PDA

View Full Version : A sheep and a level cap increase!

Amuze
10-13-2011, 02:56 AM
"You can skin a sheep once or sheer it for a lifetime."

A lot of people who spent quit a bit of money on plat farming and leveling to achieve level 61 and craft their demonic sets are going to be extremely disappointed if this level cap increase goes in so suddenly. I was frankly shocked to see it announced as part of the Mt. Fang news, given that so many people are finally finishing their crafted sets around this time. They'll have a whole 2 more weeks to enjoy their gear before it becomes obsolete like the uber Custom Recurve set.

I've played a lot of MMO's in my life and have seen the damage that is done with level cap increases. It's a wonderful thing to provide new content and STS has done a great job of doing that. But what is the point of increase the level cap? Are their new skills that will be released? Does STS need to meet investors demands and sell more plat and pad their coffers? I've been an entrepreneur for many, many years and I have a strong sense of what is going on behind the scenes here. When you add everything up, it definitely "looks like" the level cap play is primarily a financial move on STS' part. Notice the random inclusion of a 500 plat vanity helm recently?

Anyhow, I hope the cap increase is postponed for the sake of the people who make PL fun -- the players. I personally have talked to several people in my guild about this and some of the feedback is quite discouraging. Why drive long time loyal customers to quit over a little more platinum sales?

Aneheazatek
10-13-2011, 03:13 AM
very well said.

+1 .

Trollee
10-13-2011, 03:17 AM
"You can skin a sheep once or sheer it for a lifetime."

Never heard this before; very fitting though.

Siejo
10-13-2011, 03:58 AM
I am probably the only one happy to see Mt. Fang finally coming out. I must say however that this post is one of the most polite and respectful rants I've ever seen. The concerns are laid out without the unnecessary use of name calling and profanity. This is exactly how constructive criticism should be with all rants. So I want to say thank you for being mature and professional in sharing your feedback.

LoveMadrid
10-13-2011, 04:01 AM
Thank you Amuze !

My thoughts exactly !

+1 Rep FTW :)

Lets hope they postpone the level cap increase .. :(

dudetus
10-13-2011, 04:03 AM
'nuff said I guess!

Flickz
10-13-2011, 04:06 AM
Anyhow, I hope the cap increase is postponed for the sake of the people who make PL fun -- the players. I personally have talked to several people in my guild about this and some of the feedback is quite discouraging. Why drive long time loyal customers to quit over a little more platinum sales? You made alot of good points but this last part didn't make sence to me. Why would you quit if they raised the cap? I can understand if you spent money to rush to 61 but did you really expect it to take another seven months again? I think the level cap raising only effects the people who feel the need to have the shield/crown bonus and the people who could afford crafting demonic. For the people who made it to 60 and couldnt get a full glyph set with a bonus or already missed their chance to get the crown will be happy. Its the people who got demonic who are mad now because they lost their advantage over other players.

SuperNas
10-13-2011, 04:14 AM
I don't play pl... But I completely agree with you

cynic
10-13-2011, 04:24 AM
I've learned here, that if the game was ment to play like this it is.
The new cap is no problem as long as you're having fun!
See it as a boost to use some more elixers and potion to support the devs!

LoveMadrid
10-13-2011, 04:33 AM
You made alot of good points but this last part didn't make sence to me. Why would you quit if they raised the cap? I can understand if you spent money to rush to 61 but did you really expect it to take another seven months again? I think the level cap raising only effects the people who feel the need to have the shield/crown bonus and the people who could afford crafting demonic. For the people who made it to 60 and couldnt get a full glyph set with a bonus or already missed their chance to get the crown will be happy. Its the people who got demonic who are mad now because they lost their advantage over other players.
Because we spent alot of money on elixirs to level to max level .. Now that the cap has rised, that means we gotta spend a hell lot more money if we wanted to obtain max level again..

Lets do the maths..

As everyone knows 60-61 = 100520 exp.

61-62 is going to = 150k exp

62-63 = 200k xp

Etc..

Now if you get a good party in Nuri you get around 10k exp per hr..cand if Mt Fang provided nice exp, then lets assume 20k exp per hour..

Its gonna take peolple WITH 4x 10 hrs of pure farming with a 4x team (if u can find one)non- stop jst to level once..

STS wants everyone to grind for it .. From 60-61 it takes about 400 plat (25 bucks) 25* 6 (assuming that you will need more exp to level each lvl)

25*6 = 150 dollars / 2400 plat in total just for the elixirs to level up.. (that is if you can find a 4x party everytime you enter a game for 60 hours non stop) to level to max level..

Doesn't that sound ridiculous to you :/

And who knows if they will release another update in a month to bring the cap up another 5 levels just to make even more money out of those loyal players.

cynic
10-13-2011, 04:41 AM
You guys wanted potions and elixers and now everybod eyes is open. Now its my time to laugh, this was comming and we are all surprised??

Aki
10-13-2011, 04:59 AM
Because we spent alot of money on elixirs to level to max level .. Now that the cap has rised, that means we gotta spend a hell lot more money if we wanted to obtain max level again..

Lets do the maths..

62-63 = 200k xp

Etc..

Now if you get a good party in Nuri you get around 10k exp per hr..cand if Mt Fang provided nice exp, then lets assume 20k exp per hour..

Its gonna take peolple WITH 4x 10 hrs of pure farming with a 4x team (if u can find one)non- stop jst to level once..

STS wants everyone to grind for it .. From 60-61 it takes about 400 plat (25 bucks) 25* 6 (assuming that you will need more exp to level each lvl)

25*6 = 150 dollars / 2400 plat in total just for the elixirs to level up.. (that is if you can find a 4x party everytime you enter a game for 60 hours non stop) to level to max level..

And who knows if they will release another update in a month to bring the cap up another 5 levels just to make even more money out of those loyal players.

I think your assumptions are wrong here. Only 60-61 is the elite level. When the cap is raised again, the exp required for 60-61 will drop to 10k, 61-62 will likely be around 11k, and so on. Only the Elite level of 65-66 will require you to grind over 100k exp for that level (again).

cmangalos
10-13-2011, 05:00 AM
you cannot blame sts, its their choice to use elixir. tbh cs are being manipulized by rich players

trixxspet
10-13-2011, 05:44 AM
are you kidding me? the number one guild leader is on here with this? tsk tsk....a financial move....ummmm yeah....this game is designed to make money..game design is completed by money not rainbows and happy thoughts.

WoundedEagle
10-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Opinion: Don't release it this early.

Way to cope:
-Release the campaign at this time, but let players have the ability to get to 61 and if thy choose that reason they cannot access the new campaign until they reach 61 or until they give up. They would get the Shield of Hallows.

-Don't release campaign now.

13lacklegionz
10-13-2011, 06:10 AM

Lets do the maths..

62-63 = 200k xp

Etc..

I think your assumptions are wrong here. Only 60-61 is the elite level. When the cap is raised again, the exp required for 60-61 will drop to 10k, 61-62 will likely be around 11k, and so on. Only the Elite level of 65-66 will require you to grind over 100k exp for that level (again).

Yes, it's only the elite lvls (55-56, 60-61, 65-66) that will have 100k+ exp to grind for. The others (60-65) will be like 10k-15k exp each.

cmangalos
10-13-2011, 08:06 AM
and what do lvl 61 wanna do?every day hunting nuri. and pvp?

Flickz
10-13-2011, 08:22 AM
You made alot of good points but this last part didn't make sence to me. Why would you quit if they raised the cap? I can understand if you spent money to rush to 61 but did you really expect it to take another seven months again? I think the level cap raising only effects the people who feel the need to have the shield/crown bonus and the people who could afford crafting demonic. For the people who made it to 60 and couldnt get a full glyph set with a bonus or already missed their chance to get the crown will be happy. Its the people who got demonic who are mad now because they lost their advantage over other players.

Lets do the maths..

62-63 = 200k xp

Etc..

And who knows if they will release another update in a month to bring the cap up another 5 levels just to make even more money out of those loyal players. This game is free to play just because you choose to buy plat and spend it on elixers doesn't mean the wronged you in any way. The people who don't want to reach the hardcore level shouldnt have to wait for the people who want more time to reach it. Everybody says they need more time like its suppose to be easy. Now that they made something hard to do in game everybody wants to complain.

cynic
10-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Opinion: Don't release it this early.

Way to cope:
-Release the campaign at this time, but let players have the ability to get to 61 and if thy choose that reason they cannot access the new campaign until they reach 61 or until they give up. They would get the Shield of Hallows.

-Don't release campaign now.

I say RELEASE IT

Navygreen
10-13-2011, 08:53 AM
I can understand that, Amuze. Thanks for posting :)

Ghastly
10-13-2011, 12:21 PM
K i get it, but please keep this in one thread, and not make a new one for every tiny thing.