:51 AM
always good to want to help but save the applying for the actual application thread please :)

Matutd
10-13-2011, 01:28 AM
I like the idea of items for the alt that will be the ambassador but not for the main. Although it is only fair to reward these players, (just like the goa), I believe alot of people would be trying to be one just for the special item. If it is only on an exp locked player used only for being an ambassador then I still see it as a reward but other players who would want special items on their mains, but don't actually want to help will be put off by the idea.

Matutd
10-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Well why not make it that players who have been around for a certain amount of time, say, 1-2 months can use the system?
Also they should get a big message on their screen when they start saying something like, 'need assistance? Type /a <your message/question> and one of the ambassadors will get back to you!'

EDIT: oops sorry for the double post

dudetus
10-13-2011, 01:44 AM
I love the idea!

I agree with Matu about ppl who want to join only because of that special vanity. It should DEFINETELY be locked to only that Ambassador alt. This should still be valounter work not a way to boost own rep.

AdinoEznite
10-13-2011, 03:10 AM
@Gluttony I definitely think a big part of the Ambassador program will be bringing new players to the forums. It's such a great place of information and the best way to really plug into the game. Not everyone is a forum person, but some get into it!

I was totally just going to say this!

First of all I think this was a great idea and I think a big push to getting people on the forums is a great idea
I started being active on the forums when I started playing PL and it honestly helped me out a lot!

there are so many great guides here and such that I think if people are only playing PL and are not on the forums they are missing out on half of the whole experience that STS is offering because the forums is also such a great way to get connected

1. Adding a subchat in-game so fellow ambassadors can communicate with each other, a simple /a would be enough.
4. Add one free character slot for new ambassador alts.
5. New ambassador avatar on the forums.
*To Be Updated*

ooo some nice ideas here!
im not sure about the chat to all players up to lvl 20 thing...i see some uses, but not that many

I also think that if there is a vanity that it should be locked to the ambassador alt

izzyornot
10-13-2011, 03:15 AM
Have a level ten done and xp locked ready to help, love the idea we are using low chars puts us on the level so to say.

Barrington
10-13-2011, 04:31 AM
Sounds excellent! Since moderators have a green name i think a different color would be in order. Maybe yellow or orange? Concerning the vanity-Maybe a shield with the 3 characters of PL on it? Title would be 'Ambassador Shield'.
sorta like this shield i made awhile ago
http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/FreddE23/shieldofunity.jpg

horadez
10-13-2011, 05:44 AM
The program could recruit ppl from diff nationalities so we can interact more with new players so they feel more welcome with someone who's been the same places they have

WoundedEagle
10-13-2011, 06:14 AM
Thanks for not calling it Alterra Support Squad.
Rofl

KTpantyhose
10-13-2011, 07:48 AM
I somehow missed this meeting :( I was interested in doing this some time ago.

When I first came to Pocket Legends I was kind of lost as you could say. I was new to mmo's but was excited about playing. I had lots of questions. Most ignored me when I asked for help with respec or equipping weapons and etc. It was such a let down when someone would not answer me. But for the people who did help me I am thankful for that! I still play with those people to this day. I still remember the help they gave me several months ago.

I would love to give someone the impact that someone else has given me.

I plan on continuing those in need of guidance and assistance. This is why I would love this position in this lovely world of Pocket Legends. If given the chance I feel you would not be let down :)

Current Characters:
KTpantyhose L60 Mage
Ktpantyhose L28 Warrior

KTpantyhose
10-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Also I was thinking Maybe pink or purple for the names. Something impactful that people who play the game recognize.( Since we all go after pink or purple items.)

Maybe something simple for the name such as Guides of Alterra. Or Alterra Assistance.

Just a thought :) still would love to help any way I can. Please let me know.

Shellkaz
10-13-2011, 07:59 AM
I think that this is a fantastic idea! I remember when I started I was sooo confused. I had never played an mmo before and basically just muddled my way along for a few weeks of, off and on playing. Then gave up for a while. I didn't have any friends that played. And I didn't really feel comfortable asking a stranger for help. (still hate the word noob BTW) I finally started talking to my kids LOL and asking them questions. Yep gotta love my kids.

Any how it would have been wonderful to have someone to go to and say "hey what is going on here?" It's one of the reasons that I try to help other players out now. I don't want them to quit like I did. If it hadn't been for help from my kids, I prolly wouldn't have come back. This game is FUN!! Some people just need a little help getting started and some need a lot. I was one of the ones who needed a lot :). I'm rocking it now though.

I would like to suggest that ambassadors get a toon with either a special vanity or special costume.
That the toon not be a playable character so to speak. I mean they can go into a map To answer questions but they can't actually affect the outcome. Let's not get into how many DUH moments I had back in my newbie days.

I still have those DUH moments but at least now I have friends and guild brothers n sisters to ask. Because it's not always convenient to go to the forums to get answers to a problem.

Conradin
10-13-2011, 08:14 AM
I believe abassadors shouldn't get a vanitt on their alts, and should all have a white shield with a ? On it and white armor with a ?. Ot would be chill to also have a staff witg a ? but thats goig a bjt too far. This way everybody could see that they are helperS.

Akaee
10-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Voted ambassadors of alterra and count me in if u need anyone from the european timeregion.

KTpantyhose
10-13-2011, 08:56 AM
I do like the toon idea. Like how flip is a gator and etc haha. I think it'd be fun

KTpantyhose
10-13-2011, 08:58 AM
sorta like this shield i made awhile ago
http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/FreddE23/shieldofunity.jpg

I like that shield I think it works. Shame the mages face isnt in a skill setting though.

Navygreen
10-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Sorry if I missed this, where may we apply? It says on the forum but is there a thread already?

Btw, voted for Ambassadors of Alterra.

Zapoke
10-13-2011, 09:41 AM
I believe abassadors shouldn't get a vanitt on their alts, and should all have a white shield with a ? On it and white armor with a ?. Ot would be chill to also have a staff witg a ? but thats goig a bjt too far. This way everybody could see that they are helperS.

Or the "?" unstashable item set! Lol. :)

Can't wait to try to apply. I love this idea. :D

Ghastly
10-13-2011, 09:57 AM
I love how mod7 replies to most. Wait wrong thread. But I think this is a great idea. And maybe the shield should have a square shape with a blue background and a white question mark!

Skeletonlord
10-13-2011, 10:07 AM
when will the actual application thread be available?

WoundedEagle
10-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Sorry if I missed this, where may we apply? It says on the forum but is there a thread already?

Btw, voted for Ambassadors of Alterra.
I am pretty sure neither the thread not application has been released.

Phoenixking
10-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Well, one question.....how do you put a sheild on a mage or archer level 10 if there isnt any for them nor there are 1handed items? (with the exception of daggers for a birdand sword for a bear)

Navygreen
10-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah that's what I figured. I'll keep a look out. Thanks WE. :)

Matutd
10-13-2011, 11:03 AM
i think all ambassadors should get a set that looks like a white glyph set with blue `?`s instead of the glyphs.
That way they would be easily recognisable throughout the game.

Also if the ambassador chat is implemented into the game then the low lvl people should be able to leave inbox messages just incase there are no ambassadors online and all mains of ambassadors should be able to use the chat as well so it is likely that atleast one ambassador will be online at all times. :)

Also something about the poll now.

Lets say alliance of alterra wins this poll. What happens to our guild, which happens to be called alliance of alterra?

Pandar
10-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Also they should get a big message on their screen when they start saying something like, 'need assistance? Type /a <your message/question> and one of the ambassadors will get back to you!

Not a bad idea! I think initially we're going to be limited to what we already have in the game and then may get some development stuff if all goes well. It's up to us to make this program work!

Pandar
10-13-2011, 11:37 AM
when will the actual application thread be available?

We'll start this out with a group of hand picked players we already have in mind - and then open up applications sometime after. If you aren't picked at first don't worry about it - Pocket Legends is a huge community with a ton of helpful players, I know we aren't going to get every awesome person in the first round... but we'll get there.

Navygreen
10-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Cool thanks for the info, Moderator.

Ghastly
10-13-2011, 11:51 AM
I voted for ambassadors of alterra, its catchy

WoundedEagle
10-13-2011, 12:02 PM
we'll start this out with a group of hand picked players we already have in mind - and then open up applications sometime after. If you aren't picked at first don't worry about it - pocket legends is a huge community with a ton of helpful players, i know we aren't going to get every awesome person in the first round... But we'll get there.
long live alterra!

Cascade
10-13-2011, 12:12 PM

I think this would be a good idea. A white shield with a yellow or blue question mark on it.

AdinoEznite
10-13-2011, 12:22 PM
I think this is a good idea, i hope that the people chosen are ones who actually be helping people out in-game

I really hope they are not all GoAs...
as a GoA im sure they already get A TON of people pming them when they are in game (i used to be one of the people pming them when I first started)
and the problem is, they cant help everyone as it is already they are probably carrying on conversations with friends and can maybe help out a person here or there
but a lot of people just never get a pm back

if the people who are GoAs that become an AoA as well...i just hope they dont get fustrated with all the pms they might be getting

i hope this AoA program will expand the amount of people visible to the new players as people they can ask if they have questions
that way more people will get their questions answered, more people will feel welcomed into this community

YYZ????
10-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Great idea, wish i could have been at the meeting.

I like Ambassador's of Alterra.

My favorite way to Identify would be a Shield with a big ? on it.
Also have Ambassador's Guild.
Ambassador's Guild members should display their guild name when in town.

Navygreen
10-13-2011, 12:40 PM
GoA or not, if people are helpful they're helpful. As long as the AoA's are actually helping and not just flexing.

And when they go to apply, I would hope they keep in mind that, along with everything else you do, your job as an AoA (or whatever it may be called) is to help out new comers to the game. That's your focus. Shouldn't be a problem, really. :)

Phoenixking
10-13-2011, 12:51 PM
You have your alt just waiting there and a newcomer arrives O.o you say hi and help them how nice would it feel (HAPPY FEELING!) and what is also good about this game is more poeple would like to stick with it because they made freinds and are having fun and understand the game too

Lowlyspy
10-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Lol i can just imagine it "hello and welcome to alterra, my name is _____ and i'll be your ambassador today. Is there anything i can help you with?" :P

Phoenixking
10-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Ikr and they say "what is that question mark on your head? Do you give me quest O.o?" :p lol imagine

Ebalere
10-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Haha, I just realized. This sounds ALOT like my guild in SL, Pay it Forward. From the capped at lv10 members, so as not to take away from the newbies experience, to the whole general idea. Guess great minds think alike! ;)

KTpantyhose
10-13-2011, 02:32 PM
We'll start this out with a group of hand picked players we already have in mind - and then open up applications sometime after. If you aren't picked at first don't worry about it - Pocket Legends is a huge community with a ton of helpful players, I know we aren't going to get every awesome person in the first round... but we'll get there.

question. how will we know if you have chosen or put us into thought? sorry, i'm pretty excited about it so i just wanted to clarify this.

Lowlyspy
10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
question. how will we know if you have chosen or put us into thought? sorry, i'm pretty excited about it so i just wanted to clarify this.
Usually they make an announcement thread (ex. GoA's/SG's or the chroniclers of alterra) and even if you get chosen and dont see the thread someone is bound to find you ingame and be like "OMG!!!"

So ya it's pretty easy to find out lol

Artemis
10-13-2011, 04:32 PM
i think they would send a PM too.

Matutd
10-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Ca we see the list plz? ^.^
I can't wait to see who gets chosen :)

Silentarrow
10-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Ca we see the list plz? ^.^
I can't wait to see who gets chosen :)

I'm guessing we'll see them tommorow or on Monday.

topskillz
10-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Love this idea, im one of the founders of the game, AKA nerd. But this is deffinatley something that needs to happen, need for more to stick with the game and enjoy what it has to offer!

blahggart
10-13-2011, 05:35 PM
ive gotten an alt ready for this... just in case.

Shellkaz
10-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Great idea, wish i could have been at the meeting.

I like Ambassador's of Alterra.

My favorite way to Identify would be a Shield with a big ? on it.
Also have Ambassador's Guild.
Ambassador's Guild members should display their guild name when in town.

I'm not in favor of an ambassadors guild unless the player can stay in their current guild also. I would like to be considered for a position when the time comes, but not if I would have to leave my current guild.

I've found some nice friends in Legion and if I had to leave I'd turn and ambassadorial position down. Sorry but I'm not the type of person to just up ditch friends because something better comes along. Not my style at all.

However I do like the shield idea very much. Shields are large and easily visible.

Another thought I had while working. <sad isn't it I'm at work and thinking about PL LOL> It would be a nice idea to let people know when they create their account that if they have questions In Game, they can look for any player wearing this or that symbol. A splash page or something that pops up right before they start their tutorial.

Cytokinesis
10-13-2011, 06:39 PM
*goes crazy* NO VANITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PPL WILL JUST JOIN OR SIGN UP JUST FOR THE VANITY AND ABUSE THE TITLE!!!!!!!!!!! JUST LIKE THE "TOUR GUIDE HAT" ON CP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KTpantyhose
10-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Well, one question.....how do you put a sheild on a mage or archer level 10 if there isnt any for them nor there are 1handed items? (with the exception of daggers for a birdand sword for a bear)

I wondered that for a long time when I first started! You cannot equip a shield unless you're using a one handed weapon. You need a wand for Mage, talon or knife for bird

Cytokinesis
10-13-2011, 06:44 PM
talon or knife for bird
u mean talon :)

KTpantyhose
10-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Usually they make an announcement thread (ex. GoA's/SG's or the chroniclers of alterra) and even if you get chosen and dont see the thread someone is bound to find you ingame and be like "OMG!!!"

So ya it's pretty easy to find out lol

Ah ok! Thanks man :)

Lowlyspy
10-13-2011, 06:47 PM

I wondered that for a long time when I first started! You cannot equip a shield unless you're using a one handed weapon. You need a wand for Mage, talon or knife for bird
The xmas items come in a lvl 10 1h versions,thats a solution. Also if they are a mage or bird and they make a vanity shield for this position then if they dont equip a wep they will be showing the shield as they bounce around.

KTpantyhose
10-13-2011, 06:48 PM
u mean talon :)

... Er. I did spell talon correctly. ..

KTpantyhose
10-13-2011, 06:49 PM
The xmas items come in a lvl 10 1h versions,thats a solution. Also if they are a mage or bird and they make a vanity shield for this position then if they dont equip a wep they will be showing the shield as they bounce around.

Thanks! I forgot to mention the vanity shield! :)

Lowlyspy
10-13-2011, 06:58 PM
*goes crazy* NO VANITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PPL WILL JUST JOIN OR SIGN UP JUST FOR THE VANITY AND ABUSE THE TITLE!!!!!!!!!!! JUST LIKE THE "TOUR GUIDE HAT" ON CP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoa no reason for the all caps cyto, yes that may entice some people to join strictly for the vanity but there are going to be regular checks on the ambassadors to make sure they are doing their job. Im certain if the devs see any of them not doing their job they can and will demote them and remove the vanity, easy as that :/

Cytokinesis
10-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Whoa no reason for the all caps cyto, yes that may entice some people to join strictly for the vanity but there are going to be regular checks on the ambassadors to make sure they are doing their job. Im certain if the devs see any of them not doing their job they can and will demote them and remove the vanity, easy as that :/
dont u think it'll be to much trouble to do regular checks?

Phoenixking
10-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Yeah lol its tottally easy thats why we are doing that one thing and thats what the meeting for

Lowlyspy
10-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Odds are they do checks on the GoA's & Star Guard (in the explanatory post it said they reserve the right revoke the guard symbol) every once in a while so i really dont think checking the ambassadors will be that much more trouble. Even if it is, theres gonna be quite a few other ambassadors and if they want they can check for themselves. Regardless im certain it will all work out.

seller
10-13-2011, 07:13 PM
sup guys who rememberd me there last night

Irulelol
10-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Thats why hopefully the people accepted will be responsible people and be well checked to make sure there not kind of person

AdinoEznite
10-13-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm not in favor of an ambassadors guild unless the player can stay in their current guild also. I would like to be considered for a position when the time comes, but not if I would have to leave my current guild.

I've found some nice friends in Legion and if I had to leave I'd turn and ambassadorial position down. Sorry but I'm not the type of person to just up ditch friends because something better comes along. Not my style at all.

However I do like the shield idea very much. Shields are large and easily visible.

Another thought I had while working. <sad isn't it I'm at work and thinking about PL LOL> It would be a nice idea to let people know when they create their account that if they have questions In Game, they can look for any player wearing this or that symbol. A splash page or something that pops up right before they start their tutorial.

actually they said that you would have to make an ALT that can be a max of lvl 10 and that character will be the ambassador
your current character (if its over lvl 10) would not receive the perks or anything

so your main (im assuming) thats in the guild can stay there, your ALT that you make is the one you would be on to help ppl out and could be in the ambassadors guild if there is one

KTpantyhose
10-13-2011, 07:40 PM

actually they said that you would have to make an ALT that can be a max of lvl 10 and that character will be the ambassador
your current character (if its over lvl 10) would not receive the perks or anything

so your main (im assuming) thats in the guild can stay there, your ALT that you make is the one you would be on to help ppl out and could be in the ambassadors guild if there is one

That's a good clarification to those who didn't catch that part haha ;)

DJMdivine
10-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Sounds very cool as where it stands now. Very nice on bringing the community together for creative ideas on the project. Wish you guys luck with everything. :)

Phoenixking
10-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Werent you there djm and i have seen your name a couple times seller :P

nmyxspaceship
10-13-2011, 09:03 PM
OOO interesting wouldnt hurt to send in an applitcation. This is a great idea, new players are constantly asking for help in Forest Haven and this is a great way to fix that! +10 devs!

apocketlegend
10-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Where do we apply at?

Samhayne
10-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Where do we apply at?

Application stuff isn't up yet, the project is just getting rolling.

topskillz
10-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks Sam, and just want to say keep the creative ideas flowing because i think this will turn out to be a very cool experience for who ever is chosen for these roles. Btw cant wait for the halloween event :)

Shellkaz
10-13-2011, 10:34 PM

Yeah I missed it my first time reading it. That's what I get for being on forums during my lunch half hour lol. Then thinking about it while at work and posting when got home before checking my facts. <Gibbs smack> to the back of my head. LOL. I'm usually more alert than that.

n00b13st
10-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Sooo....I don't have time to read the thread right now. Just a few thoughts.
I like the general idea.
I like the idea of the vanity items (NO BUFFS PLEASE) for alt and main.
It needs a little bit more to distinguish it from GoA.
What sorts of "past behavior" would be disqualifying? I've had some difficult discussions with folks who were swearing, playacting rape, selling/seeking drugs, acting like pedophiles, etc. - I don't think the TOS says I'm supposed to be silent about such things - and on some occasions after being sworn at, called all kinds of names (including racist and sexist names depending based on the gender, name and color of the character I'm playing) I've called the person a loser, etc. (never swearing because that's one of my peeves) and/or ranted about/to those people about why their behavior was wrong and didn't belong. Generally I don't act like this, I report (with pictures) and ignore. Would losing my temper, in an "about as offensive as an argument on the Brady Bunch" way, disqualify me?
Would an Ambassador be expected to live online? My co-GM is on a lot more than I am but I'd be interested too, despite only being online a limited amount of time each week. Would that disqualify me?
8-D

DJMdivine
10-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Werent you there djm and i have seen your name a couple times seller :P

Yea I was there like others trying to think of ideas on the fly. Yea I sell items as cheap as I can and I try to play as much as I can thats why I cant fit into this program. I am in no way a daily merchant just saying im far from. I do love to farm though. xD

Naonagotek
10-14-2011, 10:19 AM
were do i apply

Ayc2000
10-14-2011, 10:32 AM
i can't wait to see this program bloom and expand :) the anticipation of seeing who gets in is killing me lol!

Cascade
10-14-2011, 11:35 AM
The first batch will most likely be GoAs or SGs since they have already proved they are trustworthy.

Lowlyspy
10-14-2011, 02:41 PM
IMO it shouldnt be guards for the first batch tho :/

The fact that they already proved themselves is why i think that, others should get the chance to prove their trustworthiness.

Artemis
10-14-2011, 05:26 PM
I agree the GoAs should NOT be the first batch. Would be sort of unfair for the rest of us. Make them work for it like the rest of us.

Artemis
10-14-2011, 05:27 PM
were do i apply

They choose the first people then they open Applications. They havnt chosen the first people yet so therefore applications arent open. Hopefully will be soon.

seller
10-14-2011, 08:11 PM
oh god im not lucky when people come to picking this kinda stuff hopefully im one

Barrington
10-14-2011, 08:28 PM
i thought samhayne and moderator7 where going to choose the first batch of ambassadors

Lowlyspy
10-14-2011, 08:32 PM
They are

topskillz
10-15-2011, 12:16 AM
Cant wait to see whos in

Skeletonlord
10-15-2011, 02:59 AM
I love this idea!

I especially love the idea about the vanity and different colour for your player name

Zeus
10-15-2011, 02:48 PM
The first batch will most likely be GoAs or SGs since they have already proved they are trustworthy.

That may or may not be true. It's up to the devs. Either way, I'm fine with their choices.

BUT, to those that say that Guardians shouldn't be the first batch. Why should the few that remain helpful and active be thrown out? Ellyidol is one of the most helpful guys I have seen on forums, he continues to be helpful. Denying him it because he is a guardian already would almost be like a crime, IMO.

I say, it's up to the devs. Let them choose what they want. :)

Lowlyspy
10-15-2011, 03:41 PM
That may or may not be true. It's up to the devs. Either way, I'm fine with their choices.

BUT, to those that say that Guardians shouldn't be the first batch. Why should the few that remain helpful and active be thrown out? Ellyidol is one of the most helpful guys I have seen on forums, he continues to be helpful. Denying him it because he is a guardian already would almost be like a crime, IMO.

I see what ur saying but i disagree with you when you say "the few that remain helpful and active". That is basically saying you think only the guards are helpful and active,idk if thats what u meant but there are PLENTY of others who are just as helpful and, if not, more active who definitely deserve the recognition.

ghost.mw
10-15-2011, 03:52 PM
I would love to be one of those guys,I don't wanna do it for the items, vanity etc..,I wanna do it beacause I love helping other players and iam already doing it in forst heaven ,I hope I will be one of those guys even if I wasn't I would be still doing it.

Buddyf97
10-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Sounds like an awesome idea! I'll be sure to send in an application and hope to be chosen!
Question: How many ambassadors will be chosen at a time?

Zeus
10-15-2011, 05:00 PM
I see what ur saying but i disagree with you when you say "the few that remain helpful and active". That is basically saying you think only the guards are helpful and active,idk if thats what u meant but there are PLENTY of others who are just as helpful and, if not, more active who definitely deserve the recognition.

I think you misinterpreted. I was referring to the few Guardians who remain helpful and active after they got their shields shouldn't be thrown out. Then again, when I think about it, the majority of them have still been helpful and active after the shield.

Moogerfooger
10-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Then again, when I think about it, the majority of them have still been helpful and active after the shield.

Many of the earlier Guardians are not active, or very mostly inactive and pop up for air pretty rarely. And several coincidentally moved on to other games/real life after they got the shield.

Otukura
10-15-2011, 05:15 PM
I'd like it if they had a "set effect" of white question marks, like the sparkles we see in sets. Maybe triggered by just wearing a special, invisible vanity. Locked to the Alt, ofc.

I can't even imagine being in FH doing this, TBH. Seems so painful.

Apocolypze
10-15-2011, 05:47 PM
When do applications start? Also maybe a vanity like the playstation experia but a question mark would be good IMO.

RedRyder
10-15-2011, 06:16 PM
When do applications start?

After they pick the first group.

Artemis
10-15-2011, 08:37 PM

I think Guardians should be Ambassadors too, i just dont think they should pick ONLY guardians to be in the first batch. But they shouldnt be Insta-Ambassadors just because there guardians. Let them apply just like the rest of us. Lets just pretend there not guardians while they apply. Act like there one of the commoners just to make it all fair chances for everyone.

Gluttony
10-15-2011, 08:42 PM
I think Guardians should be Ambassadors too, i just dont think they should pick ONLY guardians to be in the first batch. But they shouldnt be Insta-Ambassadors just because there guardians. Let them apply just like the rest of us. Lets just pretend there not guardians while they apply. Act like there one of the commoners just to make it all fair chances for everyone.

In a perfect world perhaps, but let's be honest about 90% of the first batch will be guardians. It's a given since STS has regarded them as the best of what the game has to offer in terms of "stand-up" players; otherwise they wouldn't have granted them such a status. It's mostly what being a GoA is about so why wouldn't it transfer over to this program. Who else really has a chance to get in when they're up against someone who has Guardian or Alterra to fill in on their resume?

Lowlyspy
10-15-2011, 09:48 PM
We'll start this out with a group of hand picked players we already have in mind

apparently the devs have already made up their minds, lets put this to rest and just watch and wait.

antonium
10-16-2011, 02:10 AM
Sounds awesome can't wait!!! :cool:

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
10-16-2011, 03:10 AM
i dont really want to be an ambassador since i really dont want to be on the job everyday! i alreadt hav a job and thts iin my guild! i recruit lots for my guild ;)
but yah since i admire STS ill go to forest Haven to greet som ppl for a while, somtimes, for now on ;)

nazgulking
10-16-2011, 03:32 AM
I may be interested in this program, where do I apply?

Skeletonlord
10-16-2011, 03:36 AM
Moderator and samhayne choose some and then a application thread will be available

KTpantyhose
10-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Hey guys.

nazgulking
10-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Moderator and samhayne choose some and then a application thread will be available

Ok thanks.

StompArtist
10-16-2011, 09:48 AM
In a perfect world perhaps, but let's be honest about 90% of the first batch will be guardians. It's a given since STS has regarded them as the best of what the game has to offer in terms of "stand-up" players; otherwise they wouldn't have granted them such a status. It's mostly what being a GoA is about so why wouldn't it transfer over to this program. Who else really has a chance to get in when they're up against someone who has Guardian or Alterra to fill in on their resume?

Some GoA would not be interested in being ambassadors... and some folks that are not GoA would make great ambassadors. I think it would be best to go case by case...

topskillz
10-16-2011, 12:53 PM
I agree, but i hope there are more players that arent GoA. I dont wanna say it would be more fair but theyve already got there recognition as a helper and top player, there are many more in the game that do much for the community.

Rawrimafish
10-19-2011, 06:38 PM
I'd like to be an ambassador but sadly I cant come to the meeting

Miguel Herbert
10-19-2011, 11:35 PM
How do I go in the voleenteer program I do speak both Spanish and English, so I would be a help. I also wansnt aware of a meeting

dudetus
10-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Hey I just thought that some ppl who play PL don't rly know that good english. When they get some issues it's impossible for them to send email to support since they don't either know how to report issues or their english is that poor that they can't write good enough english.

How about making it possible for AoAs to report issues for others?

Beginner with technical issues + bad english= quit

Slade431
10-24-2011, 08:31 AM
How would I get into this program?

Slade431
10-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Ambassadors of Alterra

horadez
10-27-2011, 05:19 AM
How do u apply?

Matutd
10-27-2011, 05:23 AM
At the moment there is no way to apply, u just have to hope to be chosen :excited: Im pretty sure there was a mention of application in the future but at the moment its just the select few that are chosen :)
Also the meeting wasnt compulsory, i wasnt there, but im pretty sure it was just to discuss the name, duties and general discussion of the program. Best bet is to just be helpful around the forum and get spotted :)

nmyxspaceship
10-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Yeah 20 ambassadors is a lot there are only so many towns but not all of them will be on at the same time so more ambassadors means more help. Also it would mean that ambassadors would be able to run through maybe the first few quest and recommend them to places like the forums for more help if needed. So it wouldn't hurt to have at most 35 ambassadors. Just my opinion

Note: to many post before this:)