PDA

View Full Version : BUG: Door opening / breaching / using resets quite often

Hullukko
10-13-2011, 07:08 AM
When I open a special container, breach a door anything that starts up the progress bar timer, it sometimes resets nearly midway abruptly (and certainly so that I haven't touch a damn thing or received a hit or anything else that normally resets it). And there's no choice but to retap on the desired object and start the progress bar timer allover again.

It must have something to do with the player prediction and how the client-side and server-side opening process are being sync'd. And there is a bug somewhere in there or perhaps it's a side-effect of some "keyframe" synchro or whatnot, don't know your protocol, might need a 300ms latency to get it to occur, I dunno.

This happens quite frequently. I'd say, roughly one in four or so. The reason I'm complaining is that it is really annoying when it happens in the key container in venomous or the power console in the wasted, because I normally try to get the key before the sandbag hits, but if the opening process is again abruptly interrupted I can't get it opened/turned-off in time and have to run away and then again back to the console. It used to be a burden in scorched, too, but these days I trigger the sandbag earlier in there.

Kahlua
10-13-2011, 07:14 AM
While I have absolutely ZERO idea what that second paragraph says...(and I mean zero, like I understand the conjunctions and words like 'it' and 'the, and that's it) I would have to agree that this has been a problem for a while and can be very annoying. Like when I go to open a crate, and the animation continues all the way through...I even raise my hand in the air like I would when it opens...and it just resets. It's very tedious when I start to move away from a container only to have to go back to it. It's a small annoyance, but an annoyance none-the-less :(

Navygreen
10-13-2011, 07:14 AM
Happens to me, too. Especially openening containers. I very frequently have to open it twice before I get what's inside. Doors also but not as often.

Carth
10-13-2011, 07:31 AM
I thought I was the only one having this small problem. Nice to know that this is happening to others too. Now we can probably expect a fix sometime in the future if the devs happen to find the source of the problem.

CrzyAzn
10-13-2011, 07:42 AM
I have the same problem also. This whole time I thought I was hitting the screen by accident halfway through the bar.

BodMaster
10-13-2011, 02:54 PM
I thought I was the only one having this small problem. Nice to know that this is happening to others too.

*Vampire feeding off our misery* I see how it is now Carth :p

Nah this happens on a regular basis, never thought to suggest it as a bug, kinda thought that I was doing something for it to happen.

Gazroast
10-13-2011, 05:21 PM
+1
Very annoying.

Flip
10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
We've noticed this too, it's not strictly tied to ping. We're looking into it =)
Thanks!