PDA

View Full Version : So use to saying REV when i die..

LwMark
10-13-2011, 04:10 AM
I was literally at start of symphony an started typing an accidentently died..then Evildarfader said "LOL" i said what? An he says "your steps from respawn"..i lold cause im just so use to sayin REV when i die...lol..idk i thought funny ;)

Blind
10-13-2011, 07:44 AM
It's really annoying when people say "rev, rez" instantly. That's very disrespectful, it makes you sound as if you are a boss. The only time i say rev is when a mage didn't notice and kept walking, and even then you should say "rev please"

ExperimentNebulaCore
10-13-2011, 07:53 AM
It's really annoying when people say "rev, rez" instantly. That's very disrespectful, it makes you sound as if you are a boss. The only time i say rev is when a mage didn't notice and kept walking, and even then you should say "rev please"

Agreed. In nuri mages know your dead and will rev you. Sometimes they walk off and don't notice you. That's when i say "HEY MAGE YOU FORGOT TO REV ME LOLOLOL" but otherwise I don't say anything.

Roc
10-13-2011, 08:00 AM
I do think it's better to play it off as a funny reminder, like you were accidentally forgotten rather than intentionally left behind because, really, who would want to leave someone behind??? :tongue:

Navygreen
10-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Yeah I think you may come off as you're some kind of boss if you immediately say rev and not give a mage enough time to even know you're down. If i'm the mage running with you and I don't immediately get to you, be patient. I'm always coming for you! :)

But to stay on topic, that is pretty funny lol. You're right at spawn and you still wait for someone to rev you. Haha, I think that has happened to me before!

Fyrce
10-13-2011, 12:14 PM
I've had people yell at my mage for rev when they're right at respawn or steps from it. I've had people leave a game because of that, because they thought my mage was ignoring them.

Usually, the remaining players and I laugh about it, because really...

StompArtist
10-13-2011, 12:16 PM
I use to have "Rev in a second plz" in my quick chat. With good timing before a large mob or boss it usually make folks laugh...

Moogerfooger
10-13-2011, 07:00 PM
I just say "Man down :)". Lets them know someone is toast and could use a hand when able.

joopiduh
10-13-2011, 11:16 PM
I try to keep it light. My indication that I need a rev - "dum dum dum... another one bites the dust". Most people responds with an "lol" and some even come back from a farther distance to rev me. And when they do, they get a "I'm ALIVE!!!...... thank you!" from me.

But I can relate to OP. I run with a tight group. So tight that even when I die right next to respawn, I get rev-ed even without asking! And we're like, "umm... respawn is just a few steps away" and have a good laugh about it.

slaveleia
10-14-2011, 12:37 AM
I think everyone should give mages a break sometimes as they don't see you right away. I know I've missed players sometimes when so many things are popping on screen & I've even rev-d dead enemies by mistake! Lmao or re-res'd a character who was already revived. Many times players go off on their own...away from group & they are harder to find.