PDA

View Full Version : New articfact system

oekeone
05-18-2017, 01:11 PM
This is a event which you really need plat to be able to obtain a artifact :/ its not fun if you have to pay 500 plat for a artifact, and especially 2.5k plat for 50 runes :/ and it takes 25 to make the level 20 artifact
No way were gonna get artifacts unless we stay up all day for 24 hours for just half the ingredients you need to be able to farm the first artifact, sts should change this to 30min for the 1 hour quest, and give 1-3 tokens per quest its not fair for us f2p players, sts should add the common artifact to be able to drop from boss and artifact runes and fragments to drop from the same map :/ it would make things fun tbh

Goldilox
05-18-2017, 01:16 PM
The common artifact does drop from the boss.

SkipperSkinner
05-18-2017, 01:19 PM
This is a event which you really need plat to be able to obtain a artifact :/ its not fun if you have to pay 500 plat for a artifact, and especially 2.5k plat for 50 runes :/ and it takes 25 to make the level 20 artifact
No way were gonna get artifacts unless we stay up all day for 24 hours for just half the ingredients you need to be able to farm the first artifact, sts should change this to 30min for the 1 hour quest, and give 1-3 tokens per quest its not fair for us f2p players, sts should add the common artifact to be able to drop from boss and artifact runes and fragments to drop from the same map :/ it would make things fun tbh

Imo these daily and hourly quests are a great motivation to run maps like maus and is very farmable by the f2p player even if it means it will just take a bit longer and this isn't an event the ability to enter dungeon daily/hour through quests is permanent, no end date here

oekeone
05-18-2017, 01:29 PM
The common artifact does drop from the boss.

Whoops my bad i didnt know xD

PEMA
05-18-2017, 02:22 PM
Artifact is easy, the runes are the real pain :(

Sent from my T1 7.0 using Tapatalk

Fyrce
05-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Um, people DO know you dont need to have it all done day 1, right? Or even week 1?

oekeone
05-18-2017, 02:34 PM
Um, people DO know you dont need to have it all done day 1, right? Or even week 1?

Maybe decade 1?

You Mad Or Nah
05-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Maybe next lifetime?

Moyser
05-18-2017, 02:52 PM
I expected it to be as grindy as the Glintstone set(When it was first released). BUT NO. Glintstone set is a joke compared to the time taken to farm this...

Iplo
05-18-2017, 03:05 PM
If you want a arcane artifact, you'll have to use minimum 387 500 platinum. And that's only for portal runs. Imagine how long time it will take..

Eagle Eye229
05-18-2017, 03:29 PM
I wonder players logic at times :o.

1: why would stg make new content that you could plow through in a weeks time when im sure they spent more time then that on this -_-.

2: no one likes to have a goal in this game? Seems a majority just would like things to be easy and finish this content so they can complain about nothing to do.

3: All who complain about how much farming it will take, maybe try another source for these mats and just continue to farm them as well. Either pay or play, or both. Depends on how fast you want the item in question. The faster you want it, the more you pay with money or time, thats the way games are nowadays -_-.

4: i would rather these to stay rare-ish and everyone can profit(like maybe new players who grind these, i would rather them get payed well then not).

5: Stg this is a very nice update, cant wait to see whats headed our way in AL's future.

Thank you for your time.

Ign - Archonmage / Kilainstincts.

oekeone
05-18-2017, 03:29 PM
If you want a arcane artifact, you'll have to use minimum 387 500 platinum. And that's only for portal runs. Imagine how long time it will take..

No fun lmfao especially running the map hourly and 1 run per hour :/ they should atleast add 2-3 tokens per quest than u need 160 runes for arcane artifact, its just to much xD

oekeone
05-18-2017, 03:31 PM
Maybe next lifetime?

Maybe afterlife? Or after reincarnation?

thekragle
05-18-2017, 03:50 PM
Firstly, the premise behind this system is great as it works like a mini event. Compare the daily and weekly quests to farming energy for example. The design and setup is great.

However, unlike an event, the mobs in the new map are very hard and while challenge is good it might be a bit to challenging. I would rather see weak mobs and a hard boss like in events then hard throughout. I can't even imagine being a lone warrior!

Secondly, the reward should match the payment. 25 plat is far to much for the potential rewards in the map. There should be at least a few more Easter eggs added like a possible Arcane shard drop or Dragonite bar or so on. If I spend 25 plat I should at least feel like I can loot something if I get lucky that is worth while. It should be similar to running Maus 6 for example.

Possible changes could include less plat to enter map. Change to party system instead of solo. Better possible rewards from boss.

What does everyone else think?
Map too hard to Solo?
25 plat too much?
Not enough reward for the cost or work involved?

runagain
05-18-2017, 06:13 PM
Where the f did u get that number? I'm pretty sure if u run at 2toons at the same time. When u done ur 1-2runs in Runes, you have to start with the 20-30min Daily.. do the same at the other toon and u don't even have to buy anything. Lol

HulkieBeast
05-18-2017, 06:42 PM
Devs really took this too far. I mean who is designing these ideas, think of players perspective, the only bad thing STS has is that they never play the game from normal players perspective.
Even if dev comes in game, he uses all best gear and everything and just soloes the map like hot knife thru butter.
Devs need to have better communication with good players, and not with players like *president of arlor* or whatever crap.
We need better game, not something like that. Get your things together STS, this game is almost dead. My friendlist was never empty and i have 300 friends and i just saw that there was noone online, so many people quitted.

You Mad Or Nah
05-18-2017, 07:00 PM
Where the f did u get that number? I'm pretty sure if u run at 2toons at the same time. When u done ur 1-2runs in Runes, you have to start with the 20-30min Daily.. do the same at the other toon and u don't even have to buy anything. Lol
Not everyone has multiple devices think about that

runagain
05-18-2017, 07:02 PM
Not everyone has multiple devices think about that
Not even needed, u only need 2 Characters haha

You Mad Or Nah
05-18-2017, 07:07 PM
Not even needed, u only need 2 Characters haha
"Run 2 toons AT THE SAME TIME" "haha"

You Mad Or Nah
05-18-2017, 07:12 PM
Devs really took this too far. I mean who is designing these ideas, think of players perspective, the only bad thing STS has is that they never play the game from normal players perspective.
Even if dev comes in game, he uses all best gear and everything and just soloes the map like hot knife thru butter.
Devs need to have better communication with good players, and not with players like *president of arlor* or whatever crap.
We need better game, not something like that. Get your things together STS, this game is almost dead. My friendlist was never empty and i have 300 friends and i just saw that there was noone online, so many people quitted.
The way AL is heading too...I agree with you. It's going to discourage many f2p(even old gen) players to even try to get the new artifact.

You Mad Or Nah
05-18-2017, 07:14 PM
the system hasn't been running for a week so why complain so soon. looking at the crafting (the ingredients, rune and the rarity upgrade) it may feel "impossible" however i have seen f2p players play... this is actually possible no joke it may take time yes but why be in such a hurry...there are op plat players yes but i don't think someone will go that far to purchasing arcane artifact for 32k plat XD even if i say someone can go that far to having the best stats and gear it will just be 1-3 people. I find it as a good motivation to farm... people are not obliged to complete an arcane in 1 month. Some of those people are just farming to sell they are not even crafting it.. So let the system for a while first.. then after that let's see...
Freedom of speech #BLUELIVESMATTER gang gang

Newcomx
05-18-2017, 07:15 PM
Almost excited about the new update... until I realize that it will take too much of my time or a lot amount of gold to buy this artifact, it feel like working than playing game.

Bmlty
05-18-2017, 07:49 PM
not at the same time but while you wait for the one hour you can use your other toon to get tokens.. thats what we call "strategy".

I think thats called not having a life

oekeone
05-18-2017, 07:55 PM
I think thats called not having a life

Your so savage for that reply xD im dieing over here

leoakre
05-18-2017, 08:40 PM
Apparently my comments are being censored before I'm allowed to have them posted so I don't feel like rewriting my whole post again. In the future I guess I should ss what I write before I try to post it so I don't lose my unposted "off in the land of censorship" comments. @@

All I've got to say is I'm all for trying something once, but paying 25 platinum only to get a couple of rusty helmets and a splintered stick is just plain disappointing.

I did not get even ONE item that could be used towards the crafting of this amazing new artifact for my special platinum fee entrance!

Unless there is some kind of bonus for spending the 25 platinum on an entrance fee, I suggest everyone just get by on doing the quests for tokens as a means to enter this new 'artifact' map.

There is so much more one can do with 25 platinum!

Fyrce
05-18-2017, 09:17 PM
I think wait 1 month and Artifacts and runes will be much cheaper. Hell, even normal people might get an Artifact. Whoda thunk?

Poisontips
05-18-2017, 10:01 PM
If we had new maps to grind out the 1 hour dailies I think this would be much less tedious...I don't mind putting in time to get an awesome item but I think this just isnt very realistic for most of us. I don't wanna play the same maps we've been playing for months/years killing a 1000mobs an hour 20+ times a day to come up virtually empty handed. IMO The portal entrance should be reduced to like 5 plat max and the daily quests should all grant more entrance tokens as well.

Iplo
05-18-2017, 10:47 PM
Please correct me if I made a mistake in my calculation.

You need total 620 runes for arcane artifact.

Each rune is 25 tokens right?

620 x 25 = 15 500 runs total (minimum)

Each run in portal cost 25 plat right?

15 500 x 25 = 387 500 plat total

You Mad Or Nah
05-18-2017, 10:50 PM

Insane right?

Hercules
05-18-2017, 10:58 PM

Yes, you are right. I hope Goldi fix the total runes tomorrow :P

runagain
05-19-2017, 12:09 AM
"Run 2 toons AT THE SAME TIME" "haha"
Oh lol, no not like tht.. xc, one by one I mean haha

runagain
05-19-2017, 12:16 AM

U can buy Runes aswell in plat store, Just incase u haven't seen that yet [emoji14]

U need 600 Runes in total (since u can start with the rare rarity of the Artifact)

So you'll need 600: 50 x2.500 = 30.000 plat.. no need that eh... 387.500 number haha

runagain
05-19-2017, 12:19 AM
Lalalalalala

runagain
05-19-2017, 12:22 AM
U can buy Runes aswell in plat store, Just incase u haven't seen that yet [emoji14]

U need 600 Runes in total (since u can start with the rare rarity of the Artifact)

So you'll need 600: 50 x2.500 = 30.000 plat.. no need that eh... 387.500 number haha

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

You Mad Or Nah
05-19-2017, 12:24 AM

Not everyone wants to spend their hard earned money on a game.( I know no one's forcing you to buy plat)but thats still a lot of plat for just a portal opening

runagain
05-19-2017, 12:38 AM
Not everyone wants to spend their hard earned money on a game.( I know no one's forcing you to buy plat)but thats still a lot of plat for just a portal opening
No need to run the portal, if u buy them in store u actually save.387.000-30.000 around 340.000 plats just by buying from the store instead of running the portal.. lol, anyway as I mentioned before.. if you run with 2 Characters one by one..(once one char is at cooldown, you can run w the other), you'll need even have the time to buy plat nd run the portal.

Tho I don't see all this complaining, ppl where crying about that the old days were better.. well this is like the old days!

Hard dropped items, which were really expensive, such as Fossil to craft nekro, Shard to make an Arcane ring... SnS which came from Ursoth event. Weren't those items really expensive aswell??

Same with the pets, now a pet is 6 Times as cheap then before egg-zavier and those shets (cap 41), sam was like 30m backthen, now it's how much? 5m??? Lmao..

Actually in the time ppl are complaining onhere they could've done their dailies already =) or well hourlies. At his or her alt ofc ^^

Iplo
05-19-2017, 12:44 AM

Okay. I didnt know that ^_^

Anyways, I think 30k plat is still little too much. 30k plat cost roughly 1800€ so I think they must do something anyways.

And how about f2p players? They must run the map 15 500 times anyways or..? A grind like that takes an eternity. :/

Eagle Eye229
05-19-2017, 01:39 AM
Im sure the plat cost will go down, just like any deal in life and your the seller, start your price high and check supply and demand ;)Its life.

If the rune/token count goes down i dont think it will be to anyones liking :). Leave it please.

Im happy for the newer players who are not well off and manage to sell off a few of these of these in the first days :)

Im sure 1 maybe 2 more "2x" events then a bigger one to keep our farmers happy, so just go with it guys and let Stg run the numbers.

People were coming here complaining minutes after this launch, really..... Is any one of us perfect?

This was a nice addition and everyone agrees(or why u complaining) so lets stay positive about this and at least let Stg think and work a bit with the info they have gotten so far.

So much negativity its depressing almost and the devs here are some tanks in amongst themselves with all the insta hate that goes on here :o.

Just lighten up and be patient.....

Thank you for your time

Ign: Archonmage/ Kilainstincts

william5439
05-19-2017, 04:01 AM
I always get magna fragment only, the other one never get before. Don't know why

runagain
05-19-2017, 06:16 AM

No need to run the portal, if u buy them in store u actually save.387.000-30.000 around 340.000 plats just by buying from the store instead of running the portal.. lol, anyway as I mentioned before.. if you run with 2 Characters one by one..(once one char is at cooldown, you can run w the other), you'll need even have the time to buy plat nd run the portal.

Tho I don't see all this complaining, ppl where crying about that the old days were better.. well this is like the old days!

Hard dropped items, which were really expensive, such as Fossil to craft nekro, Shard to make an Arcane ring... SnS which came from Ursoth event. Weren't those items really expensive aswell??

Same with the pets, now a pet is 6 Times as cheap then before egg-zavier and those shets (cap 41), sam was like 30m backthen, now it's how much? 5m??? Lmao..

Actually in the time ppl are complaining onhere they could've done their dailies already =) or well hourlies. At his or her alt ofc ^^

Spell
05-19-2017, 01:08 PM
no no fries listen to these people they have a Ph.D in hyperbole. If they say it will take a lifetime to get, it will!

Peper! need artifacts problem very big!

Moyser
05-19-2017, 02:26 PM
I read "Hyperbole" as "Hyperbola" and got confused for a moment there xD

alxe
05-19-2017, 02:54 PM
well its only been up for like 2 days..its not a plat tier in an event so u want the best reward in like 3 days lol

Loveshot
05-19-2017, 03:29 PM
I always get magna fragment only, the other one never get before. Don't know why

Dude I have gotten 30 magna fragments and 0 victus. And everytime I ask on forum chatbox, thread, or in game in town no one answers 0.0 I've almost started making up conspiracy theories

Goldilox
05-19-2017, 04:39 PM
Dude I have gotten 30 magna fragments and 0 victus. And everytime I ask on forum chatbox, thread, or in game in town no one answers 0.0 I've almost started making up conspiracy theories

Magna fragments are looted by level 31-61. Victus Fragments are looted by levels 1-30. Hope this helps clear up some confusion and dashes any major conspiracies.

-Goldi

Oakmaiden
05-19-2017, 05:32 PM
Magna fragments are looted by level 31-61. Victus Fragments are looted by levels 1-30. Hope this helps clear up some confusion and dashes any major conspiracies.

-Goldi nontradable frags that I cant loot at my level? That is a major conspiracy!

loyti
05-19-2017, 08:21 PM

-Goldi

we never knew about this Goldi. But now we do. Thanks again although it should have been stated earlier so that players will not get confused. Anyway, overall this new content is a good addition to this game. As stated by G, this is perma so theres no need to rush actually. Yes a lot of tweaks are needed especially with regards to plat cost to enter portal, loots from bosses, difficulty of mobs, etc, etc. That is why we have this forum to express our feedback in a constructive manner. Goodluck everyone.

On a side note, how can my level 61 toon craft if it cannot acquire victus fragments? Pls. enlighten us on this one. thanks.

PEMA
05-19-2017, 09:06 PM
I guess twinks are now a necessity, great, just great

Sent from my T1 7.0 using Tapatalk

Kingofninjas
05-19-2017, 09:55 PM

-Goldi

This is idiotic. I don't want to be forced to rely on twinks to upgrade my artifact, nor do I want to be forced to make a twink of my own.

Antispace
05-20-2017, 12:27 AM
Ew calculate again pls

Duderr
05-20-2017, 02:15 AM
This map is a pain to solo even on rogue/mage...feels bad. Rip warriors...solo runs...pfft, gl with that. sts doesn't give a rats a$$ about you :(
Poorly thought through. While I have no qualms regarding the amount of effort one has to put into getting these new items, in any solo oppurtunity....you might wanna spend more r&d time on scaling the place.
Gg

Horgs
05-20-2017, 09:14 AM
the common one is pretty easy to get I guess.. I got it in my second try :D

Suentous PO
05-20-2017, 01:33 PM

-Goldi

This is not true, I looted a magna on my lv 30 after an year of clearing that map >.<

I tried to make a post about the problems but it needs mod approval and it's the weekend so
Yeh
-_-

Iplo
05-20-2017, 04:54 PM
Ew calculate again pls
Ew check the 2nd page of this thread pls. There's how I calculated that.

Antispace
05-20-2017, 04:59 PM
Ew check the 2nd page of this thread pls. There's how I calculated that.
Why tf would u run if u can buy artifacts in store? In total u would need 620/50 > 12
So u need 13 of those 50runes packs which r at 2500plat each
Ergo => 13*2500 = 32500.

Smallcan
05-21-2017, 12:00 AM
wait so for fragments 1-30 is one type 31-61 is another type ?

Inu
05-21-2017, 05:59 AM
wait so for fragments 1-30 is one type 31-61 is another type ?

Yes, Victus from L1-30 and Magna L31-61

Iplo
05-21-2017, 10:45 AM
Why tf would u run if u can buy artifacts in store? In total u would need 620/50 > 12
So u need 13 of those 50runes packs which r at 2500plat each
Ergo => 13*2500 = 32500.
There's an answer for that question on the 2nd page too :)

Smallcan
05-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Yes, Victus from L1-30 and Magna L31-61

Thank you very much :)

leoakre
05-21-2017, 09:05 PM
Let me get this straight...

All the players who play at both endgame and twink levels not only will be able to farm AND gear their toons with game-changing items, but they also get to profit from selling to players who only play at either the endgame or twink level, and not both levels ?!

So, after all this hoopla of making game-changing items farmable, now they aren't? We have to rely on a whole separate community of players to be able to keep competing at the level we've always competed?

capeo
05-21-2017, 10:45 PM
I think the purpose of having it split by level is to help lower level player make gold. Remember lower level player will need to buy runes to. So yes twinks don't need to buy anything but other players making there way through the game will be able to farm runes and sell them. Obviously I'm guessing. Maybe they did it to help twinks. I've seen a ton of posts where they complain that everything new is based on end game content. I could see sts giving them something to be happy about. For the rest of us we will be selling and trading for the type we need. Similar to the light bearer and adept concept where you can only craft half the items. It encourages people to work together or trade for what they need.

Allset
05-21-2017, 11:59 PM
It seems like a waste of time... In the auction I've seen the top artifacts going for 3 mill. But only adding 10 stat points. Weak sauce

Guild - Awakening

Minisalami
05-22-2017, 01:37 AM
I think just farming the entry tokens is what makes most sense atm. Lets see if STS changes something. If not, is that artifact really necessary ? Don't think so.....

srazman
05-22-2017, 08:13 AM
I hope sts put in a buff/awakening for the arcane artifact (pve only).. such as... anti-curse, anti-stun@freeze, etc..

nightmaresmoke
05-22-2017, 01:52 PM
It seems like a waste of time... In the auction I've seen the top artifacts going for 3 mill. But only adding 10 stat points. Weak sauce

Guild - Awakening
10 stat is huge you know with arcane 100 stat imagine your overall stat with that 0_o though in the next expansion gears would have op stats too surpassing old twilight expa gears.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"

Suentous PO
05-22-2017, 03:10 PM
Just let both drop to any lev already. Forcing ppl to twink farm makes no sense.

codered
05-22-2017, 05:22 PM
The best content, most fun, challenging, thank you sts :)

*Im talking about planar tomb and arena

leoakre
05-23-2017, 08:25 PM
Just let both drop to any lev already. Forcing ppl to twink farm makes no sense.

Agree with you wholeheartedly!

Good game to those who do both!

Smh ...

Zylx
05-23-2017, 10:03 PM
The best content, most fun, challenging, thank you sts :)

*Im talking about planar tomb and arena

I disagree, nordr was the most fun :)